Due to the fact that making an armchair gm team rn is kind of pointless, I'll be posting discussion forums similar to my last post. This forum is about the hawks prospect and drafting. For this post, I strongly recommend watching the hawks training camp video
Link Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-sQDqLr0mI
1. Was Dach the right choice at #3 (strongly recommend watching the hawks preseason camp before making a decision)
2. Who was the hawks best steal of this year's draft?
3. What pick will the hawks have in the 2020 draft and who/ what position will they draft?
4. Is Brandon Hagel the real deal?
-He dominated in the camps this summer and was arguably the second-best player after Boqvist during camp.
5. Looking at the goalie situation, the Hawks brought in a bunch of undrafted/unsigned goalies from across the world for training camp. Some had very good seasons. Do you think any of the goalies could become the real deal?
6. Who will be the biggest impact player for Rockford this year?
7. Do the Hawks have any hidden gems in the system? If so who?
8. What does the hawks organization do differently that makes them so effective at developing players?
9. What hawks prospect are you most excited to see play this year? (Any league i.e WHL, AHL, NHL, etc)
I numbered them to make it easier to jump around, and to respond:
1) Depends what they do to help develop him, a lot of the drafted players have high ceilings but lack current skill (i.e. Nylander, Saarela)
2) Alex Vlasic, at least so far. I can see him being the best defensive defenceman the 'Hawks have come Expansion Draft Time
3) Let's hope 31st, except I suspect they would've traded it if that's the case. I'm going to say early 20's and they're going to draft someone with potential, hopefully a Right Winger
4) Time will tell, lot of guys dominate in things like this and struggle playing with the best of the best (Sikura)
5) They need to give a couple a shot, I really like Gravel and Lankinen though, but the 'Hawks are scary good at finding goalies, let's hope they hide their secrets for awhile.
6) Versteeg, he's going to teach Dach how to use his body, and teach all those guys how to score.
7) Kurashev and Kubalik
8) They keep their AHL and NHL playing similar systems, and worry more about how a player could play, and not how their currently playing (Strome and Nylander)
9) Mitchell being one of the best NCAA players