Boston Bruins Prospect Pyramid

Created by: nalzugaray12
Team: 2020-21 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 15, 2020
Published: Dec. 15, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
*I've copied and pasted the tiers from a previous AGM, thanks!*

Tiers 1-3 are locks for NHL players, ranging in impact. Tiers 4-5 I see little chance of NHL time.

Tier 1 = LW -- Elite level prospect
Tier 2 = C -- High Top 6/Top 4 potential
Tier 3 = RW -- Bottom 6 (Ranging from Pretty Good 3rd liner to consistent ice time 4th liner) or 5-7th NHL D-man
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tier 4 = LD -- Needs to do more to prove they can carve out some NHL time. Not likely
Tier 5 = RD -- Won't see NHL time in my opinion.
Tier 6 = G -- Goalie rankings

BOSTON BRUINS OVERVIEW

-This team lacks an elite level prospect, in my opinion. An elite prospect will come eventually, the Bruins just don't have one right now.

- Jack Studnicka is ideally the next top 6 center for the future, he has looked very good in all his stints. I strongly believe Vaakanainen has that top 4 upside, I've seen flashes in his game in the past as a puck mover. I just think some people are a little too quick writing him off.

- I might get some hate about Beecher's tier 3 rating, but ideally this guy looks like a strong bottom 6 forward in the NHL. I think we will all get a better understanding when he reaches the pro level.
- I'm very high on Ahcan as a prospect, only thing that would stop him is his size. I have really liked what I saw in Jakub Lauko in his pre-season stints with the team, I think he'll make it in some fashion

-As for Tier 4, Bruins have a good amount of uncertainty in prospects.
- I was never too impressed with Zboril in all his stints, however this year can be a turning point.
- Senyshyn has looked capable in his very short stints, but I need to see more opportunity in order to believe he can at least be a Tier 3 prospect.
-Recent draft prospects in Lohrei, Kuntar, Olson are tricky so I put them in the tier 4. I've liked what I've seen from Kuntar in his BC games fwiw.
-Lantosi, Filipe, and Berglund are interesting. I've read really good things about Lantosi down in the AHL. Berglund looks pretty good over seas as well so I wouldn't be surprised to see him as a future Tier 3 player. Filipe is going to be a waiting game for now.

-As for players who I don't think will make it, this was tough. I occasionally liked Cameron Hughes in the pre-season, but he'll only make it as a 4th line NHL player if that. Koppanen I just don't know, he's got decent size so you never know. As for Peter Cehlarik, some fans will tell you he never got a good opportunity- that's bs. He has shown flashes, he was never able to put it all together. I think another team will give him a shot, his chances in Boston are practically done.

-Finally, goalies. I think Swayman is the undisputed #1 goalie prospect for this team and gets underrated around the league. Vladar maaaaybe will at least make it as a backup. Keyser is interesting, but #3 for now.

Let me know who you'd move up or move down, there's just a good amount of uncertainty with some of these guys.
Free Agent Signings
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Beecher, Johnny
1$925,000
Lohrei, Mason
1$925,000
Olson, Quinn
1$925,000
Kuntar, Trevor
1$925,000
Forsbacka-Karlsson, Jakob
1$925,000
Cehlarik, Peter
1$925,000
Lauzon, Jeremy
1$850,000
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
26$81,500,000$56,717,868$964,222$1,785,000$24,782,132
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$769,167$769,167 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
RW, C
RFA - 2
Beecher, Johnny
$925,000$925,000
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Lauzon, Jeremy
$850,000$850,000
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 2
$809,167$809,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
C, RW
UFA - 2
$764,167$764,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, RW
RFA - 3
$725,000$725,000
RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
Cehlarik, Peter
$925,000$925,000
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$100,000$100K)
G
RFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
RW
UFA - 1
$792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 3
Forsbacka-Karlsson, Jakob
$925,000$925,000
$753,333$753,333 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
LW, C
UFA - 1
$733,333$733,333
G
UFA - 2
Lohrei, Mason
$925,000$925,000
Kuntar, Trevor
$925,000$925,000
Olson, Quinn
$925,000$925,000
$817,500$817,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
C, LW
UFA - 2
$818,333$818,333
RD
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
RW
UFA - 1
$809,167$809,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
C
UFA - 2
$792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 15, 2020 at 3:27 p.m.
Bahston Brewins
Quoting: ON3M4N
He looked like he belong in those 4 games and he was making plays. Could he have cooled (I'm sure he would have), but his play was good enough to keep him in the line-up. I think the team like Kuhlman as a extra forward. Better to have Seny getting regular minutes in the AHL vs 10 minutes every 4-5 games. As for who he need to "outplay" its Wagner & Kuhlman. Fully healthy this team down the right side is a trio of Pasta, Smith and Kase. For Studnicka to stick he'll need to be significantly better than Kase because Studnicka doesn't require waivers. So really the only spot for Seny to take over is the #4RW, which was Wags spot last year.

Pasta is going to miss time, about 10 games minimum. That's a hole in the lineup that is up for grabs at the start of the year. So yes, Senyshyn is going to have to beat out Studnicka to get regular time in that void. As for when Pasta returns, yes Wagner and Kuhlman are the main comp in a way. But the narrative of Studnicka needing to beat out Kase is bonkers. If Studnicka is good enough, he'll stay. I understand he doesn't require waivers, but if you have a talent that's good enough, he'll find his way in the lineup somehow.

I think we all get the idea that Senyshyn is going to have to earn a bottom 6 role with this team, however this team really has a jam with bottom 6 players,
Sean Kuraly, Chris Wagner, Anders Bjork, Nick Ritchie, Kase/Smith, Frederic, Kuhlman. Senyshyn will get his final shot, I just don't think he's so guaranteed to be an NHLer as some make him out to be. I want him to earn his chance, not just given an opportunity only because he was a #15 pick.
Dec. 15, 2020 at 3:27 p.m.
Quoting: nalzugaray12
I think it's a bit of stretch to say Seny would have been the regular 3rd line RW after playing 4 games. Did he look decent? sure. I don't think it means he was going to for sure be a regular after his 4 game stint, that's a really small sample. I've noted I need to see more of a sample this year and we will all get a better understanding. I believe there's a reason the club favors playing Kuhlman over Seny, the organization simply values him more currently. Can that change? Absolutely. This is Senyshyn's last chance to really prove himself so only time will tell. Keep in mind, Senyshyn has to outplay the likes of Studnicka, Frederic, Kuhlman, etc at camp. He's gotta earn his spot first. In my eyes, not a chance he's out playing Studnicka.

senyshyn doesnt have a spot on the roster. it doesnt matter if he outplays studnicka, frederic, kuhlman etc. best seny is to start the year is a healthy scratch. Your top 4 right wingers are pastrnak, kase, smith, wagner. Now you wanna say for hes up for however long pasta is out? thats a completely different debate. BUT, when they brought up senyshyn last year before he gets hurt as well, brett ritchie was falling out of favor, backes was miserable on the 3rd line, kuraly isnt a 3rd line player, and kuhlman was out for a while with injury. The only other guy that would have taken that spot was studnicka and sweeney has repeatedly stated he would rather guys get minutes and reps in the AHL (vaak/zboril/stud) than playing fringe roster minutes or being a healthy scratch. I truly believe seny would have found his rhythm in the nhl there and been a regular on that 3rd line.
Dec. 15, 2020 at 3:30 p.m.
He looked like he belong in those 4 games and he was making plays. Could he have cooled (I'm sure he would have), but his play was good enough to keep him in the line-up. I think the team like Kuhlman as a extra forward. Better to have Seny getting regular minutes in the AHL vs 10 minutes every 4-5 games. As for who he need to "outplay" its Wagner & Kuhlman. Fully healthy this team down the right side is a trio of Pasta, Smith and Kase. For Studnicka to stick he'll need to be significantly better than Kase because Studnicka doesn't require waivers. So really the only spot for Seny to take over is the #4RW, which was Wags spot last year.

Honestly i dont think he even beats out wagner. unless you really change the lines up and put kuraly at 4 lw, wagner at center, and seny at 4rw. Theres just no room for another rw with the smith signing pending injuries of course.
Dec. 15, 2020 at 4:12 p.m.
Quoting: nalzugaray12
Pasta is going to miss time, about 10 games minimum. That's a hole in the lineup that is up for grabs at the start of the year. So yes, Senyshyn is going to have to beat out Studnicka to get regular time in that void. As for when Pasta returns, yes Wagner and Kuhlman are the main comp in a way. But the narrative of Studnicka needing to beat out Kase is bonkers. If Studnicka is good enough, he'll stay. I understand he doesn't require waivers, but if you have a talent that's good enough, he'll find his way in the lineup somehow.

I think we all get the idea that Senyshyn is going to have to earn a bottom 6 role with this team, however this team really has a jam with bottom 6 players,
Sean Kuraly, Chris Wagner, Anders Bjork, Nick Ritchie, Kase/Smith, Frederic, Kuhlman. Senyshyn will get his final shot, I just don't think he's so guaranteed to be an NHLer as some make him out to be. I want him to earn his chance, not just given an opportunity only because he was a #15 pick.

Studs is a true C that'll play RW if needed. So when healthy whose he bumping between:

Bergeron - Pasta
Krejci - Kase
Coyle - Smith

He's not going to play a 4th line role because his game doesn't fit it and 20+ a night in Providence is better than 8-10 a night in Boston.

I think Senyshyn will be a full time NHLer with a decent career....it just won't be with Boston
Dec. 15, 2020 at 4:17 p.m.
Quoting: hanson493
Honestly i dont think he even beats out wagner. unless you really change the lines up and put kuraly at 4 lw, wagner at center, and seny at 4rw. Theres just no room for another rw with the smith signing pending injuries of course.

Depends on what you are looking for. Seny is a big kid that will get in on the boards and get to the front of the net. With his speed he can create problems. I wouldn't rule it out, but if I had my way we'd have a line if Frederic - Studnicka - Senyshyn
Dec. 15, 2020 at 4:17 p.m.
Idk if anyone's mentioned him but I'm high on or maybe more of have high hopes for Curtis Hall out of Yale. I dont really know much about him other than that he had a stellar year this past collegiate season. But seeing him break out at the college level is somewhat intriguing to me, maybe a late bloomer kind of like Marchy was? But I think your overall list is pretty spot on overall.
nalzugaray12 liked this.
Dec. 15, 2020 at 4:18 p.m.
This is by far one of the more fair outlooks on the BOS prospect pool. I think you've nailed practically every player perfectly. Ofc everyone will have diff opinions on certain guys like myself, but this is very well done.
nalzugaray12 liked this.
Dec. 15, 2020 at 4:36 p.m.
Depends on what you are looking for. Seny is a big kid that will get in on the boards and get to the front of the net. With his speed he can create problems. I wouldn't rule it out, but if I had my way we'd have a line if Frederic - Studnicka - Senyshyn

i wouldnt want to waste studnicka on a "4th line" maybe in a couple years that would be a solid option but until krejci and bergeron move on, i dont see kuraly losing his spot and coyle is a key piece for the bruins. That being said. I can see studnicka being 2/3c next year maybe even 1/2c and let bergeron take a lesser role to stay healthy we could go into 2021 with a top 3 of Marchy Stud Pasta, debrusk coyle kase, bjork bergeron smith. Help acclimate stud, keep bergeron on a minute count, coyle and debrusk already have chemistry....
Dec. 15, 2020 at 5:29 p.m.
i wouldnt want to waste studnicka on a "4th line" maybe in a couple years that would be a solid option but until krejci and bergeron move on, i dont see kuraly losing his spot and coyle is a key piece for the bruins. That being said. I can see studnicka being 2/3c next year maybe even 1/2c and let bergeron take a lesser role to stay healthy we could go into 2021 with a top 3 of Marchy Stud Pasta, debrusk coyle kase, bjork bergeron smith. Help acclimate stud, keep bergeron on a minute count, coyle and debrusk already have chemistry....

You think Studnkicka could be a #1C next year? I like the kid a lot, but that's even insane to me. He'd need to just be a monster to be a #2 or #1 next year.

Btw don't get caught up in line numbers. If lines 3 and 4 each average 12 minutes a night is there really a line 4?
Dec. 15, 2020 at 5:31 p.m.
Bahston Brewins
Quoting: KennyBoi
This is by far one of the more fair outlooks on the BOS prospect pool. I think you've nailed practically every player perfectly. Ofc everyone will have diff opinions on certain guys like myself, but this is very well done.

Appreciate the feedback, I tried to be as straightforward, non biased as possible. Some of these guys can move up or down as soon as this upcoming season, a lot of uncertainty
Dec. 15, 2020 at 5:35 p.m.
Bahston Brewins
Quoting: ngikas
Idk if anyone's mentioned him but I'm high on or maybe more of have high hopes for Curtis Hall out of Yale. I dont really know much about him other than that he had a stellar year this past collegiate season. But seeing him break out at the college level is somewhat intriguing to me, maybe a late bloomer kind of like Marchy was? But I think your overall list is pretty spot on overall.

Yes a previous guy mentioned Curtis Hall. I have a tendency to forget about Hall as a prospect and I’m not sure why. I noted to the person that I see Hall as a tier 3 prospect. I watched his World Juniors performance last year for Team USA and he was VERY intriguing. Other than that, I haven’t been able to see too much Yale film (they don’t even have a season this year).

What I noticed about Hall is although he’s a bigger build, he actually has pretty good skating ability. He was laying the body and he has a nose for the net. I see some good bottom 6 potential in him. Might be a nice little steal from that draft, he won’t be anything spectacular but he’ll be effective.
ngikas liked this.
Dec. 16, 2020 at 8:38 a.m.
You think Studnkicka could be a #1C next year? I like the kid a lot, but that's even insane to me. He'd need to just be a monster to be a #2 or #1 next year.

Btw don't get caught up in line numbers. If lines 3 and 4 each average 12 minutes a night is there really a line 4?

I dont think he will be a true 1C. I just mean with marchand and pastrnak there i think he could be effective while also limiting his minutes. I dont think hes going to carry a line right away but if you handicap him a little bit you might be surprised at the outcome you know what i mean? Really its all going to depend on what happens with krejci and rask. and the expansion draft.
Dec. 16, 2020 at 9:37 a.m.
I dont think he will be a true 1C. I just mean with marchand and pastrnak there i think he could be effective while also limiting his minutes. I dont think hes going to carry a line right away but if you handicap him a little bit you might be surprised at the outcome you know what i mean? Really its all going to depend on what happens with krejci and rask. and the expansion draft.

I don't see a rookie w/ 7 NHL games jumping any of Bergeron, Krejci or Coyle next season. Now if Studnicka has a monster year and is putting up 2nd line production it could make a decision on Krejci returning more interesting, but the way this team looks now (if healthy) Studnicka might be in the AHL next year.

Going back to your earlier post about Kurlay not losing his spot. Kuraly is also a LW (some think a better LW than C) and also a UFA at the end of this year. I'm sure Boston would like to bring him back, but do they have someone like a Frederic that can fill that role for cheaper? Could a guy like Curtis Hall make the jump and play a 4th line role. Maybe someone like Steen or Koppanen makes a push. Hell could Beecher leave Michigan and fight for a spot. Big kid, good 200ft game, plays with speed.
hanson493 liked this.
Dec. 16, 2020 at 10:04 a.m.
I don't see a rookie w/ 7 NHL games jumping any of Bergeron, Krejci or Coyle next season. Now if Studnicka has a monster year and is putting up 2nd line production it could make a decision on Krejci returning more interesting, but the way this team looks now (if healthy) Studnicka might be in the AHL next year.

Going back to your earlier post about Kurlay not losing his spot. Kuraly is also a LW (some think a better LW than C) and also a UFA at the end of this year. I'm sure Boston would like to bring him back, but do they have someone like a Frederic that can fill that role for cheaper? Could a guy like Curtis Hall make the jump and play a 4th line role. Maybe someone like Steen or Koppanen makes a push. Hell could Beecher leave Michigan and fight for a spot. Big kid, good 200ft game, plays with speed.

The whole premise of stud being 1c was to put bergeron on a minute limit. His groin injury will never heal. Im just assuming krejci walks, doesnt mean he will im just assuming he does. that would make bergeron 1c coyle 2c and then you have a hole at 3c. Im not saying he really leapfrogs them, but i think the best way to handicap yourself is to spread things out. bergeron on the 3rd line, coyle on the 2nd. stud on the first. Doubt that happens but again thats just my thoughts behind it.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll