Forums/Armchair-GM

Hawks possible roster

Created by: bigmikewall
Team: 2019-20 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: May 7, 2019
Published: May 7, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
The Pysyk trade is a short term cap dump that allows the hawks to transition any defensive needs.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$1,000,000
1$1,000,000
1$1,200,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$2,250,000
4$4,250,000
2$1,650,000
Trades
CHI
  1. Pysyk, Mark
  2. 2019 6th round pick (FLA)
FLA
  1. Anisimov, Artem
  2. 2019 4th round pick (BOS)
  3. 2020 3rd round pick (CHI)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$62,413,461$0$5,782,500$21,086,539
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$2,475,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$4,250,000$4,250,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 2
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LW, RW
UFA - 6
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 2
$1,650,000$1,650,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$2,733,333$2,733,333
RD
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RD
RFA - 2
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 7, 2019 at 4:35 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
I like this, there's still money left for Strome and DeBrincat
bigmikewall liked this.
May 7, 2019 at 5:10 p.m.
Why would we do this? You basically are paying a lot for a 1 year rental. Anisimov is not a cap dump; he has value and certainly with Coach Q in Florida. He's a 3rd round pick all day so essentially you are giving up (2) 3rd round picks and a 4th rounder for a 1 year rental of Pysyk; especially when he is useless to the Hawks next year with Boqvist and Mitchell being ready on the right? This makes no sense.

What also makes no sense is Seabs on the 1st line; that's horrible no other way to say it. Jokiharju or Gus should be on the 1st line with Keith and Seabs on the 3rd line. Also, Caggs is not a 1st liner...on 25 teams in the NHL he is nothing more then a 3rd or 4th liner. Dzingel or Saad are much better options up there. Kahun is not getting benched and Kampf isn't bad but he's really a 4C. If you move Anisimov, you need to find a 3C and there are options like trading for Haula in Vegas.
May 7, 2019 at 6:44 p.m.
bigmikewall
First off, a member of the Hawks Player Development has stated that there is a good chance Boqvist will not play as much in the NHL next year (around 20 games) depending on play. My source is the Blackhawk Talk Podcast on Spotify, literally look it up. Mitchell is in the NCAA for another season and possibly his senior year. Anisimov is on a down year and getting older his value is not the same as it was a year ago, plus with the amount of centre depth in the NHL you'll be lucky to find a team that needs him, Panthers don't need him but would be happy to have him for the right price, you forget Dale Tallon is the GM of the panthers not some idiot. Caggs is a first liner because that's the line he played on for a part of the season, they can move pieces around dude. I am not the goddamn GM or the coach, the lines can move based on the preferences of Colliton. THIS IS JUST A POSSIBLE ROSTER WITH POSSIBLE PAIRINGS BUD. Kahun isn't that good can play 3rd or 4th line duties that's it, bottom 6 at full potential. Oh I also signed Tyler Ennis who can play the third line once he has integrated into the system.
May 7, 2019 at 6:46 p.m.
bigmikewall
Quoting: SevenLeg
I like this, there's still money left for Strome and DeBrincat

Exactly what I was going for, get some nice pieces, keep it simple, but save it for those two next year and some of the defenseman in the future
SevenLeg liked this.
May 7, 2019 at 8:53 p.m.
Edited May 7, 2019 at 9:03 p.m.
Quoting: bigmikewall
First off, a member of the Hawks Player Development has stated that there is a good chance Boqvist will not play as much in the NHL next year (around 20 games) depending on play. My source is the Blackhawk Talk Podcast on Spotify, literally look it up. Mitchell is in the NCAA for another season and possibly his senior year. Anisimov is on a down year and getting older his value is not the same as it was a year ago, plus with the amount of centre depth in the NHL you'll be lucky to find a team that needs him, Panthers don't need him but would be happy to have him for the right price, you forget Dale Tallon is the GM of the panthers not some idiot. Caggs is a first liner because that's the line he played on for a part of the season, they can move pieces around dude. I am not the goddamn GM or the coach, the lines can move based on the preferences of Colliton. THIS IS JUST A POSSIBLE ROSTER WITH POSSIBLE PAIRINGS BUD. Kahun isn't that good can play 3rd or 4th line duties that's it, bottom 6 at full potential. Oh I also signed Tyler Ennis who can play the third line once he has integrated into the system.

When you reply, hit the blue button "quote" so we know who you're replying to and that person gets a notification they received a reply. Second, relax...writing in caps and using "dude" and "bud" cynically and stating you're not the "goddamn GM or coach" isn't going to fly well around here; these aren't yahoo news forums where people pick fights. When you post on here, you are going to get constructive criticism but it's all in good spirit because we love hockey, it's not personal so don't take it as such.

Kahun was a rookie who played his first game on North American ice in a Hawks sweater. He did admirably well being a rookie on a different sheet. There's a pretty good reason he was able to stay in the lineup more then Perlini or Sikura as an example; because he's better then both guys. 100% true that Boqvist and Mitchell aren't playing next season but they will the following season so trading Anisimov plus a 3rd and 4th to get a guy you'll only use 1 year is somewhat foolish, unless this is a cup team which clearly it's not...I'd argue it's a first round exit team. Anisimov is worth a 3rd round pick and there are teams that need an experienced big body 3C/3LW who puts up 15+ goals for the 2 years left on his contract; Florida is one and Buffalo is another off of the top of my head. CBJ may be another given the exodus of players. Trading him plus picks for a guy that we throw away in a year just doesn't make sense when we should be getting assets back towards the future. Caggs filled a void because we didn't have a lot of options. Sikura, Perlini and Kahun all also played that role on the 1st line. What does that tell you; Hawks don't have anyone that should be playing the 1LW which is their biggest hole IMO on the current roster given the young D prospects that are only a year away. Like I said, on 25+ teams, Caggs would be a 3rd or 4th liner; only on the Hawks would be a 1st liner. That said, I like him a lot as a player just swap him with Dzingel. As for podcasts, I listen to a couple of the Hawks ones; Pat Boyle's comments I take with a grain of salt...I like the guy and he's a great moderator but his ideas are off the wall to stimulate discussion and a lot just make zero sense.
Petrock83 and BankersBox liked this.
May 8, 2019 at 11:04 a.m.
No Ryan Dzingel, go look at his stats comparing his time with Ottawa to Columbus. Ottawa by default based on their roster he played top 6, top 6 = more ice time and more scoring opportunities. When he went to Columbus and slotted correctly he wasn't the same player.
May 8, 2019 at 9:44 p.m.
bigmikewall
Quoting: ChiHawk
When you reply, hit the blue button "quote" so we know who you're replying to and that person gets a notification they received a reply. Second, relax...writing in caps and using "dude" and "bud" cynically and stating you're not the "goddamn GM or coach" isn't going to fly well around here; these aren't yahoo news forums where people pick fights. When you post on here, you are going to get constructive criticism but it's all in good spirit because we love hockey, it's not personal so don't take it as such.

Kahun was a rookie who played his first game on North American ice in a Hawks sweater. He did admirably well being a rookie on a different sheet. There's a pretty good reason he was able to stay in the lineup more then Perlini or Sikura as an example; because he's better then both guys. 100% true that Boqvist and Mitchell aren't playing next season but they will the following season so trading Anisimov plus a 3rd and 4th to get a guy you'll only use 1 year is somewhat foolish, unless this is a cup team which clearly it's not...I'd argue it's a first round exit team. Anisimov is worth a 3rd round pick and there are teams that need an experienced big body 3C/3LW who puts up 15+ goals for the 2 years left on his contract; Florida is one and Buffalo is another off of the top of my head. CBJ may be another given the exodus of players. Trading him plus picks for a guy that we throw away in a year just doesn't make sense when we should be getting assets back towards the future. Caggs filled a void because we didn't have a lot of options. Sikura, Perlini and Kahun all also played that role on the 1st line. What does that tell you; Hawks don't have anyone that should be playing the 1LW which is their biggest hole IMO on the current roster given the young D prospects that are only a year away. Like I said, on 25+ teams, Caggs would be a 3rd or 4th liner; only on the Hawks would be a 1st liner. That said, I like him a lot as a player just swap him with Dzingel. As for podcasts, I listen to a couple of the Hawks ones; Pat Boyle's comments I take with a grain of salt...I like the guy and he's a great moderator but his ideas are off the wall to stimulate discussion and a lot just make zero sense.

k bro dudeski

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll