Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$900,000
2$1,000,000
2$2,000,000
Trades
EDM
  1. Boychuk, Johnny ($2,900,000 retained)
  2. Dal Colle, Michael
  3. Ho-Sang, Joshua
  4. 2020 2nd round pick (NYI)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$68,294,999$0$1,150,000$13,205,001
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Islanders
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW
NTC
UFA - 7
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
C, RW
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 5
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 6
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW, C
UFA - 5
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$3,350,000$3,350,000
C
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$2,835,000$2,835,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LD
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
NTC
UFA - 4
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,450,000$1,450,000
RD
UFA - 4
$3,333,333$3,333,333
G
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD
UFA - 3
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RD
RFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$850,000$850,000
RW
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW, LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 13, 2019 at 3:57 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: Hockeygoalie53
I agree with you that the trade benefits EDM, but I was working with what was already posted and trying to make something work. Honestly, Ho-Sang (as much as I want him to) isn't getting chance with the Isles, if we can use him to offload Boychuk in the process then it's something you have to consider. In this scenario, while the return is lacking the Isles would get a 3/4C in Gagner, which we need and a 7th Defenseman with NHL experience in the event they offload Leddy and Hickey as well. Both Gagner and Manning are 1 year deals, so it frees up CAP space next year to resign Barzal, Pulock and Toews.

Also, I did not confuse the two... Matthew Benning played 70+ games the last 2 years for EDM and figures to be a big part of their D this year, he's not a piece they would send back in a deal for Boychuk. Manning on the other hand, played 39 games last year for EDM and CHI and 65 games the previous 2 years with Philly... he's a perfect 7th D candidate the way Sbisa was last year.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound as acerbic as I came across. I realize you were trying to work with the deal proposed, which is both awful and unnecessary. As I said to my esteemed colleague @BeterChiarelli , Boychuk and a 50% retention plus Dal Colle for Gagner and Manning is fair.
Aug. 13, 2019 at 4:01 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: Isles777
If Barzal puts up at least 70 pts this season he will end up getting around 9-10 mill AAV on a 6-7 year deal. That leaves at most 6 mill to lock up toews and pulock which is not enough. If toews has a big year with an increased role, he can get as much as 4.5-5 mill AAV and assuming pulock plays top pairing minutes, he will command between 6-6.5 mill AAV. That's more than 14 mill total.

Yes, that would then require moving Hickey.
Aug. 13, 2019 at 4:03 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
That is highly unlikely, unless you believe Barzal is getting 5 year term, pulock 3 years and toews 2-3 years.

So now the crystal ball is so good it not only predicts numbers, it predicts term, too? How right were you on Kevin Labanc?

All of this is mindless speculation until we see what Marner, Point and Rantanen get this year.
Aug. 13, 2019 at 4:04 p.m.
If Barzal puts up at least 70 pts this season he will end up getting around 9-10 mill AAV on a 6-7 year deal. That leaves at most 6 mill to lock up toews and pulock which is not enough. If toews has a big year with an increased role, he can get as much as 4.5-5 mill AAV and assuming pulock plays top pairing minutes, he will command between 6-6.5 mill AAV. That's more than 14 mill total.

Look, I love Barzal and the kid right now is the face of the Franchise, but he hasn't done nearly enough to warrant 10m coming off his ELC. He had a great year putting up 85 points his first year and won the Calder, but he was on an offense first team. Last year, when the team shifted to D he put up 62 points. Should he put up somewhere in between, I can see him coming in at 8-8.5m on an 8 year deal. Gotta remember Lou is our GM, he will shell out big bucks for Panarin (already an established scorer), but he's not going to give Barzal off his ELC that big of a raise. Here is what I predict for Barzal, Pulock and Toews...

Barzal: Either 8.8.5 or a bridge of 3x6.5... the bridge deal would allow the Leddy, Boychuk and Ladd contracts (assuming they aren't moved) to expire before Barzal cashes in big. The only way I see Barzal getting 10m is if someone offer sheets him, but I have a feeling Lou will get him locked up long before that becomes a possibility. The kid loves playing here and wants to do here, what JT was never able to do... win a Cup.

Pulock: 8x6 - He will get a Trouba-lite deal, same term, but less AAV... Unless of course he breaks out this year and puts up 50+ points.

Toews: 6x4 - This deal would be max assuming he has a solid first full season.

Lou has already stated (I can't remember where I saw/read this) that Barzal will get Term and AAV, while Pulock and Toews will get more term than AAV... I believe it was in an interview he did and it sounded like he had already talked with and had an idea of what these 3 guys were looking for.
Isles777 and OldNYIfan liked this.
Aug. 13, 2019 at 4:05 p.m.
Isles7
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Yes, that would then require moving Hickey.

are you assuming LL won't be making any upgrades to the top 6?
Aug. 13, 2019 at 4:07 p.m.
Isles7
So now the crystal ball is so good it not only predicts numbers, it predicts term, too? How right were you on Kevin Labanc?

All of this is mindless speculation until we see what Marner, Point and Rantanen get this year.

well you are predicting numbers and using that as a reason why we don't need to move boychuk. Who knows, Barzal can have a career year and put up 90 + pts and end up asking for 10.5-11 - it is all speculation but it's not unrealistic.
Aug. 13, 2019 at 4:10 p.m.
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound as acerbic as I came across. I realize you were trying to work with the deal proposed, which is both awful and unnecessary. As I said to my esteemed colleague @BeterChiarelli , Boychuk and a 50% retention plus Dal Colle for Gagner and Manning is fair.

No worries man, I didn't take any offense. I was just pointing out why I chose to have Benning as the 7th D and not bury him in the minors. I apologize if it came off as harsh or anything like that.

My only issue, and partly why I included Ho-Sang in my proposal, is that I don't know how keen EDM is to move Gagner. Everything said when they picked him up was that they loved him in EDM, so I figured that's what the sweetener would be for, to get them to part with Gagner to save some CAP.

I personally think a Boychuk (50% retained) for Benning would be a good deal for EDM. They get a veteran RHD to play the 3rd pairing for only 3m per. I could even see adding in a 3rd round pick going to EDM if that was needed to get it done. Since, if it wasn't for Dobson progressing like he did, I wouldn't even be looking to move Boychuk right now.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Aug. 13, 2019 at 4:15 p.m.
Isles7
Look, I love Barzal and the kid right now is the face of the Franchise, but he hasn't done nearly enough to warrant 10m coming off his ELC. He had a great year putting up 85 points his first year and won the Calder, but he was on an offense first team. Last year, when the team shifted to D he put up 62 points. Should he put up somewhere in between, I can see him coming in at 8-8.5m on an 8 year deal. Gotta remember Lou is our GM, he will shell out big bucks for Panarin (already an established scorer), but he's not going to give Barzal off his ELC that big of a raise. Here is what I predict for Barzal, Pulock and Toews...

Barzal: Either 8.8.5 or a bridge of 3x6.5... the bridge deal would allow the Leddy, Boychuk and Ladd contracts (assuming they aren't moved) to expire before Barzal cashes in big. The only way I see Barzal getting 10m is if someone offer sheets him, but I have a feeling Lou will get him locked up long before that becomes a possibility. The kid loves playing here and wants to do here, what JT was never able to do... win a Cup.

Pulock: 8x6 - He will get a Trouba-lite deal, same term, but less AAV... Unless of course he breaks out this year and puts up 50+ points.

Toews: 6x4 - This deal would be max assuming he has a solid first full season.

Lou has already stated (I can't remember where I saw/read this) that Barzal will get Term and AAV, while Pulock and Toews will get more term than AAV... I believe it was in an interview he did and it sounded like he had already talked with and had an idea of what these 3 guys were looking for.

I agree with you on pulock , but if toews has a big year with an increased role and PP1 time , I could see him getting the Girard deal.

Barzal will be interesting - I could see him getting 10 mill if he has a big year.
Aug. 13, 2019 at 4:23 p.m.
I agree with you on pulock , but if toews has a big year with an increased role and PP1 time , I could see him getting the Girard deal.

Barzal will be interesting - I could see him getting 10 mill if he has a big year.

Lou has gotten all his resigns to sign for less than anyone thought, so I'm betting on that continuing to happen hence Toews getting a year and 1m less per than Girard, but even if he got a Girard deal the extra 1m is doable. Lee could have easily gotten 8m per on the open market, same with Nelson (especially after that awful Hayes deal) and Eberle could have probably gotten between 6 and 6.5m in FA as well. These guys want to be here and feel they have something special with this team. I wouldn't be surprised if that trend continues with further contracts.

As for Barzal, I think he'd have to have a Marner-esque year to get the conversation to even come close to 10m per. It's obviously possible given what he did his rookie year, but with Trotz' system it won't be easy for him.

I'm also gonna say, and this is purely speculation on my part, but with the way this team has bonded since JT left, I can see one or more of these guys taking less money (similar to Kucherov) to allow the team to remain competitive for the duration of their contracts.
Isles777 and OldNYIfan liked this.
Aug. 13, 2019 at 4:40 p.m.
Isles7
Lou has gotten all his resigns to sign for less than anyone thought, so I'm betting on that continuing to happen hence Toews getting a year and 1m less per than Girard, but even if he got a Girard deal the extra 1m is doable. Lee could have easily gotten 8m per on the open market, same with Nelson (especially after that awful Hayes deal) and Eberle could have probably gotten between 6 and 6.5m in FA as well. These guys want to be here and feel they have something special with this team. I wouldn't be surprised if that trend continues with further contracts.

As for Barzal, I think he'd have to have a Marner-esque year to get the conversation to even come close to 10m per. It's obviously possible given what he did his rookie year, but with Trotz' system it won't be easy for him.

I'm also gonna say, and this is purely speculation on my part, but with the way this team has bonded since JT left, I can see one or more of these guys taking less money (similar to Kucherov) to allow the team to remain competitive for the duration of their contracts.

Listen I hope you’re right haha. LL did a great job with the Nelson and eberle contracts. He had to give Lee more term but that’s a deal that had to get done.
Hockeygoalie53 and OldNYIfan liked this.
Aug. 13, 2019 at 4:47 p.m.
Listen I hope you’re right haha. LL did a great job with the Nelson and eberle contracts. He had to give Lee more term but that’s a deal that had to get done.

Yeah, I'm confused about the Lee situation, everything being said during the season was that Lee and the team were far apart on term, with Lee wanting more than the Isles were willing to offer. But since he signed, both Lee, Lou and Lee's agent have said the deal has been pretty much agreed upon before Free Agency, which is why Lee didn't bother interviewing with any other teams, even though rumors suggest Chicago was willing to offer him 7 years and 8-9m AAV, he knew he was coming back, so I'm not sure what to believe on that one.

My only guess is that maybe if they signed Panarin for 12.5m, Lee might have lowered is AAV to accommodate that big of a CAP hit?
Aug. 13, 2019 at 4:59 p.m.
Isles7
Yeah, I'm confused about the Lee situation, everything being said during the season was that Lee and the team were far apart on term, with Lee wanting more than the Isles were willing to offer. But since he signed, both Lee, Lou and Lee's agent have said the deal has been pretty much agreed upon before Free Agency, which is why Lee didn't bother interviewing with any other teams, even though rumors suggest Chicago was willing to offer him 7 years and 8-9m AAV, he knew he was coming back, so I'm not sure what to believe on that one.

My only guess is that maybe if they signed Panarin for 12.5m, Lee might have lowered is AAV to accommodate that big of a CAP hit?

Yeah I have no clue - the contract is front loaded and there are no signing bonuses the last 2 years , so it can be bought out without a problem. Everything doesn’t add up between what LL, Lee, and his agent have said so i don’t know what to think lol
Aug. 13, 2019 at 5:08 p.m.
Yeah I have no clue - the contract is front loaded and there are no signing bonuses the last 2 years , so it can be bought out without a problem. Everything doesn’t add up between what LL, Lee, and his agent have said so i don’t know what to think lol

I think it just goes to show, you LL in charge no one but his inner circle really knows what's going on lol. I didn't realize that about his contract (haven't actually looked at the breakdown), so now I'm wondering if they originally had a 5 year deal in place and when Panarin chose the Rangers and other teams were willing to offer 7 years and higher AAV, they Isles tacked on 2 more years at straight AAV to keep Lee in the fold.
Aug. 13, 2019 at 6:37 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I apologize if it came off as harsh or anything like that.

No, you didn't sound like that at all. I'm the only one who needed to apologize. Thanks for the well-reasoned dialogue.
Hockeygoalie53 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll