NMC
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
    $3,571,429$3,571,429
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    LW
    UFA - 3
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Washington Capitals
    $1,375,000$1,375,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 3
    $1,200,000$1,200,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $2,300,000$2,300,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $1,075,000$1,075,000
    RW
    UFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $4,725,000$4,725,000
    LD
    UFA - 5
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 3
    $730,833$730,833 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
    G
    RFA - 1
    $9,500,000$9,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 7
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $3,250,000$3,250,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Washington Capitals
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 3
    $1,600,000$1,600,000
    LD
    UFA - 2
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $700,000$700,000
    LD, LW
    UFA - 1
    $894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
    C
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Oct. 5, 2020 at 2:00 p.m.
    Make Brink frost and add a second from this year and I'm sure its much closer
    csick liked this.
    Oct. 5, 2020 at 2:01 p.m.
    muffmin
    no the Flames will not take your ****ty contract for their best offensive player lol.
    Oct. 5, 2020 at 2:02 p.m.
    KFTW
    Quoting: flyersarephilly

i think that could work and replace Frost in the lineup with Patrick. What do u think about the Washington trade tho
    Oct. 5, 2020 at 2:12 p.m.
    Please stop with this Vorachek & Ghost garbage, it's not going to happen no matter how much that brain dead idiot Jimmy Hayes thinks it is.
    Oct. 5, 2020 at 2:14 p.m.
    Quoting: csick
    i think that could work and replace Frost in the lineup with Patrick. What do u think about the Washington trade tho

Jensen and Panik are fine and you can't really complain when you're taking on less cap for less time but personally I'd probably want to leave Panik out but understand that probably wouldn't work for the Caps. Even if Patrick isn't ready to start the season Laughton can play 3C and a prospect like Rubtsov or Laczynski could most likely fill in the 4C role.
    csick liked this.
    Oct. 5, 2020 at 2:15 p.m.

Throwing lipstick on a pig doesn't change the fact it's a pig. This trade absolutely ****s the Flames. It eats all our cap space, makes us older and not as good. Even if that 2nd was a first and you added another first, Flames still decline.

Gaudreau is available for a good offer, this isn't in the same universe as good, hell this is Mike Milbury level bad
    Oct. 5, 2020 at 2:21 p.m.
    Quoting: MethodMan
    Throwing lipstick on a pig doesn't change the fact it's a pig. This trade absolutely ****s the Flames. It eats all our cap space, makes us older and not as good. Even if that 2nd was a first and you added another first, Flames still decline.

Gaudreau is available for a good offer, this isn't in the same universe as good, hell this is Mike Milbury level bad

You either haven't watched Voracek play and believe fans that trash him or are over valuing Gaudreau. Sure Voracek is a little over paid but when he signed the contract he was more than worth it and has lived up to it decently. you can account of 60-80pts from him every season and he has great playmaking ability. I'm sure the league still values him as a very valuable asset to a team. You can say you don't like the trade but don't act like you're getting crumbs
    csick liked this.
    Oct. 5, 2020 at 2:24 p.m.
    Who adds what?
    Jensen and Panik are fine and you can't really complain when you're taking on less cap for less time but personally I'd probably want to leave Panik out but understand that probably wouldn't work for the Caps. Even if Patrick isn't ready to start the season Laughton can play 3C and a prospect like Rubtsov or Laczynski could most likely fill in the 4C role.

It's already just about impossible for WSH, but I like the idea of them adding a perennial 20 goal scorer. What would you think of Hagelin and Kempny, instead?
    Oct. 5, 2020 at 2:25 p.m.
    KFTW
    Quoting: Eli
    It's already just about impossible for WSH, but I like the idea of them adding a perennial 20 goal scorer. What would you think of Hagelin and Kempny, instead?

i was just looking to fill 3RD and 3RW which is why i went with those 2. But id assume Kempny and Hagelin is a similar deal except they both play the left side
    Eli liked this.
    Oct. 5, 2020 at 2:31 p.m.
    Who adds what?
    i was just looking to fill 3RD and 3RW which is why i went with those 2. But id assume Kempny and Hagelin is a similar deal except they both play the left side

Caps only have 2RHD under contract. No prospects quite ready. Kempny is much easier for them to trade.. Sanheim or Provoro plays right side for one-timers. The team with extra RHD is Buffalo, but their cap hits are much higher. Could possibly find a win-win on JVR for Ristolainen, but there's too much debate on each one's value to figure out who adds what.

Could also imagine something around JVR for Oshie, but it's tough to say who adds what: each is a 30 goal scorer in a good year, but age, term, and cap hit become bigger issues than player performance.
    csick liked this.
    Oct. 5, 2020 at 2:40 p.m.
    KFTW
    Quoting: Eli
    Caps only have 2RHD under contract. No prospects quite ready. Kempny is much easier for them to trade.. Sanheim or Provoro plays right side for one-timers. The team with extra RHD is Buffalo, but their cap hits are much higher. Could possibly find a win-win on JVR for Ristolainen, but there's too much debate on each one's value to figure out who adds what.

Could also imagine something around JVR for Oshie, but it's tough to say who adds what: each is a 30 goal scorer in a good year, but age, term, and cap hit become bigger issues than player performance.

the 5 years left on Oshie scared me away although the cap hit isnt that bad. But age and term combined scared me haha
    Eli liked this.
    Oct. 5, 2020 at 2:43 p.m.
    You either haven't watched Voracek play and believe fans that trash him or are over valuing Gaudreau. Sure Voracek is a little over paid but when he signed the contract he was more than worth it and has lived up to it decently. you can account of 60-80pts from him every season and he has great playmaking ability. I'm sure the league still values him as a very valuable asset to a team. You can say you don't like the trade but don't act like you're getting crumbs

Gaudreau is better than Vorachek, makes significantly less and is starting to decline and Ghost is a more or less a cap dump and we don't need another LD anyways.

This trade makes zero sense for Calgary.

Think Konecny + Frost/1st as a starter. We're not taking your bad contracts.
    Oct. 5, 2020 at 2:46 p.m.
    KFTW
    Gaudreau is better than Vorachek, makes significantly less and is starting to decline and Ghost is a more or less a cap dump and we don't need another LD anyways.

I wouldn’t trade Konecny for Gaudreau straight up
    flyersarephilly liked this.
    Oct. 5, 2020 at 2:49 p.m.

I wouldn’t trade Konecny for Gaudreau straight up

Overvaluing Gaudreau it was
    csick liked this.
    Oct. 5, 2020 at 2:55 p.m.
    Konecny literally needed a career year in Gaudreau's worst season to have as good of a season as him, but we are the ones overvaluing our player? tears of joy
    Oct. 5, 2020 at 3:05 p.m.

No one is saying Vorachek is a bad player. He is a good player whose contract negates the positives he brings at this point in his career, especially at the 8.25AAV with 4 years left as a 31 year old whose play is beginning to drop off. Ghost is just a negative value contract who we should be getting paid for to take off your hands and in this case we are not. I would rather keep a cost controlled Gaudreau than take on those two overpaid contracts and handcuff ourselves from making actual needed changes to our roster on top of moving Gaudreau. If we trade him it should only be if we are able to sign Hall or acquire another similar skilled top 6 forward, and if he does get traded I would hope it would be for cost controlled young players with potential, or a package for a #1 center which we desperately need (the center is highly unlikely).

That being said I agree with the Flames fan above, Jimmy Hayes is a Flyers fan looking through rose tinted glasses the same as yourself and is idiotic if he actually thinks this is a decent offer. In reality, he's probably just looking for clickbait and it worked. But if he's not and this garbage trade actually comes to fruition. It is our GM who is the idiot. I would bank on the former.
    Oct. 5, 2020 at 3:22 p.m.
    Quoting: NerveFWC
    No one is saying Vorachek is a bad player. He is a good player whose contract negates the positives he brings at this point in his career, especially at the 8.25AAV with 4 years left as a 31 year old whose play is beginning to drop off. Ghost is just a negative value contract who we should be getting paid for to take off your hands and in this case we are not. I would rather keep a cost controlled Gaudreau than take on those two overpaid contracts and handcuff ourselves from making actual needed changes to our roster on top of moving Gaudreau. If we trade him it should only be if we are able to sign Hall or acquire another similar skilled top 6 forward, and if he does get traded I would hope it would be for cost controlled young players with potential, or a package for a #1 center which we desperately need (the center is highly unlikely).

That being said I agree with the Flames fan above, Jimmy Hayes is a Flyers fan looking through rose tinted glasses the same as yourself and is idiotic if he actually thinks this is a decent offer. In reality, he's probably just looking for clickbait and it worked. But if he's not and this garbage trade actually comes to fruition. It is our GM who is the idiot. I would bank on the former.

I don't see the trade happening but adding Frost and a second made it closer to being considered is all I was saying. I don't think there is a shot in hell that happens but if there were a trade to happen between the Flyers and the Flames some amount of money would need to be going back as a part of the trade
    Oct. 5, 2020 at 3:26 p.m.
    Konecny literally needed a career year in Gaudreau's worst season to have as good of a season as him, but we are the ones overvaluing our player? tears of joy

Points aren't everything. Age and cost certainty are the biggest factors for me Konecny is younger is currently making less money and Gaudreau is up for a BIG pay day in two years had similar years this year and it looks like Konecny is only going to get better sure Gaudreau might be worth more but the difference isn't frost or a 1st. If a Konecny for Gaudreau trade was done sure at this point in time it would look like a steal for the Flyers but in a coupe years it could look idiotic
    csick liked this.
    Oct. 5, 2020 at 3:30 p.m.
    I don't see the trade happening but adding Frost and a second made it closer to being considered is all I was saying. I don't think there is a shot in hell that happens but if there were a trade to happen between the Flyers and the Flames some amount of money would need to be going back as a part of the trade

I guess that's where we disagree, Frost and a 2nd isn't enough for Gaudreau alone. Let alone adding two negative value contracts on top of it.
    Oct. 5, 2020 at 3:32 p.m.
    KFTW
    I guess that's where we disagree, Frost and a 2nd isn't enough for Gaudreau alone. Let alone adding two negative value contracts on top of it.

Frost is an A- prospect def enough for Gaudreau. low top 6F + Frost + 2nd is a good deal for Gaudreau from both sides
    Oct. 5, 2020 at 3:36 p.m.

I think we disagree on both voracek and Ghost having negative value. Voracek and Gaudreau have produced similarly throughout their careers except Gaudreau has his one monster season where he put up 99 points. Ghost hasn't been fully healthy for they last two seasons and in a down year two years ago where he still played full time he put up 37 points I think a change of scenery will do him good and think he'll be able to get back to being a 60 point dman. Even if he doesn't get back to that point hes a 40 point dman when he gets top powerplay time in sheltered minutes.

Edit: I'm not saying they have their full value but i really don't think they're value is down all that much
    Oct. 5, 2020 at 3:40 p.m.
    Frost is an A- prospect def enough for Gaudreau. low top 6F + Frost + 2nd is a good deal for Gaudreau from both sides

I really like Frost, but he is not a sure thing to be a top 6 forward. You don't trade a cost controlled Gaudreau on a two year contract for Frost and a late 2nd. Especially if the low top 6 forward is JVR or Vorachek who are good players on a bad contracts.

IMO if you're taking one of those guys back then some type of salary retention is needed and that 2nd has to be a first to get the Flames to even think about it, and this all only happens if we're able to sign Hall or another top 6 forward to help replace lost production from moving Gaudreau IMO.
    Oct. 5, 2020 at 3:41 p.m.
    I think we disagree on both voracek and Ghost having negative value. Voracek and Gaudreau have produced similarly throughout their careers except Gaudreau has his one monster season where he put up 99 points. Ghost hasn't been fully healthy for they last two seasons and in a down year two years ago where he still played full time he put up 37 points I think a change of scenery will do him good and think he'll be able to get back to being a 60 point dman. Even if he doesn't get back to that point hes a 40 point dman when he gets top powerplay time in sheltered minutes.

Edit: I'm not saying they have their full value but i really don't think they're value is down all that much

Agree to disagree then. I think Ghost is a toxic asset and for someone who was harping that age and cost is huge for Konecny vs Gaudreau. You seem to turn a blind eye to the age and cost of Vorachek quite easily.
    Oct. 5, 2020 at 3:43 p.m.
    KFTW
    I really like Frost, but he is not a sure thing to be a top 6 forward. You don't trade a cost controlled Gaudreau on a two year contract for Frost and a late 2nd. Especially if the low top 6 forward is JVR or Vorachek who are good players on a bad contracts.

IMO if you're taking one of those guys back then some type of salary retention is needed and that 2nd has to be a first to get the Flames to even think about it, and this all only happens if we're able to sign Hall or another top 6 forward to help replace lost production from moving Gaudreau IMO.

I think he will be better than Cirelli
    Oct. 5, 2020 at 3:45 p.m.
    I think he will be better than Cirelli

I think he will be a good player as well, but that potential isn't guaranteed and at that price of a return on Gaudreau you're basically guaranteeing that he will be that type of player. Which just isn't realistic at this point. There needs to be additional value for the possibility of him not turning out and a late 2nd isn't enough to offset that. On top of taking on a contract that IMO are not worth the player at this point in their careers when talking about Vorachek, JVR or Ghost.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll