Forums/Armchair-GM

If we really want Stone

Created by: Username_Bot
Team: 2018-19 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 24, 2019
Published: Feb. 24, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Honestly, I don't want Stone but it would look something like this. How is the value? Overpayment? Underpayment? (Are you serious, that is not close to underpaying). This btw is to compete against other clubs that want Stone so we kinda have to overpay
Trades
BOS
  1. Goloubef, Cody
  2. Stone, Mark
  3. 2021 2nd round pick (SJS)
Additional Details:
50% retain for Mark Stone
OTT
  1. Heinen, Danton
  2. Nordström, Joakim
  3. Vaakanainen, Urho
  4. 2019 2nd round pick (BOS)
  5. 2020 3rd round pick (BOS)
Additional Details:
Conditional 2019 2nd round pick: if the Boston Bruins are able to win the SCF, a 2019 1st round pick will be sent instead of the 2019 2nd round pick.

Conditional 2020 3rd round pick: If the Bruins resigns Stone for less than 3 years, a 2020 2nd round pick will be sent instead and if the Bruins resign Stone for over 3 years, a 2020 1st round draft pick will be sent instead.

Steep price to pay for a potential rental. Don't like the idea of this but its how the trade would look like. And btw, Nordstrom is for the roaster spot.
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$79,500,000$81,285,668$774,000$2,832,500-$1,785,668
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 7
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
UFA - 5
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$7,250,000$7,250,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$7,350,000$7,350,000
RW
UFA - 1
$742,500$742,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$3,200,000$3,200,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$1,275,000$1,275,000
C, LW
UFA - 3
$725,000$725,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000 (Performance Bonus$1,750,000$2M)
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RD
UFA - 1
$7,000,000$7,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$789,167$789,167
RD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000 (Performance Bonus$25,000$25K)
RW
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD
UFA - 5
$650,000$650,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 24, 2019 at 12:20 a.m.
Sens decline not even close. You have to remove the 2nd coming to Boston, the ‘19 2nd becomes a 1st.
Feb. 24, 2019 at 12:21 a.m.
Username_Bot
Quoting: Gofnut999
Sens decline not even close. You have to remove the 2nd coming to Boston, the ‘19 2nd becomes a 1st.

alright, take out the 2nd coming to Boston but like they kind of are already taking back a first rounder in Vaak and another late first in Heinen. That's 2 1st round picks imo and you shouldn't give another guaranteed first rounder
Feb. 24, 2019 at 12:22 a.m.
Quoting: Username_Bot
alright, take out the 2nd coming to Boston but like they kind of are already taking back a first rounder in Vaak and another late first in Heinen. That's 2 1st round picks imo and you shouldn't give another guaranteed first rounder

Then you don’t get him ?‍♂️
Feb. 24, 2019 at 12:27 a.m.
Username_Bot
Then you don’t get him ?‍♂️

agreed! Read the description. I don't want Stone. I don't understand why people want Stone
Feb. 24, 2019 at 12:35 a.m.
Official Leafs Fan
You think this is overpayment? A (young but not too young) guy with 20 pts., A B level prospect (I don’t care that he was taken mid first round he isn’t an A level) nordstrom who is not worth much and not even a garunteed (or even likely) 1st..... that’s way too low, make it a garunteed 1st and a conditional 2nd that could be a first if Boston makes it to the finals and I’m still not 100% sure Ottawa accepts
Feb. 24, 2019 at 12:37 a.m.
agreed! Read the description. I don't want Stone. I don't understand why people want Stone

Because he’s really good.

Short term thinkers though.

Can’t resign him and the RFAs next year without somehow getting rid of Backes contract entirely and trading Krug. And then even if you manage you are tapped the following year when Debrusk, Coyle, Grizz, Halak, Bjork come due.

Idiots would set the team back for years to improve the odds of a Cup from roughly 15% chance to 30%. I don’t get it. Add a 3rd line RW or C for a reasonable cost and hope to stay healthy.
Feb. 24, 2019 at 12:43 a.m.
Username_Bot
Quoting: Hackadart
You think this is overpayment? A (young but not too young) guy with 20 pts., A B level prospect (I don’t care that he was taken mid first round he isn’t an A level) nordstrom who is not worth much and not even a garunteed (or even likely) 1st..... that’s way too low, make it a garunteed 1st and a conditional 2nd that could be a first if Boston makes it to the finals and I’m still not 100% sure Ottawa accepts

this is hilarious. 1st off, Heinen has hit a sophomore surge and is on a bad year. He had a 50 point campaign in his rookie season. He is only going to be better and better. A first round pick doesn't mean a NHL player and so he is a safe mid first round pick. He is better than you think. 2nd of all, how tf is Vaak a B level prospect. He is a 2-way D and not expected to score. Tell me how he is a B leveled prospect. Is saying Carter Hart is a B+ prospect. It's hilarious. One of the best built D prospects right now. This is hilarious.Nordstrom is nothing in this trade. If you have eyes, you better read what I wrote. So lets say the sens lose Stone for nothing or take this deal. This deal could get you probably Tarasenko if he was producing worse with retaining. This is a troll post and stop being illogical
Feb. 24, 2019 at 12:45 a.m.
Username_Bot
Because he’s really good.

Short term thinkers though.

Can’t resign him and the RFAs next year without somehow getting rid of Backes contract entirely and trading Krug. And then even if you manage you are tapped the following year when Debrusk, Coyle, Grizz, Halak, Bjork come due.

Idiots would set the team back for years to improve the odds of a Cup from roughly 15% chance to 30%. I don’t get it. Add a 3rd line RW or C for a reasonable cost and hope to stay healthy.

exactly. Its future or now and I rather build for the future, even though players in their prime would get worse but if we can go for a cup run with a solid depth (3rd and 4th line). We don't need an insane top 6. We need 12 fowards producing)
Feb. 24, 2019 at 12:55 a.m.
Official Leafs Fan
this is hilarious. 1st off, Heinen has hit a sophomore surge and is on a bad year. He had a 50 point campaign in his rookie season. He is only going to be better and better. A first round pick doesn't mean a NHL player and so he is a safe mid first round pick. He is better than you think. 2nd of all, how tf is Vaak a B level prospect. He is a 2-way D and not expected to score. Tell me how he is a B leveled prospect. Is saying Carter Hart is a B+ prospect. It's hilarious. One of the best built D prospects right now. This is hilarious.Nordstrom is nothing in this trade. If you have eyes, you better read what I wrote. So lets say the sens lose Stone for nothing or take this deal. This deal could get you probably Tarasenko if he was producing worse with retaining. This is a troll post and stop being illogical

1. I said “Nordstrom who isn’t worth much” just to get that outta the way
2. Vaakanainen is a b level prospect cause he is a 20 y.o in his rookie ahl season looking like he needs another ahl season, will be 22 when he enter the league assuming he does well next year, doesn’t have a crazy high ceiling, not that he won’t make the nhl or even be a top 4 guy at some point, but he is a B level prospect
3. Nail yakupov had 31pts. In 48 games in his rookie campaign, which proves a good rookie year doesn’t mean s***, teams aren’t dumb enough to pay max value for him right now, if he rebounds next year (which he more than likely will) then he is worth what a 50 point guy is worth, not now
4. Carter Hart is a 20 Y.O goalie with a .917 in his first 22 NHL games, how is that comparable to Vaakanienen in any way
5. If the Sens has to choose between this deal or nothing, they would take this deal, but that’s the only scenario that they would take this deal, and that’s not the scenario in the real world where the rest of us live
Feb. 24, 2019 at 1:06 a.m.
Username_Bot
2. Vaakanainen is a b level prospect cause he is a 20 y.o in his rookie ahl season looking like he needs another ahl season, will be 22 when he enter the league assuming he does well next year, doesn’t have a crazy high ceiling, not that he won’t make the nhl or even be a top 4 guy at some point, but he is a B level prospect
3. Nail yakupov had 31pts. In 48 games in his rookie campaign, which proves a good rookie year doesn’t mean s***, teams aren’t dumb enough to pay max value for him right now, if he rebounds next year (which he more than likely will) then he is worth what a 50 point guy is worth, not now
4. Carter Hart is a 20 Y.O goalie with a .917 in his first 22 NHL games, how is that comparable to Vaakanienen in any way
5. If the Sens has to choose between this deal or nothing, they would take this deal, but that’s the only scenario that they would take this deal, and that’s not the scenario in the real world where the rest of us live

vaak needs another AHL season. Production wise? What is wrong with you Dman aren't suppose to score a bunch. He plays insane Defense (something a lot of teams lack) and doesn't jump offense when he doesn't need to making basically no mistakes. He is NHL ready this season but we don't have a spot for him. It's a joke how fans just look at Vlassic and he sucks because he doesn't put up points. This is the funniest joke of today. Ok so which deal would they take and from which team. Its pretty much a joke from you. A toward can't be compared to a Dman as you say Carter Hart can't be compared to Vaak. Its so funny you contradicted yourself twice in a single post.
Btw, did you even watch him in wjc 2019 or in the AHL. If you didnt, you don't just anything
Feb. 24, 2019 at 1:08 a.m.
Official Leafs Fan
vaak needs another AHL season. Production wise? What is wrong with you Dman aren't suppose to score a bunch. He plays insane Defense (something a lot of teams lack) and doesn't jump offense when he doesn't need to making basically no mistakes. He is NHL ready this season but we don't have a spot for him. It's a joke how fans just look at Vlassic and he sucks because he doesn't put up points. This is the funniest joke of today. Ok so which deal would they take and from which team. Its pretty much a joke from you. A toward can't be compared to a Dman as you say Carter Hart can't be compared to Vaak. Its so funny you contradicted yourself twice in a single post.
Btw, did you even watch him in wjc 2019 or in the AHL. If you didnt, you don't just anything

Where did I contradict myself? Also Vlasic is a beast
Feb. 24, 2019 at 1:12 a.m.
Username_Bot
Where did I contradict myself? Also Vlasic is a beast

than Vaak is a beast because they play the same type of game. Defense. You are too stupid to find out where you contradicted
Feb. 24, 2019 at 1:16 a.m.
Official Leafs Fan
than Vaak is a beast because they play the same type of game. Defense. You are too stupid to find out where you contradicted

I said an NHL goaltender isn’t comparable to an AHL defenseman, also I never said Vaak is bad, just that he needs more time and doesn’t have an extremely high ceiling, which makes him not an A level prospect, maybe Vaak will be as good as Vlasic one day, but the odds aren’t great so he again is not an A level prospect, but anyways, now that you may have untwisted your panties a bit I encourage you to reread my post and tell me where I contradicted myself, then I will explain to you where you miss understood and are wrong
Feb. 24, 2019 at 2:57 a.m.

On any other team Vaak would be in the NHL next year, he had a bad concussion this year and missed a lot of time. No question Vaak is an A prospect,Heinen is going to be a really solid player, 60 point two-way guy. Sens still might not do it and i doubt the bruins would do it either. I just dont see them as partners for stone
Feb. 24, 2019 at 2:58 a.m.
Official Leafs Fan
Quoting: shmoeman
On any other team Vaak would be in the NHL next year, he had a bad concussion this year and missed a lot of time. No question Vaak is an A prospect,Heinen is going to be a really solid player, 60 point two-way guy. Sens still might not do it and i doubt the bruins would do it either. I just dont see them as partners for stone

So you realized I didn’t contradict myself eh?
Feb. 24, 2019 at 9:01 a.m.
Username_Bot
So you realized I didn’t contradict myself eh?

uh... You did
Feb. 24, 2019 at 5:24 p.m.
Official Leafs Fan
uh... You did

Again, tell me where, and I’ll tell you how you misunderstood
Feb. 25, 2019 at 7:03 a.m.
Username_Bot
Again, tell me where, and I’ll tell you how you misunderstood

tell me where you didn't contradict yourself
Feb. 25, 2019 at 9:26 a.m.
Official Leafs Fan
tell me where you didn't contradict yourself

Sure, here is where I didn’t contradict myself,

That whole thing there
Feb. 25, 2019 at 9:33 a.m.
Bruins Fan

That whole thing there

Vaakanainen is an A prospect imo. Not an A+, but an A. B Prospects are like Cehlarik Zboril and Senyshyn.

Yakupov is a special case because he was a one way player who sucked at defense which isn't anything like the player you're comparing him to. Heinen hasn't scored a lot but still has gotten a lot of Ice time because he's so good defensively. It's a poor comparison.

Goalies have less value than skaters. They go up and down before learning how to be consistent. There are too many goalies to mention who put up good numbers in the CHL and then busted in the NHL because it's a different path. That's why very few are drafted in the 1st round because it's harder to know who will work out.
Feb. 25, 2019 at 10:23 a.m.
Official Leafs Fan
Quoting: Breakaway
Vaakanainen is an A prospect imo. Not an A+, but an A. B Prospects are like Cehlarik Zboril and Senyshyn.

Yakupov is a special case because he was a one way player who sucked at defense which isn't anything like the player you're comparing him to. Heinen hasn't scored a lot but still has gotten a lot of Ice time because he's so good defensively. It's a poor comparison.

Goalies have less value than skaters. They go up and down before learning how to be consistent. There are too many goalies to mention who put up good numbers in the CHL and then busted in the NHL because it's a different path. That's why very few are drafted in the 1st round because it's harder to know who will work out.

I try to differentiate more when we refer to an A level prospect on Defense, I think of Cale Makar or Quinn Hughes, and I don’t think Vaakanainen is on that level, maybe I just grade prospects differently than you guys/ high a higher threshold of what qualifies as an A level, and I wasn’t comparing Yak to Heinen, just showing a case where a good first year didn’t work out, that will cause teams to be cautious and not pay full price for a guy who is having a bad year, and for Hart idk why the other guy brought him up... I’m confused as to how he thinks a rookie NHL goalie is comparable to an AHL defenseman.... I don’t get it
Feb. 25, 2019 at 8:05 p.m.
Official Leafs Fan
In hindsight they probably woulda taken this deal lol, - the 2nd going to BOS
Feb. 25, 2019 at 8:10 p.m.
Username_Bot

That whole thing there

this is hilarious. I'm stopping this comedy.
Feb. 25, 2019 at 8:13 p.m.
Official Leafs Fan
this is hilarious. I'm stopping this comedy.

Ur a tool, read my last comment, I said this is better than what they did end up getting

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll