Forums/Mock-Draft

2020 Draft Explained

2020 Draft Explained

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: Teemu_salami
Published: Jun. 17, 2020 at 2:55 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Laf and kane would be disgusting
2Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Stutzle is a very Yzerman player. Great hands, speed, and 2 way game like point, Cirelli, and Barré-Boulet. he also picks the LW that can also be converted into a center for 2nd line, or possibly first line play in the future.
3Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose Sharksbig power forward not scared to get into the guts of the game. Very dangerous on the rush with a mix of size and speed. he also is known in sudbury for carrying his team and taking over the game. commonly compared to players like barkov and getzlaf.
4Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Best available RD would be great with Chabot in coming years. Byfield is the forward in Ottawa's draft and it would only make sense if they went for a RD (weak side in Ottawa). great puck mover, great vision, High Hockey IQ, and great skater. one concern is that he is a Weak Defender and the physical side of the game is not his strong suit.
5Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-LA Goes with the High IQ 2 way Defender. The second best available defenseman Which could be wondrous withe the experience of doughty. he is a very stingy defenseman that is a threat on both ends, and I think LA will not trade down in fear of losing this great prospect. one cause for concern is he may take a while to develop because he plays in a weaker league(i'd say about 2 to 3 years).
6Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Great Hands, Great Speed, Good numbers in a mens league. One of the more NHL ready players in this Draft and Anaheim Does not pass on this opportunity. he also plays on both wings allowing further diversity in his game. One problem with all euro players is he is a high risk high reward pick making some teams hesitant to draft him. Raymond is also a very bob murray pick with his ability to play against adversity and under pressure.
7Logo of the New Jersey Devils-New Jersey Acquires the winger with a quick release, and the ability to skate with the puck in tight. this will further improve new jersey's young defensive core. one problem is he has raw talent which could ultimately be his downfall.
8Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Buffalo will look to improve they're center depth. with this in mind the Sabres select the slightly undersized, fast, and agile center in Perfetti.
9Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Bergevin likes the Big Finnish boys, and this is the same case with Lundell. one of the best 2 way players in the draft. most importantly is he has a lot of patience when it comes to his style of play on the ice. like with holtz his talent is very raw which could be a cause for concern. Or Lundell could also be a guy you look back at and say "how was he not drafted higher"
10Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Arizona CoyotesThe Devils Take a risk and select the Very skilled WHL Winger in Jarvis. He goes to the areas most players don't and is hard on the puck something the Devils are interested in. He is also a defensmans nightmare coming up on the rush 1 on 1.
11Logo of the Minnesota Wild-You Can Never Have too many center Prospects and with the opportunity to pick Rossi The Wild Let him fall right into they're lap. He is fast and has a set of sick mitts on him. the big problem, and the reason Rossi drops is because he is undersized (he is a miniscule 5'9 ft).
12Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Vancouver acquires a very skilled puck handling winger in Gunler, who could be very successful with a guy like Horvat.
13Logo of the Nashville Predators-The Preds needing more support on the RW Acquire offensive minded Quinn with they're Selection. overall could be a solid Top six in the Predators fold.
14Logo of the Florida Panthers-Yet Again Florida Takes a Big Risk by drafting the Russian Amirov. he is a very tough player and could be a star or a bum in the league. this is really dependent on weather or not the Panthers develop him well or not.
15Logo of the Calgary Flames-Calgary would be Interested in the best available player and Alberta Native Dylan Holloway as a University Center Prospect.
16Logo of the New York Rangers-New York Looks for a Backup Defensive Prospect in Schneider
17Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Winnipeg in need of talented Defensive prospects acquire Guhle at 17th.
18Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York Islandersthe Goalie in Askarov Drops mainly because of his position even though he has been an almost perfect goalie this year at his young age. that being said Ottawa would be more than happy to select the Russian Hybrid who has a lot of upside when it comes to Net minding. Ottawa in need of world class goalie prospects would pick severely dropped Askarov who just so happened to fall right into they're lap.
19Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-kekalainen being a high risk gm takes another one and selects lapierre at 19. being an 18 year old in a tough league like the Q is not easy, and somehow under all this pressure Lapierre still Manages to Put up very Reasonable numbers. this leads to Columbus going with the french Canadian forward.
20Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsThe Canes Take a Risk and go off the board with an Extremely underrated Forward Brendan Brisson. he has played huge for the steel in the USHL and is one of the top american prospects in the draft. his quick hands and vision make him a great addition for the canes in future years.
21Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Carolina HurricanesPicking a Defenseman earlier in the draft means NYR will look for one of the better USHL/university prospects available in the Draft. with a great mindset and passion for the game Bordeleau will surly bring a big spark to your team among adversity. with an up and coming team ready to contend for the cup the rangers need a player that can possibly be very successful come playoff time.
22Logo of the Dallas Stars-with the late pick the Stars Select a forward similar to the style of play seen in Dellandrea. the all around talented mercer can bring a complete game when he is needed to, and can bring consistency to Dallas' game, which something they have Trouble with.
23Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-With a rich defensive core in the works Edmonton selects a Center the In the future could play any forward position. think of Peterka as a Minny Stutzle due to they're similar style of play. Peterka when drafted, will also be NHL ready or close to NHL Ready due to his mens League experience. he also might improve locker room morale with fellow countryman Leon Draisaitl.
24Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-with the fast puck moving Swedish defensive prospect still available Vegas would be very interested in the Branstrom like Player still available at 24
25Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsMinnesota Goes with another Prospect that helps they're defensive depth. Overall a very sturdy and gritty Center that brings a rustic style of play to the new era of hockey.
26Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Philly goes with Defenseman to add to they're already great young D core.
27Logo of the Washington Capitals-Washington Takes a risk and goes off the board to draft the gritty good edge working Russian center.
28Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningWilson Takes a Huge Risk Like always and selects one of the better american D prospects in the Draft. Good Puck mover whilst still maintaining a great poise on the blue line. overall could be a future top 4 stud or worst case AHL top 2/7th D.
29Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-With "Big" and "Czech" in mind Sakic with the goal of making his team similar to the 1996-2001 avs Acquires speed, size, and skill at the draft. this player is Mysak who could be a steal in future re drafts, and has a great potential to do so.
30Logo of the St. Louis Blues-St. Louis Goes with the smaller Russian Forward to add more scoring to an already advanced forechecking team.
31Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston BruinsAnaheim goes with the towering, Physical, and hard on the puck defensman in wallinder. what is even more appealing is that he is a RD a position that is in high demand in Anaheim currently.
Jun. 17, 2020 at 3:19 p.m.
Solid mock, but there is one situation that I wasn't a fan of and thats Rossi. I don't believe a player with that much skill will get passed up on because of his size, especially if he is available for Montreal at pick #9. Other then that, its pretty solid. I also think Oilers go with a winger instead of a center with 2 really solid centers and drai who can also play c. They need help on the wings for Mcdavid, and I think they will get it with this pick. Nice job!
Teemu_salami liked this.
Jun. 17, 2020 at 3:49 p.m.
Go Sharks Go
doubt we choose a defenseman with our first pick
Jun. 17, 2020 at 4:49 p.m.
This would be a dream scenario for the Wild. Rossi is who I'm hoping drops to us at 11 (I have him ranked 4th on my big board) and while I'm not as high on Zary as most taking him at 25 is fine with me
Jun. 17, 2020 at 6:27 p.m.
Quoting: TanSor
This would be a dream scenario for the Wild. Rossi is who I'm hoping drops to us at 11 (I have him ranked 4th on my big board) and while I'm not as high on Zary as most taking him at 25 is fine with me

Not a bad dream, but this would really be a dream scenario for the Hawks. Last year jumping to #3 and taking Dach and this year jumping to #1 and getting Alexis. Just like the consecutive years we got Toews at #3 and Kane at #1 the following year.
TanSor liked this.
Jun. 17, 2020 at 7:06 p.m.
Habs would certanly grab one of Rossi or Quinn at that spot. Timmins is in love with the Ottawa 67's
Jun. 17, 2020 at 7:11 p.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk
Not a bad dream, but this would really be a dream scenario for the Hawks. Last year jumping to #3 and taking Dach and this year jumping to #1 and getting Alexis. Just like the consecutive years we got Toews at #3 and Kane at #1 the following year.

Well the Wild never have nice things so I'm not holding my breath to land a lottery pick. But yeah jumping the Wild last year and picking 3rd only to win the damn lottery this year would be salt in the wound for us
ChiHawk liked this.
Jun. 17, 2020 at 7:23 p.m.
How does Rossi drop all the way to 11? He's a garenteed top 8 pick.
Jun. 17, 2020 at 8:57 p.m.
Owen
Quoting: JumboJoe
doubt we choose a defenseman with our first pick

If your a sharks fan you shouldn't be worried about that. Your GM kind gave that pick to the senators for karlsson.
Jun. 17, 2020 at 9:10 p.m.
Go Sharks Go
Quoting: Capewest1
If your a sharks fan you shouldn't be worried about that. Your GM kind gave that pick to the senators for karlsson.

our first pick in the draft you have us picking a defenseman
Jun. 17, 2020 at 9:16 p.m.
Owen
our first pick in the draft you have us picking a defenseman

what? You don't have that pick it was traded away for karlsson.
Jun. 17, 2020 at 9:20 p.m.
Go Sharks Go
Quoting: Capewest1
what? You don't have that pick it was traded away for karlsson.

Jun. 17, 2020 at 9:28 p.m.
Owen

Oh I didn't see that. Sorry
Jun. 17, 2020 at 9:37 p.m.

i though an ageing defensive core was in need of better prospects, and there might be trades involving certain defensmen. it's always nice to have a backup plan.
Jun. 17, 2020 at 9:44 p.m.
Quoting: Leafs_and_Sens_Fan
How does Rossi drop all the way to 11? He's a garenteed top 8 pick.

so was kopitar in 2005, but he was from a strange country and skating wasn't his strong suit. he dropped to 11 and the teams that passed up on him looked foolish after.
Jun. 17, 2020 at 9:46 p.m.
Go Sharks Go
Quoting: Teemu_salami
i though an ageing defensive core was in need of better prospects, and there might be trades involving certain defensmen. it's always nice to have a backup plan.

we have a few older defenseman, but we also younger talent like Ferraro, Merkley, and Kniazev. We need to use at least 2 of the 3 picks in the top 60 on forwards.
Jun. 17, 2020 at 11:02 p.m.
If Chicago were to win the lotto and grab Laffy he would porbably play with Toews because of his 2-way game
Ottawa has a plethora of high potential RD in their pool already, I would highly expect them to take BPA in Raymond at 4.
Sanderson has been on the rise the 2nd half of the season to be a potential top 10 pick but I highly doubt he goes 5th OA. LA should use that pick on one of the many better options available.
Switch the Buffalo and Montreal picks, Lundell fits the Sabres needs a lot better than Perfetti and vise-versa for the Habs
I doubt Jarvis goes before Rossi
Last thing Nashville needs is RW's they have so many they put them on the left side. I would bet money on them taking a defense since Fabbro will be their only NHL caliber D next year under 30.
Winnipeg won't draft a defense, their defensive issues are now and anyone they take in this draft won't fix that hole for a few years. They have plenty of D prospects that just need to develop.
Zary won't fall to 25
Everything after the top 20 is a toss up
Jun. 18, 2020 at 8:43 a.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
Just what we need, another RHD. Pass. Rangers take C at 16 and LHD at 21
Jun. 18, 2020 at 10:03 a.m.
Banned
Hawks aren't getting the #1 overall pick, And even at #2 Detroit would take Byfield over Stutzle.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll