Forums/Armchair-GM

Puljujarvi

Created by: kscoop
Team: 2019-20 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 20, 2019
Published: Jun. 20, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Holland was quite high on Senyshyn in his draft year.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
6$4,000,000
8$7,500,000
3$2,250,000
2$900,000
Trades
BOS
  1. Puljujärvi, Jesse [RFA Rights]
EDM
  1. Senyshyn, Zach
  2. 2020 3rd round pick (BOS)
BOS
  1. 2019 3rd round pick (VAN)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$82,000,000$79,346,667$0$2,220,000$2,653,333
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$450,000$450K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$7,250,000$7,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
RW
UFA
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$3,200,000$3,200,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,275,000$1,275,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,000,000$2,000,000 (Performance Bonus$1,750,000$2M)
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$7,500,000$7,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
$7,000,000$7,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
RD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD
UFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 20, 2019 at 9:13 a.m.
Bcarlo25
holy hell i would love that. think you would have to bump it up to a 2nd round pick, but i would love that.
kscoop and Gofnut999 liked this.
Jun. 20, 2019 at 9:19 a.m.
Quoting: Bcarlo25
holy hell i would love that. think you would have to bump it up to a 2nd round pick, but i would love that.

I'd change the pick to a 2nd if need be. It would 2020 2nd obviously but I would certainly do that.
Jun. 20, 2019 at 9:38 a.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: kscoop
I'd change the pick to a 2nd if need be. It would 2020 2nd obviously but I would certainly do that.

how about zboril and senyshyn? I don't think it's any secret that Vaakanainen and Lauzon have surpassed him on the depth chart, but he's still a decent prospect.
kscoop liked this.
Jun. 20, 2019 at 10:55 a.m.
Would love it. Oilers pass tho.
Savard96 liked this.
Jun. 20, 2019 at 11:45 a.m.
Pool Party is so overhyped because of where he was drafted. This kid failed to cement himself on one of the worst teams in hockey....yet people think he'll magically improve the top 6 if a cup contender. Funny thing, many of those same people **** on Heinen...whose a more productive player.
Gofnut999 and boston781 liked this.
Jun. 20, 2019 at 12:46 p.m.
Quoting: ON3M4N
Pool Party is so overhyped because of where he was drafted. This kid failed to cement himself on one of the worst teams in hockey....yet people think he'll magically improve the top 6 if a cup contender. Funny thing, many of those same people **** on Heinen...whose a more productive player.

Oilers did a terrible job at developing him. Played him less than 8 mins a night on a line with Lucic, didn’t give him enough time to recover from surgery, stuck him in hotel rooms by himself, and on top of this, he didn’t even speak English. Smart development would’ve been to let him develop in Finland before having him play in North America. Hard to development when you get placed in the worst possible place to develop in a country you’re not comfortable with in the first place.
Jun. 20, 2019 at 3:27 p.m.
Quoting: Jiannuccilli
Oilers did a terrible job at developing him. Played him less than 8 mins a night on a line with Lucic, didn’t give him enough time to recover from surgery, stuck him in hotel rooms by himself, and on top of this, he didn’t even speak English. Smart development would’ve been to let him develop in Finland before having him play in North America. Hard to development when you get placed in the worst possible place to develop in a country you’re not comfortable with in the first place.

Sounds like the same excuses people used when talking about Nail...you know the guy who even after leaving EDM couldn't cut it. Let's just call a spade a spade, if Pool Party wasnt a former #4OA no one would give a crap about the kid. Maybe we should kick the tires on Nail...I mean he was a #1OA, so that already makes him better then Pool Party, right?
Jun. 20, 2019 at 5:28 p.m.
Sounds like the same excuses people used when talking about Nail...you know the guy who even after leaving EDM couldn't cut it. Let's just call a spade a spade, if Pool Party wasnt a former #4OA no one would give a crap about the kid. Maybe we should kick the tires on Nail...I mean he was a #1OA, so that already makes him better then Pool Party, right?

It is the same excuses because they fail miserably at developing foreign players. Yak just didn’t happen to work out on another team. But there’s plenty of guys who don’t work out for their drafted team and excel elsewhere. Malcolm Subban, Vatrano, Niederreiter, Brayden Schenn, William Karlsson, Dylan Strome, Johnny Boychuk, Alex Tuch...many more too. He was a 4th overall pick for a reason and he’s only 21. It’s too early to write him off.
Jun. 20, 2019 at 6:23 p.m.
It is the same excuses because they fail miserably at developing foreign players. Yak just didn’t happen to work out on another team. But there’s plenty of guys who don’t work out for their drafted team and excel elsewhere. Malcolm Subban, Vatrano, Niederreiter, Brayden Schenn, William Karlsson, Dylan Strome, Johnny Boychuk, Alex Tuch...many more too. He was a 4th overall pick for a reason and he’s only 21. It’s too early to write him off.

Subban - 2.88 GAA / .903 SV%
Vatrano - 39pts in 81gp getting top 6 mins
Nino - was already a 50pt player in Minny
Schenn - was just as good in Philly
Karlsson - I'll give you that one
Strome - odd choice since he had all of 28 career games before this season lol
Boychuck - just as good in BOS as he was with NYI
Tuch - similar to Strome only he had all of 6 career games

^You may want to keep listing because so far I see one legit example lol.

Btw I'm still dying that you think subban as excelled yet his career numbers are not even passable for a backup tears of joy
Jun. 20, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.
Subban - 2.88 GAA / .903 SV%
Vatrano - 39pts in 81gp getting top 6 mins
Nino - was already a 50pt player in Minny
Schenn - was just as good in Philly
Karlsson - I'll give you that one
Strome - odd choice since he had all of 28 career games before this season lol
Boychuck - just as good in BOS as he was with NYI
Tuch - similar to Strome only he had all of 6 career games

^You may want to keep listing because so far I see one legit example lol.

Btw I'm still dying that you think subban as excelled yet his career numbers are not even passable for a backup tears of joy

Excelled compared to what he did in Boston

Vatrano scored 20 goals

Schenn was drafted by LA, then excelled in PHI/STL

Nino was drafted by NYI, then excelled in MIN/CAR

Boychuk was drafted by COL, then excelled in BOS/NYI

All of these players either struggled in the AHL or could never make the jump to a solidified NHLer with the team that drafted them.

BTW, Dylan strome had 48 NHL games, along with 50 AHL games. Nearly 100 games of professional hockey.
Jun. 20, 2019 at 11:02 p.m.
Excelled compared to what he did in Boston

Vatrano scored 20 goals

Schenn was drafted by LA, then excelled in PHI/STL

Nino was drafted by NYI, then excelled in MIN/CAR

Boychuk was drafted by COL, then excelled in BOS/NYI

All of these players either struggled in the AHL or could never make the jump to a solidified NHLer with the team that drafted them.

BTW, Dylan strome had 48 NHL games, along with 50 AHL games. Nearly 100 games of professional hockey.

Subban's number in Boston were awful (5.82 GAA / .727 SV%) and it's not hard to excel from that Haha

Vatrano had a breakout year...with 39 points lol. 24 of which were goals and of his assist, nearly half were on the PP

Schenn was a major piece in the Carter deal and was a few years removed from being drafted. LAK didn't want to trade him, but he was an attractive piece. Had he not been traded he probably still becomes the player he is now.

Nino and the Islanders just didn't see eye to eye, but he was playing really well in the AHL. That deal will always be a head scratcher to me, because Nino would have been just as good for the Islanders.

Boychuk was a slow developer and spent 6 years in the Colorado system. Its not like they gave up on him. Even after the trade he spent a season in the AHL and it wasnt until 5 years post Boston debut that he finally put it all together...at the age of 30

Strome - ok? So what? ARZ didn't give up on him. He was the key piece is the Schmaltz deal (who was coming off 52 point season), so again It's not like they traded strome for scraps lol.

Again my red flags for JP are....

-Struggled to produce at the NHL level
-On one of the worst teams he cant earn a spot
-If he so dynamic why didn't he and the league best player work?
-To go off of that, if McDavid couldn't get this guy going, who on Boston can?
-what has he done to feel like he's earned his ice time? In Boston no one is safe from getting their butt stapled to the bench. How is he going to react the first time Cassidy scratches him or gives him 8 minutes? Is he going to demand another trade?

Again if this guy wasnt a former high draft pick no one would give a damn about this kid
Jun. 20, 2019 at 11:42 p.m.
Subban's number in Boston were awful (5.82 GAA / .727 SV%) and it's not hard to excel from that Haha

Vatrano had a breakout year...with 39 points lol. 24 of which were goals and of his assist, nearly half were on the PP

Schenn was a major piece in the Carter deal and was a few years removed from being drafted. LAK didn't want to trade him, but he was an attractive piece. Had he not been traded he probably still becomes the player he is now.

Nino and the Islanders just didn't see eye to eye, but he was playing really well in the AHL. That deal will always be a head scratcher to me, because Nino would have been just as good for the Islanders.

Boychuk was a slow developer and spent 6 years in the Colorado system. Its not like they gave up on him. Even after the trade he spent a season in the AHL and it wasnt until 5 years post Boston debut that he finally put it all together...at the age of 30

Strome - ok? So what? ARZ didn't give up on him. He was the key piece is the Schmaltz deal (who was coming off 52 point season), so again It's not like they traded strome for scraps lol.

Again my red flags for JP are....

-Struggled to produce at the NHL level
-On one of the worst teams he cant earn a spot
-If he so dynamic why didn't he and the league best player work?
-To go off of that, if McDavid couldn't get this guy going, who on Boston can?
-what has he done to feel like he's earned his ice time? In Boston no one is safe from getting their butt stapled to the bench. How is he going to react the first time Cassidy scratches him or gives him 8 minutes? Is he going to demand another trade?

Again if this guy wasnt a former high draft pick no one would give a damn about this kid

I’m not necessarily talking about teams “giving up.” I was just bringing up high draft picks who didn’t live up to their hype for the team that drafted them

Nino scored 3 points in 64 NHL games with the islanders before being traded (Pulju already has that beat). I think the islanders did give up on him.

Schenn had 2 points in 9 NHL games, got sent to the AHL and had 7 in 7, then got sent back to the WHL. Also he was traded for Mike Richards, not carter. They didn’t really give up, but they didn’t get the production they were expecting from a #5 pick.

I agree, they didn’t trade strome for scraps, but what if after he got drafted 3rd overall, someone came from the future and told you he would be traded for a 50 point player?

Strome had 16 points in 48 NHL games with the coyotes. Not what they wanted out of a number 3 pick. But suddenly, in Chicago, he jumps up to 51 points in 58 games. 72 point pace—3rd overall pick production. This is mainly my point. Players are drafted high for a reason, and just because they suck on 1 team is no reason to completely write them off for another.

Of course no one would care about him if he wasn’t a high draft pick, his high draft pick is why people still think he has the potential. Do you think people would have cared about nino if he wasn’t a high pick after his awful stint with the islanders? People even stopped caring about Dylan strome after a while.

Pulju never played with McDavid. He played on line 2 with lucic.

He kinda did earn a spot most of the time, he played 139 games for the oilers

It’s not the worst thing in the world to take a shot. I would give up a 2nd to take a shot on a top 5 pick from 3 years ago. If it works out then Boston is set for a while. If it doesn’t, 1 2nd round pick isn’t going to dismantle the franchise.

The NHL production isn’t there for Pulju, but it wasn’t there for Nino (a lot less actually) and strome either. It’s not fair to give up on him yet. I’ll admit Schenn is a bit of a reach since they did get a good return for him.
Jun. 21, 2019 at 12:06 a.m.
I’m not necessarily talking about teams “giving up.” I was just bringing up high draft picks who didn’t live up to their hype for the team that drafted them

Nino scored 3 points in 64 NHL games with the islanders before being traded (Pulju already has that beat). I think the islanders did give up on him.

Schenn had 2 points in 9 NHL games, got sent to the AHL and had 7 in 7, then got sent back to the WHL. Also he was traded for Mike Richards, not carter. They didn’t really give up, but they didn’t get the production they were expecting from a #5 pick.

I agree, they didn’t trade strome for scraps, but what if after he got drafted 3rd overall, someone came from the future and told you he would be traded for a 50 point player?

Strome had 16 points in 48 NHL games with the coyotes. Not what they wanted out of a number 3 pick. But suddenly, in Chicago, he jumps up to 51 points in 58 games. 72 point pace—3rd overall pick production. This is mainly my point. Players are drafted high for a reason, and just because they suck on 1 team is no reason to completely write them off for another.

Of course no one would care about him if he wasn’t a high draft pick, his high draft pick is why people still think he has the potential. Do you think people would have cared about nino if he wasn’t a high pick after his awful stint with the islanders? People even stopped caring about Dylan strome after a while.

Pulju never played with McDavid. He played on line 2 with lucic.

He kinda did earn a spot most of the time, he played 139 games for the oilers

It’s not the worst thing in the world to take a shot. I would give up a 2nd to take a shot on a top 5 pick from 3 years ago. If it works out then Boston is set for a while. If it doesn’t, 1 2nd round pick isn’t going to dismantle the franchise.

The NHL production isn’t there for Pulju, but it wasn’t there for Nino (a lot less actually) and strome either. It’s not fair to give up on him yet. I’ll admit Schenn is a bit of a reach since they did get a good return for him.

Nino demanded a trade because he didn't get an invite to camp one year. He wanted out, not the islanders.

Schenn they moved before he got a chance. What were their expectations for a kid that early in his career? Again this was about giving to get and schenn was the cost..it helped the Kings win 2 cups.

I'm sure Stromes production had nothing to do with him playing with DeBrincat lol

Soooo its not a red flag that at no point did EDM think about putting those two together? I mean as bad as that teams been you'd think they'd try everything right? Its also going to cost more than a 2nd lol. No way does Holland come in and trade JP for pennies on the dollar. Yes is value is low, but EDM holds the power. Either JP signs, sits out or goes overseas...at the end of the day, EDM still has his rights.

Could JP improve? Sure, he's set the bar pretty low. Is he going to make the top 6 of a cup contender instantly better? Probably not. Too risky to bank on JP finding it when the window with your current core is 2 years tops
Jun. 21, 2019 at 12:16 a.m.
Nino demanded a trade because he didn't get an invite to camp one year. He wanted out, not the islanders.

Schenn they moved before he got a chance. What were their expectations for a kid that early in his career? Again this was about giving to get and schenn was the cost..it helped the Kings win 2 cups.

I'm sure Stromes production had nothing to do with him playing with DeBrincat lol

Soooo its not a red flag that at no point did EDM think about putting those two together? I mean as bad as that teams been you'd think they'd try everything right? Its also going to cost more than a 2nd lol. No way does Holland come in and trade JP for pennies on the dollar. Yes is value is low, but EDM holds the power. Either JP signs, sits out or goes overseas...at the end of the day, EDM still has his rights.

Could JP improve? Sure, he's set the bar pretty low. Is he going to make the top 6 of a cup contender instantly better? Probably not. Too risky to bank on JP finding it when the window with your current core is 2 years tops

Yeah I don’t expect him to immediately become 2nd line RW at all. And even if he doesn’t fully develop with this core, wouldn’t it be great to have him as part of the future core?

I feel like it’s a low-risk high-reward situation depending on what the oilers ask for.

I don’t know why Edmonton didn’t try it. Maybe they thought he wasn’t a good enough skater yet to be on a line with McDavid. In fact I think he’s the perfect Krejci winger being a 6’4” power forward (though I wouldn’t put him there right away.

If the islanders wouldn’t even invite him to training camp isn’t that basically the same as giving up on him?

Being on a line with debrincat probably did help strome, just like playing with new players could help

I would give a 2nd + senyshyn/zboril. Probably too much but unless those guys turn into monsters on edmonton I wouldn’t lose sleep over giving them up to take a shot at a recent top 5 pick at a position of need.
Jun. 21, 2019 at 6:16 a.m.
Yeah I don’t expect him to immediately become 2nd line RW at all. And even if he doesn’t fully develop with this core, wouldn’t it be great to have him as part of the future core?

I feel like it’s a low-risk high-reward situation depending on what the oilers ask for.

I don’t know why Edmonton didn’t try it. Maybe they thought he wasn’t a good enough skater yet to be on a line with McDavid. In fact I think he’s the perfect Krejci winger being a 6’4” power forward (though I wouldn’t put him there right away.

If the islanders wouldn’t even invite him to training camp isn’t that basically the same as giving up on him?

Being on a line with debrincat probably did help strome, just like playing with new players could help

I would give a 2nd + senyshyn/zboril. Probably too much but unless those guys turn into monsters on edmonton I wouldn’t lose sleep over giving them up to take a shot at a recent top 5 pick at a position of need.

We can continue to go back and forth, but at the end if the day I don't see JP as the piece we need. We need a legit #2RW for the season and that's not JP. If your not starting JP on line 2, then were does he go? Heinen is your #3RW and Pasta your #1 RW. JP isn't going to play 4th line minutes, so really the only spot for him is #2RW and as you pointed out you don't expect him too.
Jun. 21, 2019 at 7:15 a.m.
Edited Jun. 21, 2019 at 7:31 a.m.
We can continue to go back and forth, but at the end if the day I don't see JP as the piece we need. We need a legit #2RW for the season and that's not JP. If your not starting JP on line 2, then were does he go? Heinen is your #3RW and Pasta your #1 RW. JP isn't going to play 4th line minutes, so really the only spot for him is #2RW and as you pointed out you don't expect him too.

I don’t want them to get him as somebody who would be in the lineup on opening night next year. I see him as someone who would be a project. Let him play at home in Finland so he’s comfortable and able to develop. If it doesn’t work, it doesn’t work. But if it does, the reward would be great.

But just for the sake of it, I doubt Mojo is back, Heinen could move to LW and Pulju could be RW3? Again, I don’t see him as an immediate NHLer but it wouldn’t kill to give it a shot.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll