$2,100,000$2,100,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$2,750,000$2,750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RW
RFA - 3
$725,000$725,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,300,000$5,300,000
LD
UFA - 6
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RD
UFA - 2
$3,400,000$3,400,000
G
UFA - 2
$874,125$874,125
LD
UFA - 1
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
$3,125,000$3,125,000
G
UFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$2,300,000$2,300,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 20, 2019 at 12:53 a.m.
based on rumors this is an overpay for him

allegedly ask is top prospect + NHL D man
Aug. 20, 2019 at 2:15 a.m.
Quoting: glc_0908

Who told you he was even getting traded, forget the ask (which would be waaaaaaaaay more than that)
Aug. 20, 2019 at 3:42 a.m.
Jet69
Ask would be Pesce/Necas at a minimum
Aug. 20, 2019 at 9:10 a.m.
Quoting: arafay
Who told you he was even getting traded, forget the ask (which would be waaaaaaaaay more than that)

Quoting: jgimp69
Ask would be Pesce/Necas at a minimum

like I said, theres a rumor three eastern conference teams have inquired about laine, and supposedly the ask is NHL D man and top prospect. If that's the case this is too much to pay.

much like every other deal this summer, teams have not been overpaying for big name players. the fact of the matter is armchair gm trolls want to pretend theyll get the moon and stars for players and actual gm's are taking much different looking deals for a million different reasons ranging from cap issues, to unhappy players, to injury history, etc.

Trouba was going to bring back the top defenseman on the teams he was being traded too +their top prospect , yet in reality, they got 2 months of kevin hayes, and neal pionk
PK Subban got a draft pick, a third pairing d man, and a b prospect
Gusev got two draft picks over consecutive years

My point is, I said based on the rumored ask, this is an overpay. I didn't say he's getting traded but winnipeg is taking offers to see what's out there
Aug. 20, 2019 at 9:49 a.m.

like I said, theres a rumor three eastern conference teams have inquired about laine, and supposedly the ask is NHL D man and top prospect. If that's the case this is too much to pay.

much like every other deal this summer, teams have not been overpaying for big name players. the fact of the matter is armchair gm trolls want to pretend theyll get the moon and stars for players and actual gm's are taking much different looking deals for a million different reasons ranging from cap issues, to unhappy players, to injury history, etc.

Trouba was going to bring back the top defenseman on the teams he was being traded too +their top prospect , yet in reality, they got 2 months of kevin hayes, and neal pionk

My point is, I said based on the rumored ask, this is an overpay. I didn't say he's getting traded but winnipeg is taking offers to see what's out there

Where are you getting these "rumors" from? Haven't seen anything out there regarding the info about the 3 teams or the ask... can you link anything to show these rumors?

I know the Isles are interested in Laine and we have D and prospects to spare!
arafay and DakotaMermis4Norris liked this.
Aug. 20, 2019 at 10:17 a.m.
Edited Aug. 20, 2019 at 10:22 a.m.
Quoting: Hockeygoalie53
Where are you getting these "rumors" from? Haven't seen anything out there regarding the info about the 3 teams or the ask... can you link anything to show these rumors?

I know the Isles are interested in Laine and we have D and prospects to spare!

I also want to be clear, im not saying whether the value is off or laine isn't worth anything, I'm only saying based on the rumored price I think carolina doesn't have to give up as much. If mcdonalds says your total is $5 you arent going to pay $8

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2019/08/nhl-trade-rumor-patrik-laine-on-his-way.html

According to sources, the Winnipeg Jets have held internal discussions about trading Laine to the eastern conference. While the team is set on choosing Kyle Connor over Laine, they continue to work the phones on what type of return Laine could pull in.

New Jersey, Columbus and Detroit have all called Winnipeg inquiring about Laine's services. The Jets would be looking for an NHL defenseman, and NHL ready top prospect.
Hockeygoalie53 liked this.
Aug. 20, 2019 at 10:24 a.m.
I also want to be clear, im not saying whether the value is off or laine isn't worth anything, I'm only saying based on the rumored price I think carolina doesn't have to give up as much. If mcdonalds says your total is $5 you arent going to pay $8

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2019/08/nhl-trade-rumor-patrik-laine-on-his-way.html

According to sources, the Winnipeg Jets have held internal discussions about trading Laine to the eastern conference. While the team is set on choosing Kyle Connor over Laine, they continue to work the phones on what type of return Laine could pull in.

New Jersey, Columbus and Detroit have all called Winnipeg inquiring about Laine's services. The Jets would be looking for an NHL defenseman, and NHL ready top prospect.

Thanks man!
Aug. 20, 2019 at 10:25 a.m.
Jet69

Trouba has wanted out for years, only had 1 year of RFA and him and his agent gamed the trade so that he could only be traded to the Rangers even though there were better trade offers out there.
Nashville was in worse cap he’ll than the Jets and had zero RFA years and is in decline (still a decent defender though)
Gusev had let it be known he wasn’t signing and requested a trade as his RFA years were expiring

These are night and day different than Laine and the Jets situation. 5 more years of RFA status and is an elite goalscorer. Yes he had a bad year but I put that on locker room and coaching as something was seriously off last year. I’m not saying the Jets would get the earth and moon for him but face it, it would take an overpay to move him otherwise they keep him. Same as Hishier, Hughes, Smith etc etc
Aug. 20, 2019 at 10:36 a.m.

The point is that the jets have the cap space to sign both their stars so taking anything less than an overpayment will not happen.

Trouba got less because he told the jets he wouldn’t sign anywhere else, leaving them no leverage in a deal with the rangers.

Nashville got less because subban is frankly overpaid and Nashville needed cap spaces to sign duchene (who everyone knew was going to Nashville)

Gusev got more than he was asked for. They asked for a 2nd and a b prospect and instead got more, even with their cap issues

The point is that any trade for a jest’ young star is going to require an overpayment.

Also, that’s the first time I’m hearing the rumours of the jets even listening to offers on laine and I don’t think it’s a source but rather a guy like us just on a site like cf or hf boards. If not I would like to see a source
Aug. 20, 2019 at 11:27 a.m.
Quoting: jgimp69
Trouba has wanted out for years, only had 1 year of RFA and him and his agent gamed the trade so that he could only be traded to the Rangers even though there were better trade offers out there.
Nashville was in worse cap he’ll than the Jets and had zero RFA years and is in decline (still a decent defender though)
Gusev had let it be known he wasn’t signing and requested a trade as his RFA years were expiring

These are night and day different than Laine and the Jets situation. 5 more years of RFA status and is an elite goalscorer. Yes he had a bad year but I put that on locker room and coaching as something was seriously off last year. I’m not saying the Jets would get the earth and moon for him but face it, it would take an overpay to move him otherwise they keep him. Same as Hishier, Hughes, Smith etc etc

The point is that the jets have the cap space to sign both their stars so taking anything less than an overpayment will not happen.

Trouba got less because he told the jets he wouldn’t sign anywhere else, leaving them no leverage in a deal with the rangers.

Nashville got less because subban is frankly overpaid and Nashville needed cap spaces to sign duchene (who everyone knew was going to Nashville)

Gusev got more than he was asked for. They asked for a 2nd and a b prospect and instead got more, even with their cap issues

The point is that any trade for a jest’ young star is going to require an overpayment.

Also, that’s the first time I’m hearing the rumours of the jets even listening to offers on laine and I don’t think it’s a source but rather a guy like us just on a site like cf or hf boards. If not I would like to see a source

Yes very possible, but again, the entire premise is based on the rumor it is an overpay. If you don't believe that's the ask then thats fine doesn't affect me either way. But given this rumor has d and nhl ready prospect, giving an established forward, a young forward, and damn good defenseman is more than the ask.

I'm not disagreeing that laine is incredible and his best years are ahead, im not debating that he isn't worth a duchene level haul, I agree with all of this. but his demeanor, attitude, and comments are pulling leverage from winnipeg, my guess is if he gets dealt, it will not be an unbelievable deal for winnipeg.
Aug. 20, 2019 at 12:38 p.m.
Yes very possible, but again, the entire premise is based on the rumor it is an overpay. If you don't believe that's the ask then thats fine doesn't affect me either way. But given this rumor has d and nhl ready prospect, giving an established forward, a young forward, and damn good defenseman is more than the ask.

I'm not disagreeing that laine is incredible and his best years are ahead, im not debating that he isn't worth a duchene level haul, I agree with all of this. but his demeanor, attitude, and comments are pulling leverage from winnipeg, my guess is if he gets dealt, it will not be an unbelievable deal for winnipeg.

I know the jets won’t get much if laine is dealt, which is a big reason why he won’t be dealt.

Also that source of yours is speculating the ask not reporting it. Yes teams have inquired. Every team should inquire on a top goal scorer
Aug. 20, 2019 at 1:30 p.m.
I know the jets won’t get much if laine is dealt, which is a big reason why he won’t be dealt.

Also that source of yours is speculating the ask not reporting it. Yes teams have inquired. Every team should inquire on a top goal scorer

yes but my comment is based on the speculation lol and based on speculation this trade is too much. based on value its too little, but I noted its based on the speculation, idk why you're yelling at me lol

also calling it a source is generous lol
Aug. 20, 2019 at 2:00 p.m.
yes but my comment is based on the speculation lol and based on speculation this trade is too much. based on value its too little, but I noted its based on the speculation, idk why you're yelling at me lol

also calling it a source is generous lol

I honestly wouldn’t even believe that site cause I’ve never seen it before today. Much like hr who usually aren’t accurate

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll