NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the New York Rangers
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
RW
RFA - 2
Laffy, Ally
$1,000,000$1,000,000
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$3,500,000$3,500,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$2,400,000$2,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
C
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$4,125,000$4,125,000
LW, RW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 1
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
G
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 2
$833,333$833,333
LD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RD
RFA
$5,700,000$5,700,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 18, 2020 at 1:11 p.m.
Carey price declines
jnorrrr, Meeqs and Nelt8 liked this.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 1:14 p.m.
YUUUUUUUUUUUP
max dummy
Sep. 18, 2020 at 1:21 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Kreider's offer need to be considered, but not sure if Habs could afford all those RFAs contracts.

Avs are not interested to talk goalies.

Nice capdump switch and needs filled on WPG-NYR trade.

I wish trades ideas would always be interesting 👍
Sep. 18, 2020 at 1:28 p.m.
Jets decline. Don’t want to swap smith and perreault and we aren’t giving up Roslovic for strome
Windjammer liked this.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 1:33 p.m.
Quoting: jpsnow13
Kreider's offer need to be considered, but not sure if Habs could afford all those RFAs contracts.

Avs are not interested to talk goalies.

Nice capdump switch and needs filled on WPG-NYR trade.

I wish trades ideas would always be interesting 👍

Money swap for MTL is about the same and they have a TON of rentals that will give them options depending on what they do. Having Kreider locked in should be a big deal for them and they desperately need what ADA brings imo. Overall a shuffle that I think could work for both.

The big thing for Colorado is that they are getting a younger goalie with contract control in Geo and a top 6 winger in Buch. NYR gets a ton of grit and players who are still young but have plenty of experience to add a win win veteran presence and different dynamic to the roster. Lundquist might retire and whether he plays or not is up to him but Col has the cap space for this one year to make it work.

After getting Domi the WPG swap just filled both teams needs, evened out the roster a bit.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 1:34 p.m.
Quoting: arafay
Jets decline. Don’t want to swap smith and perreault and we aren’t giving up Roslovic for strome

It has always seemed like the case that Roslovic wont get a fair shot in WPG. This is a super low cost move to get a NHL ready 2c improvement and moving from wing to and extra Dman with no cap swap seems beneficial.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 1:39 p.m.
Quoting: Meeqs
It has always seemed like the case that Roslovic wont get a fair shot in WPG. This is a super low cost move to get a NHL ready 2c improvement and moving from wing to and extra Dman with no cap swap seems beneficial.

The jets don’t want any more depth defensemen since they have niku, Samberg, and heinola who are all nhl ready. Adding a guy like smith causes 2 of them to not make the team rather than one

As for strome, I personally don’t like him as a 2c tbh. Like maurice would play him there, but I think better options are available if we were to include Roslovic. Also Roslovic will be a top 6 forward, and has been given plenty of opportunities as a winger, it’s just a matter of if he will be given a shot as a centre.

Therefore, the jets will not move Roslovic for strome as Roslovic will be better imo.
Windjammer liked this.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 1:43 p.m.
The jets don’t want any more depth defensemen since they have niku, Samberg, and heinola who are all nhl ready. Adding a guy like smith causes 2 of them to not make the team rather than one

As for strome, I personally don’t like him as a 2c tbh. Like maurice would play him there, but I think better options are available if we were to include Roslovic. Also Roslovic will be a top 6 forward, and has been given plenty of opportunities as a winger, it’s just a matter of if he will be given a shot as a centre.

Therefore, the jets will not move Roslovic for strome as Roslovic will be better imo.

Smith is just a cap dump and depth. NYR played him at forward this year at times. If a kid outplays him then you don't worry about scratching him. WPG defense is complete trash so I'm not going to pretend like they dont have space.

I totally respect if you personally would run Roslovic as a 2c but I just saw the Jets go with Eakin at 2c so I am positive it would be an upgrade for them. Also Roslovic so far has proven very little so I think you are valuing him based on your hope of his potential rather than what he has been

I completely respect and understand your preference but I think based on the reality my option presented here is completely reasonable
Sep. 18, 2020 at 6:18 p.m.
Smith is just a cap dump and depth. NYR played him at forward this year at times. If a kid outplays him then you don't worry about scratching him. WPG defense is complete trash so I'm not going to pretend like they dont have space.

I totally respect if you personally would run Roslovic as a 2c but I just saw the Jets go with Eakin at 2c so I am positive it would be an upgrade for them. Also Roslovic so far has proven very little so I think you are valuing him based on your hope of his potential rather than what he has been

I completely respect and understand your preference but I think based on the reality my option presented here is completely reasonable

The jets would rather keep a natural forward in perreault (who is a leader in the locker room and brings 11 % to every game) than playing a left defensemen in his spot. I don’t want to say it makes no sense from the jets perspective but it definitely doesn’t make much sense.

As for a 2c, if we are moving Roslovic in a package for a 2c you can sure as hell bet it won’t be for strome but rather a better 2c like danault, domi, Dylan strome, or Cirelli. If I’m settling for Ryan strome, I’m not moving Roslovic in the package for him. That’s a trade that will only bite Winnipeg in the a$$ in a couple of years.

As for Roslovic, he shows potential every item he’s on the ice. He just hasn’t been able to put it together. If he can put it all together, his Ceiling is rather unknown, but his floor would be a 50 pt player. It’s only a matter of time before he gets there as he’s shown leaps and bounds of improvement every season he is in the nhl. So to say he has proven very little would be false, unless you only look at stats and say that he is only a 3rd line forward (which even then isn’t “little”). And if you only looked at stats, you need to watch a few real games.

Just like stromes stats tell he’s a much better player than he is, Roslovic’s stats tell only half the story. He is due for a breakout season so the jets aren’t moving him for a relatively risky move in strome. For all the jets know, he could be worse than Roslovic without panarin.

Rather than getting strome, the jets are better of keeping Roslovic and seeing if he can play that 2c role himself
Meeqs liked this.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 6:29 p.m.
The jets would rather keep a natural forward in perreault (who is a leader in the locker room and brings 11 % to every game) than playing a left defensemen in his spot. I don’t want to say it makes no sense from the jets perspective but it definitely doesn’t make much sense.

As for a 2c, if we are moving Roslovic in a package for a 2c you can sure as hell bet it won’t be for strome but rather a better 2c like danault, domi, Dylan strome, or Cirelli. If I’m settling for Ryan strome, I’m not moving Roslovic in the package for him. That’s a trade that will only bite Winnipeg in the a$$ in a couple of years.

As for Roslovic, he shows potential every item he’s on the ice. He just hasn’t been able to put it together. If he can put it all together, his Ceiling is rather unknown, but his floor would be a 50 pt player. It’s only a matter of time before he gets there as he’s shown leaps and bounds of improvement every season he is in the nhl. So to say he has proven very little would be false, unless you only look at stats and say that he is only a 3rd line forward (which even then isn’t “little”). And if you only looked at stats, you need to watch a few real games.

Just like stromes stats tell he’s a much better player than he is, Roslovic’s stats tell only half the story. He is due for a breakout season so the jets aren’t moving him for a relatively risky move in strome. For all the jets know, he could be worse than Roslovic without panarin.

Rather than getting strome, the jets are better of keeping Roslovic and seeing if he can play that 2c role himself

I think its pretty fair to say that you value Roslovic very highly, which I completely understand and get. I don't think he has the value to WPG or the NHL that you feel he does.

The only claim I am making is that whether any person personally, from either side, would do it or not, is that the deal itself is fair.

Again for clairity, I could totally get going the route you are suggesting, I think there is a lot of merit to that. I am also totally for them trying at other 2c's depending on the cost. I just think that this is one of the many possible options. I mean I have Roslovic as a 4c here, clearly its not some big important part of what I suggested. It was more about sending Strome to a team that he could do well in for an upside cost and rebalancing the roster cap wise. Its not some hill that I am going to die on.

I will finish off though that if you traded Roslovic and Strome seperately, Strome would return more value currently, even if not by some crazy amount
Sep. 18, 2020 at 6:49 p.m.
I think its pretty fair to say that you value Roslovic very highly, which I completely understand and get. I don't think he has the value to WPG or the NHL that you feel he does.

The only claim I am making is that whether any person personally, from either side, would do it or not, is that the deal itself is fair.

Again for clairity, I could totally get going the route you are suggesting, I think there is a lot of merit to that. I am also totally for them trying at other 2c's depending on the cost. I just think that this is one of the many possible options. I mean I have Roslovic as a 4c here, clearly its not some big important part of what I suggested. It was more about sending Strome to a team that he could do well in for an upside cost and rebalancing the roster cap wise. Its not some hill that I am going to die on.

I will finish off though that if you traded Roslovic and Strome seperately, Strome would return more value currently, even if not by some crazy amount

Roslovic is much more valuable to the jets than to other teams. He is cost controlled, has upside, and is adds scoring to whatever line he’s on. You clearly haven’t seen much of him. He was probably the jest 2nd-3rd (depending on if you think copp was better or worse) best forward in the play in against calgary.

The deal value wise is fair, but it doesn’t make much sense for the jets. Strome likely goes to arbitration with the jets so it’s really 4 years (at least) of Roslovic for a rental of strome. Just not happening. And as I said, the jets (and probably most teams) would prefer perreault over smith.

I think that if you traded them separately, they would get similar value or strome would get slightly more, so I agree there. So why would the jets move 4 years of cost controlled player for 1 year of one that is slightly better? I’m just saying, if I’m moving Roslovic for a 2c, that 2c won’t be strome, or else Roslovic isn’t going anywhere.

As for having eakin at 2c (forgot to answer that part), he was actually quite good before the shutdown. He was brutal in the play in but if there was no play in, I think the jets would definitely have signed him. He was pretty good in that spot. Roslovic isn’t ready for 2c yet, I think he needs some time at 3c first so he want really an option for 2c.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 7:07 p.m.
Roslovic is much more valuable to the jets than to other teams. He is cost controlled, has upside, and is adds scoring to whatever line he’s on. You clearly haven’t seen much of him. He was probably the jest 2nd-3rd (depending on if you think copp was better or worse) best forward in the play in against calgary.

The deal value wise is fair, but it doesn’t make much sense for the jets. Strome likely goes to arbitration with the jets so it’s really 4 years (at least) of Roslovic for a rental of strome. Just not happening. And as I said, the jets (and probably most teams) would prefer perreault over smith.

I think that if you traded them separately, they would get similar value or strome would get slightly more, so I agree there. So why would the jets move 4 years of cost controlled player for 1 year of one that is slightly better? I’m just saying, if I’m moving Roslovic for a 2c, that 2c won’t be strome, or else Roslovic isn’t going anywhere.

As for having eakin at 2c (forgot to answer that part), he was actually quite good before the shutdown. He was brutal in the play in but if there was no play in, I think the jets would definitely have signed him. He was pretty good in that spot. Roslovic isn’t ready for 2c yet, I think he needs some time at 3c first so he want really an option for 2c.

Firstly, there is no reason to make up a pretend world where you think I don't watch the games some how. Like lets not be silly.

Its clear you are a big believe in him, I like him as a player too, but its also clear that WPG has had every opportunity to give him that job and hasn't.

I totally feel where you are coming from, there is no confusion on that part.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 7:22 p.m.
Firstly, there is no reason to make up a pretend world where you think I don't watch the games some how. Like lets not be silly.

Its clear you are a big believe in him, I like him as a player too, but its also clear that WPG has had every opportunity to give him that job and hasn't.

I totally feel where you are coming from, there is no confusion on that part.

I am not saying you haven’t watched games, I’m just saying that if you don’t see his potential, you need to watch more since he can disappear at times. Sorry for the confusion there

Winnipeg has given him plenty of chances but at all at rw. I think he is ready for top 6 rw minutes now, but he still isn’t ready for 2c. With his progression he should be ready soon, and honestly, I think maurice has handled Roslovic pretty well. Roslovic proved this year he wasn’t ready to be 2c long term yet. When Lowry was injured, maurice moved Roslovic to centre for a few games and he was quite good as the 3C. I think with more time there, he could develop into an effective 2c. So I don’t think maurice has handled him so bad and he has been given opportunities. The jets just can’t hand him the 2c job either. They have to win games so they can’t just throw him in between laine and ehlers when he’s not ready. So they were right not to play him there.

Roslovic’s progession has been very slow but steady. Over the past 2 and a bit years he has gone from depth player to 4c to 3rd liner to middle six forward. He has shown he is learning more and more about the nhl game every time he steps in the ice and is now getting to Theo king where he is starting to be a dynamic play driver (think ehlers but lite version). I think that if Roslovic proves he’s ready for centre minutes on a consistent basis, maurice will play him there and it’s only a matter of time after that before he becomes 2c

Frankly, I like maurice tbh (unlike most jets fans). His systems are hard to teach young player but it is a good system. Yes the jets get hit with lots of shots but when Maurice’s system is going well, they are almost all from the outside of the slot which is very good. However, I think all of Maurice’s assistants need to be changed. I would say bring up pascal Vincent but 1) that’s a demotion for him and 2) the work does with the moose is invaluable. In fact, our only good assistant in woodcroft is now coaching college hockey (great for him though). So we need new assistants if Maurice’s’ or really anyone’s systems are to work. Sorry I went on a bit of a rant there.

So I think the jets have given Roslovic plenty of opportunities (especially this year) but he hasn’t made the most of them. That’s not to say he hasn’t learnt from his opportunities though.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 7:59 p.m.
I am not saying you haven’t watched games, I’m just saying that if you don’t see his potential, you need to watch more since he can disappear at times. Sorry for the confusion there

Winnipeg has given him plenty of chances but at all at rw. I think he is ready for top 6 rw minutes now, but he still isn’t ready for 2c. With his progression he should be ready soon, and honestly, I think maurice has handled Roslovic pretty well. Roslovic proved this year he wasn’t ready to be 2c long term yet. When Lowry was injured, maurice moved Roslovic to centre for a few games and he was quite good as the 3C. I think with more time there, he could develop into an effective 2c. So I don’t think maurice has handled him so bad and he has been given opportunities. The jets just can’t hand him the 2c job either. They have to win games so they can’t just throw him in between laine and ehlers when he’s not ready. So they were right not to play him there.

Roslovic’s progession has been very slow but steady. Over the past 2 and a bit years he has gone from depth player to 4c to 3rd liner to middle six forward. He has shown he is learning more and more about the nhl game every time he steps in the ice and is now getting to Theo king where he is starting to be a dynamic play driver (think ehlers but lite version). I think that if Roslovic proves he’s ready for centre minutes on a consistent basis, maurice will play him there and it’s only a matter of time after that before he becomes 2c

Frankly, I like maurice tbh (unlike most jets fans). His systems are hard to teach young player but it is a good system. Yes the jets get hit with lots of shots but when Maurice’s system is going well, they are almost all from the outside of the slot which is very good. However, I think all of Maurice’s assistants need to be changed. I would say bring up pascal Vincent but 1) that’s a demotion for him and 2) the work does with the moose is invaluable. In fact, our only good assistant in woodcroft is now coaching college hockey (great for him though). So we need new assistants if Maurice’s’ or really anyone’s systems are to work. Sorry I went on a bit of a rant there.

So I think the jets have given Roslovic plenty of opportunities (especially this year) but he hasn’t made the most of them. That’s not to say he hasn’t learnt from his opportunities though.

I'm totally with you in seeing the possibility when it comes to the player, but until you do then you aren't getting that value. "Potential" is the biggest lie in all of sports. Now I do understand betting on guys you think will get there, and can respect if for you he is one of those players, I'm personally not. I think he will be a serviceable 3rd line player with possible 2nd line upside but I don't think he is anything special.

WPG has 4 1st line wingers, if they move one to solve an issue then great you have Roslovic. He could be a good 3rd liner for a team which is a good option for the team. However if that dude is your 2c barring a massive break out, your team isn't going to make it very far.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 11:01 p.m.
I'm totally with you in seeing the possibility when it comes to the player, but until you do then you aren't getting that value. "Potential" is the biggest lie in all of sports. Now I do understand betting on guys you think will get there, and can respect if for you he is one of those players, I'm personally not. I think he will be a serviceable 3rd line player with possible 2nd line upside but I don't think he is anything special.

WPG has 4 1st line wingers, if they move one to solve an issue then great you have Roslovic. He could be a good 3rd liner for a team which is a good option for the team. However if that dude is your 2c barring a massive break out, your team isn't going to make it very far.

I totally agree with you on almost all of that. However, I’m just not moving Roslovic for a guy like strome because as you said for Roslovic, of strome is our 2c I think we are in trouble as well. I expect a massive drop off away from panarin for him. Also I think a 50-60 pt centre would be more than enough for Winnipeg and Roslovic can be that imo. However, he needs minutes at centre. We also need to see if he can handle the defensive side of the role (which is mainly why he’s been a winger so far). However he is getting better so here’s to hoping.

As I said, I’m not moving much for strome, I just don’t think much of him. It’s not about valuing Roslovic that much. I would totally trade Roslovic if we can get a guy like dumba/severson or a sure bet 2c in return (like cirelli)

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll