If Perron is out longer

Created by: BluesGetTheCup
Team: 2018-19 St. Louis Blues
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 20, 2019
Published: Feb. 20, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
STL
  1. Silfverberg, Jakob ($1,500,000 retained)
ANA
  1. Blais, Samuel
  2. Schmaltz, Jordan
  3. 2020 2nd round pick (STL)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$79,500,000$65,959,321$150,988$232,500$13,540,679
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$5,125,000$5,125,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$1,875,000$1,875,000
C
UFA - 5
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW
UFA - 5
$5,350,000$5,350,000
LW
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$5,750,000$5,750,000
LW, RW, C
NTC
UFA - 3
$650,000$650,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$741,667$741,667
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$894,166$894,166
C, RW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 2
$650,000$650,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,400,000$5,400,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
UFA - 4
$4,350,000$4,350,000
G
UFA - 3
$2,900,000$2,900,000
LD
UFA - 1
$722,500$722,500 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$875,000$875,000 (Performance Bonus$50,000$50K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,150,000$1,150,000
RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 20, 2019 at 11:39 a.m.
According to Lebrun via the athletic we've agreed in principle to a 5 year deal with Silf that can't be signed until some cap is moved out

"You can take his name off any trade list.
Sources suggest the Ducks and Silfverberg have essentially come to an agreement on what will be a five-year deal but it can’t be signed and made official at this point because of tagging issues the team is dealing with.
It’s not clear when exactly they can get the contract signed. But what’s clear is that any team calling Anaheim on Silfverberg is being told he’s not available."

And in a deal he is moved we wouldnt retain or have to retain anything to get a good return
Feb. 20, 2019 at 11:48 a.m.
Sam
They’re gonna sign him but I’m starting to think we need Perron insurance
Feb. 20, 2019 at 12:22 p.m.
Quoting: STLBlues17

Personally, I think we need some speed and slightly more skill. This run is great and everything thankfully in part because of great goaltending, but if Armstrong wants and feels like we have a shot at the cup this season he needs to get more speed into that lineup. Even though we beat both Tampa and Toronto, even though we beat Nashville in back to back, it's clear that other teams' speed is going to be hard for the Blues to contend with over the course of 7 games. Blues looked tired especially in that second period and the speed factor of the other team's led to some bad decisions with the puck in our own zone. We sat back on our heels, blocked a lot of shots still, but we have Toronto the opportunity to come back. Not sure what Armstrong will do, but we need to get in a second line center, hopefully Thomas can take that spot, but assuming Perron comes back and Thomas is not ready, we need someone other than Bozak in that 2nd line center slot.
rja40 liked this.
Feb. 20, 2019 at 12:32 p.m.

johansson, zuccarello and dzingel i think are three good options
STLBlues17, A_K and BluesGetTheCup liked this.
Feb. 20, 2019 at 12:35 p.m.
Sam
Quoting: Chopper02
Personally, I think we need some speed and slightly more skill. This run is great and everything thankfully in part because of great goaltending, but if Armstrong wants and feels like we have a shot at the cup this season he needs to get more speed into that lineup. Even though we beat both Tampa and Toronto, even though we beat Nashville in back to back, it's clear that other teams' speed is going to be hard for the Blues to contend with over the course of 7 games. Blues looked tired especially in that second period and the speed factor of the other team's led to some bad decisions with the puck in our own zone. We sat back on our heels, blocked a lot of shots still, but we have Toronto the opportunity to come back. Not sure what Armstrong will do, but we need to get in a second line center, hopefully Thomas can take that spot, but assuming Perron comes back and Thomas is not ready, we need someone other than Bozak in that 2nd line center slot.

I think if we do anything we should go big. Adding to the top of the lineup pushes everybody down into rolls they can excel at and can help mitigate the lack of elite talent. I beleive Perron is a 3rd-liner on a cup team but his return will certainly give Schwartz a boost. I’ve seen talk of adding a 2c or a PPqb but honestly I think we already have both (Dunn, Thomas.) I love Berube but my one gripe is that Pietrangelo is on PP1 instead of Dunn. If we burn assets and cap on a QB while we’ve got a 22 year old on a 38 point pace playing 17 minutes I will be pissed.
Feb. 20, 2019 at 1:17 p.m.

To be fair it was our 4th game in 6 days.
Feb. 20, 2019 at 1:18 p.m.
Quoting: AndrewColvin91
johansson, zuccarello and dzingel i think are three good options

All interesting names. Not sure of the cost of each, but would be down to check in on them. (Armstrong checking in obviously).
Feb. 20, 2019 at 2:36 p.m.
Quoting: BluesGetTheCup
To be fair it was our 4th game in 6 days.

If it was just isolated to Toronto i wouldn't worry as much. But it's happened against Tampa, Nashville (twice), now Toronto. I know the Blues have played a lot of hockey, but they can't expect to sit back on their heels against good teams after getting a good lead and expect to win.
Feb. 20, 2019 at 2:38 p.m.
I think if we do anything we should go big. Adding to the top of the lineup pushes everybody down into rolls they can excel at and can help mitigate the lack of elite talent. I beleive Perron is a 3rd-liner on a cup team but his return will certainly give Schwartz a boost. I’ve seen talk of adding a 2c or a PPqb but honestly I think we already have both (Dunn, Thomas.) I love Berube but my one gripe is that Pietrangelo is on PP1 instead of Dunn. If we burn assets and cap on a QB while we’ve got a 22 year old on a 38 point pace playing 17 minutes I will be pissed.

I hate the idea of paying big, especially since we have some good young talent, but if Armstrong feels like we have a chance to win this year he'll have to. I definitely wouldn't get a PP QB defenseman. I think a 2nd line center plus getting Perron back could be good.
Feb. 20, 2019 at 2:38 p.m.
If it was just isolated to Toronto i wouldn't worry as much. But it's happened against Tampa, Nashville (twice), now Toronto. I know the Blues have played a lot of hockey, but they can't expect to sit back on their heels against good teams after getting a good lead and expect to win.

They dominated the first game against Nashville, second was just a back to back and again 3rd in 4 days. Tampa is an elite team and we dominated that game. We should have scored 4 or 5. Vasy stood on his head. I don't think we're sitting on our heels. We're just playing elite teams and mostly outplaying them. Both goals by Toronto are ****ty fluky goals.
Feb. 20, 2019 at 2:41 p.m.

Actually, if we decide to get someone in FA and play out the rest of the season, how about sign Duchene in the offseason, then run with ROR and Duchene as centers with Schenn, Schwartz Tarasenko and maybe Thomas as the top 6. Pretty good especially if they dump Steen's contract
Feb. 20, 2019 at 2:53 p.m.
They dominated the first game against Nashville, second was just a back to back and again 3rd in 4 days. Tampa is an elite team and we dominated that game. We should have scored 4 or 5. Vasy stood on his head. I don't think we're sitting on our heels. We're just playing elite teams and mostly outplaying them. Both goals by Toronto are ****ty fluky goals.

The first game against Nashville it was fairly even after 1, Blues played the best in 2nd, and Nashville dominated the 3rd. Game 2 Nashville dominated much of the game, but Blues capitalized on their opportunities.
In Tampa, not sure what game you watched, but the last half of the second and the third were dominated by Tampa. Binnington was even more impressive than Vasy. Granted Blues defense blocked a lot of shots, but Tampa was in our zone most of the 3rd.
And yeah, both Toronto goals were fluky, but you can't tell me that the Blues were even close to dominant in the last half of that game. If it wasn't for the Blues sitting back Toronto wouldn't have had a chance to get those bad bounces. Again, the Blues defense blocked a ton of shots which is great, but they can't keep it up. Heck, even against Minnesota the Blues gave up 17 shots in the 3rd!
Feb. 20, 2019 at 2:57 p.m.
The first game against Nashville it was fairly even after 1, Blues played the best in 2nd, and Nashville dominated the 3rd. Game 2 Nashville dominated much of the game, but Blues capitalized on their opportunities.
In Tampa, not sure what game you watched, but the last half of the second and the third were dominated by Tampa. Binnington was even more impressive than Vasy. Granted Blues defense blocked a lot of shots, but Tampa was in our zone most of the 3rd.
And yeah, both Toronto goals were fluky, but you can't tell me that the Blues were even close to dominant in the last half of that game. If it wasn't for the Blues sitting back Toronto wouldn't have had a chance to get those bad bounces. Again, the Blues defense blocked a ton of shots which is great, but they can't keep it up. Heck, even against Minnesota the Blues gave up 17 shots in the 3rd!

We were up 4-0 against Minnesota lol. By most advanced measures (xG, Corsi, etc) we dominated most games. We're playing like a legit top 5 team in the NHL. So I'm not sure what games you were watching either. I don't really need to have a big argument on CapFriendly about it though.
Feb. 20, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.
Sam
We were up 4-0 against Minnesota lol. By most advanced measures (xG, Corsi, etc) we dominated most games. We're playing like a legit top 5 team in the NHL. So I'm not sure what games you were watching either. I don't really need to have a big argument on CapFriendly about it though.

Yeah, the second Nashville game and the Colorado game are the only games we’ve had negative expected goal shares
Feb. 20, 2019 at 4:39 p.m.

If you use Corsi as a legit stat I pity you. Corsi is just as reliable as plus/minus. Go back and watch the games. You'll notice some trends in the game during the last period and half. Blues are almost always dominant out of the gate, but look at defensive zone faceoffs, shot attempts, and other stats as the game goes on. Blues may end up comong on top of those categories for the game as a whole, but when you look at tgose periods without the advanced stats you'll notice some things.
Feb. 20, 2019 at 6:14 p.m.
If you use Corsi as a legit stat I pity you. Corsi is just as reliable as plus/minus. Go back and watch the games. You'll notice some trends in the game during the last period and half. Blues are almost always dominant out of the gate, but look at defensive zone faceoffs, shot attempts, and other stats as the game goes on. Blues may end up comong on top of those categories for the game as a whole, but when you look at tgose periods without the advanced stats you'll notice some things.

I generally use xG differential for games, but I've seen on here you aren't a huge fan of analytics. I mean we dominated every period here: http://moneypuck.com/g.htm?id=2018020844

And here: http://moneypuck.com/g.htm?id=2018020831

And here: http://moneypuck.com/g.htm?id=2018020921

Here's the wild game: http://moneypuck.com/g.htm?id=2018020905

Looking at any stat there (and you can check out evolving-hockey too) we have soundly dominated most of the games. I think you're wrong and looking at shot attempts (literally Corsi lol), and DZone face-offs (what?) isn't going to paint a different picture).
Feb. 20, 2019 at 6:36 p.m.
I generally use xG differential for games, but I've seen on here you aren't a huge fan of analytics. I mean we dominated every period here: http://moneypuck.com/g.htm?id=2018020844

Looking at any stat there (and you can check out evolving-hockey too) we have soundly dominated most of the games. I think you're wrong and looking at shot attempts (literally Corsi lol), and DZone face-offs (what?) isn't going to paint a different picture).

I don’t look at shot attempts as a stat rather than looking at them in conjunction with what happens during the game. And yeah, those advanced stats look great for the entire game, but not for time spent of the defensive zone. I’m not huge on advanced stats as a whole because people rely on them too much and not the eye test. The stats look fantastic for the Blues for the whole game, but seriously use your eyes to judge what’s happening in the game. Look specifically towards the end of the game in both. Yes Blues still get scoring chances in the third, but take note at time within our defensive zone, how often the opposing team is able to get into our zone and force turnovers in the third. We may not have the most turnovers in the game because of a dominant first 30 minutes, but in the latter part of the game we slow down big time.
I don’t think advanced stats are completely useless, don’t get that twisted, but don’t rely solely on advanced stats to tell the story.
Feb. 20, 2019 at 7:04 p.m.
I don’t look at shot attempts as a stat rather than looking at them in conjunction with what happens during the game. And yeah, those advanced stats look great for the entire game, but not for time spent of the defensive zone. I’m not huge on advanced stats as a whole because people rely on them too much and not the eye test. The stats look fantastic for the Blues for the whole game, but seriously use your eyes to judge what’s happening in the game. Look specifically towards the end of the game in both. Yes Blues still get scoring chances in the third, but take note at time within our defensive zone, how often the opposing team is able to get into our zone and force turnovers in the third. We may not have the most turnovers in the game because of a dominant first 30 minutes, but in the latter part of the game we slow down big time.
I don’t think advanced stats are completely useless, don’t get that twisted, but don’t rely solely on advanced stats to tell the story.

I watch every game so I'm supplementing what I'm seeing with the advanced stats. I don't just sit on a computer and look at the xGs to see where we're at lol. I get what you're saying, I just think you're overblowing the other team's push. that always happens in every game. It's hockey. We weather their pushes and then still manage to get opportunities. It happens and we also have one of the most packed schedules over this run.
Feb. 20, 2019 at 7:25 p.m.
I watch every game so I'm supplementing what I'm seeing with the advanced stats. I don't just sit on a computer and look at the xGs to see where we're at lol. I get what you're saying, I just think you're overblowing the other team's push. that always happens in every game. It's hockey. We weather their pushes and then still manage to get opportunities. It happens and we also have one of the most packed schedules over this run.

And maybe last night it was due to fatigue. I’m open to that. It seems to be a growing trend. And while pushes do happen during the game, it’s usually not one after the other. We’ve gotten really stellar goaltending but as we saw last night, keep giving good teams opportunities and bad things happen.
Feb. 20, 2019 at 7:43 p.m.
And maybe last night it was due to fatigue. I’m open to that. It seems to be a growing trend. And while pushes do happen during the game, it’s usually not one after the other. We’ve gotten really stellar goaltending but as we saw last night, keep giving good teams opportunities and bad things happen.

Yeah, though even last night the Leafs took it to us the second period, the third period was an even match and they got some BS goals and Freddy made some huge saves too.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll