RD
M-NTC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$716,667$716,667
G
UFA - 2
$795,000$795,000 (Performance Bonus$730,000$730K)
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
G
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
RFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Taxi Squad
$725,000$725,000 ($0$0$0$0)
C, RW
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000 ($0$0$0$0)
G
UFA - 1
LW
UFA - 1
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$1,800,000$1,800,000 ($725,000$725K$725,000$725K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 13, 2021 at 12:06 p.m.
You're quite correct!
Mar. 13, 2021 at 12:46 p.m.
Who adds what?
Just trying to be sure I understand the assumptions, here: five years of a center with three 70 point seasons who tried cocaine at a party while he was drunk after he led the playoffs in points equals one season of a center with one 70 point season? Are you assuming that the fans in DC who recently voted to decriminalize marijuana are offended by Kuznetsov trying drugs, or that the fans in Denver who voted years ago to decriminalize marijuana are offended by Kuznetsov trying drugs? Because...

Quoting: TJTwolf
You're quite correct!

"Never Gonna Happen"
Capitalfail67 and TJTwolf liked this.
Mar. 13, 2021 at 12:56 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
im actually interested as to why you think Orlov has less value than Arvidsson? have you seen his stats the last 2 years.... less than impressive

Quoting: Eli
Just trying to be sure I understand the assumptions, here: five years of a center with three 70 point seasons who tried cocaine at a party while he was drunk after he led the playoffs in points equals one season of a center with one 70 point season? Are you assuming that the fans in DC who recently voted to decriminalize marijuana are offended by Kuznetsov trying drugs, or that the fans in Denver who voted years ago to decriminalize marijuana are offended by Kuznetsov trying drugs? Because...

"Never Gonna Happen"

i think the Avs would rather keep their captain than let him go... i do however thnk Kuzy is grossly underrated on this site. Some guy told me the wild would trade a1st and prospect for him.....their center depth is Rask Bonino EK and Hartman...... 70 point centers must be going out of style

in the history of the wild i think the have only had 4 players score more than 70 points in a season .... last one was Staal 17-18before that it was Koivu 09..
TJTwolf and Eli liked this.
Mar. 13, 2021 at 2:55 p.m.
Banned

"Never Gonna Happen"

Honestly...Kuzy reminds me TOO Much of Semin. Good for a few years and then falls flat. I'm disgusted at his faceoff ability and lack of interest the last couple of seasons. Three years ago I was really high on Kuzy...now...he is just a cancer that needs to be cut out. Has nothing to do with the coke either. He is never gonna score 70 pts in a season again...guaranteed.
Mar. 13, 2021 at 2:58 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Capitalfail67
im actually interested as to why you think Orlov has less value than Arvidsson? have you seen his stats the last 2 years.... less than impressive

i think the Avs would rather keep their captain than let him go... i do however thnk Kuzy is grossly underrated on this site. Some guy told me the wild would trade a1st and prospect for him.....their center depth is Rask Bonino EK and Hartman...... 70 point centers must be going out of style

in the history of the wild i think the have only had 4 players score more than 70 points in a season .... last one was Staal 17-18before that it was Koivu 09..

It isn't so much that Orlov is better or worse that Arvs...but the Caps are stacked at LD and a line of Vrana, Gabe and Arvs would be sick. Just think Arvs needs a change of scenery.
Mar. 13, 2021 at 3:08 p.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: Countdown2Eight94
Honestly...Kuzy reminds me TOO Much of Semin. Good for a few years and then falls flat. I'm disgusted at his faceoff ability and lack of interest the last couple of seasons. Three years ago I was really high on Kuzy...now...he is just a cancer that needs to be cut out. Has nothing to do with the coke either. He is never gonna score 70 pts in a season again...guaranteed.

In this millennium there have been 128 40+ goal seasons in the NHL. To my knowledge only one of them was posted by someone who went on to grad school in chemistry or whatever. So keep going with the insults. I'm sure you're really hurting Kuznetsov's feelings.

Landeskog has like a tenth of a point/game more than Kuznetsov this year. It's within the margin of error. They're basically doing equally well, but Kuznetsov has the better contract.

eta: I know Ovechkin can score 50+ goals in a season but if another Russian player does not do that, it might not mean they are lazy. Oshie has never broken 40 and we all say he's hard-working. I mean, sure. He is. But Semin and Kuznetsov work pretty hard, too.
Mar. 13, 2021 at 3:11 p.m.
Banned
In this millennium there have been 128 40+ goal seasons in the NHL. To my knowledge only one of them was posted by someone who went on to grad school in chemistry or whatever. So keep going with the insults. I'm sure you're really hurting Kuznetsov's feelings.

Landeskog has like a tenth of a point/game more than Kuznetsov this year. It's within the margin of error. They're basically doing equally well, but Kuznetsov has the better contract.

Didn't expect the snark from you Eli. You've always been one for honest discussion. Looks like you been hanging out with the trolls on here too much.

Equally well...if your going by a ppg basis...maybe. as overall players...Gabe has him beat by miles.
Mar. 13, 2021 at 3:17 p.m.
Banned

eta: I know Ovechkin can score 50+ goals in a season but if another Russian player does not do that, it might not mean they are lazy. Oshie has never broken 40 and we all say he's hard-working. I mean, sure. He is. But Semin and Kuznetsov work pretty hard, too.

Did you just say Semin worked hard??? Lol. Did I wake up in a different reality this morning?? And besides, my comparison was more along the lines of two players having good stretches and then falling off.
Eli liked this.
Mar. 13, 2021 at 3:31 p.m.
Who adds what?
Did you just say Semin worked hard??? Lol. Did I wake up in a different reality this morning?? And besides, my comparison was more along the lines of two players having good stretches and then falling off.

You know who was picked three spots after Semin and therefore might be said to have had the same amount of "talent?"

Boyd Gordon.

eta: and do you remember who Gordon's first right wing was, on opening night, when Semin was in a bottom six role?

Jaromir Jagr.
Mar. 13, 2021 at 5:17 p.m.
Banned
You know who was picked three spots after Semin and therefore might be said to have had the same amount of "talent?"

Boyd Gordon.

eta: and do you remember who Gordon's first right wing was, on opening night, when Semin was in a bottom six role?

Jaromir Jagr.

Can't figure out your point...

But if you are trying to say Boyd Gordon worked harder than Semin and Kuzy, I AGREE!!!

*Tears of Joy* 😂😂😂
In case I have to explain...Work ethic, not talent.
Mar. 13, 2021 at 6:32 p.m.
Who adds what?
Can't figure out your point...

But if you are trying to say Boyd Gordon worked harder than Semin and Kuzy, I AGREE!!!

*Tears of Joy* 😂😂😂
In case I have to explain...Work ethic, not talent.

That's what people say when a 5th or 6th round average kid like Travis Boyd somehow breaks through, keeps improving, and becomes a fringe NHLer. Boyd Gordon was a top-twenty overall bust who improved his faceoff skills enough to hang on in the NHL for a decade, but never put in the work to translate the offensive skills that got him drafted into a thirty point season. Boyd Gordon had the talent to get picked ahead of Duncan Keith, Tomas Fleishman, Alex Steen, and Jarret Stoll. He never got half as many points as those guys because he barely had a pro-level work ethic. But he was good at faceoffs.
Mar. 13, 2021 at 6:53 p.m.
Banned
That's what people say when a 5th or 6th round average kid like Travis Boyd somehow breaks through, keeps improving, and becomes a fringe NHLer. Boyd Gordon was a top-twenty overall bust who improved his faceoff skills enough to hang on in the NHL for a decade, but never put in the work to translate the offensive skills that got him drafted into a thirty point season. Boyd Gordon had the talent to get picked ahead of Duncan Keith, Tomas Fleishman, Alex Steen, and Jarret Stoll. He never got half as many points as those guys because he barely had a pro-level work ethic. But he was good at faceoffs.

Boyd may not have lived up to his junior ranking, many offensive mind....*career stats search*...

Let me start over. Boyd maxed at 81 pts for Red Deer. That's not a offensive powerhouse in the Canadian junior leagues. Boyd not only was an face off wiz, but was a great penalty kill guy. He also took most of his starts in the defensive zone, so don't start giving me that corsi crap. He even was in the top 50 for Selke 6 TIMES. How many players of his profile can say that??? All I just said adds up to a hard working STUD! You don't make it as a grinder in the NHL without work ethic.

Kuzy is supposed to be a Center. And an ELITE one at that. He has the point production, but hard working elite centers learn to add to their game. He is null and void on our PK, he is a liability at the dot and his production and value has dropped since the cup. That's not hard work.

To circle back to the Landeskog trade...Gabe is even with and arguably a more consistent point getter. Gabe CAN win Faceoffs. Gabe has some flexibility to move to the wing. Gabe is an upgrade in just about every category. So yes, I'm willing to trade a once 70 pt scorer for another once 70 pt scorer with more upside. And yes I'm willing to add some picks....

😁 This is fun.
Mar. 13, 2021 at 7:12 p.m.
Who adds what?
Boyd may not have lived up to his junior ranking, many offensive mind....*career stats search*...

Let me start over. Boyd maxed at 81 pts for Red Deer. That's not a offensive powerhouse in the Canadian junior leagues. Boyd not only was an face off wiz, but was a great penalty kill guy. He also took most of his starts in the defensive zone, so don't start giving me that corsi crap. He even was in the top 50 for Selke 6 TIMES. How many players of his profile can say that??? All I just said adds up to a hard working STUD! You don't make it as a grinder in the NHL without work ethic.

Kuzy is supposed to be a Center. And an ELITE one at that. He has the point production, but hard working elite centers learn to add to their game. He is null and void on our PK, he is a liability at the dot and his production and value has dropped since the cup. That's not hard work.

To circle back to the Landeskog trade...Gabe is even with and arguably a more consistent point getter. Gabe CAN win Faceoffs. Gabe has some flexibility to move to the wing. Gabe is an upgrade in just about every category. So yes, I'm willing to trade a once 70 pt scorer for another once 70 pt scorer with more upside. And yes I'm willing to add some picks....

😁 This is fun.

I still disagree with the idea of Kuznetsov as a center, but the Caps have two other credible 1LW options, so what else are they supposed to do with him? I think he's a terrific top-six supporting player who sometimes goes on a hot streak and leads the Caps in scoring. I used to really believe that it took more work and skill to be a defensive forward, but given that it takes something like 30 shot attempts to score a goal, and that usually when one goes in, a defenseman or a goalie looks worse than the defensive forward who messed up before them, it might just be a position with a fair amount of job security. There are defensive forwards who are great, and some years Boyd Gordon was among them, but other years I think he could have coasted worse than Semin ever did, and nobody would have known.
Mar. 13, 2021 at 7:26 p.m.
Banned
I still disagree with the idea of Kuznetsov as a center, but the Caps have two other credible 1LW options, so what else are they supposed to do with him? I think he's a terrific top-six supporting player who sometimes goes on a hot streak and leads the Caps in scoring. I used to really believe that it took more work and skill to be a defensive forward, but given that it takes something like 30 shot attempts to score a goal, and that usually when one goes in, a defenseman or a goalie looks worse than the defensive forward who messed up before them, it might just be a position with a fair amount of job security. There are defensive forwards who are great, and some years Boyd Gordon was among them, but other years I think he could have coasted worse than Semin ever did, and nobody would have known.

Well Eli, Kuzy IS a center. That's where he has played 99% of his career. And that is why they drafted him. So just because you disagree that is where he should play, doesn't change the fact he plays center.

Also, by saying Boyd could have coasted and nobody would know, you've got the nail on the head. *Could have* are the key words. But nothing indicates it.
Eli liked this.
Mar. 13, 2021 at 7:32 p.m.
Who adds what?
Well Eli, Kuzy IS a center. That's where he has played 99% of his career. And that is why they drafted him. So just because you disagree that is where he should play, doesn't change the fact he plays center.

Also, by saying Boyd could have coasted and nobody would know, you've got the nail on the head. *Could have* are the key words. But nothing indicates it.

Nah. Nothing really says lazy. He always played tough zone starts. But in 08-09, his corsi for percentage, relative to teammates, was -9.8. That's pretty bad, but nobody cared yet, so he skated by, if you will.

In fact, if you compare zone starts with corsi on that year's Caps, the only guy who stands out as significantly worse than Boyd Gordon is Matt Bradley. And hey, do you remember who it was who started the rumor that Semin was lazy, at the end of that year, before not getting offered a contract? Right. https://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/WSH/2009.html
Mar. 13, 2021 at 7:38 p.m.
Banned
Nah. Nothing really says lazy. He always played tough zone starts. But in 08-09, his corsi for percentage, relative to teammates, was -9.8. That's pretty bad, but nobody cared yet, so he skated by, if you will.

In fact, if you compare zone starts with corsi on that year's Caps, the only guy who stands out as significantly worse than Boyd Gordon is Matt Bradley. And hey, do you remember who it was who started the rumor that Semin was lazy, at the end of that year, before not getting offered a contract? Right. https://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/WSH/2009.html

Didn't I tell you not to give me that corsi crap?? Such an overrated psuedo-stat. Especially when using it against role players. And did you really just bash Bradley. One of the most beloved hard nose guys the Caps have ever had? That's crossing a line there. 😉

Do you remember Semin leaving DC to a going away party. This team couldn't get rid of him quick enough. Hmm...maybe he was on to something? 🤔
Mar. 13, 2021 at 9:47 p.m.
Who adds what?
Didn't I tell you not to give me that corsi crap?? Such an overrated psuedo-stat. Especially when using it against role players. And did you really just bash Bradley. One of the most beloved hard nose guys the Caps have ever had? That's crossing a line there. 😉

Do you remember Semin leaving DC to a going away party. This team couldn't get rid of him quick enough. Hmm...maybe he was on to something? 🤔

Bradley was definitely one of the top-10 toughest Caps of the '00s. He got big cheers every time he made a hit or touched the puck. His comment about Semin was unfortunate, and I'd bet he'd like to have it back.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll