SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

I love Kadri but......

May 20, 2021 at 11:12 a.m.
Please win the cup
The dude needs to learn to control his temper, yet again in the 1st round he has a player safety here for checking J Faulk in the head, I think because of this (and thinking about past playoffs), the Kadri trade was good for the leafs, I don't blame the leafs losing in the first round on Kadri when he was on the team, but when your 2nd/3rd line center is suspended 3 out of 4 years in the playoffs that hurts a team......
Saskleaf and Lanny_McJagrBomb liked this.
May 20, 2021 at 11:37 a.m.
Please win the cup
Edited May 20, 2021 at 2:51 p.m.
Quoting: MapleLeafsfan2003
The dude needs to learn to control his temper, yet again in the 1st round he has a player safety here for checking J Faulk in the head, I think because of this (and thinking about past playoffs), the Kadri trade was good for the leafs, I don't blame the leafs losing in the first round on Kadri when he was on the team, but when your 2nd/3rd line center is suspended 3 out of 4 years in the playoffs that hurts a team......

Edit: Kadri was 2/3 with player safety with Toronto, not 3/4
May 23, 2021 at 6:06 p.m.
I like Kadri but like you said he's a hot head and can't control his temper and seemingly even moreso at the most critical times.

The trade will never look good on the Leafs but at least Kerfoot has looked like a serviceable 3C so far in the playoffs. If he keeps playing well his reward may be getting scooped up by the Kraken in the expansion draft
MapleLeafsfan2003 liked this.
May 25, 2021 at 11:15 a.m.
Save Ukrane, end war
Quoting: Lanny_McJagrBomb
I like Kadri but like you said he's a hot head and can't control his temper and seemingly even moreso at the most critical times.

The trade will never look good on the Leafs but at least Kerfoot has looked like a serviceable 3C so far in the playoffs. If he keeps playing well his reward may be getting scooped up by the Kraken in the expansion draft

I've been quite impressed with Kerfoot so far this series. He's one of a few guys on the roster that has been tasked with changing roles. To me, he's done a great job of killing penalties and battling through a rough series being a smaller guy. I've noticed he's been winning a good chunk of draws on the PK as well which has been a big factor in how well the kill has been as of late.

Kadri, as talented as the guys is. Taking stupid penalties and getting suspensions in the playoffs is nothing but a distraction to the team. I don't think he has much respect in the league, I think it's time the hockey world moves on from him imo.
MapleLeafsfan2003, Lanny_McJagrBomb, Saskleaf and 1 other person liked this.
May 26, 2021 at 2:13 a.m.
Quoting: BigDaddyOvech
I've been quite impressed with Kerfoot so far this series. He's one of a few guys on the roster that has been tasked with changing roles. To me, he's done a great job of killing penalties and battling through a rough series being a smaller guy. I've noticed he's been winning a good chunk of draws on the PK as well which has been a big factor in how well the kill has been as of late.

To further your point, one could say Kerfoot has been one of the most impressive Leafs' players in this Montreal series.
May 26, 2021 at 10:38 a.m.
Save Ukrane, end war
Quoting: oneX
To further your point, one could say Kerfoot has been one of the most impressive Leafs' players in this Montreal series.

I was quietly smiling to myself that I posted my thoughts on Kerfoot and then he goes and has a 3 assist game! let's GO!
oneX liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll