Forums/Armchair-GM

Realistic Worst-Case Scenario pt 2

Created by: KUUUCH
Team: 2020-21 Tampa Bay Lightning
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 11, 2019
Published: Mar. 11, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Personally, I think BriseBois locks up everyone @ deserving & team-friendly cap hits. I’m just trying to prove the “Tampa can’t afford Point” haters wrong. Only way to do so, is to pretend like Point & Vasy sign w/ cap hits similar to the top players on teams with 50% + tax rates.

NOTABLE 2019-20 subtractions: Callahan, Erne, Verhaeghe, Stralman, Coburn, Girardi, 2nd rd pick.

NOTABLE 2020-21 subtractions: Killorn, Miller, Joseph, Volkov, Stephens, Domingue.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
7$11,000,000
8$10,000,000
5$3,000,000
5$3,750,000
3$3,000,000
1$1,000,000
1$1,000,000
Trades
TBL
  1. 2021 4th round pick (DAL)
DAL
  1. Killorn, Alex
Additional Details:
(doesn't matter the team or return)
TBL
  1. 2019 2nd round pick (COL)
COL
  1. Miller, J.T.
Additional Details:
(doesn't matter what team or the return)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the COL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$86,000,000$85,723,356$0$632,500$276,644
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, C, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 7
$5,166,666$5,166,666
C, LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 5
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 4
$5,300,000$5,300,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 2
$759,258$759,258
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, LW
UFA - 3
$833,333$833,333
RW
RFA - 1
$833,333$833,333
LW
RFA - 1
$809,166$809,166 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
C
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,875,000$7,875,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$10,000,000$10,000,000
G
UFA - 8
$6,750,000$6,750,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 6
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 3
$721,600$721,600
D
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$791,667$791,667 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW
RFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 11, 2019 at 10:31 p.m.
hot take: Connor Ingram is really good and lightning shouldn't invest big money in vaselski, just like how they didn't invest big money in bishop
Mar. 11, 2019 at 10:46 p.m.
KUUUCH
Quoting: mhockey91
hot take: Connor Ingram is really good and lightning shouldn't invest big money in vaselski, just like how they didn't invest big money in bishop

Ingram is solid, but Bishop was older and Vasy IMO is the best goalie in the league right now. Call me biased, I just haven't seen any other goalie in history even attempt the saves that he's made. I've never trusted a Lightning Goalie more than him, but like I said that's just my opinion.
Mar. 11, 2019 at 11:09 p.m.
Quoting: KUUUCH
Ingram is solid, but Bishop was older and Vasy IMO is the best goalie in the league right now. Call me biased, I just haven't seen any other goalie in history even attempt the saves that he's made. I've never trusted a Lightning Goalie more than him, but like I said that's just my opinion.

I mean the team he's on his absolutely OP. I'm not saying hes an amazing goalie and one of the best, but I think TBL would be better off spending that 10 million elsewhere. ingram looks like the best goalie in the AHL this season. tied for 2nd in save percentage, 2nd in GAA, first in shutouts. no idea why they sent him down to the ECHL. must've been conditioning. I think it would be tough for a team that good to invest 10 million in goaltending especially when they have a top goalie prospect in the system.
Mar. 11, 2019 at 11:36 p.m.
KUUUCH
Quoting: mhockey91
I mean the team he's on his absolutely OP. I'm not saying hes an amazing goalie and one of the best, but I think TBL would be better off spending that 10 million elsewhere. ingram looks like the best goalie in the AHL this season. tied for 2nd in save percentage, 2nd in GAA, first in shutouts. no idea why they sent him down to the ECHL. must've been conditioning. I think it would be tough for a team that good to invest 10 million in goaltending especially when they have a top goalie prospect in the system.

Yea but the team doesn't change the saves you attempt to make as a goalie (referring to his several behind the back glove & other crazy saves).
I read somewhere it was because of having a bad attitude or something. They're both are expiring in 2020 so there's still plenty of time for Vasy to lose his elite/franchise status, but I can't see it happening.
If I was a GM and I could pick 1 guaranteed elite young superstar, I'd pick goalie every time but that's just me.
mhockey91 liked this.
Mar. 12, 2019 at 2:05 a.m.
I can't speak as to Ingram's true value but only a fool would not do whatever it takes to make Vasy your goalie for life. If Ingram is that good then you trade him when you can maximise his value.

Kuuuch I think these are good exercises but do you think a bridge deal is a likely scenario for Point? It'a tough call given what he's done already and how nice it would be to have him locked in for 7-8 years. Of course what happens in this year's playoffs will be a factor. If we win the cup then that takes a lot of pressure off Brisbois and he can probably think more long term.
Mar. 12, 2019 at 2:18 p.m.
KUUUCH
Quoting: Fatwater
I can't speak as to Ingram's true value but only a fool would not do whatever it takes to make Vasy your goalie for life. If Ingram is that good then you trade him when you can maximise his value.

Kuuuch I think these are good exercises but do you think a bridge deal is a likely scenario for Point? It'a tough call given what he's done already and how nice it would be to have him locked in for 7-8 years. Of course what happens in this year's playoffs will be a factor. If we win the cup then that takes a lot of pressure off Brisbois and he can probably think more long term.

Agreed, winning the cup is def a huge factor. I do know Point has said he loves Tampa and is willing to work with the team & doesn't care if he signs 3 years, 5 years, or 8 years. It's hard to predict which he'll chose but personally I'd say 5 years because of Stammer's first extension & the similarity in ppg @ time of signing. Matthews also just took 5 years. But Kuch, Johnson, Palat all got 3 year bridges so like I said it's hard to tell.
Mar. 13, 2019 at 4:27 a.m.
Mittelstadt + Ristolainen for Point ?

For the record,
I know for a FACT that Tampa tried to trade for Risto at the deadline
Offer was Miller, Cernak or Cirelli, and we take on a Cap dump (I’m assuming Callahan)
Mar. 13, 2019 at 7:45 p.m.
KUUUCH
Quoting: Jdfitz77
Mittelstadt + Ristolainen for Point ?

For the record,
I know for a FACT that Tampa tried to trade for Risto at the deadline
Offer was Miller, Cernak or Cirelli, and we take on a Cap dump (I’m assuming Callahan)

Sources? I heard rumors, didn't know anything was confirmed. Personally you'd have to pay may to take on Risto, not a fan of his defense.
Mar. 14, 2019 at 9:33 p.m.
Sources? I heard rumors, didn't know anything was confirmed. Personally you'd have to pay may to take on Risto, not a fan of his defense.

A friend of mine knows a guy in Management of the Bills/Sabres (same owner)
Gives me inside information all the time that turns out correct, so i trust the stuff he tells me that was discussed or came close to happening

Yeah, Risto definitely has defensive lapses
But he also can dominate at times
Had a great game against u guys last time,
which I’m guessing had something to do with the Bolts being interested

I can’t say whether or not these talks will be revisited in the offseason
Might depend on the Bolts playoff run
Mar. 14, 2019 at 10:19 p.m.
KUUUCH
A friend of mine knows a guy in Management of the Bills/Sabres (same owner)
Gives me inside information all the time that turns out correct, so i trust the stuff he tells me that was discussed or came close to happening

Yeah, Risto definitely has defensive lapses
But he also can dominate at times
Had a great game against u guys last time,
which I’m guessing had something to do with the Bolts being interested

I can’t say whether or not these talks will be revisited in the offseason
Might depend on the Bolts playoff run

Yea winning or losing the cup is gonna be a huge factor for future team plans. I'm sure Risto isn't completely useless, he's just developed his pro game on one of the worse NHL teams to start his career. Better/new players & coaches can def change a player for the better or the worse. I just don't think he deserves the trade value that Buffalo is presumed to ask for him.
Mar. 15, 2019 at 1:34 a.m.
Yea winning or losing the cup is gonna be a huge factor for future team plans. I'm sure Risto isn't completely useless, he's just developed his pro game on one of the worse NHL teams to start his career. Better/new players & coaches can def change a player for the better or the worse. I just don't think he deserves the trade value that Buffalo is presumed to ask for him.

Speaking from a Tampa (or other good team) perspective...
my guess is that in Ristolainen they see a physical defenseman who can skate the puck up ice, is pretty good on the PP, and scores 40+ points every year on one of the worst scoring teams
And then the thought with his defensive flaws...
would probably be that if u could get Ristolainen on a good team, then he’s going to be exposed so much less than on Buffalo- and that would really limit a lot of the errors he makes in his own end
And boost his offensive stats even- since on a good team, he’d be playing in the offensive zone A LOT more than the defensive end

I think that’s how Buffalo sees it also
So we’d consider trading him,
but only if someone overpays
Bc we see how good he can be, & just need to get rid of our dead weight so we can build up the team around him (and our other young talent)
KUUUCH liked this.
Mar. 15, 2019 at 4:44 p.m.
KUUUCH
Speaking from a Tampa (or other good team) perspective...
my guess is that in Ristolainen they see a physical defenseman who can skate the puck up ice, is pretty good on the PP, and scores 40+ points every year on one of the worst scoring teams
And then the thought with his defensive flaws...
would probably be that if u could get Ristolainen on a good team, then he’s going to be exposed so much less than on Buffalo- and that would really limit a lot of the errors he makes in his own end
And boost his offensive stats even- since on a good team, he’d be playing in the offensive zone A LOT more than the defensive end

I think that’s how Buffalo sees it also
So we’d consider trading him,
but only if someone overpays
Bc we see how good he can be, & just need to get rid of our dead weight so we can build up the team around him (and our other young talent)

You're right, maybe I was a little hard on Risto. I do like big physical dmen. I have seen him make some sketchy plays on both ends, but I just watched his highlights to refresh my memory and I can't lie, he has made some impressive plays offensively. I think the plus / minus still has got to carry some weight on his value, but anyhow, I'd probably send Cally, 1st, Masin/Thomas, & Ingram/Domingue for Risto
Mar. 16, 2019 at 4:27 a.m.
You're right, maybe I was a little hard on Risto. I do like big physical dmen. I have seen him make some sketchy plays on both ends, but I just watched his highlights to refresh my memory and I can't lie, he has made some impressive plays offensively. I think the plus / minus still has got to carry some weight on his value, but anyhow, I'd probably send Cally, 1st, Masin/Thomas, & Ingram/Domingue for Risto

+/- is really a team stat
That number doesn’t reflect on Risto’s play-
it reflects on how terrible we’ve been as a team

He’d be a stud on a good team like Tampa,
I have no doubt
Mar. 16, 2019 at 10:33 p.m.
KUUUCH
+/- is really a team stat
That number doesn’t reflect on Risto’s play-
it reflects on how terrible we’ve been as a team

He’d be a stud on a good team like Tampa,
I have no doubt

It is a team stat but the rest of his teammates put up far worse +/- stats. But I do agree he's still got potential and a change of team could make a big impact for him.
Jdfitz77 liked this.
Mar. 18, 2019 at 5:11 p.m.
Nice chatting with ya
Good luck in the playoffs
I’d like to see SJ win it, bc idk if Jumbo Joe will get another good chance
But i wouldn’t mind at all if Tampa did

All I’ve got to cheer for the Sabres at this point is some Lottery luck ???
KUUUCH liked this.
Mar. 18, 2019 at 11:50 p.m.
KUUUCH
Nice chatting with ya
Good luck in the playoffs
I’d like to see SJ win it, bc idk if Jumbo Joe will get another good chance
But i wouldn’t mind at all if Tampa did

All I’ve got to cheer for the Sabres at this point is some Lottery luck ???

If not Tampa, I'd also pick SJ. Joe's gotta get 1, I just don't know if the Shark's goalie tandem is gonna be enough, they both had a rough season (especially since their team is doing this good).
But nice chatting with you, best of luck winning the lottery! Always a chance!
Jdfitz77 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll