Forums/Armchair-GM

this team NEEDS A CULTURE CHANGE

Created by: Jameshgfgn
Team: 2020-21 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 14, 2020
Published: Sep. 14, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
this team needs a culture change! with Mathews getting into legal trouble and not telling the team, Marner and Nylander handling their contract negotiations like pouting babies and the teams ability to NEVER START ON TIME something has to change. these young kids came into a bad culture and have never been shown a better one and its time they show them a better one and how to properly conduct themselves and a dressing room.

now yes I understand getting chara is a long shot and its a lot of money but he is important in creating a good culture.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$1,200,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$5,000,000
3$3,500,000
2$1,500,000
2$1,500,000
2$700,000
2$700,000
Trades
TOR
  1. 2020 2nd round pick (BUF)
TOR
  1. Reimer, James ($1,300,000 retained)
CAR
  1. Engvall, Pierre
  2. Petan, Nicolas
  3. 2020 2nd round pick (BUF)
  4. 2020 4th round pick (VGK)
  5. 2020 6th round pick (CAR)
TOR
  1. 2020 1st round pick (FLA)
Additional Details:
12th
FLA
  1. Brooks, Adam
  2. Korshkov, Yegor
  3. 2020 1st round pick (PIT)
  4. 2020 4th round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
15th
TOR
    Yaroslav Askarov
    FLA
    1. 2020 1st round pick (FLA)
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    22$81,500,000$81,465,616$0$400,000$34,384
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $11,640,250$11,640,250
    C
    UFA - 4
    $10,903,000$10,903,000
    RW
    UFA - 5
    $1,200,000$1,200,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $11,000,000$11,000,000
    C, LW
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    $6,962,366$6,962,366
    RW
    UFA - 4
    $821,667$821,667
    LW, RW
    RFA - 4
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    LW, C, RW
    UFA - 3
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $700,000$700,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $700,000$700,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $5,625,000$5,625,000
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 3
    $1,650,000$1,650,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
    RD
    RFA - 2
    Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
    $2,100,000$2,100,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $925,000$925,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $3,400,000$3,400,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 3
    $925,000$925,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Sep. 14, 2020 at 2:43 p.m.
    TAVARES IS A LEAF
    5 stacks for Chara? Kyle **** in full effect.
    CallingOutHomers liked this.
    Sep. 14, 2020 at 2:44 p.m.
    Quoting: Foreskin_Gump
    5 stacks for Chara? Kyle **** in full effect.

is it official, is Dubas the new Chiarelli or what?

and why would Carolina take that hot pile of garbage and still retain salary?

Do the leafs have some dirt to blackmail Waddell or what?
    Sep. 14, 2020 at 2:45 p.m.
    TAVARES IS A LEAF
    Quoting: KMMHL2012

His reputation precedes him.
    Sep. 14, 2020 at 2:51 p.m.
    Formerly Jamiepo

Why would leafs offer that much for reimer??? Why would they offer anything or want him?
    Sep. 14, 2020 at 2:51 p.m.
    Formerly Jamiepo
    So your idea is to replace good players with ****ty ones?
    Jack_ liked this.
    Sep. 14, 2020 at 2:52 p.m.
    Quoting: Jamiepo
    Why would leafs offer that much for reimer??? Why would they offer anything or want him?

I agree... dumb move on the part of the Leafs, and **** offer if they were for some reason considering this.

OP found a way to screw two teams over with the same trade.
    GenXHockey liked this.
    Sep. 14, 2020 at 2:58 p.m.
    The commissioner
    So your idea is to replace good players with ****ty ones?

the only one i really replaced is Freddy and yes its a real down grade but you cant watch this team and truly tell me you think they are a contender and im not talking just about the 5 games vs the jackets this team is wildly inconsistency and has not real leadership and act like a bunch of spoiled piss babies. they need other players to come in and whip that **** out of them. like i said in the description this kids are good but look at the the ****ed up **** they have done this team is not as good and not as far along as we all thought they were.
    Sep. 14, 2020 at 3:10 p.m.

Are we claiming that James Riemer isn't a hot pile of garbage?
    Sep. 14, 2020 at 3:14 p.m.
    Quoting: Jameshgfgn
    the only one i really replaced is Freddy and yes its a real down grade but you cant watch this team and truly tell me you think they are a contender and im not talking just about the 5 games vs the jackets this team is wildly inconsistency and has not real leadership and act like a bunch of spoiled piss babies. they need other players to come in and whip that **** out of them. like i said in the description this kids are good but look at the the ****ed up **** they have done this team is not as good and not as far along as we all thought they were.

Oh ya you mean the first season all these RFAs got paid the Leafs had an inconsistent season - what did you expect? Ah yes the same season they completely rebuilt the right side D- what did you expect? The Leafs themselves are not the problem , the expectation that a team largely made up of 4 year 22 - 25 yr old players and Cody Ceci is expected to win a series
    GenXHockey liked this.
    Sep. 14, 2020 at 3:14 p.m.
    Quoting: Boomer125
    Are we claiming that James Riemer isn't a hot pile of garbage?

see my other reply below.

I agree... dumb move on the part of the Leafs, and **** offer if they were for some reason considering this.

OP found a way to screw two teams over with the same trade.
    Sep. 14, 2020 at 3:24 p.m.
    Formerly Jamiepo

Jumbo Simmonds and perry in, Johnsson and engvall out.

Gudas and chara in Dermott and lehtonen out, no Sandin either.
    Sep. 14, 2020 at 3:39 p.m.

I'm fine with Simmonds on the team under 2 million - we do need that type of player on the ice so Robertson can fore pucks through him while he screens and he can also smash any player who goes after Robertson
    GenXHockey liked this.
    Sep. 14, 2020 at 3:56 p.m.
    Formerly Jamiepo
    I'm fine with Simmonds on the team under 2 million - we do need that type of player on the ice so Robertson can fore pucks through him while he screens and he can also smash any player who goes after Robertson

No doubt, if he comes cheap I don’t have an issue. Moving out skill for age is an issue on this roster. Spending over 8m on Gudas an chara is a no go. Keep Johnsson and sign Demelo. Problem solved.
    Sep. 14, 2020 at 4:07 p.m.
    No doubt, if he comes cheap I don’t have an issue. Moving out skill for age is an issue on this roster. Spending over 8m on Gudas an chara is a no go. Keep Johnsson and sign Demelo. Problem solved.

Agreed
    Sep. 14, 2020 at 4:34 p.m.
    The commissioner
    Oh ya you mean the first season all these RFAs got paid the Leafs had an inconsistent season - what did you expect? Ah yes the same season they completely rebuilt the right side D- what did you expect? The Leafs themselves are not the problem , the expectation that a team largely made up of 4 year 22 - 25 yr old players and Cody Ceci is expected to win a series

its not just the on ice stuff with this team its the off ice stuff too. no one holds them accountable again Mathews got in trouble for harassing a woman last summer and didnt tell the team and his daddy tried to cover it up not to mention the fact that not only did he not tell the leafs they found out from the ****ing media. marner acted like a ****ing butt hurt baby all last summer saying you didnt give me the same rookie bonuses that you gave Mathews and threw a fit all summer and threatened to play in Europe. nylander sat out then made you look like an asshole that same year by playing badly. im not saying they are not good at hockey because they are and you should try and keep them but no one keeps them in check and they act like they have been there before when they have not even come close and these are the people that are in charge of that locker room and that is just not a winning environment.

SANDIN should NOT be in the NHL next year he is good and i can see him being a number 1-2 Dman some day but he is too small right now and needs more time to develop and as for dermott he seems like a great guy but he just has not taken any steps yes hes coming off on an injury but hes just not rewarding you with his play often enough.

JOHNSSON is a big risk right now you can get rid of him for something but if he has another iffy season you are going to have to pay to get rid of him also that contract is just not good for the leafs too much for a third line guy on THIS team the way they have their cap
    Sep. 14, 2020 at 4:37 p.m.
    its not just the on ice stuff with this team its the off ice stuff too. no one holds them accountable again Mathews got in trouble for harassing a woman last summer and didnt tell the team and his daddy tried to cover it up not to mention the fact that not only did he not tell the leafs they found out from the ****ing media. marner acted like a ****ing butt hurt baby all last summer saying you didnt give me the same rookie bonuses that you gave Mathews and threw a fit all summer and threatened to play in Europe. nylander sat out then made you look like an asshole that same year by playing badly. im not saying they are not good at hockey because they are and you should try and keep them but no one keeps them in check and they act like they have been there before when they have not even come close and these are the people that are in charge of that locker room and that is just not a winning environment.

SANDIN should NOT be in the NHL next year he is good and i can see him being a number 1-2 Dman some day but he is too small right now and needs more time to develop and as for dermott he seems like a great guy but he just has not taken any steps yes hes coming off on an injury but hes just not rewarding you with his play often enough.

JOHNSSON is a big risk right now you can get rid of him for something but if he has another iffy season you are going to have to pay to get rid of him also that contract is just not good for the leafs too much for a third line guy on THIS team the way they have their cap

Are ya done yelling? They are F*****g 22 years old, they are children, expecting any maturity out of them is ridiculous
    Sep. 14, 2020 at 4:44 p.m.
    The commissioner
    Are ya done yelling? They are F*****g 22 years old, they are children, expecting any maturity out of them is ridiculous

so what you should still ****ing know better even at 22. also they are not normal 22 year olds more is expected of them also your bar is way too low for 22 year olds if you think they should not be expected to be somewhat mature. at the very ****ing least you should know not to pull your pants down in public let alone a woman to harass her your thought that in ****ing kindergarten.
    Sep. 14, 2020 at 4:46 p.m.
    so what you should still ****ing know better even at 22. also they are not normal 22 year olds more is expected of them also your bar is way too low for 22 year olds if you think they should not be expected to be somewhat mature. at the very ****ing least you should know not to pull your pants down in public let alone a woman to harass her your thought that in ****ing kindergarten.

We got 1 side of the story bud that's it 1 side - miraculously it all went away
    Sep. 14, 2020 at 4:50 p.m.
    The commissioner
    We got 1 side of the story bud that's it 1 side - miraculously it all went away

yeah and you dont see that as a problem that it just went away like i said no one holds these kids accountable for there actions. I just want to reiterate again just how sorry I am for my actions, my behaviour," Matthews and we got both sides he literally said he did it
    Sep. 14, 2020 at 4:51 p.m.
    yeah and you dont see that as a problem that it just went away like i said no one holds these kids accountable for there actions. I just want to reiterate again just how sorry I am for my actions, my behaviour," Matthews and we got both sides he literally said he did it

Or it went to a court of law and was found to not be all that was claimed - that is possible
    Sep. 14, 2020 at 4:53 p.m.
    The commissioner
    Or it went to a court of law and was found to not be all that was claimed - that is possible

no they settled out of court he paid her to go away. Arizona law allows a person accused of a misdemeanor and the injured party to settle the matter directly. The City of Scottsdale confirmed Thursday that the matter was settled between the parties.
    Sep. 14, 2020 at 5:30 p.m.
    no they settled out of court he paid her to go away. Arizona law allows a person accused of a misdemeanor and the injured party to settle the matter directly. The City of Scottsdale confirmed Thursday that the matter was settled between the parties.

Well there you go all sorted, a misdemeanor, public apology seems appropriate.
    Sep. 14, 2020 at 6:09 p.m.
    The commissioner
    Well there you go all sorted, a misdemeanor, public apology seems appropriate.

the fact that he did it at all is the problem im done you clearly dont get it and are ok with these kids doing what ever and never getting reprimanded
    Sep. 14, 2020 at 6:54 p.m.
    the fact that he did it at all is the problem im done you clearly dont get it and are ok with these kids doing what ever and never getting reprimanded

So what is it that he did? My understanding is he had a few wobbly pops , lost his keys, approached a security guard (that was in a car) and when the security guard was not helpful he made an immature decision and pulled his pants down (exposing his boxers) and proceeded to Ace Ventura the security guard as he walked away - he has publicly apologized, paid a sum of money to the security guard for the "damages" imposed. What more would you like? Should he be banned from playing? Should he forgo a years salary?
    Sep. 14, 2020 at 7:13 p.m.
    The commissioner
    So what is it that he did? My understanding is he had a few wobbly pops , lost his keys, approached a security guard (that was in a car) and when the security guard was not helpful he made an immature decision and pulled his pants down (exposing his boxers) and proceeded to Ace Ventura the security guard as he walked away - he has publicly apologized, paid a sum of money to the security guard for the "damages" imposed. What more would you like? Should he be banned from playing? Should he forgo a years salary?

the fact that he did it at all is not acceptable and the idea that he is supposed to be one of the leaders and one of the people setting the culture in that room is just wrong he clearly cant hens why im saying there needs to be a culture change to this team. as for what should of happened to him if I was the GM I would have suspended him for a game or two especially for making me and the leafs look like assholes and not telling us about it as soon as you knew. since these kids have come into the league the leafs have not had a strong leadership/ good culture.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll