SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Sergach-brannstrom

Created by: Undertaker
Published: Oct. 6, 2020 at 10:18 a.m.
Salary Cap: $81,500,000
Season Days: 124/125 (99%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has been rejected because one of the teams does not meet the minimum 3 goaltender requirement

Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOttawa Senators

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Brännström, ErikWaivers ExemptOttawa SenatorsLoan-$0011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Sergachev, MikhailTampa Bay LightningNHL-$0111---0000--
Barré-Boulet, AlexWaivers ExemptTampa Bay LightningMinor-$0011---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$42,062,50010284551211
Change$0111000
Final$42,062,50011 (↑)29 (↑)46 (↑)51211000

Logo of the Tampa Bay LightningTampa Bay Lightning

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Sergachev, MikhailTampa Bay LightningNHL-$0111---0000--
Barré-Boulet, AlexWaivers ExemptTampa Bay LightningMinor-$0011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Brännström, ErikWaivers ExemptOttawa SenatorsLoan-$0011---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$5,333,3341529432715
Change$0-1-1-1000
Final$5,333,33414 (↓)28 (↓)42 (↓)2715000
Oct. 6, 2020 at 10:26 a.m.
So an amazing and very underrated dman for a prospect who's absolute ceiling will be nowhere close?

Would you do this trade just to get cap space?
Bigboi69 liked this.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 10:43 a.m.
Quoting: Rhea
So an amazing and very underrated dman for a prospect who's absolute ceiling will be nowhere close?

Would you do this trade just to get cap space?

The way i see it Is that either sergach or cirelli need to go unless Johny or Yanni waive, and honestly i think id rather keep cirelli, especially because Tampa Is crowded on left side with Hedman and McD.

The idea here Is to get NHL ready right handed D-man on elc, it can be brannstrom, boqvist... you get the idea.

Seems like we disagree on brannstrom whose ceiling Is really high in my opinion.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 11:13 a.m.
Quoting: Undertaker
The way i see it Is that either sergach or cirelli need to go unless Johny or Yanni waive, and honestly i think id rather keep cirelli, especially because Tampa Is crowded on left side with Hedman and McD.

The idea here Is to get NHL ready right handed D-man on elc, it can be brannstrom, boqvist... you get the idea.

Seems like we disagree on brannstrom whose ceiling Is really high in my opinion.

Hi ceiling is not what Ottawa thought when the acquired him, even they admit that and they talk about it on TSN1200. Serg will be the number one when Hedman starts to decline. Remember that their left side is not young, Hedman is 29 and has played a ton, McD is 31 I think and Serg is 22 or 23.

Would not be smart to do this trade
Bigboi69 liked this.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 11:16 a.m.
Hi ceiling is not what Ottawa thought when the acquired him, even they admit that and they talk about it on TSN1200. Serg will be the number one when Hedman starts to decline. Remember that their left side is not young, Hedman is 29 and has played a ton, McD is 31 I think and Serg is 22 or 23.

Id obviously be happy to keep him and let Kraken draft McD, but unless multiple rfas sign like labanc did, or someone vaiwes, the cap crunch will be real And as i said, id rather keep cirelli
Oct. 6, 2020 at 11:19 a.m.

Also the question Is if they are thinking long term or want to go back to back
Oct. 6, 2020 at 11:21 a.m.
Quoting: Undertaker
Id obviously be happy to keep him and let Kraken draft McD, but unless multiple rfas sign like labanc did, or someone vaiwes, the cap crunch will be real And as i said, id rather keep cirelli

Yeah it's too bad that Killorn has a NTC, I would try to ditch him and wow...I had no idea Vas made that much squish!!

You guys are in a similar situation to my Leafs...well if you don't include the winning and you know...being good I guess. Sigh, I hate hockey.frown
Oct. 6, 2020 at 11:11 p.m.
Serf
Yes Brannstrom played some time at RD, but he's a left shot, and Ottawa went out and traded for Josh Brown so Brannstrom could play his natural left side. Brannstrom has said he feels comfortable playing the right side, but he's better suited for the left side.

Sergachev is a very good D, but very different from Brannstrom. If TB needs cap space, Brannstrom would be a good target. Brannstrom may start the year in the AHL, because of the amount of D signed, but he'll be a top4 D in Ottawa at some point this season.

I would think Sergachev holds more value in a trade.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 10:51 a.m.
Quoting: sensibleguy
Yes Brannstrom played some time at RD, but he's a left shot, and Ottawa went out and traded for Josh Brown so Brannstrom could play his natural left side. Brannstrom has said he feels comfortable playing the right side, but he's better suited for the left side.

Sergachev is a very good D, but very different from Brannstrom. If TB needs cap space, Brannstrom would be a good target. Brannstrom may start the year in the AHL, because of the amount of D signed, but he'll be a top4 D in Ottawa at some point this season.

I would think Sergachev holds more value in a trade.

I listened to a Pierre Dorion Jr. interview and he was talking about the depth chart on defence and while he did include some guys in the minors, he did not even mentioned Brannstrom. The hosts even made a note of it and talked about how they had expected more at this point. Will he turn out? Probably, but I have never thought he would be as good as they thought. I think that was not their first choice in the Stone deal and it sounds like they are tempering their expectations going forward.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 12:40 p.m.
Serf
I saw the same interview, and a lack of Brannstrom mention, but I wasn’t worried about it since Brannstrom is a 1st round pick, acquired in a trade. Hes behind 1st round pick Chabot on the depth chart, and Dorion was pumping his new 5th overall pick Sanderson, another left shot D, and then Sanderson’s D partner in ND, 1st round pick JBD, and of course the other 1st round D pick, Thomson. Those are five 1st round pick defence men. Maybe Brannstrom is the odd man out for the top4, but...how many of those other four guys have NHL games? Only Chabot. Players come and go, rotate in and out. When there’s four D better than Brannstrom on the team, then Brannstrom won’t be in the top4.

Yes, Ottawa has five defenceman between the ages of 18-23 that were 1st round the future will be fine, when we get there.

Chabot, 2015 #18 overall
Brannstrom 2017 #15 overall
Bernard-Docker, 2018 #26 overall
Lassi Thomson, 2019 #19 overall
Jake Sanderson 2020/#5 overall

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll