23$83,000,000$59,410,833$0$1,037,500$23,589,167

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Islanders
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
C, RW
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 5
$4,250,000$4,250,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 6
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW, C
UFA - 5
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,350,000$3,350,000
C
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW, LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LD
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$3,333,333$3,333,333
G
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RD
RFA - 3
$770,000$770,000 (Performance Bonus$100,000$100K)
LD
UFA - 1
$1,450,000$1,450,000
RD
UFA - 4
$3,000,000$3,000,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW
UFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 18, 2019 at 6:42 p.m.
Billy739
Quoting: trickydick55
when you're to old dumb and stubborn to acknowledge the league has shifted in favor of offensive puck moving defensemen, rather than the traditional architype of big slow Defensive Dmen. said how the old become senile it really is

ofcourse the leagues changed , you're trying to put words in my mouth to save face because i called you out on slandering instead of talking hockey in context.
you're insisting just because Offensive D get recognition the Defensive D have become worthless and that's not true as they're the ones 8/10 playing 22-27 minutes of ice Time to the offensive D's 19-21 minutes .
Slander away friend as always ill be here talking in context about hockey
Jun. 18, 2019 at 6:44 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Quoting: Billy739
show me the last time a guy with Leddy's history pulled in that return
or be quiet and show everyone you got nothing Hockey related to say

Prejudice is never welcome

Lmao y did u geet so triggered chill
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jun. 18, 2019 at 6:45 p.m.
Brock On Dudes
im using actual facts with sources ill share

how about you put up or shut up .
talk hockey or bite your tongue cause i dont give a **** about your personal opinions on me

Bettman era fans are the worst because your not offering facts or insight just cheap shots

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/l/leddyni01.html

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/h/hamontr01.html

Actually you’re the one who started the “cheap shots”. And judging by your link, Travis hamonic who only played 49 games and barely averaged 20 minutes who was under control got a 1st and 2 2nds at 26 years old. Nick Leddy who played 82 games, has good puck possession and pretty consistently puts up 40 points who is also under control and averaged over 21:30 minutes Isn’t even worth a 1st? How does that make sense
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jun. 18, 2019 at 6:47 p.m.
Billy739
Quoting: klondikebar
Lmao y did u geet so triggered chill

i defended my point of view while someone went outside the context of a friendly debate to talking prejudice and slander

i was raised Canadian with the expectation that you defend your POV in Context on topic .
while you americans get triggered and veer off topic i lock in like a pitbull onto the original subject .

letting people slander you and then talk down is something Canadians generally dont respond well to.
Jun. 18, 2019 at 7:03 p.m.
Billy739
Quoting: NYINick2
Actually you’re the one who started the “cheap shots”. And judging by your link, Travis hamonic who only played 49 games and barely averaged 20 minutes who was under control got a 1st and 2 2nds at 26 years old. Nick Leddy who played 82 games, has good puck possession and pretty consistently puts up 40 points who is also under control and averaged over 21:30 minutes Isn’t even worth a 1st? How does that make sense

easy Hamonic from his rookie year until his final year 7 seasaons in played 22-25 minutes on ice until his injury plagued seasons in which in 49 games he still managed to still average 20 minutes despite being in and out . CGY didnt blink twice because over his career since he was 20 years old he played as much as Players like Leddy in their Prime

i get you're reasonable and unlike the rest will look at the sources so i suggest doing more then skimming over then for less then the 2 minutes the sources were posted before you commented . if you did you'd have seen the game logs and hows Hamonic was in and out of the line up .

if Leddy averaged the ice time Hamonic did with the impact he had on and off the ice then sure but even PK Friggin Subban who's 10X the player Leddy is never got the yield you're suggesting
Jun. 18, 2019 at 7:06 p.m.
i defended my point of view while someone went outside the context of a friendly debate to talking prejudice and slander

i was raised Canadian with the expectation that you defend your POV in Context on topic .
while you americans get triggered and veer off topic i lock in like a pitbull onto the original subject .

letting people slander you and then talk down is something Canadians generally dont respond well to.

show me the last time a guy with Leddy's history pulled in that return
or be quiet and show everyone you got nothing Hockey related to say

Prejudice is never welcome

Guy on Capfriendly to other Isles fan on cap friendly: your trade is fine, MTL fans for some reason love to hate leddy, which is pretty damn true and exactly what you were saying when MTL is better off taking hickey atleast he's getting paid what he's worth

then you turn around and say what only a logical rational person can infer as a defensive angry comment, Be quiet and show everyone you know nothing about hockey. nothing more pathetic than ppl who try to talk sh it on the internet, and then turn around and play victim when ppl chirp back. be a man own your vitriol you clown
Big_Rock_Brock and OldNYIfan liked this.
Jun. 18, 2019 at 7:07 p.m.
Edited Jun. 18, 2019 at 7:17 p.m.
easy Hamonic from his rookie year until his final year 7 seasaons in played 22-25 minutes on ice until his injury plagued seasons in which in 49 games he still managed to still average 20 minutes despite being in and out . CGY didnt blink twice because over his career since he was 20 years old he played as much as Players like Leddy in their Prime

i get you're reasonable and unlike the rest will look at the sources so i suggest doing more then skimming over then for less then the 2 minutes the sources were posted before you commented . if you did you'd have seen the game logs and hows Hamonic was in and out of the line up .

if Leddy averaged the ice time Hamonic did with the impact he had on and off the ice then sure but even PK Friggin Subban who's 10X the player Leddy is never got the yield you're suggesting

PK was traded straight up for one of the best all around Defensemen in league... WTF are you talking about bro my god. the fact that you think GM's look at a guy and say: hmm he played 25 minutes. sh it he must be really good, IS FU CKING ASININE. that is not how any professional scouting department evaluates a player and their value to the team they work for, at all. no one is dropping major assets on Dustin Byfuglin because he plays 24 minutes a night. no one is dropping 1st round pick for Risto because he played a ton of minutes. dude, I don't know what to tell you other than your arrogance and clear lack of understanding of player valuation, is a terrible combination.
Big_Rock_Brock, Hosiz and OldNYIfan liked this.
Jun. 18, 2019 at 7:15 p.m.
Brock On Dudes

He was traded after 16-17, he averaged 25 minutes ONCE in 13-14. They knew he was injury prone, I am well aware he was in and out and that makes the return for Leddy even greater. Hamonic never played a full season and averaged roughly the same TOI as Leddy has in the past 4 seasons except he has played a full season pretty much every year since he became an everyday player. An injury prone controllable defensive defenseman who averages 20-23 minutes got a 1st and 2 2nds. So Leddy, who is never hurt, a controllable offensive defenseman who averages 21-22:45 minutes isn’t even worth a first... Why do you dislike Leddy so much??
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jun. 18, 2019 at 7:15 p.m.
Brock On Dudes

PK got traded for Shea Weber.. bro wtf are you talking about
Jun. 18, 2019 at 7:16 p.m.
Brock On Dudes
PK was traded straight up for one of the best all around Defensemen in league... WTF are you talking about bro my god.

I am baffled
Jun. 18, 2019 at 7:16 p.m.
Billy739
PK was traded straight up for one of the best all around Defensemen in league... WTF are you talking about bro my god.

whats sad is your prejudice knows no bounds

it has nothing to do with me being a MTL fans and everything to do with Support Junior so long i went to school with Brad Marchand , hung out With Corey Crawford , Golf with Jake Allen and his family as well as support those junior prospects all the way to the Pro's .

for you hockey is some internet forum you talk crap on and spread your prejudice to .
for me hockey is life and something i support in general regardless of it being NHL , Habs or any mainstream brand .

its why i can leave without having to try to speak for all habs or NYI fans like you're trying because if i did that when i see Brad in the summer he'd punch me in the nuts for being everything he hates about hockey .
Jun. 18, 2019 at 7:20 p.m.
Billy739
He was traded after 16-17, he averaged 25 minutes ONCE in 13-14. They knew he was injury prone, I am well aware he was in and out and that makes the return for Leddy even greater. Hamonic never played a full season and averaged roughly the same TOI as Leddy has in the past 4 seasons except he has played a full season pretty much every year since he became an everyday player. An injury prone controllable defensive defenseman who averages 20-23 minutes got a 1st and 2 2nds. So Leddy, who is never hurt, a controllable offensive defenseman who averages 21-22:45 minutes isn’t even worth a first... Why do you dislike Leddy so much??

again no

doing something once in a year you couldnt even make the playoffs isnt impressive .
Jordie Benn sported similar stats in minutes playing top LD by Weber and Petry , is he suddenly worth that yield ?

i mean benn's way worse and played less then Leddy in a top 4 role but the point i was trying to make is consistency which leddy doesnt have . Without consistency people can argue Jo Benn is really a top 4 D because he played there 1-2 seasons for a struggling LD core in MTL .

now if you tried selling Hamonic today it plays out different but i prefer to look at life in Context as it happens
Jun. 18, 2019 at 7:21 p.m.

it has nothing to do with me being a MTL fans and everything to do with Support Junior so long i went to school with Brad Marchand , hung out With Corey Crawford , Golf with Jake Allen and his family as well as support those junior prospects all the way to the Pro's .

for you hockey is some internet forum you talk crap on and spread your prejudice to .
for me hockey is life and something i support in general regardless of it being NHL , Habs or any mainstream brand .

its why i can leave without having to try to speak for all habs or NYI fans like you're trying because if i did that when i see Brad in the summer he'd punch me in the nuts for being everything he hates about hockey .

I mean no shot any of this true, anyone who says this on the internet, in a boastful manor is always 1000% full of ****, but regardless you pivoted off the argument. if PK couldnt get the return of a 1st and 2nd and 4th, and he was traded straight up for one of the best all around D at the time who logged a ton of minutes is great in all three zones, which is the player archetype you claim gets the type of return that's listed here, you've literally defeated your own argument in the same sentence, which is honestly impressive.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jun. 18, 2019 at 7:25 p.m.
Billy739
I mean no shot any of this true, anyone who says this on the internet, in a boastful manor is always 1000% full of ****, but regardless you pivoted off the argument. if PK couldnt get the return of a 1st and 2nd and 4th, and he was traded straight up for one of the best all around D at the time who logged a ton of minutes is great in all three zones, which the player architype you claim gets the type of return that's listed here, you've literally defeated your own argument.

as opposed to someone like yourself who doesnt need such indicators to prove he's full of it .

anyone living in the Maritimes supporting the QMJHL can say the same thing about stars that played in their home town . its only confusing if you've never supported junior hockey in your life because you're not someone who pays to invest in the game's growth just contribute in its demise . honestly 20 years ago fans like you wouldnt find this unbelievable because they were so involved they had the same experiences with other stars .

its just sad you cant support anything in life
youre missing out
Jun. 18, 2019 at 7:26 p.m.
as opposed to someone like yourself who doesnt need such indicators to prove he's full of it .

anyone living in the Maritimes supporting the QMJHL can say the same thing about stars that played in their home town . its only confusing if you've never supported junior hockey in your life because you're not someone who pays to invest in the game's growth just contribute in its demise . honestly 20 years ago fans like you wouldnt find this unbelievable because they were so involved they had the same experiences with other stars .

its just sad you cant support anything in life
youre missing out

again avoiding the point, trying to pivot off the argument.
Big_Rock_Brock liked this.
Jun. 18, 2019 at 7:32 p.m.

oh no
Jun. 18, 2019 at 7:33 p.m.
Billy739
I mean no shot any of this true, anyone who says this on the internet, in a boastful manor is always 1000% full of ****, but regardless you pivoted off the argument. if PK couldnt get the return of a 1st and 2nd and 4th, and he was traded straight up for one of the best all around D at the time who logged a ton of minutes is great in all three zones, which is the player archetype you claim gets the type of return that's listed here, you've literally defeated your own argument in the same sentence, which is honestly impressive.

Weber's contract is why he didnt land more
high Cap , high Signing Bonus and for a D turning 31 before the season started .

its sad this confused you
NSH tried moving him before making a deal for Subban .
the Subban deal only happened after the EDM deal for the 4th overall pick fell through
MTL was suppose to Trade Subban and its 9th to get the 4th to draft Dubois .
when that fell through MB was approached by NSH

in the end NSH could have gotten more if they moved out long before Weber's 31st birthday

you keep ignoring common knowdledge in an effort to put words in my mouth .
all you've done is proven your opinion isnt valid enough for you to win an argument on your own fact's merrit
instead you need to manipulate the situation in an effort to have them focus on your non-sense instead of presenting their argument .

its sad really
Jun. 18, 2019 at 7:39 p.m.
Billy739
the sad part is i have to keep explaining trades done in the past have to be looked at in Context .

people are so quick to forget about the circumstances that lead up to some of these deals .
when Leddy gets move i'll be back for the Islander fans and ill be as gracious as Trickdick55 has been
Jun. 18, 2019 at 7:49 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer

saying Canadiens fans like to hate on Leddy sure is slander and predjudice! im heartfully sorry for my actions against not just you, but all of humanity
Jun. 18, 2019 at 7:50 p.m.
Weber's contract is why he didnt land more
high Cap , high Signing Bonus and for a D turning 31 before the season started .

its sad this confused you
NSH tried moving him before making a deal for Subban .
the Subban deal only happened after the EDM deal for the 4th overall pick fell through
MTL was suppose to Trade Subban and its 9th to get the 4th to draft Dubois .
when that fell through MB was approached by NSH

in the end NSH could have gotten more if they moved out long before Weber's 31st birthday

you keep ignoring common knowdledge in an effort to put words in my mouth .
all you've done is proven your opinion isnt valid enough for you to win an argument on your own fact's merrit
instead you need to manipulate the situation in an effort to have them focus on your non-sense instead of presenting their argument .

its sad really

so what if he was 31, the only thing that dented his value was his contract, not his age. and in the end, Vancouver would have fleeced MTL because, as has happened so many times in the NHL draft GM's panic when they see a player they really want. at that point MTL was trying to get rid of Subban because of the perceived character issues. he was also making 9 million dollars, which is a large cap commitment, unlike leddy who is a 3 yrs at 5.5. you're right context, is important!
Jun. 18, 2019 at 7:52 p.m.
the sad part is i have to keep explaining trades done in the past have to be looked at in Context .

people are so quick to forget about the circumstances that lead up to some of these deals .
when Leddy gets move i'll be back for the Islander fans and ill be as gracious as Trickdick55 has been

a first: subtweeting someone... on capfriendly lmao.
Big_Rock_Brock liked this.
Jun. 18, 2019 at 7:59 p.m.
Brock On Dudes
so what if he was 31, the only thing that dented his value was his contract, not his age. and in the end, Vancouver would have fleeced MTL because, as has happened so many times in the NHL draft GM's panic when they see a player they really want. at that point MTL was trying to get rid of Subban because of the perceived character issues. he was also making 9 million dollars, which is a large cap commitment, unlike leddy who is a 3 yrs at 5.5. you're right context, is important!

i really dont understand this guys problem with Leddy...
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jun. 18, 2019 at 8:00 p.m.

my fav part of this is the guy who's posted 140 ACGM rosters and is posting on avg 3x a day every day, Insinuates that I'm just a hockey forum rat...
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jun. 18, 2019 at 8:06 p.m.
i really dont understand this guys problem with Leddy...

he doesn't think leddy is good. that's fine, there are islander fans who feel the same way. but the fact of the matter is puck moving D w a history of scoring 40 pointswith term on a solid AAV under 30 cost a premium. now will it get their 1st round pick in this years draft? depends on how desperate Bergevin is to fill the top 4 LHD puck moving role he's looking for. Ghost is really not even available. and really there aren't any other options besides leddy.
Big_Rock_Brock and OldNYIfan liked this.
Jun. 18, 2019 at 8:08 p.m.
Brock On Dudes
he doesn't think leddy is good. that's fine, there are islander fans who feel the same way. but the fact of the matter is puck moving D w a history of scoring 40 pointswith term on a solid AAV under 30 cost a premium. now will it get their 1st round pick in this years draft? depends on how desperate Bergevin is to fill the top 4 LHD puck moving role he's looking for. Ghost is really not even available. and really there aren't any other options besides leddy.

I doubt they get Ghost, Leddy seems like the most realistic option and a first+ certainly does not seem crazy to me when Hammer got a 1st and 2 2nds just 2 years ago after an injury-shortened season. Leddy may not mesh well with Trotz's system but a 40 point under contract DMan isnt going to cost a 3rd round pick lmao
trickydick55 and OldNYIfan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll