NMC
UFA - 8
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$6,250,000$6,250,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$795,000$795,000 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, RW
RFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$811,667$811,667
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 5
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$850,000$850,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$3,125,000$3,125,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$3,250,000$3,250,000
RW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$2,200,000$2,200,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$2,400,000$2,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$5,800,000$5,800,000
LD
UFA - 6
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$4,250,000$4,250,000
RD
UFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$4,916,667$4,916,667
G
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$2,137,500$2,137,500
LD/RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$2,500,000$2,500,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$850,000$850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$2,350,000$2,350,000
RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 20, 2019 at 8:27 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: Random2152
They are advanced numbers. They are difficult to read on their own, and this is regularized adjusted plus minus (RAPM), which takes the already hard to understand numbers and throws them off a cliff and asks you to read the fine print written on them to understand them (If you don't fully understand what they are showing that is).

The chart says Lindell took lower % shots than his team did when he was on the ice vs off, and that he scored on a higher % of those shots than would be expected, but a lesser amount than his team would have done had Lindell been off the ice. That is a summation of the first two columns.

The off_Corsi column says that Lindell's team had more possession when Lindell was off the ice than on (ie his team was in the other teams end more without Lindell on the ice).
The argument I know you are about to make is that he is a DFD and that ofc he would be in his own end more. That is not what is being measured. The stat is measured in a way that it shows possession of the puck, and so it means that Lindell cannot get the puck out of his end and into the pother teams end as well as his team mates when Lindell is off the ice.

the DF_xGF column says that when Lindell was on the ice, his team allowed the other team to shoot from higher % areas (more dangerous areas) then when he was off the ice, but only by a bit more than his team would have allowed without him (this effectively shows how well a guy can keep opposition to the outside).

The DF_Corsi column shows that when Lindell was on the ice, the other team had the puck more and was in Dallas' end. It is the other side of column 3 essentially.
It means he was stuck in his own end worse than had he not been on the ice.

Regularized Adjusted Plus Minus (RAPM) means the following:
Regularized: A players performance on the ice...
Plus-Minus: ...vs his team when the player is off the ice
Adjusted: This accouints for things such as zone starts and quality of competition and quality of team mates (tl;dr: The chart is saying that Klingberg did all the heavy lifting)

Fair enough. Actually the fact that Stars uses Lindell in every single defensive situation and he plays 25-30 minutes a night explains some of those statistics. And since DAL is not exactly an offensive team and live by mostly counterattacking, those numbers get inflated quickly.
C_M_O_R liked this.
depression
The charts, which are why I posted them, show that Lindell was being made to look good by Klingberg, which is why the contract will look very, very bad.
The whole point of the chart is to prove that your eyes are lying to you.

You missed the point when I said you should watch Stars games. Charts do not always tell the whole story. Those same charts tells me that Honka is very good yet the organization lost all trust in him. End of story
justaBoss liked this.
Just Keep Swimming
Dammit CF, mispost.
May 20, 2019 at 8:34 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: BurgerBoss
Fair enough. Actually the fact that Stars uses Lindell in every single defensive situation and he plays 25-30 minutes a night explains some of those statistics. And since DAL is not exactly an offensive team and live by mostly counterattacking, those numbers get inflated quickly.

If Lindell were part of that counter attack and were helping in that regard, his chart would look something like this:
D7DQC5lW4AEC593.png
It is why Zaitsev's chart looked like:
D5M1i3jU8AE5boz.png
... in his good year. He WAS actually contributing, but Rielly was doing all the heavy lifting (so Z was a passenger on the pair).

Quoting: Matthew7
You missed the point when I said you should watch Stars games. Charts do not always tell the whole story. Those same charts tells me that Honka is very good yet the organization lost all trust in him. End of story

Please refer to the following. It explains why you fundamentally do not understand what you are looking at. Also, Dallas is one of the teams who are known to not use underlying metrics: If they gave up on him, there is a decent chance they were wrong.

They are advanced numbers. They are difficult to read on their own, and this is regularized adjusted plus minus (RAPM), which takes the already hard to understand numbers and throws them off a cliff and asks you to read the fine print written on them to understand them (If you don't fully understand what they are showing that is).

The chart says Lindell took lower % shots than his team did when he was on the ice vs off, and that he scored on a higher % of those shots than would be expected, but a lesser amount than his team would have done had Lindell been off the ice. That is a summation of the first two columns.

The off_Corsi column says that Lindell's team had more possession when Lindell was off the ice than on (ie his team was in the other teams end more without Lindell on the ice).
The argument I know you are about to make is that he is a DFD and that ofc he would be in his own end more. That is not what is being measured. The stat is measured in a way that it shows possession of the puck, and so it means that Lindell cannot get the puck out of his end and into the other teams end as well as his team mates when Lindell is off the ice (aka without Klingberg doing it for him).

the DF_xGF column says that when Lindell was on the ice, his team allowed the other team to shoot from higher % areas (more dangerous areas) then when he was off the ice, but only by a bit more than his team would have allowed without him (this effectively shows how well a guy can keep opposition to the outside).

The DF_Corsi column shows that when Lindell was on the ice, the other team had the puck more and was in Dallas' end. It is the other side of column 3 essentially.
It means he was stuck in his own end worse than had he not been on the ice.

Regularized Adjusted Plus Minus (RAPM) means the following:
Regularized: A players performance on the ice...
Plus-Minus: ...vs his team when the player is off the ice
Adjusted: This accouints for things such as zone starts and quality of competition and quality of team mates (tl;dr: The chart is saying that Klingberg did all the heavy lifting)

On an aside, I always find it funny that those who comment saying the charts are bogus have little to no understanding of them. Literally every single time the commenter says something that easily exposes this. For example:

As I just explained, that is not what the chart says
May 20, 2019 at 8:38 p.m.
What in tarnation
If Lindell were part of that counter attack and were helping in that regard, his chart would look something like this

Actually it was quite regular from DAL to swap Lindell and Heiskanen back and forth depending on which end of the ice the face-off was. That explains some of it, too. Heiskanen and Polak were used as a pair in the line-ups, but they didn't play together that often pretty much at all.
May 20, 2019 at 8:40 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Actually it was quite regular from DAL to swap Lindell and Heiskanen back and forth depending on which end of the ice the face-off was. That explains some of it, too. Heiskanen and Polak were used as a pair in the line-ups, but they didn't play together that often pretty much at all.

Zone start doesn't factor into the numbers in the way you are thinking they do. The numbers say that Lindell CANT get out of his end (Klingberg is REALLY good and does that for him, and makes Lindell look good, take Klinger away and he would look like Zaitsev trying to breakout).
May 20, 2019 at 8:42 p.m.
depression
If Lindell were part of that counter attack and were helping in that regard, his chart would look something like this:
D7DQC5lW4AEC593.png
It is why Zaitsev's chart looked like:
D5M1i3jU8AE5boz.png
... in his good year. He WAS actually contributing, but Rielly was doing all the heavy lifting (so Z was a passenger on the pair).

You do you I guess. But you still have to watch the games to see him play. So with that being said I do not trust advanced analytics that much and that is that. You will see why Lindell is worth the money when next season rolls around

Please refer to the following. It explains why you fundamentally do not understand what you are looking at. Also, Dallas is one of the teams who are known to not use underlying metrics: If they gave up on him, there is a decent chance they were wrong.
May 20, 2019 at 8:50 p.m.
True Reverse Retro
High-ish pick is not the issue. As you stated, Nutivaara and Heiskanen could form a dominating pair, and with Nutivaara's contract, he's like a dream pick for Seattle. It's worth for Seattle to take Nutivaara over a roster player and a first round pick at that point, which is something I worry about...

Then you protect all 4 of them with Benn, Seguin, Radulov, & Hintz. Let Seattle pick between Gurianov & Faksa, both of who are far easier to replace with guys like Robertson, Felhaber, & Dellandrea.
May 20, 2019 at 8:55 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: Heiskanen4Vezina
Then you protect all 4 of them with Benn, Seguin, Radulov, & Hintz. Let Seattle pick between Gurianov & Faksa, both of who are far easier to replace with guys like Robertson, Felhaber, & Dellandrea.

Is Felhaber any good? Haven't heard anything about him...
May 20, 2019 at 9:09 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: Matthew7

So with that being said I do not trust advanced analytics that much and that is that.

This is the equivalent of saying that I don't trust goal totals or Assists. Underlying metrics, rather than counting results, count good play.

As an example, a player starts in his own end and rushes with the puck. He enters the Ozone and does a loop of the offensive zone looking for a good play. He then passes the puck to the Dman, who goes D-to-D, who then takes a shot which is tipped in by the guy in front.

I'd just like to add that I literally described William Nylander here

The player who did all the work gets no recognition for the play using 'normal' stats, but the advanced stats would be lighting up like a Christmas tree across the board (corsi, zone entries and exits etc).

What people who don't understand adv stats dont realize, is that adv stats are the numerical compilation OF the eye test. I just want to say that one more time: They ARE the eye test, but crudely put into numbers. That is not to say you should only go based on the numbers, but to discount them entirely is to discount the thousands of things that happen on the ice every second that a person cant see because they only have two eyes. Its beyond stupid and regressive and ultimately hurtful to your own cause.
May 20, 2019 at 9:14 p.m.
Puck you, puck ur wi
Why does Dallas trade their first for their 3rd?
May 20, 2019 at 9:22 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: DONTGIVEAPUCK13
Why does Dallas trade their first for their 3rd?

It's a conditional pick. NYR receives DAL 1st if they re-sign Zuccarello.
May 20, 2019 at 9:30 p.m.
True Reverse Retro
Is Felhaber any good? Haven't heard anything about him...

59 goals & 50 assists in the OHL this season (68 games played) as an over-ager. After Robertson, he’s the most dynamic scorer the Stars have in their prospect pool.
justaBoss liked this.
May 21, 2019 at 7:00 p.m.
My Balls Itch
dallas does not do this

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll