SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

Ugghhh what can any one of these get me?

Created by: F50marco
Team: 2016-17 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 25, 2016
Published: Oct. 27, 2016
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Just gauging what these could net us.
Trades
MTL
    This could be any team.

Has to be one player. Not a bunch of players. I want one impact player.
    ANA
    1. Plekanec, Tomas
    2. Scherbak, Nikita
    3. 2018 1st round pick (MTL)
    MTL
      This could be any team.

We need an impact player of any sort. Only one player.
      ANA
      1. Juulsen, Noah
      2. Markov, Andrei
      3. 2018 2nd round pick (CHI)
      MTL
        This could be any team.

Want Impact player. Yada yada yada.
        ANA
        1. Beaulieu, Nathan
        2. Desharnais, David
        3. 2017 1st round pick (MTL)
        Buyouts
        DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
        Logo of the WSH
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the WSH
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the MTL
        ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
        20$73,000,000$54,153,684$0$257,500$18,846,316
        Left WingCentreRight Wing
        $4,050,000$4,050,000
        LW
        UFA - 3
        $2,800,000$2,800,000
        LW, C, RW
        UFA - 1
        $3,750,000$3,750,000
        RW, LW
        UFA - 5
        $839,166$839,166 (Performance Bonus$257,500$258K)
        LW, RW
        UFA - 3
        $5,750,000$5,750,000
        RW
        UFA - 1
        $1,166,667$1,166,667
        LW, RW
        UFA - 3
        $912,500$912,500
        C
        UFA - 2
        $3,900,000$3,900,000
        C, RW
        UFA - 6
        $725,000$725,000
        LW
        UFA - 2
        $1,200,000$1,200,000
        C, RW
        UFA - 2
        $950,000$950,000
        RW
        UFA - 1
        $650,000$650,000
        RW, LW
        UFA - 1
        Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
        $7,857,143$7,857,143
        RD
        UFA - 10
        $6,500,000$6,500,000
        G
        M-NTC, NMC
        UFA - 2
        $2,982,375$2,982,375
        LD
        M-NTC
        UFA - 2
        $5,500,000$5,500,000
        RD
        NMC
        UFA - 5
        $950,000$950,000
        G
        UFA - 1
        $925,000$925,000
        LD/RD
        UFA - 4
        $800,000$800,000
        RD
        UFA - 2
        $612,500$612,500
        RD
        UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
        • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
        Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:16 p.m.
        B
        Edited Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:25 p.m.
        Fits like a glove...Stepan, Staal and Girardi. Funny thing is, it makes NYR worse, and MTL a contender! Ps, pretend you don't see the length of the contracts, lol.
        Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:06 p.m.
        LongtimeLeafsufferer
        Gee, Marko. You don't ask for much for a first place team. Trouble is finding teams that would be willing to take on some of these salaries. Would Markov give up his NMC when it looks like he is on a team that could be on Cup run. Teams that out it that Habs like might Hanzel, Stone and Hartnell. Would a team like Minnesota who might be on the fringe and lose player to injury...say a centre want to take Plekanac for Spurgeon Scandella or Brodin. Want a winger like JVR instead the Habs for some long term benefit to the Leafs.
        Here's my proposal.
        Hartnell and Johnson of CBJ for Plekanac, Juulsen, Scheberak, 1st and 2nd. Benefit to CBJ includes cap relief summer of 2018 Hanzal and Stone for Desjardins, Beaulieu and 1st, and 2nd.. Hanzal and Stone are UFAs next summer, Coyotes would still get first rounder 2nd and Beaulieu going forward. Arizona wouldn't might the Canadians keeping Desjardins if the Haps want him.
        Oct. 28, 2016 at 12:07 a.m.
        BombSquad
        3rd package gets you the most. Beaulieu's value is on the rise and Desharnais's contract isn't as cumbersome as the other 2 and he's still reasonably productive.
        Oct. 28, 2016 at 12:10 a.m.
        B
        Quoting: palhal
        Gee, Marko. You don't ask for much for a first place team. Trouble is finding teams that would be willing to take on some of these salaries. Would Markov give up his NMC when it looks like he is on a team that could be on Cup run. Teams that out it that Habs like might Hanzel, Stone and Hartnell. Would a team like Minnesota who might be on the fringe and lose player to injury...say a centre want to take Plekanac for Spurgeon Scandella or Brodin. Want a winger like JVR instead the Habs for some long term benefit to the Leafs.
        Here's my proposal.
        Hartnell and Johnson of CBJ for Plekanac, Juulsen, Scheberak, 1st and 2nd. Benefit to CBJ includes cap relief summer of 2018 Hanzal and Stone for Desjardins, Beaulieu and 1st, and 2nd.. Hanzal and Stone are UFAs next summer, Coyotes would still get first rounder 2nd and Beaulieu going forward. Arizona wouldn't might the Canadians keeping Desjardins if the Haps want him.
        Are you drunk, or did you brake some fingers? I'm not going to try reading this a third time, lmfao...or drunk am I?
        Oct. 28, 2016 at 1:30 a.m.
        I could see the Wild offering Scandella for the 3rd option (the 1st would be way too much of an add) later in the year depending on injures, standings, yada yada yada. He's a shutdown dman, that's his impact.

Think both player would end up as rentals for the Wild. Beaulieu would take Scandella's place as Vegas bait, and DD walks after the season. Don't think Brodin/Dumba would be on the table unless blown away by an offer. Spurgeon might be.
        Oct. 28, 2016 at 8:16 a.m.
        exo2769
        F50Marco! You're team's playing outstanding!!! Don't tinker with it at all! Except maybe Therrien lol
        Oct. 28, 2016 at 8:17 a.m.
        First package could get you: Cam fowler and Richard Rakell from Anaheim.

Second package you take Markov out because you respect markov and make him retire in Montreal, juulsen a 2nd and Emelin the way he's playing right now, could fetch you a solid top 4 dMannwith one year ledt named Karl Alzner. But you dont want all these great assets unless you go crazy for a cup drive.

Beaulieu Dd and a first: i personally really like this one, i believe Philip Danault is ready to take DD sppt as 3rd Center and DD becomes expendable, like others said Scandella 1mil retained ill take any day. But for the sake of this i would call ny Islanders and ask for beauvillier Straight up its a big package for a prospect but i tgink hes the real deal.
        Oct. 28, 2016 at 8:35 a.m.
        LongtimeLeafsufferer
        Here's my proposal.
        Quoting: nashless
        Here's my proposal.
        Are you drunk, or did you brake some fingers? I'm not going to try reading this a third time, lmfao...or drunk am I?

Nashless: No I think you're drunk if you think Girardi and Staal are impact players. Your offer makes the Habs worse now and if the future. I tried to give Marco and his Cup difference makers for a Cup run this year....Stone and Hanzel, and a some guys with a little more term who better than the guys on their team now....Hartnell and Johnson. Cap and realism in the trades. Well at least you didn't try to give Marco Nash, and Glass too which is a significant improvement to most posts.
        Oct. 28, 2016 at 8:35 a.m.
        Habsnatic
        Impact player? Didn't you see the impact Beaulieu had on Paquette's face last night? lol
        Oct. 28, 2016 at 5:20 p.m.
        Lmao was just gauging interest guys. Wanted to see what value these would bring back.

I'm stating this for the record, Beaulieu has everyone fooled but i think he'll never be an impact player. Yeah yeah he makes a couple decent plays here and there. He took down a non fighter in Paquette, that was cool. All nice things to hide you from the fact that once he enters the opposing blueline he has no idea what to do with the puck. Zero drive. The most obvious wind ups. Gets pushed off the puck very easily. Passes that aren't very crisp. He's a top 4 at best and his only asset is his speed and knuckles. I want to trade him while everyone thinks he has more upside than that.

Plekanec is taking a huge step back this year. You can just see it. He's still good don;t get me wrong. I just don't think he can produce to level he was doing previously and if thats the case, trade him now while everyone thinks he still can score 50+ pts.

Markov has everyone fooled also. that sick pass to Galchenyuk is the only thing he has left in his arsenal. The legs and quickness are fleeting by the minute.

As long as DD is on this team, we'll never have a true number 1 center. the minute Galchenyuk makes a mistake, DD is there to take his ice time. He needs to go asap.

Quoting: nashless
        Fits like a glove...Stepan, Staal and Girardi. Funny thing is, it makes NYR worse, and MTL a contender! Ps, pretend you don't see the length of the contracts, lol.

If you're being sarcastic, then consider it received!! Otherwise, your joking right?

Here's my proposal.

Sorry palhal, i get what Nashless was saying here and I to am a little confused. That CLB trade is atrocious! I'd do the Arizona trade in a heartbeat. I don't think they would. With that said, if he was serious with his trade proposals then those are 10 times worse. Possibly with the exception of Stepan who is still a decent player.

Also your starting to pull some Don Cherry-isms. "Desjardins" - Desharnais. laugh

Quoting: Habs27
        First package could get you: Cam fowler and Richard Rakell from Anaheim.

Second package you take Markov out because you respect markov and make him retire in Montreal, juulsen a 2nd and Emelin the way he's playing right now, could fetch you a solid top 4 dMannwith one year ledt named Karl Alzner. But you dont want all these great assets unless you go crazy for a cup drive.

Beaulieu Dd and a first: i personally really like this one, i believe Philip Danault is ready to take DD sppt as 3rd Center and DD becomes expendable, like others said Scandella 1mil retained ill take any day. But for the sake of this i would call ny Islanders and ask for beauvillier Straight up its a big package for a prospect but i tgink hes the real deal.

Your dreaming in technicolor my friend.

Quoting: bishopsdad
        Impact player? Didn't you see the impact Beaulieu had on Paquette's face last night? lol

Loved every minute of it. Now if only he can have as much impact in the offensive zone as he does with punching peoples faces I'd crown him a star. I know a player who "gets it" when I see one. Beaulieu got this point in his career on his skating ability and fisticuffs only. Everything else is lacking in a big way. I've never seen a player who was considered offensive be so clueless in the offensive zone at times. We drafted this guy to be an impact player. My gut says he never will be. He's a Cam Fowler-lite with less skill but more fighting ability. There's a chance he might fool Bergevin into giving him a big contract next year but I truly think that is a mistake.

To create a post please Login or Register
        Question:
        Options:
        Add Option
        Submit Poll