$11,642,857$11,642,857
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$5,750,000$5,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the New York Rangers
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
RW
RFA - 2
Lafreniere, Alexis
$925,000$925,000
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$2,875,000$2,875,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
LD
RFA - 3
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
G
UFA - 1
$5,700,000$5,700,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
G
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$4,350,000$4,350,000
LD/RD, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$833,333$833,333
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 12, 2020 at 11:00 p.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
Honest question, What does Domi bring that Strome hasn't?
Root liked this.
Sep. 12, 2020 at 11:03 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Stanley_Cup_To_Manhattan
Honest question, What does Domi bring that Strome hasn't?

Domi would bring some toughness and honestly next to Panarin could be very good. Strome i feel really is a 3c whose being carried by Panarin while Domi has the makings to be a proper 2nd line center for the rangers.

Still though cant see Montreal having interest in Deangelo.
gregory_papas liked this.
Sep. 12, 2020 at 11:04 p.m.
Not a fan of trading DeAngelo for Domi.
Sep. 12, 2020 at 11:05 p.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
Domi would bring some toughness and honestly next to Panarin could be very good

That's a guess at best. At least we know Strome works with Panarin and he'd probably cost the same to keep, except it wouldn't cost us DeAngelo.
Root liked this.
Sep. 12, 2020 at 11:11 p.m.
I feel like a top winger from the Rangers would have to be included as part of a deal between these 2 clubs. Obviously either Kreider, Buchnevich or Kakko (Habs have to add for Buch or Kakko and Rangers Kreider). If I was to guess the Habs would want either Buch or Kakko and the Rangers would want to move Kreider. Personally I don't mind a Kreider + 1st (Car) for Domi + 2nd (Mon) sort of deal.
Sep. 12, 2020 at 11:13 p.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
Quoting: aadoyle
Domi would bring some toughness and honestly next to Panarin could be very good. Strome i feel really is a 3c whose being carried by Panarin while Domi has the makings to be a proper 2nd line center for the rangers.

Still though cant see Montreal having interest in Deangelo.

Strome gets carried but doubles Domi's point totals. He's just as bad defensively. We'd rather snag Danault or Cirelli
HOCKEYBOY448 liked this.
Sep. 12, 2020 at 11:17 p.m.
Quoting: Campabee
I feel like a top winger from the Rangers would have to be included as part of a deal between these 2 clubs. Obviously either Kreider, Buchnevich or Kakko (Habs have to add for Buch or Kakko and Rangers Kreider). If I was to guess the Habs would want either Buch or Kakko and the Rangers would want to move Kreider. Personally I don't mind a Kreider + 1st (Car) for Domi + 2nd (Mon) sort of deal.

Zero chance of trading Kakko unless Montreal is overpaying and we're talking Suzuki plus to get the conversation started. Buchnevich is more reasonable of a target, but Kakko not likely.
Sep. 12, 2020 at 11:20 p.m.
Quoting: HOCKEYBOY448
That's a guess at best. At least we know Strome works with Panarin and he'd probably cost the same to keep, except it wouldn't cost us DeAngelo.

your way of thinking is a little confusing. are you saying since we know storme plays well with panarin the team shouldn't try to improve their center depth? that's a dum way to think. domi scored 78 points without panarin. he'll be fine and that isn't a 'guess at best'.
Sep. 12, 2020 at 11:22 p.m.
Quoting: Campabee

i'm sure you wouldn't mind that lmao
Sep. 12, 2020 at 11:34 p.m.
Strome gets carried but doubles Domi's point totals. He's just as bad defensively. We'd rather snag Danault or Cirelli

Danault doesn't make sense. he is 1 year from ufa and will cost a lot because of his cheap cap hit.

why would tampa trade cirelli?
Sep. 12, 2020 at 11:37 p.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
Quoting: gregory_papas
Danault doesn't make sense. he is 1 year from ufa and will cost a lot because of his cheap cap hit.

why would tampa trade cirelli?

He'd be dealt with an extension, Strome won't be cheaper, Cirelli has cap issues. Could even take an OS.
Sep. 12, 2020 at 11:39 p.m.
If Strome is as...not great...as Rangers fans keep saying he is, that's too much. Change the pick to a 3rd.
Sep. 12, 2020 at 11:44 p.m.
your way of thinking is a little confusing. are you saying since we know storme plays well with panarin the team shouldn't try to improve their center depth? that's a dum way to think. domi scored 78 points without panarin. he'll be fine and that isn't a 'guess at best'.

I just don’t see Domi as that much of an upgrade over Strome.
gregory_papas liked this.
Sep. 12, 2020 at 11:48 p.m.
Quoting: HOCKEYBOY448
Zero chance of trading Kakko unless Montreal is overpaying and we're talking Suzuki plus to get the conversation started. Buchnevich is more reasonable of a target, but Kakko not likely.

That was essentially what I was saying its going to be Buch or Kreider as the main pieces of a Habs-rangers trade from the NY side. We have our RHD set for at least the next 3-4 years. Whether or not the fans like it lol. Our target would be a top 6 RW.
Sep. 12, 2020 at 11:53 p.m.
He'd be dealt with an extension, Strome won't be cheaper, Cirelli has cap issues. Could even take an OS.

i was just about to debate you on this then realized you're just a baby.

i'll just say this; trades where a player signs an immediate extension don't happen often in hockey. it's very hard to make happen. stormes contract is going to be a lot more than danault 3 mill. when was the last offer sheet done in the nhl? who has the cap space to sign an offer sheet? cerelli is coming off his elc, he can be signed to a bridge deal, he isn't going anywhere unless a team offers tampa a deal they can't refuse. and to just close the door on your idea that you seem so sure with, if the rangers traded for cirelli how are they going to sign him? with what cap space? tampa can't take cap space back in a deal.
Sep. 12, 2020 at 11:58 p.m.
Quoting: Caerii
If Strome is as...not great...as Rangers fans keep saying he is, that's too much. Change the pick to a 3rd.

ranger fans hate on him but he still has value. the wild is getting a young player that can play both special teams and be a solid middle 6 player. debating a 2nd to a 3rd is meaningless. if the wilds wanted storme they would pay the 2nd.
Sep. 13, 2020 at 12:04 a.m.
ranger fans hate on him but he still has value. the wild is getting a young player that can play both special teams and be a solid middle 6 player. debating a 2nd to a 3rd is meaningless. if the wilds wanted storme they would pay the 2nd.

If it's meaningless, you'll have no problem accepting the 3rd. Frankly, Guerin really likes Foligno, and a 2nd is a lot to pay for what could just be another 3C. I think a 2nd and a smaller + could be done for Strome if you leave Foligno out, but if you're including Foligno too, make it a 3rd.
Sep. 13, 2020 at 12:14 a.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
i was just about to debate you on this then realized you're just a baby.

i'll just say this; trades where a player signs an immediate extension don't happen often in hockey. it's very hard to make happen. stormes contract is going to be a lot more than danault 3 mill. when was the last offer sheet done in the nhl? who has the cap space to sign an offer sheet? cerelli is coming off his elc, he can be signed to a bridge deal, he isn't going anywhere unless a team offers tampa a deal they can't refuse. and to just close the door on your idea that you seem so sure with, if the rangers traded for cirelli how are they going to sign him? with what cap space? tampa can't take cap space back in a deal.

- Most recent trade with extension: JG Pageau at deadline to NYI.
- Most recent offer sheet: Last off-season by Montreal for Aho.
- Strome would easily get $5-6M on his next deal just like Danault will command.
- Rangers would only make a move on Cirelli if Lundqvist retired, Strome traded, Smith and/or Staal dumped with assets.

I don't see why I am a baby to you but you seem to be the one with a need for mental development.
Sep. 13, 2020 at 11:17 a.m.
- Most recent trade with extension: JG Pageau at deadline to NYI.
- Most recent offer sheet: Last off-season by Montreal for Aho.
- Strome would easily get $5-6M on his next deal just like Danault will command.
- Rangers would only make a move on Cirelli if Lundqvist retired, Strome traded, Smith and/or Staal dumped with assets.

I don't see why I am a baby to you but you seem to be the one with a need for mental development.

you were in elementary school the last time an offer sheet was accepted. look up burkes reactions to that offer sheet, it was a mess. an offer sheet wasn't accepted since. danault is getting 3 mill this season, u can't compare him and stormes salaries. idk how you're unable to understand that. who's taking smiths, staals cap hit? why would hank retire? all your what ifs are unrealistic. you read to many blogs, stick to reliable journalists.
Sep. 13, 2020 at 1:51 p.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
you were in elementary school the last time an offer sheet was accepted. look up burkes reactions to that offer sheet, it was a mess. an offer sheet wasn't accepted since. danault is getting 3 mill this season, u can't compare him and stormes salaries. idk how you're unable to understand that. who's taking smiths, staals cap hit? why would hank retire? all your what ifs are unrealistic. you read to many blogs, stick to reliable journalists.

I don't read any articles. Henrik Lundqvist is 38 years old and understands the situation he's in. It's not unheard of that he's considering it. Danault is getting $3M this year but long-term deals past this season will be equal between Strome and Danault. If you attach some of our 2nd or 3rd round picks it's not a crazy thought to move Staal or Smith. Sure I agree Offer-Sheets are unlikely, but the way Sergachev is playing maybe the Lightning bite the bullet on trading Cirelli. These are all hypotheticals.
Sep. 13, 2020 at 7:04 p.m.
I don't read any articles. Henrik Lundqvist is 38 years old and understands the situation he's in. It's not unheard of that he's considering it. Danault is getting $3M this year but long-term deals past this season will be equal between Strome and Danault. If you attach some of our 2nd or 3rd round picks it's not a crazy thought to move Staal or Smith. Sure I agree Offer-Sheets are unlikely, but the way Sergachev is playing maybe the Lightning bite the bullet on trading Cirelli. These are all hypotheticals.

my brother, please try to understand me here.

hank is do 5.5 mill if he stays with the rangers and 4.5 mill if he is bought out over 2 seasons. finically it doesn't make sense for him to retire because than he gets nada. he owes the team nothing. if he was going to retire he would have said something by now. if he allows a trade he looses that 4.5 mill of free money, why would he give the rangers 4.5 mill? he wouldn't and isn't. hank is either going to be bought out or he'll stay with the team for his last season. hank also makes hand over fist in endorsement deals in nyc that he wouldn't get anywhere else. hank not accepting a trade 2 seasons ago when the team ask him is all about money. hopefully that helps you understand that part of it.

that fact that danault is making 3mill this seasons is what gives him so much value. if danault was about to sign a 6x7 like stormes agent is probably pushing for teams wouldn't be calling the habs for him.

what a lot of people on this site seem to overlook constantly is that players salary and term is such a huge part of what a team can receive back in value. take deanagelo for example, many people on this site want to trade him for brayden point or a top 10 pick. deangelo is a good player but he isn't going to bring back what kapanen brought back for the leafs because tony is going to be asking for term and a cap hit over 5-6 mill. kapanen has 2 more seasons at 3.4 mill, thats cheap for a middle 6 player. at the end of the day tony is a 4-5 dman. someone like buch has a lot of value right now because he has one more year at 3.2 mill. buch is a solid middle 6 forward that has produced in the league for more seasons than tony has. he can bring back a very solid return. if the team decides to trade him before the season starts.

to end the danault and storme debate, danault at 3 mill for 1 season give a team a lot more value than storme. even if storme signs for 1 season at just over 5 mill. storme might be a slightly better player but the cap will allow the habs to ask for money in return for danault. so comparing storme and danault together doesn't make sense. storme and domi can be compared together because they are going to be asking for around the same amount of money and play the same position.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll