17$81,500,000$45,477,250$113,916$3,250,000$36,022,750
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
    $9,000,000$9,000,000
    LW, RW
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RW, C
    RFA - 1
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    RW
    UFA - 3
    $1,600,000$1,600,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $1,350,000$1,350,000
    LW, C
    RFA - 3
    $1,400,000$1,400,000
    C
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$1,550,000$2M)
    C
    RFA - 3
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    C, LW
    UFA - 2
    $3,050,000$3,050,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000
    C, LW
    RFA - 1
    $1,050,000$1,050,000
    LW, C
    RFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $4,250,000$4,250,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 3
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    RD
    RFA - 3
    $889,166$889,166
    LD/RD
    RFA - 1
    $3,875,000$3,875,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    G
    UFA - 4
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $2,200,000$2,200,000
    LW, C
    UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    May 15, 2021 at 5:06 p.m.
    Nope, doesn't make sense for LA.
    TrueCanuck liked this.
    May 15, 2021 at 5:10 p.m.
    Banned
    LA isn't surrendering both Turcotte and Vilardi for Jack Eichel, it's one or the other not both. And Reinhart is long gone as well he wont stay with the Sabres if Eichel is out the door.
    May 15, 2021 at 5:11 p.m.
    BOSSMAN
    Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58
    LA isn't surrendering both Turcotte and Vilardi for Jack Eichel, it's one or the other not both. And Reinhart is long gone as well he wont stay with the Sabres if Eichel is out the door.

wrong. Its either Byfield or Turcotte and Vilardi
    May 15, 2021 at 5:11 p.m.

It starts with byfield. People need to stop acting like Eichel isn't a 24 year old franchise center.
    May 15, 2021 at 5:16 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: BOSSMAN

Good luck, because Byfield isn't happening and neither is Turcotte and Vilardi. And the Kings aren't an Eichel away from making a major playoff push. LA is still years away from being very competitive playoff team.
    May 15, 2021 at 5:17 p.m.

Turcotte and Vilardi might be a no go. Turcotte and Kupari maybe. It would really depend on other offers. Sabres would likely push for the 2021 1st either way.
    May 15, 2021 at 5:43 p.m.
    Roster Architect

Quoting: OrganizedConfusion55
    It starts with byfield. People need to stop acting like Eichel isn't a 24 year old franchise center.

None of this makes any sense for LA. Eichel doesn't make sense for LA. The Kings already have centre prospects in the system that can be top 6 or even game changing talents. Byfield, Turcotte, and Vilardi would be off the table for LA to move for Eichel. A top centre isn't their need. They have the forwards to fit their rebuild, they'd only move their high end guys for a top poring left defenceman. It makes no sense at all to be going after Eichel and makes less sense for them to use Byfield, Turcotte, or Vilardi for it. I could see them using Turcotte for a high end defenceman that's already proven. But other than that, they'll stand pat
    May 15, 2021 at 6:15 p.m.
    I dont think we get both. Im good with turcotte plus a winger prospect.
    May 15, 2021 at 6:30 p.m.
    BOSSMAN
    Quoting: TrueCanuck
    None of this makes any sense for LA. Eichel doesn't make sense for LA. The Kings already have centre prospects in the system that can be top 6 or even game changing talents. Byfield, Turcotte, and Vilardi would be off the table for LA to move for Eichel. A top centre isn't their need. They have the forwards to fit their rebuild, they'd only move their high end guys for a top poring left defenceman. It makes no sense at all to be going after Eichel and makes less sense for them to use Byfield, Turcotte, or Vilardi for it. I could see them using Turcotte for a high end defenceman that's already proven. But other than that, they'll stand pat

None of those player will ever come close to what Eichel is, Jack was on pace for 40 goals and 95 points at 23 years old before covid hit, your telling me one of those 3 players will be able to do that? give me a break buddy. Vilardi is 22 years old and had 20 points this year and Eichel played hurt all year and still almost managed to put up more points than vilardi in less than half the games. what has Turcotte and byfield done at the NHL level to make you think they're so special or have a chance to become better that Eichel?
    May 15, 2021 at 6:55 p.m.
    thewookie1
    For those saying the Kings are not an Eichel away from playoff contention you are very much wrong.

You still have Anze Kopitar and a lesser Drew Doughty whom might feel more invigorated after the trade. Eichel’s 24 going on 25 not some 29 year old. Give us Byfield+ and make a playoff run. By the time Byfield and Turcotte are even close to Eichel, Kopitar will be gone and Doughty will be a $11mil pylon. It’s pushing your chips into the middle and going all in; it will effectively come down to LA’s management and how patient they want to be.
    May 15, 2021 at 7:14 p.m.

Can be, and are, is a very big difference, and realistically none of them will develop to the level of Eichel. I don't want the sabres to trade Eichel, but it seems that they will be moving him. LA would be foolish to pass on him for Byfield, a first, and a few other pieces.
    May 15, 2021 at 7:36 p.m.
    Roster Architect
    None of those player will ever come close to what Eichel is, Jack was on pace for 40 goals and 95 points at 23 years old before covid hit, your telling me one of those 3 players will be able to do that? give me a break buddy. Vilardi is 22 years old and had 20 points this year and Eichel played hurt all year and still almost managed to put up more points than vilardi in less than half the games. what has Turcotte and byfield done at the NHL level to make you think they're so special or have a chance to become better that Eichel?

Byfield has the potential to be a dominant centre that hits 100 points regularly. 40 goals wouldn't be out of the question and he's younger plus cheaper. Byfield dominated the world juniors as the youngest player there, and didn't look out of place one bit while playing AHL minutes as a teenager. That's rare. Why would LA trade that for Eichel? I never once said that Vilardi will be like Eichel. But Vilardi will be a great 2C with an effective 2way game while being able to put up 60-70 points. He fits that role better. Eichel wouldn't be the 2C. Turcotte tore up the AHL. Didn't look out of place either. I'm not saying that he wouldn't be traded, I'm saying that for Eichel it's pointless when they'll have Byfield at 1C, Vilardi at 2C, and Kopitar at 3C.. where does Eichel fit in that? Wouldn't be the 1C once Byfield gets going and hits his prime, Eichel's too good for a 2C and Vilardi is already on the team and fits that role perfectly, and Eichel would be a terrible 3C. That's why LA doesn't do it (in case you couldn't read my last comment), they don't do it because they don't need a centre. At all. Why would LA give up valuable assets for something they don't need when they can use it for something they do need?
    May 15, 2021 at 7:39 p.m.
    Roster Architect
    Can be, and are, is a very big difference, and realistically none of them will develop to the level of Eichel. I don't want the sabres to trade Eichel, but it seems that they will be moving him. LA would be foolish to pass on him for Byfield, a first, and a few other pieces.

LOL Byfield + a 1st + other assets is a major overpay. Eichel is good, don't get me wrong. But he hasn't proven that he can produce to that high elite level either. He had Hall and didn't do much. He had Skinner on a career year and didn't do much. He's in his prime and sure he's better now. But Byfield has the potential to be a dominant 1C and then refer to comment #12 for the rest of my opinion. LA doesn't need centres. Byfield fits their rebuild better and will be a core piece for longer than Eichel. LA needs a top pairing defenceman. They'd be much smarter using Turcotte to go get that than Eichel who's something they don't need.
    May 15, 2021 at 8:40 p.m.
    BOSSMAN
    Byfield has the potential to be a dominant centre that hits 100 points regularly. 40 goals wouldn't be out of the question and he's younger plus cheaper. Byfield dominated the world juniors as the youngest player there, and didn't look out of place one bit while playing AHL minutes as a teenager. That's rare. Why would LA trade that for Eichel? I never once said that Vilardi will be like Eichel. But Vilardi will be a great 2C with an effective 2way game while being able to put up 60-70 points. He fits that role better. Eichel wouldn't be the 2C. Turcotte tore up the AHL. Didn't look out of place either. I'm not saying that he wouldn't be traded, I'm saying that for Eichel it's pointless when they'll have Byfield at 1C, Vilardi at 2C, and Kopitar at 3C.. where does Eichel fit in that? Wouldn't be the 1C once Byfield gets going and hits his prime, Eichel's too good for a 2C and Vilardi is already on the team and fits that role perfectly, and Eichel would be a terrible 3C. That's why LA doesn't do it (in case you couldn't read my last comment), they don't do it because they don't need a centre. At all. Why would LA give up valuable assets for something they don't need when they can use it for something they do need?

Byfield 100 points ? for Do you even watch hockey? Lmao, Lafreniere is so much better than him and he had 20 points this year, your lucky if Byfield gets 70 points in his 5th year
    May 15, 2021 at 8:51 p.m.
    Eichel to the Kings makes the most sense for Buffalo. In my opinion, it doesn't make sense for the Kings. Their current core's window is pretty much closed. A rebuild makes more sense than mortgaging their future to have a few more playoff runs followed by settling into mediocrity.
    May 16, 2021 at 8:49 a.m.
    Roster Architect
    Byfield 100 points ? for Do you even watch hockey? Lmao, Lafreniere is so much better than him and he had 20 points this year, your lucky if Byfield gets 70 points in his 5th year

Lol. Yes I watch hockey, I'm a scout actually. Scouted Byfield many times. & 100 points in his prime is definitely in the question. You say Lafrieniere is "better than him" which may be true right now, but there were many people that believe Byfield will have a better career. His combination of size, speed, and skill are very rare. That's lethal for 100 points
    May 16, 2021 at 12:10 p.m.
    LOL Byfield + a 1st + other assets is a major overpay. Eichel is good, don't get me wrong. But he hasn't proven that he can produce to that high elite level either. He had Hall and didn't do much. He had Skinner on a career year and didn't do much. He's in his prime and sure he's better now. But Byfield has the potential to be a dominant 1C and then refer to comment #12 for the rest of my opinion. LA doesn't need centres. Byfield fits their rebuild better and will be a core piece for longer than Eichel. LA needs a top pairing defenceman. They'd be much smarter using Turcotte to go get that than Eichel who's something they don't need.

Lmao off. No, it's not. A top ten player in the NHL that is 24. Go look how often those type of trades happen. I love how naive people are about prospects. Acting like the NHL draft is like the nfl's
    May 16, 2021 at 1:02 p.m.
    Roster Architect
    Lmao off. No, it's not. A top ten player in the NHL that is 24. Go look how often those type of trades happen. I love how naive people are about prospects. Acting like the NHL draft is like the nfl's

Byfield has been watched closely by NHL scouts since he was 15. Guys with his combination of size, soles, and skill are rare. He'll be a top 10 player by the time he's 24. Why spend valuable prospects and more money on Eichel when Byfield will be that in a better time for their rebuild? Stupid idea.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll