SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Did Binnington Get Robbed?

Jun. 13, 2019 at 12:56 p.m.
One thing I will never bet on is the Conn Smythe trophy. I dont think Ive ever picked a winner correctly. RoR had a great final, I maybe wouldve had him second, but Binnington was lights out. Even in last night's game, they don't win is Binnington does stand on his head.

Did he get robbed
Jun. 13, 2019 at 1:33 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Rangsey
One thing I will never bet on is the Conn Smythe trophy. I dont think Ive ever picked a winner correctly. RoR had a great final, I maybe wouldve had him second, but Binnington was lights out. Even in last night's game, they don't win is Binnington does stand on his head.

Did he get robbed

I would've gone with ROR.
Brian2016 liked this.
Jun. 13, 2019 at 11:28 p.m.

Did he get robbed

No. O'Reilly was always the front-runner on the Blues and he deserved the award as well.
Jun. 14, 2019 at 1:46 a.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I would've gone with ROR.

I did pick O'Reilly if STL won. He was incredible defensively and in the face-off circle. He was their best all around player throughout the 4 rounds. Binnington was very solid and consistent throughout the playoffs, but his save % was just .914. Definitely good, but not outstanding. Rask was the better Goalie and I think they made the right choice by giving R.O.R. the prize.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Jun. 14, 2019 at 4:09 a.m.

Did he get robbed

I think a lot of fans were confused/disappointed when Sid won the Conn Smythe in '16. Both Kessel and Murray had incredible playoff runs that year, and Kessel in particular had better offensive numbers that Sid. I think the 200' game plays into the equation. As does leadership. Sid had the edge in both categories. Same as in 2017. Malkin was the best offensive player yet Sid won again. R.O.R. was essentially the Sidney Crosby of 2019. Not as prolific offensively, but better defensively and a terrific leader and clutch player. He def. deserved it.
Rangsey liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll