Created by: A123
Team: 2020-21 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 17, 2021
Published: Mar. 17, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
TOR
  1. Iafallo, Alex ($1,212,500 retained)
  2. Quick, Jonathan ($2,000,000 retained)
LAK
  1. Andersen, Frederik
  2. Robertson, Nicholas
  3. 2021 2nd round pick (TOR)
TOR
  1. Foligno, Nick ($2,525,000 retained)
  2. Savard, David ($2,125,000 retained)
CBJ
  1. Kerfoot, Alexander
  2. Liljegren, Timothy
  3. 2022 3rd round pick (TOR)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$71,149,741$0$0$10,350,259
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$1,212,500$1,212,500
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 4
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 5
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
-$1,150,000-$1,150,000
LW, C, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 4
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,645,000$1,645,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 1
$1,050,000$1,050,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$900,000$900,000
G
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
-$1,062,500-$1,062,500
RD
UFA - 1
$1,650,000$1,650,000
G
UFA - 2
$874,125$874,125
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Taxi Squad
$900,000$900,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000 ($0$0$0$0)
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 ($0$0$0$0)
LD
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000 ($0$0$0$0)
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000 ($0$0$0$0)
C, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 17, 2021 at 11:23 a.m.
Brace for the Storm
Crazy overpay for a washed up Quick and Iafallo
PrimeDatsyuk and TooMalevolent liked this.
Mar. 17, 2021 at 11:31 a.m.
Going to be fun to watch reactions on this one. As a Kings fan that's watched nearly every game this year, Quick's actually been very very good. But amongst Leafs fans that don't watch him every day, that's going to get lost in his last two years stats. His injury history has to be a bit concerning, but there's something to having a proven playoff performer in net who shows up when the games matter. No doubt the Leafs could use someone like that.

I'm not saying the trade works right out of the gate (there's some expansion draft issues with moving Quick, not sure how Anderson's expiring deal affects that), but I'd imagine it's a lot closer to equal value than most Leaf's fans want to admit. Most are convinced that they're going to get a top line winger for players that have significant question marks of NHL upside (Dermott, Liljegrin, Kerfoot, etc), but that's simply not how trades work. You have to give to get. It's something I'd definitely consider if I was Rob Blake.
Mar. 17, 2021 at 11:38 a.m.
Come on
Quoting: PuckLuck_77
Going to be fun to watch reactions on this one. As a Kings fan that's watched nearly every game this year, Quick's actually been very very good. But amongst Leafs fans that don't watch him every day, that's going to get lost in his last two years stats. His injury history has to be a bit concerning, but there's something to having a proven playoff performer in net who shows up when the games matter. No doubt the Leafs could use someone like that.

I'm not saying the trade works right out of the gate (there's some expansion draft issues with moving Quick, not sure how Anderson's expiring deal affects that), but I'd imagine it's a lot closer to equal value than most Leaf's fans want to admit. Most are convinced that they're going to get a top line winger for players that have significant question marks of NHL upside (Dermott, Liljegrin, Kerfoot, etc), but that's simply not how trades work. You have to give to get. It's something I'd definitely consider if I was Rob Blake.

That’s my thinking as well
Mar. 17, 2021 at 11:42 a.m.
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward

It's insane high, Jesus Christ.
Mar. 17, 2021 at 11:44 a.m.
Come on
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward

How many la games have you watched this year?
Mar. 17, 2021 at 11:47 a.m.

I don't know I'm leaning towards don't do it, but I get the logic.

Kings shouldn't do this trade (reasons): they have the capspace but if you sign Andersen to $5Mx2 you basically are paying him $7M, it seems like an insult to Cal after he patiently waited and took team friendly contracts, Toronto media will eat Quickie alive. One of the best parts of Blake's rebuild is that when the Kings make their first playoff berth they will have stanley cup experience at every position.

Kings should do this trade (reasons): If Andersen seems open to staying with the Kings (his past time in Anaheim might make that an option), I guess you have to look into it. They get younger at goalie and have legit 1A/1B for a while.
PuckLuck_77 liked this.
Mar. 17, 2021 at 11:48 a.m.

That's all a fair point, but you are not getting a scoring winger with top 6 potential for a 35 year old goalie. Not even close. And I do watch the Kings. If this was for their better goalie I would understand adding.
Mar. 17, 2021 at 11:49 a.m.
Quoting: tryger

Kings shouldn't do this trade (reasons): they have the capspace but if you sign Andersen to $5Mx2 you basically are paying him $7M, it seems like an insult to Cal after he patiently waited and took team friendly contracts, Toronto media will eat Quickie alive. One of the best parts of Blake's rebuild is that when the Kings make their first playoff berth they will have stanley cup experience at every position.

Kings should do this trade (reasons): If Andersen seems open to staying with the Kings (his past time in Anaheim might make that an option), I guess you have to look into it. They get younger at goalie and have legit 1A/1B for a while.

Kings would do this in a heartbeat.
Mar. 17, 2021 at 11:54 a.m.
Quoting: TooMalevolent
Kings would do this in a heartbeat.

Why? Because they just need to lose Quick? They really don't Cal is being paid under $1M next year too.
Mar. 17, 2021 at 1:19 p.m.
Quoting: TooMalevolent
That's all a fair point, but you are not getting a scoring winger with top 6 potential for a 35 year old goalie. Not even close. And I do watch the Kings. If this was for their better goalie I would understand adding.

I don't read this ACGM as Quick being the main piece. He's an additional one that makes your goaltending cheaper allowing you to find other pieces elsewhere. Robertson isn't added in the trade for Quick, he's added because you're getting Iafallo, the top-line winger thats making under $1.5mil with the retention that's being asked.
Mar. 17, 2021 at 1:29 p.m.
Quoting: tryger

I don't view it as an insult to Cal, because I don't do this to entertain signing Anderson to an extension unless he's willing to take a pay cut. Because I would not give him any sort of raise, I let Anderson walk next year and save another $3.8mil in cap (unfortunate about the retention to Quick to not make it the full $5.8mil, but understandable in this trade with Leafs cap situation) to sign a back-up goalie cheap and some extra talent around the roster. Having Anderson as a 1A/1B for this season is just the same as having Quickie. But next year you're forcing the issue with giving Cal the reigns.

In essence it's getting out from under an extra year of Quick's contract at the cost of 2mil in retention in exchange for shaving 1.2mil off of the Leafs cap and gaining a proven playoff goalie.

Iafallo is in the trade for the 2nd and Robertson. Which to me seems fair value, but I value a $1.25mil top-line winger very highly. Even if he will be UFA after the year. If the Leafs aren't comfortable with Robertson, then I downgrade the prospect to Hallander and upgrade the pick to a 1st in either 2021 or 2022.
tryger liked this.
Mar. 17, 2021 at 3:05 p.m.
I don't view it as an insult to Cal, because I don't do this to entertain signing Anderson to an extension unless he's willing to take a pay cut. Because I would not give him any sort of raise, I let Anderson walk next year and save another $3.8mil in cap (unfortunate about the retention to Quick to not make it the full $5.8mil, but understandable in this trade with Leafs cap situation) to sign a back-up goalie cheap and some extra talent around the roster. Having Anderson as a 1A/1B for this season is just the same as having Quickie. But next year you're forcing the issue with giving Cal the reigns.

In essence it's getting out from under an extra year of Quick's contract at the cost of 2mil in retention in exchange for shaving 1.2mil off of the Leafs cap and gaining a proven playoff goalie.

Iafallo is in the trade for the 2nd and Robertson. Which to me seems fair value, but I value a $1.25mil top-line winger very highly. Even if he will be UFA after the year. If the Leafs aren't comfortable with Robertson, then I downgrade the prospect to Hallander and upgrade the pick to a 1st in either 2021 or 2022.

Rentals don't go for first Rd picks or high prospects. You will not find any recent precedent for it. it's not going to start with Iafallo.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll