SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Mock Draft part 4 Final Mock (with explanations)

Mock Draft part 4 Final Mock (with explanations)

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: DavidS36
Published: Sep. 29, 2020 at 1:41 p.m.
Description
Thank you to all who have given their feedback, maybe I'll do one more mock before the draft If i get more feedback.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the New York Rangers-If the Rangers want to keep the #1 pick they should not pass up on Alexis Lafreniere
2Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-LA seems to have a lot of interest in Tim Stuzle and I think that they can't go wrong with this pick
3Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose Sharks#1 center potential in Quinton Byfield will be hard to pass on if he slides to number 3
4Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-After taking Moritz Seider last year at 6th, the Red Wings will most likely look to boost their offensive prospect pool depth this year. I think this pick will either be Marco Rossi or Cole Perfetti, for me they go with Rossi
5Logo of the Ottawa Senators-After picking Tim Stutlze, I think Ottawa will look to find that defense pairing to play along side of Thomas Chabot
6Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Anaheim was able to pick Trevos Zegras last year and this year i think they will look to Cole Perfetti to be his wing partner. Perfetti is listed as a centerman but I think that he would have no problem finding success as a wing in the NHL
7Logo of the New Jersey Devils-The New Jersey Devils in this years draft will most likely be looking for a player that will give them a scoring touch that they have been lacking since trading away Taylor Hall
8Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Alexander Holtz might be the perfect fit in Buffalo, surrounded by other Swedish born players and will get the chance to play on the wing along side of Jack Eichel
9Logo of the Minnesota Wild-The core of this Minnesota Wild team is starting to get older and they need to start getting younger. Anton Lundell might be the right center piece that they are looking for to build around as the years go on.
10Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-The Winnipeg Jets have one of the most lethal offenses in the entire NHL but their defensive depth is lacking. Jake Sanderson is a high level 2-way defenseman that should fit in nicely in Winnipeg
11Logo of the Nashville Predators-Nashville is a team with impeccable defensive players and incredible offensive depth, but one of thier main issues over the past year was the lack of scoring. Adding a player like Jack Quinn might be the best solution to the problem.
12Logo of the Florida Panthers-This one is really simple, Florida is very good at scoring goals but not so good at not letting the other team score goals. Solution? Yes - Kaiden Guhle
13Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsIf Askarov is still available at this point in the draft I would not be surprised to see a team like San Jose try to trade up to pick him, but I'm not going to torture myself into trying to predict all of those. That being said Carolina Hurricanes are a team that doesn't need many upgrades right now but one problem that continues to taunt them is their need for a long term goalie for the franchise. Yaroslav Askarov is the highest ranked goalie in this years draft and would be able to take his time to develop before being pushed into the League
14Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-After taking two top tier defensemen in the past two years, the Edmonton Oilers will most likely look to boost thier offensive depth. Seth Jarvis would be perfect for that exact task.
15Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsToronto has so much star power on offense I think that they need to address their defensive issue or maybe their goaltending issues
16Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-After stealing Cole Caufield at 15 last year, who is now plaing at Wisconsion, the Montreal Canadians can go either way with this pick. They could either reach a little and go with a defenseman or pick up Cole Caufield's teammate at Wisconsion Dylan Holloway.
17Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-This is one of the harder picks to predict. Blackhawks have such a good young core on offense and have an aging defensive core but over the last couple of years they have addressed their defensive prospect depth. With that being said I still think that they are going to go with a defencemen. (if i did decide to put an offensemen instead i would put Mercer)
18Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Arizona CoyotesThe Devils need to address their defensive prospects but i don't think that they will want to reach with this pick. Most likely gonna go with a forward.
19Logo of the Calgary Flames-The Calgary Flames are a team that is aging fast and looking to get younger, I see them taking the best forward available
20Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Vancouver CanucksAfter selecting two forwards in this draft alone I think that the Devils will reach for the best available D-man
21Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Columbus is going to look for a two-way player that really fits Torts' style.
22Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Carolina HurricanesRangers will be extremely lucky if Connor Zary falls this low and I don't see them passing up on a center of his caliber.
23Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Philly is another interesting situation. They juet had a really deep playoff run and I think that they will be looking to do that again next season. With that being said I think that they either take a defenseman here or trade this pick for a early 2nd round pick.
24Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Something about Lukas Reichel in Colorado just worked for me, I do see the Avs taking a forward and i have that feeling that Reichel is on their watchlist
25Logo of the Washington Capitals-Similar to the Flyers, the Caps are another team that will most likely look to make upgrades for next season but if they decide to hang on to this pick I see them picking the best prospect available
26Logo of the St. Louis Blues-As with the Caps, the Blues fell short this year and clearly did not make it as far as that would ahve liked in the playoffs. With their captain about to hit free agentcy I think that they might use their pick to move some cap space but since im not about to spend 3 hours predicting trades i have them picking up a depth forward.
27Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston BruinsI have the ducks taking Perfetti earlier in the draft so im gonna switch it up here and have them take a d-man
28Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York IslandersHaving three first round picks this year puts Ottawa in a unique situation. They already took two top tier players in Quinton Byfield and Jamie Drysdale. No matter who they take with this pick they will still be looked at has having a good first round, with that being said I expect them to reach for a player that could land on either end of the spectrum.
29Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Similar to FLA, this pick is simple. Vegas is a new team with a very small prospect pool right now. I do see them picking a D-man and they will most likely look to the best D-man available
30Logo of the Dallas Stars-Dallas showed tremendous depth in this playoffs but there core is getting old and they will try to look to a player that can play in multiple positions
31Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningSan Jose Is a team getting older every time I look at them. They already have set top pairing d-men for years to come but their forward group is aging out of their prime.
Sep. 29, 2020 at 2:51 p.m.
I heff to be mad...
THE LEAFS ARE TAKING BRADEN SCHNEIDER

The Blackhawks dont need more Defenseman anyway
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Sep. 29, 2020 at 3:13 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: LeafsFan4Ever34
THE LEAFS ARE TAKING BRADEN SCHNEIDER

The Blackhawks dont need more Defenseman anyway

As a person that hates the Leafs, I sure hope they pick Schneider.
Leemer liked this.
Sep. 29, 2020 at 4:03 p.m.
power forward
Mercer isn't a reach if New Jersey takes him. He is projected to go around that spot.

If Nashville for example takes him that would be a reach.
Sep. 29, 2020 at 5:05 p.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Curious to know who you think could possibly take Askarov before he falls to Carolina at 13... also, I'm a bit surprised you have Wallinder so high and no Mukhamadullin in the first round
Sep. 29, 2020 at 5:10 p.m.
Person who trades
Bruins are taking Lafreniere
Sep. 29, 2020 at 7:17 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: Trade
Bruins are taking Laferriere

Fixed it for you.
Sep. 29, 2020 at 8:02 p.m.
With no picks after 21OA until the 4th round, I don't think Columbus takes the risky swing on Lapierre. I figure they'd go for Zary or Perreault in this scenario.
DavidS36 liked this.
Sep. 30, 2020 at 10:39 a.m.
Quoting: christianyog
Mercer isn't a reach if New Jersey takes him. He is projected to go around that spot.

If Nashville for example takes him that would be a reach.

I never said he was a reach. I said that should probably take a d-man but the were NOT going to reach with that pick
Z0ra liked this.
Sep. 30, 2020 at 10:47 a.m.
power forward
Quoting: DavidS36
I never said he was a reach. I said that should probably take a d-man but the were NOT going to reach with that pick

ok, sorry.
Oct. 1, 2020 at 9:34 a.m.
Quoting: TheGHANDI90
Curious to know who you think could possibly take Askarov before he falls to Carolina at 13... also, I'm a bit surprised you have Wallinder so high and no Mukhamadullin in the first round

I don't think that he is going to be selected before Carolina, but someone did it might be the Wild.
BigBadBurke liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll