Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
14$81,500,000$50,504,167$0$2,500,000$30,995,833
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
LW
UFA - 1
$4,550,000$4,550,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$4,875,000$4,875,000
RW
UFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 5
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$5,850,000$5,850,000
RW, C
UFA - 6
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$4,000,000$4,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 5
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$8,000,000$8,000,000
LD
UFA - 8
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$2,600,000$2,600,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
G
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 15, 2020 at 12:26 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: Wadejos123
Hawks would probably want the isles pick + a B level prospect for Strome

i could totally see Ottawa doing that.
Wadejos123 liked this.
Sep. 15, 2020 at 1:02 p.m.
Quoting: csick
We are counting our top picks to be top6F/top4Ds. But how quick could our rebuild end if we landed on Ahos/Debrincat/Carlos in the 2nd round

Yeah that would be the ideal scenario lol. I think Foerster and Niederbach are some high upside 2nd rounders that could turn out to be steals in the vein of DeBrincat/Aho if they're developed well. But because we have so many picks, we have more chances of landing one of those steals, and I trust our scouting/development staff (they've done fantastically so far, pretty good record with late round picks, if only we could keep them lol). Alternatively, we have so many picks we can afford to use a few of them to land a sure thing like Cirelli. I really think we should target a good young player under 25 that's already an established NHLer with some of our picks. If the Sharks decide to commit to a rebuild (seems unlikely though...) I could see Labanc being a target for example. If Cirelli becomes available though I think that's a guy we go all out for, we have the resources to outbid most teams.
csick liked this.
Sep. 15, 2020 at 1:03 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: Alfie11
Yeah that would be the ideal scenario lol. I think Foerster and Niederbach are some high upside 2nd rounders that could turn out to be steals in the vein of DeBrincat/Aho if they're developed well. But because we have so many picks, we have more chances of landing one of those steals, and I trust our scouting/development staff (they've done fantastically so far, pretty good record with late round picks, if only we could keep them lol). Alternatively, we have so many picks we can afford to use a few of them to land a sure thing like Cirelli. I really think we should target a good young player under 25 that's already an established NHLer with some of our picks. If the Sharks decide to commit to a rebuild (seems unlikely though...) I could see Labanc being a target for example. If Cirelli becomes available though I think that's a guy we go all out for, we have the resources to outbid most teams.

Labanc, Virtanen etc. But i dont think we need more middle 6 players, we have a ton of them or projected to be there. We need 1st liners and top 4Ds imo
Alfie11 liked this.
Sep. 15, 2020 at 1:16 p.m.
Labanc, Virtanen etc. But i dont think we need more middle 6 players, we have a ton of them or projected to be there. We need 1st liners and top 4Ds imo

Yeah the problem is nobody wants to trade young first liners though lol, we'll have to draft them imo (Tkachuk-Byfield-Raymond is a pretty sick top line though...). There might be a young top 4D out there. Dunn seems very unlikely to become available but he's a guy we outbid everyone for on the off chance they do decide to trade him. Not really sure how many other top 4D might be available. Zadorov, Cernak, or even maybe Dermott would be guys I'd look into the price of.
csick liked this.
Sep. 15, 2020 at 1:17 p.m.
KFTW
Yeah the problem is nobody wants to trade young first liners though lol, we'll have to draft them imo (Tkachuk-Byfield-Raymond is a pretty sick top line though...). There might be a young top 4D out there. Dunn seems very unlikely to become available but he's a guy we outbid everyone for on the off chance they do decide to trade him. Not really sure how many other top 4D might be available. Zadorov, Cernak, or even maybe Dermott would be guys I'd look into the price of.

Thru the draft of course. Byfield and Raymond. And a D top 10 pick next year. https://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-draft-primer-ottawa-senators-1.1524608
Most Sens fans want Rossi at 5 apparently
Sep. 15, 2020 at 1:24 p.m.
Ryan Strome or Dylan Strome? The message says Ryan, the trade box says Dylan.

I think Cirelli is really bad idea - not sure he is 1C, but will certainly cost 1C prices.

My two cents - go get one of LAK young centers if they are taking Byfield. Or another that would come more cheaply. Ryan Poehling. Emil Bemstrom or Barrett Hayton if their teams are seriously restocking the cupboard. Ty Dellandrea. Jan Jenick. Isaac Lundestrom.
Sep. 15, 2020 at 1:25 p.m.
Thru the draft of course. Byfield and Raymond. And a D top 10 pick next year. https://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-draft-primer-ottawa-senators-1.1524608
Most Sens fans want Rossi at 5 apparently

Interesting that they have Pinto as a surefire NHLer, I thought Brown would be more of a sure thing than Pinto at this point. Then again I also think Button is just wrong most of the time. Not that I'm complaining about Pinto lol. Why do people want Rossi at 5 if we get Byfield or Stutzle to go with Brown/Norris/Pinto/White/Tierney? Like, I want Raymond or Holtz. On the goalie front I hope we pick Blomqvist either in the late 2nd or early 3rd, I think he could be the 2nd best goalie out of this draft after Askarov. It helps our goalie development pipeline to draft a good European goalie too, because our NHL/AHL/ECHL starter slots are all gonna be full this year and next barring any trades.
csick liked this.
Sep. 15, 2020 at 1:39 p.m.
KFTW
Interesting that they have Pinto as a surefire NHLer, I thought Brown would be more of a sure thing than Pinto at this point. Then again I also think Button is just wrong most of the time. Not that I'm complaining about Pinto lol. Why do people want Rossi at 5 if we get Byfield or Stutzle to go with Brown/Norris/Pinto/White/Tierney? Like, I want Raymond or Holtz. On the goalie front I hope we pick Blomqvist either in the late 2nd or early 3rd, I think he could be the 2nd best goalie out of this draft after Askarov. It helps our goalie development pipeline to draft a good European goalie too, because our NHL/AHL/ECHL starter slots are all gonna be full this year and next barring any trades.

What about Nico Daws
Sep. 15, 2020 at 2:26 p.m.
What about Nico Daws

He was fantastic in the OHL this year but he's also 20. He could be pretty good but I'd rather take an 18yo with high upside than a 20yo that didn't have enough upside as an 18yo or 19yo for someone to take a chance on him late (like, we took a chance on Mandolese and he became the best starter in the Q this year, I would argue that makes him have higher upside than Daws all things considered). He could just be a late bloomer like Binnington of course, but idk. He also kinda choked at the world juniors lol. I think Daws is too old for the OHL as well, and from an Ottawa point of view we already have Daccord/Gustavsson in the AHL and Mandolese likely starting the year as the ECHL starter so there's not much room in the organization for a goalie who we would want getting pro starts somewhere. Seems like a guy a team with a barren goalie pipeline should be taking, as he already has those two extra years of development.
csick liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll