the offseason id like

Created by: nbass
Team: 2020-21 Carolina Hurricanes
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 21, 2020
Published: Sep. 21, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
i know most people dont read descriptions but something that i find funny

Canes fans hate when leafs fans value their players like trash. Leafs fans make fun of canes fans for said freakout, and the loop just continues. Honestly, its more funny than anything else

also Puljujarvi plays line 1 and Svech plays line two for two reasons
1. Plays with Finns, language barrier he has yet to overcome
2. Svech-Trocheck-Necas was used in round 1, worked pretty ok since that line just flat out flies

then you have a decent amount of money for svech and dougie extensions, but extremely hot take, if dougie doesn't produce at the same rate he was doing before injury and his contract ask is too high, i'd check the market on him. He is a great player and works extremely well in the canes defensive system, but dude has put up this sort of production for 6 months then a very unfortunate injury. The start of next season is gonna be super important to his contract talks, and I pray to the lord above Pietrangelo doesn't get more than 9 million and krug stays on the higher side of 7 million, because he'll use those as benchmarks

I put way too much thought into this but hopefully it's not absolute trash
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,500,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$2,000,000
2$1,500,000
Trades
CAR
  1. Kuemper, Darcy
Additional Details:
value might be off slightly but i feel that this would be nice for both sides
ARI
  1. Bean, Jake
  2. Reimer, James
  3. 2021 3rd round pick (CAR)
CAR
  1. 2021 3rd round pick (COL)
Additional Details:
saw this somewhere, seemed ok for both sides, Carolina get off his contract a year early (even though I like him a lot and thinks he never got a fair shot in the top six) and Avs get a player that ends up being a nice middle six rental
CAR
  1. Chiasson, Alex
  2. Puljujärvi, Jesse [Reserve List]
Additional Details:
ive done this trade so much but i got an edmonton approval for the trade once. nino playing with drai or mcdavid could easily go back to form from the Minny days. Puljujarvi finally plays with some Finnish players that aren't a goalie and Chiasson for money value but could be a nice piece in the bottom six
EDM
  1. Niederreiter, Nino ($1,250,000 retained)
  2. 2020 3rd round pick (BUF)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the STL
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$76,034,821$1,367,073$3,340,000$5,465,179

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$5,400,000$5,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$8,460,250$8,460,250
C
UFA - 4
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RW
RFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$2,150,000$2,150,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$763,333$763,333 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
C, RW
RFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,300,000$5,300,000
LD
UFA - 5
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
UFA - 4
$4,025,000$4,025,000
RD
UFA - 4
$3,125,000$3,125,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,050,000$4,050,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$863,333$863,333
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$809,166$809,166 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RD
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 21, 2020 at 11:34 p.m.
Can’t imagine Zona wants a goalie back but it’s only 1 year with next to nothing on payroll so maybe. Or they just flip him. Definitely interesting.

Easy no from Edm.
Sep. 21, 2020 at 11:35 p.m.
So true on the description lol. I really hate the idea of moving bean before we know what we have, I think it could be a huge mistake. With that said I like all the targets and the price seems about right for all of them. I really hope we can sign dougie around 8-8.5 I think that’s pretty fair value
Sep. 21, 2020 at 11:38 p.m.
tony d took a knee
Quoting: Gofnut999
Can’t imagine Zona wants a goalie back but it’s only 1 year with next to nothing on payroll so maybe. Or they just flip him. Definitely interesting.

Easy no from Edm.

i can understand the no from edmonton, just trying to find a way to get Puljujarvi since he would be a perfect fit with the canes
Sep. 21, 2020 at 11:38 p.m.
Quoting: Gofnut999

Easy no from Edm.

Why would u say easy no for Edmonton? I could see the canes maybe doing a 2nd instead of a 3rd. Nino retained to 4 mil is not a bad contract plus the canes take contract back. Pulj is unlikely to ever work in Edmonton. I think the moves helps both teams because playing in the top 6 in Edmonton nino could easily get back to 50-55 points
Sep. 21, 2020 at 11:39 p.m.
tony d took a knee
Quoting: etpeck
So true on the description lol. I really hate the idea of moving bean before we know what we have, I think it could be a huge mistake. With that said I like all the targets and the price seems about right for all of them. I really hope we can sign dougie around 8-8.5 I think that’s pretty fair value

it is just gotta make sure he produces at that level. Bean can get a nice value and it would suck to move him but im guessing the organization just doesn't feel the same about him since they brought in skjei and vatanen at the deadline
Sep. 21, 2020 at 11:43 p.m.
Quoting: nbass
it is just gotta make sure he produces at that level. Bean can get a nice value and it would suck to move him but im guessing the organization just doesn't feel the same about him since they brought in skjei and vatanen at the deadline

I think that was more out of desperation at the deadline. The canes had to make the playoffs or it would be a disaster for the organization. They also saw how fleury’s development was hurt by rushing him in. As a result they brought in Skjei and vatanen. If bean was brought in he would have likely also had to play his offside which again isn’t ideal for a young guy making his debut. My guess with Skjei is the canes had planned to be able to love him out during the offseason and recoup a second, but with the cap not going up that is going to be more difficult
Sep. 21, 2020 at 11:45 p.m.
tony d took a knee
I think that was more out of desperation at the deadline. The canes had to make the playoffs or it would be a disaster for the organization. They also saw how fleury’s development was hurt by rushing him in. As a result they brought in Skjei and vatanen. If bean was brought in he would have likely also had to play his offside which again isn’t ideal for a young guy making his debut. My guess with Skjei is the canes had planned to be able to love him out during the offseason and recoup a second, but with the cap not going up that is going to be more difficult

i don't know why canes fans dont like skjei. dude was being mismanaged in a NY system. Yeah, he had some bad moments but pair/shelter him with pesce and let him get more aggressive with the nice skating he has shown and he could be a very nice piece.
Sep. 21, 2020 at 11:50 p.m.
i don't know why canes fans dont like skjei. dude was being mismanaged in a NY system. Yeah, he had some bad moments but pair/shelter him with pesce and let him get more aggressive with the nice skating he has shown and he could be a very nice piece.

Oh i dont mind Skjei, but he is easier to move than Gardiner most likely. Analytics people hate Skjei, but again i think its more a factor of the rangers being awful defensively than Skjei being bad. I was just saying that if the canes are going to get Bean in the line up he would have to be the guy who is moved out most likely
Sep. 21, 2020 at 11:51 p.m.
tony d took a knee
Oh i dont mind Skjei, but he is easier to move than Gardiner most likely. Analytics people hate Skjei, but again i think its more a factor of the rangers being awful defensively than Skjei being bad. I was just saying that if the canes are going to get Bean in the line up he would have to be the guy who is moved out most likely

yeah, i think i just like gardiner and skjei more than other canes fans lol
Sep. 22, 2020 at 12:00 a.m.
yeah, i think i just like gardiner and skjei more than other canes fans lol

I mean I’m ok with Gardiner if we get the good Gardiner, but we didn’t see that often last season
Sep. 22, 2020 at 12:02 a.m.
tony d took a knee
I mean I’m ok with Gardiner if we get the good Gardiner, but we didn’t see that often last season

fair, i got no argument there. I have no idea why when dougie went down they didnt let gardiner run the PP1 instead of slavin but Fleury/Gardiner is a killer third pairing and was actually really nice during the play-ins/play-offs
Sep. 22, 2020 at 1:31 a.m.
Emperor
The Keumper trade isn't something I would do from AZ's perspective. With the rumour there's a first on the table, I'd rather that than Bean and a third. Riemer is interesting because it's short term, low actual dollars, but I'm not sure if it dilutes the value when you already have Raanta and Hill to platoon.

... but if Armstrong really likes what he's seen of Bean, it does not seem completely crazy, either. If they're high on Bean and see he's buried, I'm sure they'd look to poach him.
Sep. 22, 2020 at 6:11 a.m.
Why would u say easy no for Edmonton? I could see the canes maybe doing a 2nd instead of a 3rd. Nino retained to 4 mil is not a bad contract plus the canes take contract back. Pulj is unlikely to ever work in Edmonton. I think the moves helps both teams because playing in the top 6 in Edmonton nino could easily get back to 50-55 points

Nino is a very inconsistent player with 2 yrs left on his deal even at 4mil his production isn’t enough of a upgrade over Chiasson 2.1mil and he’s only got this season left, to big of a IF that Nino returns to form there’s a reason he’s bounced around, JP cost Holland nothing if he’s moved he’ll be moved for a young player maybe a player in the same situation needing a change won’t be for a player that is older on a bad contract that will only be around a yr or two. I still believe JP will be back in Oiler colours Holland’s not letting JP dictate his hand there has been enough talk from JP himself and his agent that he’d be open to a return to Edmonton
Sep. 22, 2020 at 3:35 p.m.
tony d took a knee
Quoting: Del_
The Keumper trade isn't something I would do from AZ's perspective. With the rumour there's a first on the table, I'd rather that than Bean and a third. Riemer is interesting because it's short term, low actual dollars, but I'm not sure if it dilutes the value when you already have Raanta and Hill to platoon.

... but if Armstrong really likes what he's seen of Bean, it does not seem completely crazy, either. If they're high on Bean and see he's buried, I'm sure they'd look to poach him.

Pierre LeBrun mentioned a deal of Reimer+ would work because Reimer is only owed 850k in real money so he'd be a nice traget at backup
Sep. 22, 2020 at 4:51 p.m.
Emperor
Pierre LeBrun mentioned a deal of Reimer+ would work because Reimer is only owed 850k in real money so he'd be a nice traget at backup

They have Hill at 800k on a one-way deal. Probably means he's the backup. Like I said, it's interesting, but I'm not sure they see him as a value add. More like accommodating Carolina in a way that doesn't hurt either team.

I'd rather have the rumoured first than Bean, but who knows what Armstrong is thinking. It's plausible --which is way more than can be said for most deals you see being proposed. So good work smile
nbass liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll