SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Great deal for Ottawa

Created by: frankiefives
Published: Aug. 15, 2020 at 11:21 a.m.
Salary Cap: $81,500,000
Season Days: 41/186 (22%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksChicago Blackhawks

Trade occurred while using LTIR
LTIR Relief: $15,325,000
LTIR Used Prior to Trade: $1,336,667
OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
2020 1st round pick (Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksCHI)---100------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Georgiev, AlexandarNew York RangersNHL-$792,500111-------3.040.91
2020 3rd round pick (Logo of the Winnipeg JetsWPG)---010------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$13,988,3332545653612
Change-$792,500111-110
Final$13,195,833 (↓)26 (↑)46 (↑)66 (↑)2 (↓)7 (↑)12000

Logo of the New York RangersNew York Rangers

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Smith, BrendanNew York RangersNHL-$958,870111---62358--
Georgiev, AlexandarNew York RangersNHL-$174,690111-------3.040.91
2020 1st round pick (Logo of the New York RangersNYR)---100------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Brown, LoganWaivers ExemptOttawa SenatorsMinor-$0011---23178--
2020 1st round pick (Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksCHI)---100------
2020 1st round pick (Logo of the New York IslandersNYI)---100------
2020 1st round pick (Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOTT)---100------
Initial$7,049,3672245614715
Change$1,133,560-2-1-1200
Final$8,182,927 (↑)20 (↓)44 (↓)60 (↓)6 (↑)715-220

Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOttawa Senators

Brown, LoganWaivers ExemptOttawa SenatorsMinor-$0011---23178--
2020 1st round pick (Logo of the New York IslandersNYI)---100------
2020 1st round pick (Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOTT)---100------
2020 3rd round pick (Logo of the Winnipeg JetsWPG)---010------
Smith, BrendanNew York RangersNHL-$958,870111---62358--
2020 1st round pick (Logo of the New York RangersNYR)---100------
Initial$11,686,70821456451212
Change-$958,870100-1-10
Final$10,727,838 (↓)22 (↑)45644 (↓)11 (↓)122-20
Aug. 15, 2020 at 12:51 p.m.
Ottawa is not getting the first overall pick unless they start with their third from San Jose, Chabot + and nobody cares about Logan Brown.
Aug. 15, 2020 at 1:23 p.m.
This isnt enough for NYR to take him.

NYR adds Lias Anderson going to OTT, OTT adds Brannstrom going to NYR?
Aug. 15, 2020 at 1:36 p.m.
Do you really think the difference between 1st and 3rd is T Chabot plus.. Does NY really need a 8 million dollars cap hit on defense. I think LA could use a left wing and NY a centre so it seem to me LA and NY trade seem more likely to occurred. Ottawa not going to overpay for the 1 overall when they have other needs.
frankiefives liked this.
Aug. 15, 2020 at 8:18 p.m.
Frank
Quoting: Rhea
Ottawa is not getting the first overall pick unless they start with their third from San Jose, Chabot + and nobody cares about Logan Brown.

LOL. Come on now. Lafreniere isn't McDavid
Aug. 15, 2020 at 8:19 p.m.
Frank
Quoting: PLDGEY
This isnt enough for NYR to take him.

NYR adds Lias Anderson going to OTT, OTT adds Brannstrom going to NYR?

I disagree. The Rangers get 3 first round picks in this deal plus they shed Brendan Smith's salary. Not to mention a prospect that still might have some NHL upside in Brown.
Aug. 15, 2020 at 8:21 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Quoting: frankiefives

Buddy, have you seen Laffy play? World juniors MVP? CHL MVP? This dude is the real deal. This is quite undervaluing him
Aug. 15, 2020 at 8:25 p.m.
Frank
Quoting: HabsFan9
Buddy, have you seen Laffy play? World juniors MVP? CHL MVP? This dude is the real deal. This is quite undervaluing him

I've seen him play a ton. He's a great player. He's nowhere near McDavid/Crosby level.
Aug. 15, 2020 at 8:26 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
I've seen him play a ton. He's a great player. He's nowhere near McDavid/Crosby level.

Fine. He’s not a surefire hall of farmer. But he is definitely worth more than you’re giving up
Aug. 15, 2020 at 10:38 p.m.
Frank
Quoting: HabsFan9
Fine. He’s not a surefire hall of farmer. But he is definitely worth more than you’re giving up

Perhaps. That's the reason why I named this "great deal for Ottawa"
Aug. 15, 2020 at 11:53 p.m.

No he's not but as with every potential first overall it will require a huge amount...especially with a team that desperately wants their superstar.
Aug. 16, 2020 at 10:33 a.m.
Frank
No he's not but as with every potential first overall it will require a huge amount...especially with a team that desperately wants their superstar.

There's zero chance Ottawa would trade #3 and Chabot. The Rangers would take that in a heartbeat knowing they just fleeced the Sens.
Aug. 16, 2020 at 10:35 a.m.
There's zero chance Ottawa would trade #3 and Chabot. The Rangers would take that in a heartbeat knowing they just fleeced the Sens.

I'm not saying they would, my point is that is what it would take.
Aug. 16, 2020 at 2:13 p.m.
Frank
I'm not saying they would, my point is that is what it would take.

I completely disagree.
Aug. 16, 2020 at 2:57 p.m.
I completely disagree.

Sigh...so you don't think that any team with all the leverage because they have a pick that by all accounts they wouldn't trade unless they are blown away wouldn't ask to be...and I quote..."blown away"?? You don't think that GMs ask for unrealistic prices all the time in case someone is desperate or does something stupid?

Come on man
Aug. 16, 2020 at 3:12 p.m.
Frank
Sigh...so you don't think that any team with all the leverage because they have a pick that by all accounts they wouldn't trade unless they are blown away wouldn't ask to be...and I quote..."blown away"?? You don't think that GMs ask for unrealistic prices all the time in case someone is desperate or does something stupid?

Come on man

Your opinion of "blown away" seems to be the best player on a team plus the 3rd overall pick. It's ridiculous. Again, I disagree with your take. You can move along now.
Aug. 16, 2020 at 3:18 p.m.
Your opinion of "blown away" seems to be the best player on a team plus the 3rd overall pick. It's ridiculous. Again, I disagree with your take. You can move along now.

Hehe ok champ you are completely missing the point. I never said that they would do it, does that soothe your hurt feelings now?

Lol
Aug. 16, 2020 at 3:25 p.m.
Frank
Hehe ok champ you are completely missing the point. I never said that they would do it, does that soothe your hurt feelings now?

Lol

"Ottawa is not getting the first overall pick unless they start with their third from San Jose, Chabot + "

You literally said the Rangers wouldn't trade Laf unless Ottawa STARTS with the 3rd, Chabot and more. What point am I missing? The fact that you're out to lunch?
Aug. 16, 2020 at 4:05 p.m.
"Ottawa is not getting the first overall pick unless they start with their third from San Jose, Chabot + "

You literally said the Rangers wouldn't trade Laf unless Ottawa STARTS with the 3rd, Chabot and more. What point am I missing? The fact that you're out to lunch?

Hoo boy. Ok I will try again but use smaller words. You are missing the point that I never said Pierre will call up say...here's a thought, I'll give you the 3 OA plus Chabot. The thing is that there has been no indication that they would trade the 1 OA...so beat with me here...so they can ask whatever they want from any team because unless their socks are blown off (that is a metaphor, not an indication of actual socks coming off by the way), they will happily keep him.

This probably happens around most 1OA picks, which (pay attention here) do not get traded anyway, but if a GM is desperate or dumb and they agree to something outrageous...they might do it.

So in summary, I am not saying they will offer that, but if they decide they want him...they will need to offer something stupid to get it done. If not? Nyr are happy with their star.

Are we done now?
Aug. 17, 2020 at 11:06 a.m.
Frank
Hoo boy. Ok I will try again but use smaller words. You are missing the point that I never said Pierre will call up say...here's a thought, I'll give you the 3 OA plus Chabot. The thing is that there has been no indication that they would trade the 1 OA...so beat with me here...so they can ask whatever they want from any team because unless their socks are blown off (that is a metaphor, not an indication of actual socks coming off by the way), they will happily keep him.

This probably happens around most 1OA picks, which (pay attention here) do not get traded anyway, but if a GM is desperate or dumb and they agree to something outrageous...they might do it.

So in summary, I am not saying they will offer that, but if they decide they want him...they will need to offer something stupid to get it done. If not? Nyr are happy with their star.

Are we done now?

So you're saying your initial post was wrong? I'll post it again for you:

Again, you said Ottawa is NOT getting #1 unless they START by offering the 3rd and Chabot plus more. You can keep pretending like you didn't say it but it's right there for everyone to read.

Take care.
Aug. 17, 2020 at 11:40 a.m.
Edited Aug. 17, 2020 at 12:13 p.m.
So you're saying your initial post was wrong? I'll post it again for you:

Again, you said Ottawa is NOT getting #1 unless they START by offering the 3rd and Chabot plus more. You can keep pretending like you didn't say it but it's right there for everyone to read.

Take care.

Wow you're not that bright are you? How many times have I also said to explain to you because for some reason i need to. That they would ask for the moon and rightfully so...just like every other GM would. So they would ask for something like that (as said overpay). Now beer with me here so you don't get lost again...if they would want the pick...still with me? Good. Then they would need to overpay and it would...take...something...like...that.

Now for what I didn't say or imply:
1. They will offer that
2. They would do that

Now you're a bright guy, if you had something that everyone wanted...would you ask for something exorbitant (look that up) in case they would do something stupid? Yes you would or you would be a crappy gm. Again that is all I am saying

Can we stop now this now? It is getting frustrating. You can tell yourself that you are the king and beat me if you want. Even that you are the smartest guy in the world if you want.

Just stop, but learn to read and not foist your misinterpeted assumptions on me.

Are we good man? 😁
Aug. 17, 2020 at 12:28 p.m.
Frank
Wow you're not that bright are you? How many times have I also said to explain to you because for some reason i need to. That they would ask for the moon and rightfully so...just like every other GM would. So they would ask for something like that (as said overpay). Now beer with me here so you don't get lost again...if they would want the pick...still with me? Good. Then they would need to overpay and it would...take...something...like...that.

Now for what I didn't say or imply:
1. They will offer that
2. They would do that

Now you're a bright guy, if you had something that everyone wanted...would you ask for something exorbitant (look that up) in case they would do something stupid? Yes you would or you would be a crappy gm. Again that is all I am saying

Can we stop now this now? It is getting frustrating. You can tell yourself that you are the king and beat me if you want. Even that you are the smartest guy in the world if you want.

Just stop, but learn to read and not foist your misinterpeted assumptions on me.

Are we good man? 😁

You really hate being criticized, don't you? You keep repeating that the Rangers would ASK for something like that package. I don't necessarily disagree but that's not at all what you said in your original post. I made a proposal and your response was : "Ottawa is not getting the first overall pick unless they start with their third from San Jose, Chabot + "

It's written right there. You said Ottawa would need to start their offer with the 3rd, Chabot plus more. You're now back pedaling by saying you never said that. I expect you'll respond again because it seems you must have the last word so go ahead.
Rhea liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll