SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Where will Askarov end up?

Where will Askarov end up?

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: MorningBlackwood
Published: Sep. 28, 2020 at 5:15 a.m.
Description
Askarov is an A+ prospect as a goalie. He has been killing it in the KHL this season so far at the age of 18. That is very impressive for a goalie at that age in the 2nd best league in the world. I think that 1st team outside the top 5 with lack of goalie prospects/future starters will take him. ANA - Gibson, NJD - Blackwood, Buffalo - Lukkonen and Ullmark, MIN - maybe Kahkonen and Hunter Jones, but are they future elite starters? Probably not. So I got Minnesota taking Askarov.
Sep. 28, 2020 at 6:21 a.m.
Lenny7
I know it'd be a bold strategy to do it, and it'd be a pretty low percentage chance that they go that way, but Yzerman went off the board last year to get Seider, and it wouldn't blow my mind if he did it again with Askarov.

It'd actually surprise me less to see Detroit take him than it would to see Minny take him. Kahkonen looks like he could be a future stud. After Detroit, I'd say Nashville at 11OA, Carolina at 13OA or Edmonton at 14OA. Can't imagine he makes it to Chicago, though I'm sure they'd be pretty happy to take him.
ChiHawk liked this.
Sep. 28, 2020 at 9:45 a.m.
I hate this team
I think canes snatch askorov at 13th, he’d fit well in Carolina. They need a goalie as well so it’s perfect
ChiHawk, MorningBlackwood and Remus liked this.
Sep. 28, 2020 at 12:05 p.m.
LGI
Carolina makes the most sense. All that they are missing is a true #1 goalie and Askarov could eventually be that guy
MorningBlackwood liked this.
Sep. 28, 2020 at 5:38 p.m.
Quoting: Lenny7
I know it'd be a bold strategy to do it, and it'd be a pretty low percentage chance that they go that way, but Yzerman went off the board last year to get Seider, and it wouldn't blow my mind if he did it again with Askarov.

It'd actually surprise me less to see Detroit take him than it would to see Minny take him. Kahkonen looks like he could be a future stud. After Detroit, I'd say Nashville at 11OA, Carolina at 13OA or Edmonton at 14OA. Can't imagine he makes it to Chicago, though I'm sure they'd be pretty happy to take him.

Good point, but it would make no sense for Nashville to pick Askarov. They've got Saros as their starter for a long time. Also, they've got Ingram, who can be a future Backup/Fringe starter.
Lenny7 liked this.
Sep. 28, 2020 at 5:41 p.m.
Quoting: niko
Carolina makes the most sense. All that they are missing is a true #1 goalie and Askarov could eventually be that guy

If Minnesota passes on him, Carolina would probably take him... But they still have Nedeljkovic, who I can see as a future starter.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll