SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

How far off is this from working for BUF

Created by: MNCountryClub
Published: May 12, 2021 at 10:20 a.m.
Salary Cap: $81,500,000
Season Days: 27/116 (23%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Buffalo SabresBuffalo Sabres

Trade occurred while using LTIR
LTIR Relief: $2,200,000
LTIR Used Prior to Trade: -$824,210
OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Eichel, JackBuffalo SabresIR-$10,000,000011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Voracek, JakubPhiladelphia FlyersNHL-$8,250,000111---0000--
Frost, MorganWaivers ExemptPhiladelphia FlyersIR-$863,333011---0000--
2021 1st round pick (Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersPHI)---100------
2021 1st round pick (Logo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsPIT)---100------
2021 2nd round pick (Logo of the Minnesota WildMIN)---010------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$3,024,2102643583812
Change$886,667111210
Final$3,910,877 (↑)27 (↑)44 (↑)59 (↑)5 (↑)9 (↑)12000

Logo of the Minnesota WildMinnesota Wild

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Dumba, MattMinnesota WildNHL-$1,396,551111---0000--
2021 1st round pick (Logo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsPIT)---100------
2021 2nd round pick (Logo of the Minnesota WildMIN)---010------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Couturier, SeanPhiladelphia FlyersNHL-$1,008,620111---0000--
Initial$1,637,2052246634712
Change$387,931000-1-10
Final$2,025,136 (↑)2246633 (↓)6 (↓)12000

Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersPhiladelphia Flyers

Couturier, SeanPhiladelphia FlyersNHL-$1,008,620111---0000--
Voracek, JakubPhiladelphia FlyersNHL-$1,920,258111---0000--
Frost, MorganWaivers ExemptPhiladelphia FlyersIR-$200,948011---0000--
2021 1st round pick (Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersPHI)---100------
Dumba, MattMinnesota WildNHL-$1,396,551111---0000--
Eichel, JackBuffalo SabresIR-$2,327,586011---0000--
Initial$771,9822449673613
Change-$594,311-1-1-1-100
Final$177,671 (↓)23 (↓)48 (↓)66 (↓)2 (↓)613000
May 12, 2021 at 10:25 a.m.
Wow Philly really cleans up in this one
Gui liked this.
May 12, 2021 at 10:29 a.m.
Quoting: Rhea

Yeah that was my fear - what do you think would balance it more? Suggestions on what to shift around so it's more enticing for BUF and not as favorable to PHI? Assume MIN is perfectly happy with this.
May 12, 2021 at 10:52 a.m.
Sabres fan
Buffalo has no interest in Voracek for one. Konecny would move the needle a little better.
May 12, 2021 at 10:56 a.m.
SENS FAN
First of all none of these trades work second of all you dont know how 3 team trades work
May 12, 2021 at 11:08 a.m.
Quoting: Tjm220
Buffalo has no interest in Voracek for one. Konecny would move the needle a little better.

Ok that's fair - I appreciate the feedback. I'll workshop it a bit for my own amusement and look to drop Voracek and add Konecny.
May 12, 2021 at 11:09 a.m.
Quoting: NAF10
First of all none of these trades work second of all you dont know how 3 team trades work

Umm....this is unnecessarily aggressive? Care to add anything constructive or explain further?
May 12, 2021 at 11:26 a.m.
SENS FAN
Quoting: drmantalban
Umm....this is unnecessarily aggressive? Care to add anything constructive or explain further?

Buffalo and pittsburgh never traded anything to each other in three team trades ever team trades something to each other.
To get Eichel you have to pay alot more then Frost and Voracek, Voracek Does nothing for Buffalo they dont need him that first is basically gonna be outside the top 10 Frost is the only decent piece in this trade
Philadelphia gets a defenseman they dont need, and trades Couturier who is gonna be there number 1 Centerman no deal both sides
May 12, 2021 at 11:44 a.m.
Quoting: NAF10
Buffalo and pittsburgh never traded anything to each other in three team trades ever team trades something to each other.
To get Eichel you have to pay alot more then Frost and Voracek, Voracek Does nothing for Buffalo they dont need him that first is basically gonna be outside the top 10 Frost is the only decent piece in this trade
Philadelphia gets a defenseman they dont need, and trades Couturier who is gonna be there number 1 Centerman no deal both sides

Pittsburgh? What are you talking about? If you're trying to indicate that all 3 teams would need to be involved, they are. Additionally, Philly does need a top RD-man to play with Provorov. Dumba may not be perfect, but it does fill a need, so you're not correct there. Philly obviously doesn't want to move Coots, but the whole point is that they have Eichel coming back, so they're ok with it. Buffalo not getting enough compensation is a fair criticism, which is why I titled the post "How far off is this from working for BUF".

If you're gonna be condescending and hostile, at least make sense.
May 12, 2021 at 2:03 p.m.
Gaikoku-hito
I would say you are off by a lot here as I don't think you consider what each team actually requires; Buffalo is case an point:
Buffalo requires the following:
- Young NHL ready players (forward, defender & Tender)
- Prospects
- Draft Picks

The question becomes how much do they get of what they require as I would assume that three Young NHL ready players are min requirement with picks or prospects.

Minnesota doesn't currently have any real requirements as they are in a win now situation; if they require anything it would be cap space so prospects and picks in return for Dumba or an depth defender. So this feels like it should have been a Dumba to Philadelphia for picks and maybe Myers, Philippe. This would then force Philadelphia to trade more pieces to free up cap space themselves; if they are considering Jack also.

So here is how I think the trade would work:

Buffalo receives:
Konecny, Travis
Lindblom, Oskar
Myers, Philippe
Draft Picks and/or Prospects

Philadelphia receives as above:
Dumba, Matt
Eichel, Jack

Minnesota receives:
Draft picks ( 1st & 3rd or 4th?)
May 12, 2021 at 2:51 p.m.
Quoting: Gui
I would say you are off by a lot here as I don't think you consider what each team actually requires; Buffalo is case an point:
- Prospects
- Draft Picks

Regarding BUF, that's fair. That's the side of this equation I struggled with most. I'd agree that it needs workshopping for BUF to consider it, but Frost is NHL ready and I included 2 1sts and a 2nd. Voracek is not worth his contract, but he's still very productive and immediately plays topline minutes for BUF. I'm not hung up on what I proposed here, since I'd agree that package to BUF ultimately gets beat by competing offers. I just wanted to explore Couturier going to MIN, while also playing around with the Eichel sweepstakes. PHI has very little incentive to move coots, unless there's major upside (blue chip D man like Seth Jones + picks, or Jack Eichel).

Minnesota doesn't currently have any real requirements as they are in a win now situation; if they require anything it would be cap space so prospects and picks in return for Dumba or an depth defender. So this feels like it should have been a Dumba to Philadelphia for picks and maybe Myers,

Sorry but that's just not at all correct. MIN does not need a depth defender, and more importantly, they have an enormous need for a 1C. 1C is a MONUMENTAL requirement for MIN right now and the foreseeable future. Victor Rask is currently the 1st line center, a guy that's a healthy scratch on most teams. Finding a top line center is probably one of the highest priorities in MIN. MIN has absolutely zero interest in this trade, unless there's a 1C coming back. Plenty of proposals have them targeting Eichel, but I wanted this one to be different in going after Coots.
May 12, 2021 at 4:34 p.m.
Quoting: Rhea

no way buffalo would consider that trade...wishful thinking....
May 12, 2021 at 4:36 p.m.
- Prospects
- Draft Picks

The question becomes how much do they get of what they require as I would assume that three Young NHL ready players are min requirement with picks or prospects.

Minnesota doesn't currently have any real requirements as they are in a win now situation; if they require anything it would be cap space so prospects and picks in return for Dumba or an depth defender. So this feels like it should have been a Dumba to Philadelphia for picks and maybe Myers, Philippe. This would then force Philadelphia to trade more pieces to free up cap space themselves; if they are considering Jack also.

So here is how I think the trade would work:

Buffalo receives:
Konecny, Travis
Lindblom, Oskar
Myers, Philippe
Draft Picks and/or Prospects

Philadelphia receives as above:
Dumba, Matt
Eichel, Jack

Minnesota receives:
Draft picks ( 1st & 3rd or 4th?)

dumba will be unprotected for the draft so no reason to make this trade
Gui liked this.
May 12, 2021 at 11:29 p.m.
Gaikoku-hito
Quoting: M0LSON
dumba will be unprotected for the draft so no reason to make this trade

Agreed, I was simple playing what drmantalban wanted Philadelphia to get in the trade.
May 12, 2021 at 11:43 p.m.
Gaikoku-hito
Quoting: drmantalban
Regarding BUF, that's fair. That's the side of this equation I struggled with most. I'd agree that it needs workshopping for BUF to consider it, but Frost is NHL ready and I included 2 1sts and a 2nd. Voracek is not worth his contract, but he's still very productive and immediately plays topline minutes for BUF. I'm not hung up on what I proposed here, since I'd agree that package to BUF ultimately gets beat by competing offers. I just wanted to explore Couturier going to MIN, while also playing around with the Eichel sweepstakes. PHI has very little incentive to move coots, unless there's major upside (blue chip D man like Seth Jones + picks, or Jack Eichel).

Quote:
Sorry but that's just not at all correct. MIN does not need a depth defender, and more importantly, they have an enormous need for a 1C. 1C is a MONUMENTAL requirement for MIN right now and the foreseeable future. Victor Rask is currently the 1st line center, a guy that's a healthy scratch on most teams. Finding a top line center is probably one of the highest priorities in MIN. MIN has absolutely zero interest in this trade, unless there's a 1C coming back. Plenty of proposals have them targeting Eichel, but I wanted this one to be different in going after Coots.

Issue I have with this statement is the fact that you are consider Couturier, Sean as first line center, when he is clearly being paid like a second line center in Philadelphia right now. So why would Minnesota want a second line center when 1C is a MONUMENTAL requirement for MIN right now and the foreseeable future. Which I also disagree with the foreseeable future aspect since Minnesota are a year maybe two from a complete rebuild so they will require a lot more then 2C playing 1C minutes.

You also seem to miss the fact that Minnesota needs Cap space more then anything else at the moment as they cannot acquire an 1C without Cap Space.
May 13, 2021 at 8:08 a.m.
SENS FAN
Aparently im stupid but this would never happen Dumba isnt even that good it just ruins the players like Phillipe Myres from getting more minutes
May 13, 2021 at 10:41 a.m.
Issue I have with this statement is the fact that you are consider Couturier, Sean as first line center, when he is clearly being paid like a second line center in Philadelphia right now. So why would Minnesota want a second line center when 1C is a MONUMENTAL requirement for MIN right now and the foreseeable future. Which I also disagree with the foreseeable future aspect since Minnesota are a year maybe two from a complete rebuild so they will require a lot more then 2C playing 1C minutes.

You also seem to miss the fact that Minnesota needs Cap space more then anything else at the moment as they cannot acquire an 1C without Cap Space.

Gui - Coots is a 1C talent. If you can't admit that, just because you'd rather poke holes in my argument, then I don't want to continue this discussion. His contract is one of the best in the league right now, but he's UFA after next season and I absolutely guarantee you he gets paid. Citing his current cap hit as a reason for not being a 1C is ridiculous.

Also, Minnesota is a year away from rebuild?!!! In what league?! They have one of the highest rated prospect pools in the league and deep young talent in Kaprizov, Fiala, Ek. MIN is not a year or two away from rebuild, they're a 1C away from being legitimate cup contenders. Cap space is an issue, but they have over 20M coming off the books next year. The main problem are the Parise and Suter contracts, which will weigh heavy. Although there's quite a bit of speculation around something happening with Parise this summer.

I can appreciate that my original trade proposal has plenty of flaws, but you are just completely missing the mark with your comments on MIN. I wouldn't pretend to be an expert on PHI or BUF, or any other team for that matter, but I follow the wild extremely closely and know their charts inside out.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll