NMC
    UFA - 6
    Logo of the New York Rangers
    $5,350,000$5,350,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    LW, RW
    RFA - 2
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    RW
    UFA - 2
    Byfield, Quinton
    $925,000$925,000
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
    RW
    RFA - 2
    $894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    C, LW
    RFA - 1
    $3,250,000$3,250,000
    LW, RW, C
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $809,167$809,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
    RW
    UFA - 2
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $5,250,000$5,250,000
    LD
    UFA - 4
    $8,000,000$8,000,000
    RD
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000
    LD
    RFA - 3
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    $833,333$833,333
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
    G
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $5,700,000$5,700,000
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000
    LD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Sep. 6, 2019 at 9:04 a.m.
    Cup of Coco
    oilers won't do it... but I wish they did
    Spanky227 liked this.
    Sep. 6, 2019 at 9:18 a.m.
    Tspky
    Quoting: warnken21
    oilers won't do it... but I wish they did

if any coach can whip Puljujarvi into shape it would be DQ.. but yeah, it'll probably have to be lottery protected or something at minimum.
    The latest I've heard on the Kreider front is that the NYR are overloaded with offers on Kreider and are doing their due diligence , but supposedly Edmonton offered Puljujarvi, a prospect, and a decent pick.. idk if that included salary coming back or not as well. We will see how it shakes out
    Sep. 6, 2019 at 10:08 a.m.
    Kings v5 GM
    if they could add another center they would be serious contenders. the season after they get a bunch of cap space and they're set
    Spanky227 liked this.
    Sep. 6, 2019 at 10:11 a.m.
    #LeafsFever
    I am not sure why a struggling Oilers team would enter the rental market to begin with? It's in their interest to hold onto their top assets, like their 2019 1st round draft pick.
    Sep. 6, 2019 at 10:18 a.m.
    Tspky
    Quoting: MG1986
    I am not sure why a struggling Oilers team would enter the rental market to begin with? It's in their interest to hold onto their top assets, like their 2019 1st round draft pick.

their 2019 pick was a top 10 pick.. so yeah i get that.. it depends how they start the 2019-20 season. Kreider with McDavid is a lock for 30+ goals if not 35+ goals, you can move drai with RNH and you have a dangerous top 2 lines.. but like i said in the comments above, it would probably have to be lottery protected.

Quoting: Jack_
    if they could add another center they would be serious contenders. the season after they get a bunch of cap space and they're set

That's why I went for Byfield over Lafreniere or Raymond. I really do like the posts where Kreider is traded for Patrick as well. I would melt if they got patrick for kreider (and a bit more), then won the lottery and got Lafreniere. Imagine...

Panarin-Zibanejad-Kravtsov
    Lafreniere-Patrick-Kakko
    Chytil-Howden/Andersson-Buchnevich
    Lemieux-Howden/Andersson-TBD

my mouth is salivating
    Jack_ liked this.
    Sep. 6, 2019 at 12:00 p.m.
    Potvin Sucks
    Quoting: Spanky227
    if any coach can whip Puljujarvi into shape it would be DQ.. but yeah, it'll probably have to be lottery protected or something at minimum.
    The latest I've heard on the Kreider front is that the NYR are overloaded with offers on Kreider and are doing their due diligence , but supposedly Edmonton offered Puljujarvi, a prospect, and a decent pick.. idk if that included salary coming back or not as well. We will see how it shakes out

It should be acknowledged that the above came from Eklund, and hasn’t been confirmed really anywhere else, so it’s probably nonsense. If there was an offer of a 1st plus pieces for Kreider on the table, we would have taken it and not bought out Shattenkirk.

I could certainly see Edmonton in on Kreider though - they are desperate to make the playoffs and keep McDavid happy. But they would know their chances of extending him may be slim and wouldn’t want to overpay for just one season.

I was intrigued by Puljujarvi earlier in the summer but now I think it’s a headache and project we don’t need. Keeping Buchnevich and DeAngelo performing consistently is enough of a task.

It does look like we are anywhere from a narrow miss of the playoffs down to 4-8th worst overall this season, given that half the top 6 is 21 or younger and half the defense is Marc Staal and two rookies. We should be able to add another Top 6 forward prospect to the group - a desperate need unless Lias, Howden or Lemieux make big strides beyond their current 3rd line projected ceiling.

Transaction priorities for this season should be on moving Kreider for a first or an organization’s top 3-4 forward prospect (or the slim chance he will extend at 5 or less years and 6.75m or less per year), extending Fast for cheap or trading him, getting something (anything) for Namestnikov and/or Strome by the deadline.
    Organizational goals should be to develop Keane, Hajek, Lindgren and Rykov into NHL players, sign Miller next summer and get him playing against men, see what we have in Elmer, Gettinger and Henriksson and add more forward prospects.
    I’d like to see, but don’t expect, a 50-50 split in starts between Hank and Georgie.
    Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
    Sep. 6, 2019 at 12:15 p.m.
    Jaromir_Jagr_the_leg
    their 2019 pick was a top 10 pick.. so yeah i get that.. it depends how they start the 2019-20 season. Kreider with McDavid is a lock for 30+ goals if not 35+ goals, you can move drai with RNH and you have a dangerous top 2 lines.. but like i said in the comments above, it would probably have to be lottery protected.

That's why I went for Byfield over Lafreniere or Raymond. I really do like the posts where Kreider is traded for Patrick as well. I would melt if they got patrick for kreider (and a bit more), then won the lottery and got Lafreniere. Imagine...

Lafreniere-Patrick-Kakko

my mouth is salivating

While this would be sick don’t think the lines shape up like this
    Spanky227 liked this.
    Sep. 6, 2019 at 1:17 p.m.
    #LeafsFever

Lafreniere-Patrick-Kakko

my mouth is salivating

Your reply does not address why an Oilers team would be willing to spend so much for a pure rental. "I guess it depends how they start 2019-20" really does nothing to help your argument as to why in the world the Oilers would be so keen to spend like that for a player who almost assuredly will at least test free agency before signing anywhere. So does a first month hot Oilers team enter the rental market? I doubt it. Unlike former GMs, Ken Holland is not a fool. At the very least, I am positive he would wait and see how his team performs at least until the mid-way point, and even then, you need to consider the potential other offers the Rangers will be getting for Kreider. I am sure there is another team out there that can match that offer.
    Sep. 6, 2019 at 2:06 p.m.
    Tspky
    Quoting: MG1986
    Your reply does not address why an Oilers team would be willing to spend so much for a pure rental. "I guess it depends how they start 2019-20" really does nothing to help your argument as to why in the world the Oilers would be so keen to spend like that for a player who almost assuredly will at least test free agency before signing anywhere. So does a first month hot Oilers team enter the rental market? I doubt it. Unlike former GMs, Ken Holland is not a fool. At the very least, I am positive he would wait and see how his team performs at least until the mid-way point, and even then, you need to consider the potential other offers the Rangers will be getting for Kreider. I am sure there is another team out there that can match that offer.

Umm i believe it does, as your question was a "why would a struggling team go for a rental".. if they don't struggle, they'll go for rentals to make McDavid happy and to make a playoff run. If you actually read like i suggested:

A lottery protected pick and a boom/bust prospect is the general price for Kreider or most of the higher end rentals at the deadline. At this point in time, Kreider is likely to be the best forward rental available with most pending UFAs on playoff teams like Washington, Florida, etc. That will increase the price as well. Also taking into consideration Puljujarvi's value is at an all time low, and it will get even worse if he doesn't report by December 1st. I'm not discounting that there could be other teams that wouldn't be able to match the offer in terms of value, but Edmonton has been after kreider all summer. It's clear that he is someone that they want and as I stated he will potentially be the best forward rental on the market come February. I could see wanting insurance that he is open to an extension in Edmonton before the trade goes through yes (like the stone trade last year when Vegas only were going to send Brannstrom if he was open to resigning) but that would probably take away the condition. Also as stated, the Eklund rumor (which is throwing a needle in a needle stack) has edmonton's offer at a decent pick, puljujarvi, and a prospect. Rangers could also take on someone like Manning to increase the return. But yes, like every trade that is posted on here about future moves there are conditions where the teams must be in a position to make the deal (duh), so stop acting like a prototypical leafs fan where you undervalue every player but your own teams. Rangers will get a 1st plus for kreider regardless of an extension in place-- calling my shot now.

Quoting: Widowmaker
    It should be acknowledged that the above came from Eklund, and hasn’t been confirmed really anywhere else, so it’s probably nonsense. If there was an offer of a 1st plus pieces for Kreider on the table, we would have taken it and not bought out Shattenkirk.

I could certainly see Edmonton in on Kreider though - they are desperate to make the playoffs and keep McDavid happy. But they would know their chances of extending him may be slim and wouldn’t want to overpay for just one season.

I was intrigued by Puljujarvi earlier in the summer but now I think it’s a headache and project we don’t need. Keeping Buchnevich and DeAngelo performing consistently is enough of a task.

It does look like we are anywhere from a narrow miss of the playoffs down to 4-8th worst overall this season, given that half the top 6 is 21 or younger and half the defense is Marc Staal and two rookies. We should be able to add another Top 6 forward prospect to the group - a desperate need unless Lias, Howden or Lemieux make big strides beyond their current 3rd line projected ceiling.

Transaction priorities for this season should be on moving Kreider for a first or an organization’s top 3-4 forward prospect (or the slim chance he will extend at 5 or less years and 6.75m or less per year), extending Fast for cheap or trading him, getting something (anything) for Namestnikov and/or Strome by the deadline.
    Organizational goals should be to develop Keane, Hajek, Lindgren and Rykov into NHL players, sign Miller next summer and get him playing against men, see what we have in Elmer, Gettinger and Henriksson and add more forward prospects.
    I’d like to see, but don’t expect, a 50-50 split in starts between Hank and Georgie.

Yeah, that was my original post on here with that rumor. https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1402722

I would love to just keep Strome at his current deal (3.1m) as it won't hamper us in the future. Maybe we could get Namestnikov on a really cheap deal too. I think it's time to move on from Fast as much as that sucks. Just getting up in age, idk if he's worth the investment into his 30s. He's replaceable.

I think the split will end up being 40 games for Hank, 25 for Georgiev, 17 for Shesterkin

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll