$4,333,333$4,333,333
C
UFA - 3
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$4,925,000$4,925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C
UFA - 7
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 5
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
C, RW
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW
UFA - 3
$1,925,000$1,925,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
C
RFA - 3
$1,925,000$1,925,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,925,000$5,925,000
LD
UFA - 6
$3,555,000$3,555,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$730,833$730,833 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
G
RFA - 2
$678,889$678,889
RD
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,150,000$1,150,000
LD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD, LW
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 7, 2019 at 8:17 a.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
I like this deal but I want to ask.. would you change Sandstrom and Strome for St. Ivany and Laberge?
Hammerwise liked this.
Jun. 7, 2019 at 8:23 a.m.
Pmwalker
Philly doesn’t want Zatisev. Our own version is a year away from disappearing. If we’re after a defender it’s a top pairing RD like Trouba or Spurgeon not Zatisev.

Gudas retained plus a pick for Kapanen would be my offer.
Hammerwise and MGabes19 liked this.
Jun. 7, 2019 at 9:24 a.m.
Quoting: Pmwalker
Philly doesn’t want Zatisev. Our own version is a year away from disappearing. If we’re after a defender it’s a top pairing RD like Trouba or Spurgeon not Zatisev.

Gudas retained plus a pick for Kapanen would be my offer.

And Dubas would laugh and hang up the phone. You just ran down Gudas (assuming that is your version of Zaitsev), then you expect leafs to accept him for Kapanen because of some salary rentention?
Hammerwise liked this.
Jun. 7, 2019 at 9:28 a.m.
Pmwalker
Quoting: aelliott10
And Dubas would laugh and hang up the phone. You just ran down Gudas (assuming that is your version of Zaitsev), then you expect leafs to accept him for Kapanen because of some salary rentention?

MacDonald is own own version. Please follow along or refrain from commenting. Thank you.
Jun. 7, 2019 at 9:35 a.m.
MacDonald is own own version. Please follow along or refrain from commenting. Thank you.

I thought it might of been, Zaitsev seems to have a lot more value than MacDonald according to rumours. Either way, your trade proposal is hilarious. Please refrain from proposals of 5-6 D for young RFA wingers with top 6 potential because they shoot right. Thank you.
Jun. 7, 2019 at 9:36 a.m.

Silly Leaves fan. Our version of Zaitsev is not Gudas. It is Andrew McDonald (aka Mr. Lead Anchor). There are UFA dmen out there who are better than Zaitsev and can likely be signed for less dollars AND less term than Zaitsev. If you can find an absolute moron GM to give up value for Zaitsev good for you. But it sure as hell better not be Fletcher.
Pmwalker liked this.
Jun. 7, 2019 at 9:39 a.m.
Pmwalker
I thought it might of been, Zaitsev seems to have a lot more value than MacDonald according to rumours. Either way, your trade proposal is hilarious. Please refrain from proposals of 5-6 D for young RFA wingers with top 6 potential because they shoot right. Thank you.

Gudas is a 4/5 according to stats. Closer to a 4 actually.

Kapanen is a middle six winger at most. 54 points in 130 something games hardly screams top 6 potential
Hammerwise liked this.
Jun. 7, 2019 at 9:40 a.m.
I know pmwalker and I disagree on the value of Zaitsev, who I think is a solid number 4 RH dman. But even most TOR fans are willing to trade him in their proposals for a 4th or a 5th rounder.

Gudas is a solid third pairing guy, that TOR defense definitely needs. Strong, physical vet who can play PK and bang bodies.

Zaitsev is, IMO, worth Gudas straight up. Kapanen more than makes up the difference, (and any leaf fans that think he’ll re-sign for less than 3.5mil AND that he won’t get offer sheeted are fooling themselves).

The Leafs get at least 5mil in cap space, a solid, physical defender without a long term salary and three good prospects, whereas the flyers get some needed speed on the wing and hopefully a solid top defender, (IMO, pmwalker).

The leaf fans can think that Marleau will be an easy move even for nothing: (considering his age, salary, his “heart”, and the teams (who already have bad contracts and old guys and aren’t “that close” that Marleau in his swan song will help) he’ll waive his NMC to), they’re kidding themselves. They need cap space and need something on the defense. This helps with both those while retaining their key pieces and not reliant on a hopeful trade of marleau.
Jun. 7, 2019 at 9:42 a.m.
Ralph
I realllllly don't want the Flyers to pursue Zaitsev, but that's probably a fair price. I like baby Kap, but I don't want Alain to be tempted with weighing down Provy with Zaitsev lol. Also, I VERY much disagree that Gudas is worth Zaitsev straight up. Gudas was Flyer's best d-man last season and has great underlying numbers (besides missing the damn net all the time hahaha). Zaitsev seems like AMac 2.0 to me, and that was the arguably the second worst contract the Flyers have ever given out, with the Bryz contract obviously being worst
Hammerwise liked this.
Jun. 7, 2019 at 9:43 a.m.
Quoting: SammyT_51
I like this deal but I want to ask.. would you change Sandstrom and Strome for St. Ivany and Laberge?

Yes, although Sandstrom is probably the best prospect of those four and strome maybe, just maybe the second best.
Jun. 7, 2019 at 9:44 a.m.
Pmwalker
Quoting: Hammerwise
I know pmwalker and I disagree on the value of Zaitsev, who I think is a solid number 4 RH dman. But even most TOR fans are willing to trade him in their proposals for a 4th or a 5th rounder.

Gudas is a solid third pairing guy, that TOR defense definitely needs. Strong, physical vet who can play PK and bang bodies.

Zaitsev is, IMO, worth Gudas straight up. Kapanen more than makes up the difference, (and any leaf fans that think he’ll re-sign for less than 3.5mil AND that he won’t get offer sheeted are fooling themselves).

The Leafs get at least 5mil in cap space, a solid, physical defender without a long term salary and three good prospects, whereas the flyers get some needed speed on the wing and hopefully a solid top defender, (IMO, pmwalker).

The leaf fans can think that Marleau will be an easy move even for nothing: (considering his age, salary, his “heart”, and the teams (who already have bad contracts and old guys and aren’t “that close” that Marleau in his swan song will help) he’ll waive his NMC to), they’re kidding themselves. They need cap space and need something on the defense. This helps with both those while retaining their key pieces and not reliant on a hopeful trade of marleau.

If Zatisev is in our top 4 next years we have regressed and Fletcher should be shown the door. Only additions I’d consider to our defense are Trouba, Spurgeon or perhaps Strålman if we can’t swing a trade for the previous 2.
Hammerwise and fly_iggles_fly liked this.
Jun. 7, 2019 at 9:46 a.m.

As I said above, I think the leafs have to give Kapanen 4mil+ to retain him or he'll be offersheeted for only a 2nd rounder. Also, I think the leafs need a lot of help on the blueline, and you don't get anything for free. Flyers have a lot of prospects and dmen, Toronto has a lot of forwards.

Leafs cant really take salary back in exchange, so its picks and prospects. Kapanen as mentioned has not shown to be a top 6 forward, and most leaf fans place little value in zaitsev, so I think this deal is fair and works out for what bpoth teams need the most.
Jun. 7, 2019 at 9:49 a.m.
If Zatisev is in our top 4 next years we have regressed and Fletcher should be shown the door. Only additions I’d consider to our defense are Trouba, Spurgeon or perhaps Strålman if we can’t swing a trade for the previous 2.

I don't disagree, those 3 would be better options, but each comes with a significant drawback:
Trouba: Price and salary
Spirgeon: coming off career year and a soon UFA
Strahlman: age and cost.

To me, getting kapanen addresses speed among forwards and zaitsev goes to #4 dman with Ghost, hopefully solidifying provo-sanheim, ghost-zaitsev, myers-hagg-morin
Jun. 7, 2019 at 9:51 a.m.

Gudas and Zaitsev are somewhat similar players. (I think you may be overrating Gudas' PK abilities though). The problem with Zaitsev is the contract. Gudas makes less money, and will probably get even less dollars in his next contract (1 yr left on current deal). The last thing the Flyers should be doing is bringing in an overpaid, overtermed (made up a word, LOL) 3rd pair guy when we have so many young dmen in our pipeline. It would just be stupid, plain and simple.
Hammerwise and CaptainTavares liked this.
Jun. 7, 2019 at 9:51 a.m.
Pmwalker
I don't disagree, those 3 would be better options, but each comes with a significant drawback:
Trouba: Price and salary
Spirgeon: coming off career year and a soon UFA
Strahlman: age and cost.

To me, getting kapanen addresses speed among forwards and zaitsev goes to #4 dman with Ghost, hopefully solidifying provo-sanheim, ghost-zaitsev, myers-hagg-morin

Provorov/?
Sanheim /Myers
Morin/Ghost

Gudas traded
MacDonald buried
Hagg traded

That’s what I’d like to see.
Hammerwise liked this.
Jun. 7, 2019 at 9:54 a.m.

I'll give a BIG YES to Stralman. I think he'd be a very good addition to help solidify and give a veteran defensive presence to our d corps.
Pmwalker and Hammerwise liked this.
Jun. 7, 2019 at 9:55 a.m.
Provorov/?
Sanheim /Myers
Morin/Ghost

Gudas traded
MacDonald buried
Hagg traded

That’s what I’d like to see.

I don't disagree, but until morin can show he can play, hagg cost very little and in 3rd pairing/pk time could be a keeper.

Until Sanheim/Myers can produce points, I still see Ghost as number 3.

Gudas has good value and MacDonald is finished. I see:

Provorov/?
Ghost/Sanheim
Hagg//Myers
Morin
Jun. 7, 2019 at 9:56 a.m.
Pmwalker
Quoting: fly_iggles_fly
I'll give a BIG YES to Stralman. I think he'd be a very good addition to help solidify and give a veteran defensive presence to our d corps.

Spurgeon is my top choice but I agree with your points. Strålman would benefit the group as a whole and paired with Provorov might help him return to form.
Hammerwise liked this.
Jun. 7, 2019 at 9:57 a.m.
As I said above, I think the leafs have to give Kapanen 4mil+ to retain him or he'll be offersheeted for only a 2nd rounder. Also, I think the leafs need a lot of help on the blueline, and you don't get anything for free. Flyers have a lot of prospects and dmen, Toronto has a lot of forwards.

Leafs cant really take salary back in exchange, so its picks and prospects. Kapanen as mentioned has not shown to be a top 6 forward, and most leaf fans place little value in zaitsev, so I think this deal is fair and works out for what bpoth teams need the most.

Kapanen really only got a chance to play off the fourth line last year, and his offence was up and down. Give him another year of playing top 6 before making any assessment. Its funny how people on this site de-value leaf players like Kapanen, but to re-sign them everyone insists they need to overpay. 4+ million for Kapanen maybe on a long term deal, but leafs will be looking to settle on a bridge contract for now considering their cap situation. If not then their hand may be forced to trade them I agree, or let them sit out (this failed with Nylander).

Leafs definitely need a lot of help on the blue line, but they are not in the business of overpaying for it, especially for Gudas, who is a 5-6 D man, overvalued on this site because he shoots right.

Zaitsev will hold more value with other teams, he certainly seems to be more than a cap dump (which I thought it would be) if you follow the rumours. Maybe get a pick for him from another team, and not have to attach a premium asset to him.

Better D can be pursued by dangling Kadri and or picks/prospects.
Jun. 7, 2019 at 9:58 a.m.
Pmwalker
I don't disagree, but until morin can show he can play, hagg cost very little and in 3rd pairing/pk time could be a keeper.

Until Sanheim/Myers can produce points, I still see Ghost as number 3.

Gudas has good value and MacDonald is finished. I see:

Provorov/?
Ghost/Sanheim
Hagg//Myers
Morin

I wouldn’t pair Ghost with Sanheim. I want a good passer on all pairings to run AVs system. They need to be split to accomplish that.
Hammerwise liked this.
Jun. 7, 2019 at 10:02 a.m.
Pmwalker
Its funny how people on this site de-value leaf players like Kapanen..........really. Or could it be a lot of Leafs fans overvalue their players and expect to much in return. Case in point Kapanen and Zatisev for Pesce.
Hammerwise liked this.
Jun. 7, 2019 at 10:06 a.m.
Its funny how people on this site de-value leaf players like Kapanen..........really. Or could it be a lot of Leafs fans overvalue their players and expect to much in return. Case in point Kapanen and Zatisev for Pesce.

Yes really, it's seen on a lot of posts. Attaching kapanen to cap dumps, etc.

I have never proposed Kapanen and Zaitsev for Pesce, so don't put me in that group. Carolina has zero need for Zaitsev or any RHD so that trade doesn't make any sense.
Hammerwise liked this.
Jun. 7, 2019 at 10:21 a.m.
Pmwalker

I have never proposed Kapanen and Zaitsev for Pesce, so don't put me in that group. Carolina has zero need for Zaitsev or any RHD so that trade doesn't make any sense.

I meant a lot of Leafs fans not all....my apologies. There’s a few that are rational and worthy of a conversation
Jun. 7, 2019 at 10:26 a.m.
Pmwalker

Agreed if Carolina moves a RD if will be for a forward not another defender. I should think Faulk is the one they’d most like to move.
Jun. 7, 2019 at 10:30 a.m.
I like Kapanen, mainly because of Sami, but hes really not going to get top 6 time without the leafs moving another forward from there.

Gudas and Zaitsev are extremely similar, and gudas is the better contract and Zaitsev wants out, so he has to be moved.

And Toronto does has a long history of overPaying for defensemen: leetch, finger, mccabe, etc… (and physical players: Hollweg, Mayers, etc...). I don’t see Zaitsev for gudas as overpayment, I think its fairly even with a slight edge going to PHI.

Again Kapanen could be a top 6 guy, but he isn’t yet, he got a lot of points playing while nylander was sitting out. Kapanen will get upwards of 4mil or more or be poached.

In my scenario:

Gudas = Zaitsev: slightly favors PHI but contract and request for trade and Gudas more physical style of play evens it up almost.
Kapanen = high 2nd rounder, good goalie prospect Sandstrom and mid level/big bodied forward prospect Strome (much better than running the risk of an offer sheet for below 4.27mil, and doesn't rely on a plethora of other deals working for TOR)
I think its a solid, physical dman and three prospects and almost 5mil in cap space for a defenseman who wants out of TOR (that alot of TOR fans are offering for a 4th or 5th right now) and a promising youngster.

Is this exactly even? No. But it fits both teams needs and is close. Does it make TOR better than last year? No, but it does enable them to make the bigger salary moves they need to.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll