RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$900,000
2$1,500,000
6$6,000,000
6$5,500,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
5$7,000,000
Offer Sheets
Offer sheet annual average (AAV) is calculated by dividing the contract value by the lower of: 1. The contract length, or 2. Five years
PLAYERAAVCOMPENSATION
Sergachev, Mikhail$7,200,000
2021 1st round pick
2021 2nd round pick
2021 3rd round pick
Trades
MTL
ANA
  1. Alzner, Karl
Additional Details:
cbo
MTL
  1. Mrázek, Petr
Additional Details:
There were reports that Carolina wants to go after Lehner. They would have to trade on of their goalies to sign him
CAR
  1. Lindgren, Charlie
  2. 2021 4th round pick (VGK)
  3. 2021 5th round pick (OTT)
MTL
  1. Andersson, Lias
  2. 2021 3rd round pick (BUF)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the STL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$78,347,975$0$3,057,500$3,152,025
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$4,800,000$4,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$3,083,333$3,083,333
C
UFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$763,333$763,333
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 6
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$3,125,000$3,125,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RW, LW
RFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 10, 2020 at 12:36 p.m.
Banned
all habs fans just move on from Sergachev
EzioUchiha liked this.
Apr. 10, 2020 at 12:38 p.m.
Banned
Go ahead and os him, Doesn't mean he'll sign it. Why would he leave Tampa to go back to Montreal? Hab fans need to get over the obsession with Sergachev. He's not going back there so move on.
skriko liked this.
Apr. 10, 2020 at 12:52 p.m.
"Rumours"....then you say Its your belief.

There are no rumours that Montreal will do this, and there is no indication that Sergachev would even agree to an offer sheet if it was presented to him.
if was was willing to agree to a reasonable offer sheet contract, there are multiple other teams would offer that and he would sign with over Montreal, you think he would pick the team that got rid of him?
Apr. 10, 2020 at 12:54 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: coga16
"Rumours"....then you say Its your belief.

There are no rumours that Montreal will do this, and there is no indication that Sergachev would even agree to an offer sheet if it was presented to him.

People were saying that would happened idk what you mean.
Apr. 10, 2020 at 12:55 p.m.
Quoting: Torontoleafs15
People were saying that would happened idk what you mean.

you mean Montreal fans on the website and twitter and not rumours from people with any connections or sources. And there is no talk about offer sheeting players right not within teams based on where they are in the postponed season and no cap announced.

Its Montreal fans fantasy scenario not a credible rumour
Apr. 10, 2020 at 1:27 p.m.
you mean Montreal fans on the website and twitter and not rumours from people with any connections or sources. And there is no talk about offer sheeting players right not within teams based on where they are in the postponed season and no cap announced.

Its Montreal fans fantasy scenario not a credible rumour

For once, the guy who wrote this is a Leafs fan lmao
Apr. 10, 2020 at 1:28 p.m.
Banned
There's no such thing as rumors of Montreal offer sheeting Sergachev, This is just made up nonsense. Right now we don't even know th current situation. If the NHL resumes say August and the cup is awarded say September there's probably only going to be a short one month period for free agency if they want to start the season in November. hence there probably isn't going to be much time for teams to offer sheet players.
Apr. 10, 2020 at 1:30 p.m.
Then again, the creator might not be a Leafs fans but something tells me IF Habs were stuck in the same situation as the Sharks currently are (losing a top 3 lottery pick to Ottawa), some Habs fans would make unrealistic trade to get back that 2020 pick.
Apr. 10, 2020 at 1:35 p.m.
Quoting: EzioUchiha
For once, the guy who wrote this is a Leafs fan lmao

Oh I know, just it’s a general comment.
Montreal tried to do the offer sheet route last offseason and failed, just bc they did it once in aho and tried to with point that they will build another offseason plan on the riskiest way to add to a roster
Apr. 10, 2020 at 1:38 p.m.
Habs
Edited Apr. 10, 2020 at 1:46 p.m.
Oh I know, just it’s a general comment.
Montreal tried to do the offer sheet route last offseason and failed, just bc they did it once in aho and tried to with point that they will build another offseason plan on the riskiest way to add to a roster

Offersheeting Sergachev is probably the best option for MTL this offseason, even if TB figures out how to match it.

Someone had better offersheet Sergachev because TB's cap is screwed right now and they signed everyone to NTC's so they will have a hard time freeing up space.
Apr. 10, 2020 at 2:04 p.m.
Quoting: CaptainFlynnt
Offersheeting Sergachev is probably the best option for MTL this offseason, even if TB figures out how to match it.

Someone had better offersheet Sergachev because TB's cap is screwed right now and they signed everyone to NTC's so they will have a hard time freeing up space.

Killorn has a m ntc after July 1 so they can move on from him. They need a buyout or trade of Johnson or gorde then they will be fine.

I really don’t see him accepting an offersheet from any team. With how point said he won’t entertain any offer sheets and signed a friendly 3 year deal. I can see serg doing the same thing. That groups in it together especially sacraficing futures to get cheap guys in goodrow abd Coleman. They did that they are going to move out major top 9 fwds so they got their cheap 1 year replacements
Apr. 10, 2020 at 2:26 p.m.
Habs
Killorn has a m ntc after July 1 so they can move on from him. They need a buyout or trade of Johnson or gorde then they will be fine.

I really don’t see him accepting an offersheet from any team. With how point said he won’t entertain any offer sheets and signed a friendly 3 year deal. I can see serg doing the same thing. That groups in it together especially sacraficing futures to get cheap guys in goodrow abd Coleman. They did that they are going to move out major top 9 fwds so they got their cheap 1 year replacements

If they trade Killorn, get a CBO for Gourde or Johnson, AND convince Sergachev and Cirelli to take pay cuts, then yes they will be able to keep Sergachev. If a habs fan posted a team with that many ifs everyone would be ripping the poster.

At the end of the day Tampa is still losing two forwards who are a big part of there group, and then they are relying on guys taking pay cuts.
Apr. 10, 2020 at 2:40 p.m.
If they trade Killorn, get a CBO for Gourde or Johnson, AND convince Sergachev and Cirelli to take pay cuts, then yes they will be able to keep Sergachev. If a habs fan posted a team with that many ifs everyone would be ripping the poster.

At the end of the day Tampa is still losing two forwards who are a big part of there group, and then they are relying on guys taking pay cuts.

All I’m saying is people are acting like it’s a forgone conclusion they will lose someone on an offer sheet. They have a lot of work to do but I think it’s a better chance they keep their rfas and trade guys who are good and will get good assets back vs letting guys go just for picks.

As an example avs could be a player on killorn, dangling a jost level player that’s cheap and cost controlled. There are options and strong market for the Tampa wingers
Apr. 10, 2020 at 2:53 p.m.

Except trading Killorn is not really an if, just a when, if the cap goes up then they don't need a cbo amd if it stays flat or goes down slightly then they very likely get one, as do many other cap crunched teams. They aren't pay cuts unless you're a fan of a team that ridiculously overpays their young players and think it's just unfair Tampa actually has players that buy in to the nb team's structure and not just $, and finally, yes Tampa will lose 2 or 3 role players, not core or future core guys, and already made deals for 2 replacements in Coleman and Goodrow. That coupled with quite a few players that are more than capable of filling a bottom 6 role from Syracuse or cheap free agent signing, and Tampa will be fine. Tampa is not in that bad of shape and won't be losing their rfa's. It's the same story we heard with Kucherov to a lesser degree, Stamkos when he was good as gone in ufa and esp last year with Point. And yet they are all still with Tampa, I'll continue to bet on Tampa keeping these guys as well.
Apr. 10, 2020 at 2:55 p.m.
Quoting: JTBF81
Except trading Killorn is not really an if, just a when, if the cap goes up then they don't need a cbo amd if it stays flat or goes down slightly then they very likely get one, as do many other cap crunched teams. They aren't pay cuts unless you're a fan of a team that ridiculously overpays their young players and think it's just unfair Tampa actually has players that buy in to the nb team's structure and not just $, and finally, yes Tampa will lose 2 or 3 role players, not core or future core guys, and already made deals for 2 replacements in Coleman and Goodrow. That coupled with quite a few players that are more than capable of filling a bottom 6 role from Syracuse or cheap free agent signing, and Tampa will be fine. Tampa is not in that bad of shape and won't be losing their rfa's. It's the same story we heard with Kucherov to a lesser degree, Stamkos when he was good as gone in ufa and esp last year with Point. And yet they are all still with Tampa, I'll continue to bet on Tampa keeping these guys as well.

I can really see avs in on killorn and build a trade around jost for him. I think it can be win win for both teams.
Apr. 10, 2020 at 3:11 p.m.
Habs
All I’m saying is people are acting like it’s a forgone conclusion they will lose someone on an offer sheet. They have a lot of work to do but I think it’s a better chance they keep their rfas and trade guys who are good and will get good assets back vs letting guys go just for picks.

As an example avs could be a player on killorn, dangling a jost level player that’s cheap and cost controlled. There are options and strong market for the Tampa wingers

They dont need cost controlled to replace killorn they need $700K, literally. If they trade killorn and fill the roster to 19 players with only $700K guys they only have $6.2M to make a 20 man roster.

This is being generous as I doubt they add 6 guys at $700K and only run a 20 man roster for the whole year.

They will be losing at least 2 important players this offseason if the cap stays flat. A CBO helps them defend offersheets but TB has no obvious candidates to buyout.
Apr. 10, 2020 at 3:17 p.m.
I can really see avs in on killorn and build a trade around jost for him. I think it can be win win for both teams.

I'm sure the Avs will be a possible trading partner since I could definitely see them as a team Killorn would go to. Not sure about Jost though, as Tampa would immediately have to re-sign him to a new deal and that could be difficult depending on what Jost is looking for in terms of length and $. I believe that fir Killorn it all comes down to if several teams are interested, then he gets a late 1st type value but at worst he should get a 2nd+3rd. I can also see it something like 2nd+solid prospect or additional 2nd type value as well.
Apr. 10, 2020 at 3:21 p.m.
They dont need cost controlled to replace killorn they need $700K, literally. If they trade killorn and fill the roster to 19 players with only $700K guys they only have $6.2M to make a 20 man roster.

This is being generous as I doubt they add 6 guys at $700K and only run a 20 man roster for the whole year.

They will be losing at least 2 important players this offseason if the cap stays flat. A CBO helps them defend offersheets but TB has no obvious candidates to buyout.

Either Gourde or Johnson are easily the guys who would get bought out, and it saves Tampa 5 million more. They also don't need to fill the roster with a bunch of 700k guys just to get to 20, a 22 player roster with a flat cap and a cbo can work without that much difficulty, and worst case scenario they go with 21. They have been at 22 for much of this season so it's not like 23 is mandatory.
Apr. 10, 2020 at 3:23 p.m.
Habs
Either Gourde or Johnson are easily the guys who would get bought out, and it saves Tampa 5 million more. They also don't need to fill the roster with a bunch of 700k guys just to get to 20, a 22 player roster with a flat cap and a cbo can work without that much difficulty, and worst case scenario they go with 21. They have been at 22 for much of this season so it's not like 23 is mandatory.

Wanna throw a team together to see what it would like like please? Tag me here with team name I'll check it out, I'm genuinely curious I havent tried seeing what it looks like with a CBO, but without one I know they are screwed
Apr. 10, 2020 at 3:35 p.m.
I'm sure the Avs will be a possible trading partner since I could definitely see them as a team Killorn would go to. Not sure about Jost though, as Tampa would immediately have to re-sign him to a new deal and that could be difficult depending on what Jost is looking for in terms of length and $. I believe that fir Killorn it all comes down to if several teams are interested, then he gets a late 1st type value but at worst he should get a 2nd+3rd. I can also see it something like 2nd+solid prospect or additional 2nd type value as well.

Jost would he in the 1.5m range bridge deal aav at the very most,

The other guy would be kamanev who would be cheaper than jost and needs to be able to play in a lineup somewhere. Not sure if he moves the needle for the bolts
Apr. 10, 2020 at 3:40 p.m.

did I not say that already that they will move Killorn and will either look at moving Johnson or a buyout situation with Gorde?
Apr. 10, 2020 at 4:14 p.m.
Habs
did I not say that already that they will move Killorn and will either look at moving Johnson or a buyout situation with Gorde?

Obviously, everyone knows that's what they would do to defend against an offersheet. I've said that numerous times before.

I want to see what the team looks like, it's easier said than done.

I doubt they can take somebody like Jost back for Killorn, they need like league minimum cheap.

A friendly challenge to you to, make a team, post it, see what it looks like. If they trade killorn and buyout johnson or gourde they have $16.1M to fill 9 roster spots to get to a minimum of 20. That is an average of $1.78M per player. Show me what that would look like. If you somehow get Sergachev and Cirille at a combined $9M there is $7.1M left for 7 guys. Now does Sergachev accept $4.5M or does he want a $7M offersheet? If he wants $7M there is only $4.6M left for 7 guys... which isn't possible since they would need $4.9M.

It's not going to be easy for TB to get their roster figured out with a flat cap unless there guys take cheap contracts. People say Point took a cheap contract, he still got $6M+ on a bridge. Sergachev could ask for the same thing.

Edit:
Add the fact that I doubt TB runs a 20 man roster, so you probably want to add $16.1M / 10 guys, or $1.61M / player.
Apr. 10, 2020 at 7:35 p.m.
Go Bolts!!!
Obviously, everyone knows that's what they would do to defend against an offersheet. I've said that numerous times before.

I doubt they can take somebody like Jost back for Killorn, they need like league minimum cheap.

A friendly challenge to you to, make a team, post it, see what it looks like. If they trade killorn and buyout johnson or gourde they have $16.1M to fill 9 roster spots to get to a minimum of 20. That is an average of $1.78M per player. Show me what that would look like. If you somehow get Sergachev and Cirille at a combined $9M there is $7.1M left for 7 guys. Now does Sergachev accept $4.5M or does he want a $7M offersheet? If he wants $7M there is only $4.6M left for 7 guys... which isn't possible since they would need $4.9M.

It's not going to be easy for TB to get their roster figured out with a flat cap unless there guys take cheap contracts. People say Point took a cheap contract, he still got $6M+ on a bridge. Sergachev could ask for the same thing.

Edit:
Add the fact that I doubt TB runs a 20 man roster, so you probably want to add $16.1M / 10 guys, or $1.61M / player.

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1648285
CaptainFlynnt liked this.
Apr. 10, 2020 at 10:13 p.m.

Edit:

Tampa will also likely trade Paquette and move Coburn one way or the other as well. Sergachev getting these ridiculous #'s when defenseman that are at the same level or better in Werenski and McAvoy took 5 and 4.9 respectively on their bridge deals. Serg likely takes a bit less so 4.5 is reasonable. I can see Tampa running something like this:
Stamkos-Point-Kucherov
Palat-Cirelli-Johnson
Coleman-Stephens-One of Barre-Boulet, Joseph, Volkov
Maroon-Goodrow-Verhaeghe
Another one of the call ups or cheap signing as 13th F
Total is around 46 to 46.5 million with Cirelli at 4.25 and Maroon at 900k to 1 mill.
Hedman-Rutta
McD-Cernak
Serg-Foote
Gaunce/Schenn/Bogo as a 7
Total is around 24 with Serg at 4.5, Cernak at 2 and Rutta at 1.45.
Vasilevskiy
McElhinney
Total 10.8
22 player roster at approx 81 million, so with a flat cap and a cbo it can work. It's even better if JBB convinces one of Gourde/Johnson to waive the ntc and then uses the cbo on the other which would then allow them to keep Killorn. In any case, Tampa can make it work with a few non core losses in this scenario.
Apr. 10, 2020 at 10:31 p.m.

The other guy would be kamanev who would be cheaper than jost and needs to be able to play in a lineup somewhere. Not sure if he moves the needle for the bolts

Not saying Jost couldn't be involved but Tampa may look for rhd help first in a trade involving Killorn. I know most of Colorado's good rhd prospects are valued higher, so not sure if there's a deal there. If Tampa is interested in Jost, maybe Jost plus a pick for Killorn?

Tampa may be interested in Jost as part of a trade involving Killorn, but depending on interest, Tampa will first likely see if they can get a 1st or perhaps a young solid rhd prospect since that is where Tampa is thinnest in terms of depth. Jost likely fits in on the 3rd or 4th line here and Tampa has quite a few able to take on that role that will also be less expensive than Jost. Not sure if Colorado has any rhd prospects they'd be willing to trade but I'm guessing Tampa may be looking there 1st.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll