UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 26, 2020 at 2:15 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
-not sure what I'm even gettign at? What I'm getting at is that he isn't the best invention since sliced bread. He isn't the superstar everyone seems to want him to be. I like to compare him to a guy like David Krejci/Pacioretty Not a team leader however a perfect secondary option behind your elite guys.
-what does a Leafs fan do when he doesn't have a proper argument? «Possesion(offense) is everything and grit is useless». Isn't it weird how MTL and CLB shut down two of the league's best F cores using simple defensive systems? Isn't it weird how when the TML's talent doesn't do anything they have nothing, because their D SUCKS, they have little to no work ethic and Dubas has traded/let go almost everyone who has an inch of grit (Komarov (that was fine, his NYI deal is awful), Martin (Leaf fans keep saying that his AAV was a problem but who created this problem in the first place? Oh yeah that's right, Dubas), Brown and Kadri (to get an offensive d-man who did nothing for TOR).

Like I said go be a fan of Wilson and how awesome he was in the playoffs. You're a joke
Aug. 26, 2020 at 2:16 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Isles777
@PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood might be the most delusional person on this site. Everything he says never comes to fruition and acts like a little b*tch when someone disagrees with him

Continues to lash out. Hilarious, just a small petty child.
Isles777 liked this.
Aug. 26, 2020 at 2:34 p.m.
Banned
Hahahaha it’s so funny to see you trying to rationalize your point by saying that he creates chances at an elite pace yet when he doesn't play with AM/JT he’s the average 1st line guy, not an elite one

Except he hasn't really ever played consistently with anyone but the top 6? Apart from like 20 games and the playoffs last year he has been with Matthews or JT. And when he was on the lower lines he was producing good points until Kadri got suspended and he was anchored by Marleau and Brown. So what exactly are you even talking about? A guy scores at a high pace with good players spends a handful of games in a reduced capacity under a terrible coach with poor linemates and you say see! He can't carry two no bodies. Who could? Nylander was good in the playoffs against Boston last year but Marleau and Brown could score, literally with an open net, Brown shot the puck into Rask's glove which was wide of the net. Using outlier numbers to prove a stance is as ****ing stupid as it gets on this site.
Aug. 26, 2020 at 3:16 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
Except he hasn't really ever played consistently with anyone but the top 6? Apart from like 20 games and the playoffs last year he has been with Matthews or JT. And when he was on the lower lines he was producing good points until Kadri got suspended and he was anchored by Marleau and Brown. So what exactly are you even talking about? A guy scores at a high pace with good players spends a handful of games in a reduced capacity under a terrible coach with poor linemates and you say see! He can't carry two no bodies. Who could? Nylander was good in the playoffs against Boston last year but Marleau and Brown could score, literally with an open net, Brown shot the puck into Rask's glove which was wide of the net. Using outlier numbers to prove a stance is as ****ing stupid as it gets on this site.

What I find funny with you is that you ALWAYS change the subject of the discussion. The point I've been arguing all along is that Willy is an above average player and that this is very easy to tell...on the other hand, your point seems to be that he's a 40 G scorer because he's player on such a pace for roughly 1/2 of a season and that he can carry a line... and you also say that it's «as f**king stupid as it gets» to disagree with that.

The problem with you is that you ALWAYS misrepresent other people's points. Like for instance you say that Marleau and Brown were bad (which they were, and I'd argue it was because they didn't fit with Willy's kind of player) when I NEVER claimed the opposite (that they were good in that 7 game series).

So f**k the right off, you can continue to believe as much as you want that talent alone wins cups even though everything points to the contrary. You can also keep saying that moving big offensive pieces to add to the Leafs' D-core which you still refuse to admit that it stinks is «rearranging deck chairs», you refuse to admit that Holl isn't a top 4 d-man (he's a 6th without Muzzin), you refuse to admit that it's extremely risky to rely on Lehtonen and Dermott improving to improve the Leafs d-core into next season so it's 100% fair to say that you're the one here who keeps making stupid points, not me or other people trying to improve the team overall
Aug. 26, 2020 at 3:30 p.m.
Banned
What I find funny with you is that you ALWAYS change the subject of the discussion. The point I've been arguing all along is that Willy is an above average player and that this is very easy to tell...on the other hand, your point seems to be that he's a 40 G scorer because he's player on such a pace for roughly 1/2 of a season and that he can carry a line... and you also say that it's «as f**king stupid as it gets» to disagree with that.

The problem with you is that you ALWAYS misrepresent other people's points. Like for instance you say that Marleau and Brown were bad (which they were, and I'd argue it was because they didn't fit with Willy's kind of player) when I NEVER claimed the opposite (that they were good in that 7 game series).

So f**k the right off, you can continue to believe as much as you want that talent alone wins cups even though everything points to the contrary. You can also keep saying that moving big offensive pieces to add to the Leafs' D-core which you still refuse to admit that it stinks is «rearranging deck chairs», you refuse to admit that Holl isn't a top 4 d-man (he's a 6th without Muzzin), you refuse to admit that it's extremely risky to rely on Lehtonen and Dermott improving to improve the Leafs d-core into next season so it's 100% fair to say that you're the one here who keeps making stupid points, not me or other people trying to improve the team overall

Speaking of taking words and misrepresenting them, where did I say talent alone wins? Oh right no where you clown.
Aug. 26, 2020 at 3:33 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
Speaking of taking words and misrepresenting them, where did I say talent alone wins? Oh right no where you clown.

You literally come at anyone adding grit to the Leafs saying that adding such a thing makes the team worse you clown
Aug. 26, 2020 at 4:23 p.m.
Banned
You literally come at anyone adding grit to the Leafs saying that adding such a thing makes the team worse you clown

Nope, I said giving away Nylander for worse players because grit is a dumb reason to lose a trade.
Aug. 26, 2020 at 4:51 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
Nope, I said giving away Nylander for worse players because grit is a dumb reason to lose a trade.

As if anyone was defending the Willy vs Manson trades
Aug. 26, 2020 at 6:04 p.m.
Banned
As if anyone was defending the Willy vs Manson trades

Perhaps not that but you are always quick to say we need slower, less skilled tough guys because Dubas sucks. Apart from the Kadri trade that universally was considered a great move at the time, he hasn't made any poor moves. Sure people will gripe about Marners contract but he's a 23 year old 90+ point player, there are like 6 of those guys in hockey. It's not a problem. Him trading Kap is just another example of him being smart and patient.

Now I am sure you'll say something about the Marleau trade and the Zaitsev trades but that was cleaning up after Lou and his "there is no future" signings. So instead of being arrogant and insulting all the time, try thinking outside the box, try looking at the big picture. You'd be a lot more likeable if you did
Aug. 26, 2020 at 7:21 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
Perhaps not that but you are always quick to say we need slower, less skilled tough guys because Dubas sucks. Apart from the Kadri trade that universally was considered a great move at the time, he hasn't made any poor moves. Sure people will gripe about Marners contract but he's a 23 year old 90+ point player, there are like 6 of those guys in hockey. It's not a problem. Him trading Kap is just another example of him being smart and patient.

Now I am sure you'll say something about the Marleau trade and the Zaitsev trades but that was cleaning up after Lou and his "there is no future" signings. So instead of being arrogant and insulting all the time, try thinking outside the box, try looking at the big picture. You'd be a lot more likeable if you did

The reason TOR needs hardworking and gritty bottom sixers is to keep up with a league that has figured out EVERYTHING from the Leafs' system. When their talent isn't working (which btw happens wayyyy too often) then they have nothing to fire back with for the simple reason that they have little to no work ethic and the fact that their d-core, apart from Mo and JM, is a bunch of bottom pairing level d-men if they enter the season with Dermott, Sandin, Lehtonen and Holl.

How to fix Marner's deal: keep the AAV and add term or keep the term but remove AAV. Like a 6 year, 9,25 mil deal like Rantanen got. Or an 8 year, 10,8 mil AAV. Choose. I pick the longer term one

I find it HILARIOUS how you people keep saying that Lou was going to create a mess if he continued on as TML'GM. Yet when you look at the facts, the team has stopped progressing since Dubas took over. From the arrival of AM to the end of Lou's TOR GM tenure, the Leafs had a steep progression curve. Yet it slowed down/stopped after that, and THIS is the problem. The league has adjusted to a team that is EASY AS HELL to play against. Being fast only doesn't win you a cup. At all. STL, CLB, BOS, DAL and SJ weren't as fast as the Leafs yet all of the above had a better d-core and a team that worked more than the Leafs. I came up with an analogy to compare skill vs hard work and defense. Skill is like a sprint runner but hard work and defense is like a marathon runner. You can have short term success with skill (and even then no guarantee) but what actually makes a team elite (with a notable exception like the Pens who still have one of the 5-7 best players of all time on their team) is a term that is relentless, that will CONSTANTLY go in corners and claw their way to victory. The Leafs aren't doing any of that and THIS is why if they don't make DRASTIC changes, they'll never win anything. WSH won the moment they stopped relying on skill only.

Also, I'm the arrogant one here??? Talk about projection, you're literally the guy who claims that every single criticism of the TML is «aNtI lEaF bIaS» so you're really not the best one to judge here. Next
Aug. 26, 2020 at 8:54 p.m.
Banned
The reason TOR needs hardworking and gritty bottom sixers is to keep up with a league that has figured out EVERYTHING from the Leafs' system. When their talent isn't working (which btw happens wayyyy too often) then they have nothing to fire back with for the simple reason that they have little to no work ethic and the fact that their d-core, apart from Mo and JM, is a bunch of bottom pairing level d-men if they enter the season with Dermott, Sandin, Lehtonen and Holl.

How to fix Marner's deal: keep the AAV and add term or keep the term but remove AAV. Like a 6 year, 9,25 mil deal like Rantanen got. Or an 8 year, 10,8 mil AAV. Choose. I pick the longer term one

I find it HILARIOUS how you people keep saying that Lou was going to create a mess if he continued on as TML'GM. Yet when you look at the facts, the team has stopped progressing since Dubas took over. From the arrival of AM to the end of Lou's TOR GM tenure, the Leafs had a steep progression curve. Yet it slowed down/stopped after that, and THIS is the problem. The league has adjusted to a team that is EASY AS HELL to play against. Being fast only doesn't win you a cup. At all. STL, CLB, BOS, DAL and SJ weren't as fast as the Leafs yet all of the above had a better d-core and a team that worked more than the Leafs. I came up with an analogy to compare skill vs hard work and defense. Skill is like a sprint runner but hard work and defense is like a marathon runner. You can have short term success with skill (and even then no guarantee) but what actually makes a team elite (with a notable exception like the Pens who still have one of the 5-7 best players of all time on their team) is a term that is relentless, that will CONSTANTLY go in corners and claw their way to victory. The Leafs aren't doing any of that and THIS is why if they don't make DRASTIC changes, they'll never win anything. WSH won the moment they stopped relying on skill only.

Also, I'm the arrogant one here??? Talk about projection, you're literally the guy who claims that every single criticism of the TML is «aNtI lEaF bIaS» so you're really not the best one to judge here. Next

Matthews was going to win the Rocket he shows up.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll