$675,000$675,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 3
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 25, 2020 at 3:24 a.m.
Edited Feb. 25, 2020 at 7:11 a.m.
But...but.....Lorito, Salomaki and Veronneau.....
Feb. 25, 2020 at 7:10 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I'm kinda glad they did nothing on Monday. They are without their first three picks.....so essential a lost draft year. And really there is no one available that would have made THAT much of a difference in this years team. So the Leaf sink or swim with this team. (mostly sink). But the summer is the time for team adjustment. Two competent NHL Dmen are needed. Really that's about all.
Feb. 25, 2020 at 8:45 a.m.
Halidec
Quoting: palhal
I'm kinda glad they did nothing on Monday. They are without their first three picks.....so essential a lost draft year. And really there is no one available that would have made THAT much of a difference in this years team. So the Leaf sink or swim with this team. (mostly sink). But the summer is the time for team adjustment. Two competent NHL Dmen are needed. Really that's about all.

Though I understand why you think only 2 dman are needed i honestly think there is another core issue with this roster. That is a lack of heart and passion for the game. If last saturdays game does not wake up this roster and change their effort level i could actually see a house cleaning occuring in the roster this offseason.
Feb. 25, 2020 at 8:57 a.m.

I disagree. I think a move was necessary yesterday. I'm very much a Dubas supporter, but this is the most disappointed I've been with him as the GM. I think you're right that there was no one out there who could have made a big difference, but that's the problem imo. The issues with this team are deeper than a missing piece; they don't TRY, and we know they don't because we just saw what it looks like when they do against Pittsburgh and it was amazing... And then they played the most embarrassing game in Leafs history. I can't see how it makes any sense to stand pat at this deadline. Pick a lane. Either add because you think they have a chance if you do, or sell because you don't. Personally I would have sold. Barrie at minimum, maybe more. Send a message to these players saying 'If you're going to be playing like this, not only are you not getting help to make the playoffs, we are taking away from the roster because you clearly don't have what it takes'. Let them miss the playoffs and maybe next year they'll come back and actually give a ****. Use the assets that you got from the trades to retool in the summer.
Feb. 25, 2020 at 9:00 a.m.
Edited Feb. 25, 2020 at 11:55 a.m.

Two big opportunities were missed in this TDL :

1) Barrie, who will walk after this Season ( another one of those )

2) Hyman, who is on pace of 60 Points and will be "only rental" next year and will also walk in 2021

Packed with Kerfoot, Dermott, Holl, Tymashov and Malgin plus remaining 2nds and 3rds would for sure move some needles and 2 Ds would be here for this Season already. Now its just another ( second out of four ) window year lost with Tavares in fold till he will start declining. Not that next FA is boosted with quality Ds.

But thats what you get when you cave against 22y old youngsters ( Chiarelli had same situation, pulled it out just as he should ), you are phoney bad-assing with " we can and we will" and other GMs are seeing you as a spoiled bigmouth geek...noone comes to help but they are taking away your 1sts and laugh behind your back on those cognac sipping meetings for people over 50.
Feb. 25, 2020 at 9:26 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Laudan
Two big opportunities were missed in this TDL :

1) Barrie, who will walk after this Season ( another one of those )

2) Hyman, who is on pace of 60 Points and will be "only rental" next year and will also walk in 2021

Packed with Kerfoot, Dermott, Holl, Tymashov and Malgin plus remaining 2nds and 3rds would for sure move some needles and 2 Ds would be here for this Season already. Now its just another ( second out of four ) window year lost with Tavares in fold till he will start declining. Not that next FA is boosted with quality Ds.

But thats what you get when you cave against 22y old youngsters ( Ciarelli had same situation, pulled it out just as he should ), you are phoney bad-assing with " we can and we will" and other GMs are seeing you as a spoiled bigmouth geek...noone comes to help but they are taking away your 1sts and laugh behind your back on those cognac sipping meetings for people over 40.

Sorry, I don't agree with philosophy of teams having to trade their upcoming UFAs. Part of teams growth is the playoff chase and even making the playoffs. Barrie return would have minimal...look what Jersey got for Vatanen. Hyman he's an important part of the team...so what if one has year left? Do other teams playoff or contending teams panic and trade their potential UFAs. No.
Feb. 25, 2020 at 9:30 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
I disagree.

I've been as critical as anyone about Barrie...but you just can't say get rid of him without getting a replacement. But realistically who could the Leafs obtained that really could have changed their fortunes this season? No one. And really there probably hasn't been one trade posted of the thousands of Leafs trades proposed that really make a difference to this season.
Feb. 25, 2020 at 9:33 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Halidec
Though I understand why you think only 2 dman are needed i honestly think there is another core issue with this roster. That is a lack of heart and passion for the game. If last saturdays game does not wake up this roster and change their effort level i could actually see a house cleaning occuring in the roster this offseason.

Yep, I understand your "summer house cleaning" theory. Maybe the Leafs management (and players) will think just not making the playoffs will be enough of a "spanking" to wake them for next season. But agree with that something will be done this summer. IMO nothing could have done at TDL to advance the team this year.
Feb. 25, 2020 at 9:43 a.m.
Halidec
Yep, I understand your "summer house cleaning" theory. Maybe the Leafs management (and players) will think just not making the playoffs will be enough of a "spanking" to wake them for next season. But agree with that something will be done this summer. IMO nothing could have done at TDL to advance the team this year.

I agree and it wouldn't shock if it gets leaked that management told the roster you have done nothing to prove to us you are ready to win and due to that you can sink or swim with who you have. I also agree that seeing NJ really got nothing for their rental dubas was wise to stay put. I really hope for all leaf fans that this team has finally hit rock bottom and will realize that they need to start play to their ablity every game and not down to the level they think a team is going to play them. Also, they wanted Babcock fired knowing who Dubas was going to hire and if they won't play for him this organization will need to rethink this roster cause like Dubas said earlier on in this season he built this team to be skilled and mentally tough so lets see if he was right or did he put his faith in a bunch of entitled children who just want to be paid.
Feb. 25, 2020 at 9:46 a.m.
Quoting: Halidec
I agree and it wouldn't shock if it gets leaked that management told the roster you have done nothing to prove to us you are ready to win and due to that you can sink or swim with who you have. I also agree that seeing NJ really got nothing for their rental dubas was wise to stay put. I really hope for all leaf fans that this team has finally hit rock bottom and will realize that they need to start play to their ablity every game and not down to the level they think a team is going to play them. Also, they wanted Babcock fired knowing who Dubas was going to hire and if they won't play for him this organization will need to rethink this roster cause like Dubas said earlier on in this season he built this team to be skilled and mentally tough so lets see if he was right or did he put his faith in a bunch of entitled children who just want to be paid.

Nicely put...
Feb. 25, 2020 at 11:49 a.m.
Edited Feb. 25, 2020 at 4:04 p.m.
Sorry, I don't agree with philosophy of teams having to trade their upcoming UFAs. Part of teams growth is the playoff chase and even making the playoffs. Barrie return would have minimal...look what Jersey got for Vatanen. Hyman he's an important part of the team...so what if one has year left? Do other teams playoff or contending teams panic and trade their potential UFAs. No.

You call that panic ? in my books its noted under : using best expandables to distributing power and balancing both ends of the ice surface.....

Also i think we can't talk about Vatanen and Barrie in the same sentence.....
Feb. 25, 2020 at 11:52 a.m.

Exactly. There were no moves to make at the deadline to improve this team enough as needed. So sell. I can't speak for everyone, but based on what I've seen, this team does not have a chance at the cup, and usually I'm of the mind 'just make the playoffs, and you never know from there'. To trade Barrie and get back anything is better than not trading him, because you will lose him in the summer anyways after doing nothing in the playoffs because this team won't win with or without Barrie. You don't need a replacement in the trade because you wouldn't have gotten one anyway if he walks.
Feb. 25, 2020 at 10:16 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Exactly. There were no moves to make at the deadline to improve this team enough as needed. So sell. I can't speak for everyone, but based on what I've seen, this team does not have a chance at the cup, and usually I'm of the mind 'just make the playoffs, and you never know from there'. To trade Barrie and get back anything is better than not trading him, because you will lose him in the summer anyways after doing nothing in the playoffs because this team won't win with or without Barrie. You don't need a replacement in the trade because you wouldn't have gotten one anyway if he walks.

But that logic, the 16 teams that have "no chance" on October 5th....yea we won't win the Cup, sell all their upcoming UFAs By January 1st, another eight teams that have no chance just trade away their upcoming UFAs cans you can't let them walk.
Feb. 25, 2020 at 10:19 p.m.
But that logic, the 16 teams that have "no chance" on October 5th....yea we won't win the Cup, sell all their upcoming UFAs By January 1st, another eight teams that have no chance just trade away their upcoming UFAs cans you can't let them walk.

Can you phrase this differently? I have no idea what you are trying to say.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll