Forums/Armchair-GM

THE FINAL PIECE TO THE PUZZLE FOR DUBAS

Created by: TMLSage
Team: 2019-20 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 17, 2020
Published: Jan. 17, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
The Maple Leafs look to add the final piece to the puzzle in winning a Stanley Cup and an absolute game changer in acquiring Brett Pesce from the Carolina Hurricanes. This potential trade would represent the second biggest trade in Maple Leafs history after the Leafs acquired the great Max Bentley on Nov 2, 1947 from the Chicago Blackhawks who was instumental in the Leafs winning the cup in 1948 and 1949. Interested in your comments on this potential trade.
Trades
CAR
  1. Bracco, Jeremy
  2. Ceci, Cody
  3. Johnsson, Andreas
  4. Moore, Trevor
  5. Timashov, Dmytro
  6. 2020 4th round pick (VGK)
  7. 2020 6th round pick (COL)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the STL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$79,998,533$0$265,000$1,501,467
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$11,634,000$11,634,000
C
UFA - 5
$10,893,000$10,893,000
RW
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 4
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 3
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 1
$759,167$759,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
C
UFA - 1
$767,500$767,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
NTC
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 3
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$4,025,000$4,025,000
RD
UFA - 5
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 18, 2020 at 12:02 a.m.
Banned
Are you looking sometime at what happen around the Nhl? Or you are just stick with the maple leafs and don’t know anything that happen around the league. First of all the canes have already rejected many offer for pesce from your side. They haven’t A trade for nylander they won’t take a bunch of hot trash for him. And it’s even more actuality since dougie hamilton broke is leg this week. The canes have absolutely no interest in that garbage package.
mokumboi liked this.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 12:17 a.m.
GM - Canucks
Edited Jan. 18, 2020 at 12:38 a.m.
Quoting: Sebybbqpower
Are you looking sometime at what happen around the Nhl? Or you are just stick with the maple leafs and don’t know anything that happen around the league. First of all the canes have already rejected many offer for pesce from your side. They haven’t A trade for nylander they won’t take a bunch of hot trash for him. And it’s even more actuality since dougie hamilton broke is leg this week. The canes have absolutely no interest in that garbage package.

Are you saying that Johnsson and Moore are not long-term NHL players and Bracco does not have the potential to be an offensive impact player in the NHL? Let alone the draft picks and Timashov and Ceci thrown into the deal to give the Canes another defenceman to finish out their season which is going to be a shipwreck without Hamilton. The reality is the Canes season just went down the drain with the injury to Hamilton and the team might be more interested in continuing the rebuild with more quality young players. Looking to Canes to promote their quality minor league defenceman to play out the rest of season. Do not think that Pesce is even close to Nylander in value and would be really interested in what you think the Leafs would need to give up to get him.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 12:27 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: TMLSage
Are you saying that Johnsson and Moore are not long-term NHL players and Bracco does not have any potential to be an offensive impact player in the NHL? Let alone the draft picks and Timashow and Ceci thrown into the deal to give the Canes another defenceman to finish out their season which is going to be shipwreck without Hamilton. The reality is the Canes season just went down the drain with the injury to Hamilton and team might be more interested in continuing the rebuild with more quality young players. Looking to Canes to promote their quality minor league defenceman to play out rest of season. Do not think that Pesce is even close to Nylander in value and would be really interested in what you think Leafs would need to give up to get him.

No carolina is not interested at all in bracco or moore or either johnsson or kapanen. Pesce is one of the best defensive minded right shot defenseman in the league. He play a tons of minutes against top opposition and is sign at a very good contract for 4 more years . This trade is pure garbage and you should be ashamed. The canes actually have a plenty of better prospect then the Maples
Leafs and a tons of draft pick. So no they aren’t interested at all
Jan. 18, 2020 at 12:30 a.m.
Banned
Are you saying that Johnsson and Moore are not long-term NHL players and Bracco does not have the potential to be an offensive impact player in the NHL? Let alone the draft picks and Timashow and Ceci thrown into the deal to give the Canes another defenceman to finish out their season which is going to be shipwreck without Hamilton. The reality is the Canes season just went down the drain with the injury to Hamilton and the team might be more interested in continuing the rebuild with more quality young players. Looking to Canes to promote their quality minor league defenceman to play out rest of season. Do not think that Pesce is even close to Nylander in value and would be really interested in what you think the Leafs would need to give up to get him.

And if you have a certain knowledge about hockey you would know that the canes have tremendous depth on their blueline. They have jake bean who is nhl ready down in charlotte. Trevor van riemdyk, hayden fleury, they’re season isn’t in jeopardy. They will make the playoff and will probably go farther then the maple leafs if they get a number one goalie.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 12:34 a.m.
GM - Canucks
No carolina is not interested at all in bracco or moore or either johnsson or kapanen. Pesce is one of the best defensive minded right shot defenseman in the league. He play a tons of minutes against top opposition and is sign at a very good contract for 4 more years . This trade is pure garbage and you should be ashamed. The canes actually have a plenty of better prospect then the Maples
Leafs and a tons of draft pick. So no they aren’t interested at all

I value your opinion but you still have not said what you think Carolina would be willing to accept if they would even entertain trading Pesce to the Leafs. I actually have Hamilton and Slavin ranked ahead of him so I am interested in what you think he is worth.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 12:42 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
The Canes who were Eastern division finalists last spring sure wouldn't want to trade Pesce to the Leafs, if Pesce was the Cup solution for the Leafs. By the way a terrible trade for Canes who just lost RHD Hamilton to injury
Sebybbqpower liked this.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 12:46 a.m.
Banned
I value your opinion but you still have not said what you think Carolina would be willing to accept if they would even entertain trading Pesce to the Leafs. I actually have Hamilton and Slavin ranked ahead of him so I am interested in what you think he is worth.

The canes wouldn’t trade him to any team unless they get a top centerman. That would be the only pieces that carolina would be interest in.
TMLSage liked this.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 12:57 a.m.
GM - Canucks
The canes wouldn’t trade him to any team unless they get a top centerman. That would be the only pieces that carolina would be interest in.

So would you be willing to trade Pesce straight up for Nylander?
Jan. 18, 2020 at 1:04 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo

Would love to know where you get your inside info from. Pesce nylander was never on the table and if it was I assume dubas rejected it. Obviously they win’t Move Pesce with Hamilton out.

Maybe Hamilton isn’t the backbone of the defence but there offence seems to be hurt.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 1:05 a.m.
Banned
So would you be willing to trade Pesce straight up for Nylander?

Maybe pesce and a prospect or a pick for nylander. But yeah this is the pieces that the canes would be looking for. But i really doubt that they are interested in trading him.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 1:09 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Jamiepo
Would love to know where you get your inside info from. Pesce nylander was never on the table and if it was I assume dubas rejected it. Obviously they win’t Move Pesce with Hamilton out.

Maybe Hamilton isn’t the backbone of the defence but there offence seems to be hurt.

And you arrived to that conclusion in one game? There offence will be find without hamilton. He was good for them clearly but he isnt the reason the cane have success. They have a lot of depth up front behind aho shevchnikov and teuraveinen and on defense their are stack. Their biggest issues is between the pipes
Jan. 18, 2020 at 1:26 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
And you arrived to that conclusion in one game? There offence will be find without hamilton. He was good for them clearly but he isnt the reason the cane have success. They have a lot of depth up front behind aho shevchnikov and teuraveinen and on defense their are stack. Their biggest issues is between the pipes

So losing Hamilton doesn’t hurt their offence? That makes no sense. Yes one of their biggest problems is between the pipes. I’m not even sure what your argument is here...
TMLSage liked this.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 1:29 a.m.
GM - Canucks
Edited Jan. 18, 2020 at 1:58 a.m.

I think you do not undertand that the Canes had a Cinderella season last year and the team rallied around their goofly Storm Surge after Cherry called them out. Dougie Hamilton is a major force and contributor to the team's success last year and his absence is going to cause the Canes ship to take on alot of water and start to sink. Also think they were crazy to trade Justin Faulk. The fact that they just signed Justin Williams as UFA to come back shows there are alot more concerns about this team that you are acknowledging.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 1:36 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
I think you do undertand that the Canes had a Cinderella season last year and the team rallied around their goofly Storm Surge after Cherry called them out. Dougie Hamilton is a major force and contributor to the team's success last year and his absence is going to cause the Canes ship to take on alot of water and start to sink. Also think they were crazy to trade Justin Faulk. The fact that they just signed Justin Williams as UFA to come back shows there are alot more concerns about this team that you are acknowledging.

You do realize dubas pitches Williams right? He is a playoff performer. I don’t think they sink without hamilton. It’s one player. But with or without him their season could go either way.
TMLSage liked this.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 1:54 a.m.
GM - Canucks
You do realize dubas pitches Williams right? He is a playoff performer. I don’t think they sink without hamilton. It’s one player. But with or without him their season could go either way.

I heard the rumour of Justin Williams signing with the Leafs but did not really think it was a good fit for either side unless Dubas wanted him to implement and lead a new Leafs storm surge after every home game to build team chemistry. I think it was more of Dubas helping him out by showing some interest so he gets signed somewhere else in the NHL and more similar to how Dubas has been helping out Phaneuf to get educated in hockey management to help the Leafs score some more goodwill with players and agents on other teams in the NHL. I am well aware of Mr. Game 7's playoff reputation but do you really think he is going to take Marner, Nylander or Kapanen's position at right wing on the first 3 lines for the Leafs.

Time will tell but I actually do think the Canes season is going to sink without Hamilton who is an allstar defenceman in the NHL.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 1:58 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
I heard the rumour of Justin Williams signing with the Leafs but did not really think it was a good fit for either side unless Dubas wanted him to implement and lead a new Leafs storm surge after every home game to build team chemistry. I think it was more of Dubas helping him out by showing some interest so he gets signed somewhere else in the NHL and more similar to how Dubas has been helping out Phaneuf to get educated in hockey management to help the Leafs score some more goodwill with players and agents on other teams in the NHL. I am well aware of Mr. Game 7's playoff reputation but do you really think he is going to take Marner, Nylander or Kapanen's position at right wing on the first 3 lines for the Leafs.

Time will tell but I actually do think the Canes season is going to sink without Hamilton who is an allstar defenceman in the NHL.

I do enjoy listening to your passive aggressive shots at the surge.
TMLSage liked this.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 2:08 a.m.
GM - Canucks
I do enjoy listening to your passive aggressive shots at the surge.

I actually really liked the Storm Surge and think every NHL team should adopt it for the fan entertainment value and team bonding value it brings to a team. It is a lot more interesting and creative than the players skating to centre ice after the game and waiving their sticks around. You could also see that all the Canes players really enjoyed participating in the Surge themselves. Think Marner would be the best Leaf to lead the Leafs storm surge as he knows how to have alot of fun.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 2:28 a.m.
Banned
I think you do not undertand that the Canes had a Cinderella season last year and the team rallied around their goofly Storm Surge after Cherry called them out. Dougie Hamilton is a major force and contributor to the team's success last year and his absence is going to cause the Canes ship to take on alot of water and start to sink. Also think they were crazy to trade Justin Faulk. The fact that they just signed Justin Williams as UFA to come back shows there are alot more concerns about this team that you are acknowledging.

The canes was maybe a surprise last year but this year no one is surprised by this team. They have one of the best defense in the entire league. With slavin,pesce,hamilton,Edmundston,fleury,gardiner, van riemsdyk and offensively they have some really good yound players. Aho teuvarainen shevchnikov and they had a dzingel haula with the emergence of martin necas. This team is for real, they can score goal and can play defense. Dougie Hamilton was having a good season but this team have plenty of depth to replace him.

The leafs should be seller Since reilly is out for 2 month. Is the exact same reasoning that you have here for the canes.

It is absolutely no surprise that williams is back with the team. Everyone knows that williams would come back with the canes for the playoff strech. There no big deal over that announcement. You don’t seem to realize that the canes have the same amount of point that the maple leafs. They have a +23 ratio for goal score and allowed that is good for the 7th place in the league. Not bad for a cinderella team. I think that you just don’t watch enough of hockey outside of the maple leaf to realize of how good the Carolina Hurricanes is.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 2:36 a.m.
Banned
So losing Hamilton doesn’t hurt their offence? That makes no sense. Yes one of their biggest problems is between the pipes. I’m not even sure what your argument is here...

On the lastest news hurricanes still have aho, shevchnikov and teuvarainen who are all over the 40 point mark. They have 6 forward with 10 + goal and 10 players with 20+ point. I mean this is a spread offense, sure hamilton will have a affect but its not as bad as you think. I mean hamilton isnt the motor of the team. The canes still have enough depth to continue without him. Gardiner can take the powerplay duties.

You are talking about hamilton like is the second coming of bobby orr. It’s not like he was the only players who was having succes in carolina.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 2:48 a.m.
GM - Canucks
Edited Jan. 18, 2020 at 2:56 a.m.
The canes was maybe a surprise last year but this year no one is surprised by this team. They have one of the best defense in the entire league. With slavin,pesce,hamilton,Edmundston,fleury,gardiner, van riemsdyk and offensively they have some really good yound players. Aho teuvarainen shevchnikov and they had a dzingel haula with the emergence of martin necas. This team is for real, they can score goal and can play defense. Dougie Hamilton was having a good season but this team have plenty of depth to replace him.

The leafs should be seller Since reilly is out for 2 month. Is the exact same reasoning that you have here for the canes.

It is absolutely no surprise that williams is back with the team. Everyone knows that williams would come back with the canes for the playoff strech. There no big deal over that announcement. You don’t seem to realize that the canes have the same amount of point that the maple leafs. They have a +23 ratio for goal score and allowed that is good for the 7th place in the league. Not bad for a cinderella team. I think that you just don’t watch enough of hockey outside of the maple leaf to realize of how good the Carolina Hurricanes is.

I agree to disagree with you on how well the Canes are going to do without Dougie Hamilton who is an NHL Allstar. Last time I checked they had lost their last 3 games and signed back Justin Williams which seems to show a little bit of concern within the team. The Canes had a much better defence last year with Justin Faulk over Gardiner and Edmundston. Best part of the Canes is actually Rod Brind'Amour who is a tremendous motivator and player's coash who lets his players play the game. You might be right about Canes fortunes but really think they caught alot of teams by surprise last year and their party is comming to an end.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 3:06 a.m.
Banned
I agree to disagree with you on how well the Canes are going to do without Dougie Hamilton who is an NHL Allstar. Last time I checked they had lost their last 3 games and signed back Justin Williams which seems to show a little bit of concern within the team. The Canes had a much better defence last year with Justin Faulk over Gardiner and Edmundston. Best part of the Canes is actually Rod Brind'Amour who is a tremendous motivator and player's coash who lets his players play the game. You might be right about Canes fortunes but really think they caught alot of teams by surprise last year and their party is comming to an end.

I would be more surprise if the canes miss the playoff then if the leafs do. Reilly mean much more to the leafs then hamilton to the canes

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll