Initial Creation Date: Sep. 24, 2020
Published: Sep. 24, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Draft Protections

F: couture hertl meier labanc kase kane kellman
D: vlasic karlsson dillon
G: dobby

Either Voracek, Jones, Suomela, or Heed is selected by SEA. (sharks resign benning after expansion draft)

Also, sub in bob greisse for dobby on a 3x2 as a plan b if there's a better offer for dobby.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$1,900,000
2$750,000
3$3,600,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$3,700,000
1$750,000
1$750,000
3$3,000,000
1$900,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Heed, Tim
2$900,000
Trades
BOS
  1. Simek, Radim
  2. 2020 2nd round pick (COL)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$76,938,333$0$725,000$4,561,667

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$8,000,000$8,000,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 7
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$5,625,000$5,625,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$3,600,000$3,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$750,000$750,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,700,000$3,700,000
LD
UFA - 4
$10,000,000$10,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 7
$3,000,000$3,000,000
G
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
UFA - 2
$1,900,000$1,900,000
RD
UFA - 2
$5,750,000$5,750,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LD/RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
RD
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Heed, Tim
$900,000$900,000
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 24, 2020 at 2:47 p.m.
It's a hard No from the Bruins.

usually not a good practice to trade top 6 winger for 7th dman.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 2:51 p.m.
train, train
Quoting: Propeller09

Simek? A 7th dman? You're out of your mind.

He's a 2nd pairing defensive Ldman who plays heavy (but isn't slow), which, as it happens, fits the bill for what the Bruins need. He was defensively and physically DOMINANT in 2018-19 in our WCF run. The adv stats back that up. Sure, there was the down year last year literally for the entire team, but it's easy to have a down year when 1) you're injured and 2) the entire team whom you're playing with is also fatigued and having a down year so what's the point of doing your best.

Feel free to pass on the trade but stop with the "a 7th dman at best" nonsense. Save it for John Moore.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 2:53 p.m.
SJS Tanking fan
Gregor over Leonard for now, Merkley starts in AHL and Dobby probably gets closer to 5M in open market
Sep. 24, 2020 at 2:58 p.m.

Quoting: CheechYou

He's a 2nd pairing defensive Ldman who plays heavy (but isn't slow), which, as it happens, fits the bill for what the Bruins need. He was defensively and physically DOMINANT in 2018-19 in our WCF run. The adv stats back that up. Sure, there was the down year last year literally for the entire team, but it's easy to have a down year when 1) you're injured and 2) the entire team whom you're playing with is also fatigued and having a down year so what's the point of doing your best.

Feel free to pass on the trade but stop with the "a 7th dman at best" nonsense. Save it for John Moore.

Yeah, Simek isn't a 7th D. Bruins would need to upgrade on Kase before trading him so I don't think it's likely.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 2:59 p.m.
train, train
Quoting: Whiskerz
Gregor over Leonard for now, Merkley starts in AHL and Dobby probably gets closer to 5M in open market

You never know, everything is projection at this point with such an extended break. A lot of the same comments that were given to Ferraro last year before he made it to the team (i.e. high iq, has a tremendous motor) have been basically uniquely been given to Leonard and they've been very open about him having a good chance to start the season with the team. It could be Gregor, and I'd say he has the edge for sure and Leonard would have to show off those accolades in camp, but I'm personally betting on him doing so.

Goalie projections are super tricky. An earlier comment mentioned how dobby and nabby are good friends (mentor/protégée too). I don't see the current market allowing a 34yr old goalie to get more than 4mil a year. It's possible but I'm thinking a two (maybe even three to make it work) year deal gives him enough incentive to find a home in SJ.

Merkley I think starts with SJ, or at least that's the desired plan for management. But if he disappoints and doesn't have a good camp, go with Heed.
Whiskerz and LoftyTealBlood liked this.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 3:00 p.m.
Edited Sep. 24, 2020 at 3:07 p.m.
Quoting: CheechYou

He's a 2nd pairing defensive Ldman who plays heavy (but isn't slow), which, as it happens, fits the bill for what the Bruins need. Sure, there was the down year last year literally for the entire team, but it's easy to have a down year when 1) you're injured and 2) the entire team whom he's playing with is also fatigued and having a down year so what's the point of doing your best.

No more defenseman under 6'
Connor Clifton who plays both sides plays heavy. Simek is physically, but not heavy. He is also not young at 28 years old. They both had 90 hits Clifton in 30 games Simek in 50. Clifton is 25 and under contract for 3x1m.

I am good. Don't want Simek. At all.

Without a doubt he is not in starting 6 for Bruins. with or without Chara and Krug.

McAcoy, Carlo, Grz, Lauzon, Vaak, ? (whoever they sign or trade for). Not Simek- Kase is 100x more valuable. If they trade Debrusk or Kase who is essentially the same player, but better defensively - Sweeney has said he was a LHD with same age and upside. Not Simek. Dude peaked.

They are not going to let JAG play instead of their younger guys. It doesn't make sense. Simek does not move the needle at all.

Health is a skill as well.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 3:00 p.m.
Quoting: bhavikp27
Yeah, Simek isn't a 7th D. Bruins would need to upgrade on Kase before trading him so I don't think it's likely.

He is a 7h dman. He is the physical version of John Moore.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 3:01 p.m.
train, train
Quoting: bhavikp27

They have a lot of cap space. I really wouldn't be surprised if they lure Toffoli on a 6x5 deal and price him out of VAN.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 3:06 p.m.
LoftyTealBlood
Simeks contract is so good I don't want to give it up. I would love Kase though. I love Lenonard but he needs a season in the A IMO. Yurtaykin or Gregor slot in there depending on number of eligibility games without exposer in the expansion draft.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 3:07 p.m.
LoftyTealBlood
He is a 7h dman. He is the physical version of John Moore.

As someone who watched him every day I disagree but I'm happy to keep him
Sep. 24, 2020 at 3:13 p.m.
Quoting: LoftyTealBlood
As someone who watched him every day I disagree but I'm happy to keep him

He played a lot with Burns who probably helped him. He is probably at best a 3rd pairing guy on a playoff team.
He just doesn't move the needle at all. He doesn't improve the Bruins Defense. If they are going to aquire a dman - why plug the hole with him? Bring back Chara who is better at 67 years old than Simek.
I don't care if he is tough, they need someone who isn't short, Torey krug is as strong as they come, Grz too, but they are still overmatched and get out positioned/muscled.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 3:19 p.m.
LoftyTealBlood
He played a lot with Burns who probably helped him. He is probably at best a 3rd pairing guy on a playoff team.
He just doesn't move the needle at all. He doesn't improve the Bruins Defense. If they are going to aquire a dman - why plug the hole with him? Bring back Chara who is better at 67 years old than Simek.
I don't care if he is tough, they need someone who isn't short, Torey krug is as strong as they come, Grz too, but they are still overmatched and get out positioned/muscled.

I'm sure Doug Wilson could put together a different package for him. Not sure you would be in love with any of them but they would be close to balanced, Could you be okay moving on from him? Just wondering maybe he's like your kids favorite player or something.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 3:35 p.m.
I'm sure Doug Wilson could put together a different package for him. Not sure you would be in love with any of them but they would be close to balanced, Could you be okay moving on from him? Just wondering maybe he's like your kids favorite player or something.

Huh?
No, I just try to pay attention. Yes, of course he could put a deal together for Kase, but you don't have LD that would be involved. It would be Lebanc + and I don't see SJ doing that.
A) The Bruins are looking for a Top 4 - 25 or younger LHD Not some 28 JAG from Czech Republic. They could just sign Kudas for the same money. Or do what this post did and sign Dillion for a little more and is substantially better and more along the lines of what the Bruins need. They tried to acquire him at deadline. They did not to the best of my knowledge inquire about Simek.

B) They are not moving a guy they just traded a 1st rd pick for after he looked good in limited time. They are not trading that guy for Radim Simek.

The equivalent trade going the other way is John Moore for Lebanc. Sharks are not doing it.

Fine with moving him, but given he looked good, and he cost them a 1st, it would need to be a deal the Bruins clearly win. I don't see a lot of those deals. Like Kase for Hertl or Lebanc and a 1st.

I don't your prospects very well, but there isn't a fit unless you want to blow the Bruins away.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 3:46 p.m.
LoftyTealBlood
Huh?
No, I just try to pay attention. Yes, of course he could put a deal together for Kase, but you don't have LD that would be involved. It would be Lebanc + and I don't see SJ doing that.
A) The Bruins are looking for a Top 4 - 25 or younger LHD Not some 28 JAG from Czech Republic. They could just sign Kudas for the same money. Or do what this post did and sign Dillion for a little more and is substantially better and more along the lines of what the Bruins need. They tried to acquire him at deadline. They did not to the best of my knowledge inquire about Simek.

B) They are not moving a guy they just traded a 1st rd pick for after he looked good in limited time. They are not trading that guy for Radim Simek.

The equivalent trade going the other way is John Moore for Lebanc. Sharks are not doing it.

Fine with moving him, but given he looked good, and he cost them a 1st, it would need to be a deal the Bruins clearly win. I don't see a lot of those deals. Like Kase for Hertl or Lebanc and a 1st.

I don't your prospects very well, but there isn't a fit unless you want to blow the Bruins away.

Yeah I agree with your assessment. I didn't mean to offend and suppose I was being a bit tongue in cheek there, I apologize for that. It doesn't look like it could work to me either. However I think if Wilson has him as a target he would just make it look too good to pass up. I don't think it's the way they will go with this staff and existing personnel ect.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 4:08 p.m.
Yeah I agree with your assessment. I didn't mean to offend and suppose I was being a bit tongue in cheek there, I apologize for that. It doesn't look like it could work to me either. However I think if Wilson has him as a target he would just make it look too good to pass up. I don't think it's the way they will go with this staff and existing personnel ect.

Yeah- wasn't trying to be jerk either. To be fair (to be faiiiiiiirrrrrrr) Bruins have had a size problem for a few years and haven't addressed it properly. No reason to think they will now.

I was a probably bit harsh on Simek for dramatic effect. The Bruins just have 8 different version of him, what they need is a legit top pairing LD, or... 2LD if they think Vaakanainan is ready to be Esa Lindell. He's realistically still a couple years away, but he should be able to hold is own in that 2/3 LD spot until he develops.
CheechYou liked this.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 4:37 p.m.
LoftyTealBlood
Yeah in this cash and capped strapped world Vaaka IS your option, IMO, really in that spot for now. No I apologize again, getting away from the topic is a tendency I am working on. Major NO NO to bring in kids ever. It made me realize I was taking it personnel when I shouldn't....after all it's just theoretical. I would also like to thank you for not responding in a negative way to my comment and using logic, and practicality to dispute my claims. Without knowing you diffused my state of mind. I wish your team well if we have a next season except for Marchand...no offense but licking I mean gross lol
Propeller09 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll