Forums/Armchair-GM

winnipeg - anaheim

Created by: TheTinkler
Team: 2019-20 Anaheim Ducks
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 22, 2019
Published: Aug. 22, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I'm curious about Lindholm's value overall and how much more anaheim might need to add or maybe Winnipeg. Also not sure if this really makes anaheim much better as lindholm is there best dmen at times and reliable as hell but the trade intrigued me. Thanks.
Trades
ANA
  1. Laine, Patrik [RFA Rights]
WPG
  1. Lindholm, Hampus
  2. 2020 2nd round pick (ANA)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
24$81,500,000$61,747,646$0$2,182,500$19,752,354
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$1,541,000$1,541,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$8,250,000$8,250,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$1,456,250$1,456,250
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$3,150,000$3,150,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,463,139$2,463,139
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333
C, LW
RFA - 2
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,498,925$1,498,925
LW
UFA - 2
$1,133,333$1,133,333
C, RW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 7
$6,400,000$6,400,000
G
UFA - 8
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,050,000$2,050,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,125,000$1,125,000 (Performance Bonus$1,200,000$1M)
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$697,500$697,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 2
$894,166$894,166
LD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 22, 2019 at 9:41 a.m.
I don't know if the Ducks do this, especially if they have to add such a high pick. I could be totally off base here but I dont think the ducks would add anything here and if they do I wouldnt go anywhere near this trade
TheTinkler liked this.
Aug. 22, 2019 at 9:43 a.m.
Quoting: Salzy
I don't know if the Ducks do this, especially if they have to add such a high pick. I could be totally off base here but I dont think the ducks would add anything here and if they do I wouldnt go anywhere near this trade

See that's what I was kinda hoping too I feel like Lindholm is way too valuable of a dman to add anything but thought I would start with one of them having the extra value to see thank you.
Salzy liked this.
Aug. 22, 2019 at 9:43 a.m.
Biased Opinion
I like the premise of this trade and am curious what people will say on the matter. Due to recency bias I've noticed most fans think Laine can be acquired at a major discount. An elite goal scorer like him should cost more than a top pair LHD and a 2nd IMO. I think for Winnipeg to pull the trigger on it, Anaheim would need to add a top 6 forward (like Kase) and maybe even an unknown commodity like Sprong. Anyways well done, keep on Tinkling
Salzy liked this.
Aug. 22, 2019 at 9:47 a.m.
Quoting: Barbs
I like the premise of this trade and am curious what people will say on the matter. Due to recency bias I've noticed most fans think Laine can be acquired at a major discount. An elite goal scorer like him should cost more than a top pair LHD and a 2nd IMO. I think for Winnipeg to pull the trigger on it, Anaheim would need to add a top 6 forward (like Kase) and maybe even an unknown commodity like Sprong. Anyways well done, keep on Tinkling[/q

First off thanks my homie second see I'm not sure I see this as a discount for laine I think Lindholm gives Winnipeg the D depth they lost this offseason but I can agree that a pick is something I thought they needed to get it done.
Aug. 22, 2019 at 9:47 a.m.
lol whoops put it in the wrong box.
Aug. 22, 2019 at 9:50 a.m.
So you guys think 3 years of Lindholm is worth potentially 8 years of Laine?
IMO, Anaheim would need to add pieces.
I also think that Lindholm's value to ANA is greater then it would be in Winnipeg
Salzy liked this.
Aug. 22, 2019 at 9:51 a.m.
Quoting: TheTinkler
See that's what I was kinda hoping too I feel like Lindholm is way too valuable of a dman to add anything but thought I would start with one of them having the extra value to see thank you.

In a vacuum strictly player for player, take the teams needs out of the equation I think they're close in value, but the Laine does hold more value based on how elite of a scorer he is. Now bring the teams in to the equation, I don't think the Ducks are in a position where they can add what would be needed to this deal. Lindholm is our best defensman and I can't see us wanting to add to him to get Laine (I'll admit I would love to have him) I just don't see this being a trade fit due to the cost.

I like the premise of this trade and am curious what people will say on the matter. Due to recency bias I've noticed most fans think Laine can be acquired at a major discount. An elite goal scorer like him should cost more than a top pair LHD and a 2nd IMO. I think for Winnipeg to pull the trigger on it, Anaheim would need to add a top 6 forward (like Kase) and maybe even an unknown commodity like Sprong. Anyways well done, keep on Tinkling

The fact that Laine's "down year" was a 30 goal year shows how valuable he is, fans thinking he can be had at a discount are delusional, you don't get elite scores in their 20's for a discount. In a hypothetical deal, say Laine for Lindholm, Kase. That is way to much for the ducks to give up at this stage, when losing Lindholm and Kase but adding Laine doesn't make them overall better imo. Value wise I dont think Kase would be the add for just Laine, I see a pick and maybe Sprong, but even then I think that's too rich for Anaheim
TheTinkler liked this.
Aug. 22, 2019 at 9:54 a.m.
Biased Opinion
lol whoops put it in the wrong box.

For the record I think Lindholm is an incredible player but there are more D who can play like Lindholm than there are forwards who can produce like Laine. There's only a handful of other players who can put up goals at the rate he does and he's only 21 years old with lots of years left to improve. For those reasons he's the more valuable commodity. If Winnipeg wanted to shore up their D (and they should) they would be wise to trade a different player in exchange for help.
Salzy and TheTinkler liked this.
Aug. 22, 2019 at 10:00 a.m.
In a vacuum strictly player for player, take the teams needs out of the equation I think they're close in value, but the Laine does hold more value based on how elite of a scorer he is. Now bring the teams in to the equation, I don't think the Ducks are in a position where they can add what would be needed to this deal. Lindholm is our best defensman and I can't see us wanting to add to him to get Laine (I'll admit I would love to have him) I just don't see this being a trade fit due to the cost.

The fact that Laine's "down year" was a 30 goal year shows how valuable he is, fans thinking he can be had at a discount are delusional, you don't get elite scores in their 20's for a discount. In a hypothetical deal, say Laine for Lindholm, Kase. That is way to much for the ducks to give up at this stage, when losing Lindholm and Kase but adding Laine doesn't make them overall better imo. Value wise I dont think Kase would be the add for just Laine, I see a pick and maybe Sprong, but even then I think that's too rich for Anaheim

For the record I think Lindholm is an incredible player but there are more D who can play like Lindholm than there are forwards who can produce like Laine. There's only a handful of other players who can put up goals at the rate he does and he's only 21 years old with lots of years left to improve. For those reasons he's the more valuable commodity. If Winnipeg wanted to shore up their D (and they should) they would be wise to trade a different player in exchange for help.

Those are all solid opinions I was very curious how this deal would look but I think the reason I think it made sense from my perspective for anaheim was that they would or maybe should be doing a short term rebuild they have a ton of youth but I thought this would add the now scoring depth but I do agree giving up Lindholm would hurt and I can't really see fowler getting the same kind of value so I appreciate the opinions guys. But my overall ruling would be the deal doesn't go through cause it doesn't help anaheim in the way they need it thank you.
Salzy liked this.
Aug. 22, 2019 at 10:01 a.m.
Biased Opinion

The second I brought up Kase I knew you'd comment lol. I respectfully disagree with your evaluation of him (I think he's a really good player for the record) but that's fine because were arguing about the development of a bunch of 20 something year olds playing arguably the world's most chaotic sport. I take solace knowing were probably both wrong
TheTinkler and Salzy liked this.
Aug. 22, 2019 at 10:19 a.m.

Laine's ceiling is a top 5 winger in the league, lindholm is already a top 10 d man in the league, I don't think ANA would need to add much if anything to lindholm, and definitely not Kase and/or Sprong, and as a guy who cheers for both these teams I'd hate it from both their perspectives so... Ig that makes it balanced lol
TheTinkler liked this.
Aug. 22, 2019 at 10:21 a.m.
The second I brought up Kase I knew you'd comment lol. I respectfully disagree with your evaluation of him (I think he's a really good player for the record) but that's fine because were arguing about the development of a bunch of 20 something year olds playing arguably the world's most chaotic sport. I take solace knowing were probably both wrong

Ahah, Kase is primed for a breakout year with a modern day coach and not someone stuck in the mid-late 2000s like carlyle. I would hate to move him before we see what his ceiling is. I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again, I would love Laine in Anaheim but I wouldn't be comfortable giving up Lindholm and Kase to get him, Lindholms Value to the ducks is probably higher than his actual value, and I'm probably higher on Kase than I should be but I'm so intrigued by his potential I would hate to see it get reached elsewhere. Everyone has their opinion, I respect yours, Kase is such an enigma I think it's close to impossible to properly value him atm. His advanced stats shows his potential but he hasnt been healthy enough to fully show it (20P in 30G last year).

He led the Ducks in Corsi for percentage (CF%) at 56.8% in 5-on-5 situations among players who played 30 games or more for the team. Kase also led the team in high danger scoring chances for percentage (HDCF%) in 5-on-5 situations among players who played 30 games or more at 57.2%.

Kase’s CF% was almost 10% better than the Ducks team mark of 47.6% in 5-on-5 situations last season. His HDCF% was more than 10% better than the Ducks team number of 44.8% in 5-on-5 situations last season.

( https://thehockeywriters.com/kase-ducks-2019-20-x-factor/ ) link to an article about him
TheTinkler liked this.
Aug. 22, 2019 at 10:27 a.m.
Quoting: AFOX10900
Laine's ceiling is a top 5 winger in the league, lindholm is already a top 10 d man in the league, I don't think ANA would need to add much if anything to lindholm, and definitely not Kase and/or Sprong, and as a guy who cheers for both these teams I'd hate it from both their perspectives so... Ig that makes it balanced lol

Ahah, Kase is primed for a breakout year with a modern day coach and not someone stuck in the mid-late 2000s like carlyle. I would hate to move him before we see what his ceiling is. I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again, I would love Laine in Anaheim but I wouldn't be comfortable giving up Lindholm and Kase to get him, Lindholms Value to the ducks is probably higher than his actual value, and I'm probably higher on Kase than I should be but I'm so intrigued by his potential I would hate to see it get reached elsewhere. Everyone has their opinion, I respect yours, Kase is such an enigma I think it's close to impossible to properly value him atm. His advanced stats shows his potential but he hasnt been healthy enough to fully show it (20P in 30G last year).

He led the Ducks in Corsi for percentage (CF%) at 56.8% in 5-on-5 situations among players who played 30 games or more for the team. Kase also led the team in high danger scoring chances for percentage (HDCF%) in 5-on-5 situations among players who played 30 games or more at 57.2%.

Kase’s CF% was almost 10% better than the Ducks team mark of 47.6% in 5-on-5 situations last season. His HDCF% was more than 10% better than the Ducks team number of 44.8% in 5-on-5 situations last season.

( https://thehockeywriters.com/kase-ducks-2019-20-x-factor/ ) link to an article about him

See i like both these opinions cause i think the issue with the deal is that it makes enough sense to go through but at the same time both teams would have new holes in there lineup to plug lol and as for kase I agree id really hate to deal him before seeing what he can really do so with that I think we might be trapped in a deadlock with this deal being a good deal but not going to happen. Agree?
Salzy and Dan10900 liked this.
Aug. 22, 2019 at 10:30 a.m.
See i like both these opinions cause i think the issue with the deal is that it makes enough sense to go through but at the same time both teams would have new holes in there lineup to plug lol and as for kase I agree id really hate to deal him before seeing what he can really do so with that I think we might be trapped in a deadlock with this deal being a good deal but not going to happen. Agree?

I can agree with that, This is one of the best ACGMs I've seen in a while, and it's actually led to a healthy, constructive discussion, not a rage fueled mess like most of the threads on here, props to you
TheTinkler liked this.
Aug. 22, 2019 at 10:32 a.m.
Biased Opinion

I like how it ends with both teams are worse off so fair trade lol
TheTinkler, Dan10900 and Salzy liked this.
Aug. 22, 2019 at 10:32 a.m.
I can agree with that, This is one of the best ACGMs I've seen in a while, and it's actually led to a healthy, constructive discussion, not a rage fueled mess like most of the threads on here, props to you

Thank you yeah I'm pleasantly surprised that this turned out to be a solid discussion.
Salzy liked this.
Aug. 22, 2019 at 10:33 a.m.
I like how it ends with both teams are worse off so fair trade lol

its kind of funny but it feels like the real hockey world doesn't it where both sides are left saying why but at the end of the day not really that upset.
Aug. 22, 2019 at 10:34 a.m.

Yup, completely agree
Aug. 22, 2019 at 10:42 a.m.
Biased Opinion
Yup, completely agree

Thank you yeah I'm pleasantly surprised that this turned out to be a solid discussion.

GG everyone. Until the next battle
TheTinkler, Salzy and Dan10900 liked this.
Aug. 22, 2019 at 10:43 a.m.
GG everyone. Until the next battle

GG

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll