$5,000,000$5,000,000
    C
    UFA - 6
    Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
    $5,400,000$5,400,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 5
    Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
    LW, C
    RFA - 3
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 2
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    RW
    RFA - 1
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $834,167$834,167 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
    C
    RFA - 1
    $3,200,000$3,200,000
    RW
    UFA - 3
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $4,167,000$4,167,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
    $5,400,000$5,400,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $3,750,000$3,750,000
    G
    UFA - 3
    $5,600,000$5,600,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RD
    RFA - 2
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    LD
    RFA - 3
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $1,650,000$1,650,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $785,000$785,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    Taxi Squad
    $850,000$850,000 ($0$0$0$0)
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    May 24, 2021 at 10:12 a.m.
    Sens Sicko from '06
    Domi and Jones are both overrated.

Not even close to enough
    May 24, 2021 at 10:15 a.m.
    Quoting: ChrisPy97
    Domi and Jones are both overrated.

Not even close to enough

forgot to mention they would add picks and prospects... just didn't know how much to add. Could be as much as their high first this year
    ChrisPy97 liked this.
    May 24, 2021 at 10:19 a.m.
    Sens Sicko from '06
    Quoting: leafs101
    forgot to mention they would add picks and prospects... just didn't know how much to add. Could be as much as their high first this year

Fair enough. I would say this package makes more sense

Werenski
    Domi
    Bjorkstrand
    2022 1st overall pick
    2021 2nd overall pick
    aedoran liked this.
    May 24, 2021 at 10:23 a.m.
    arky
    Wings do not want Koskinen. Can sign Bernier cheaper and is better goalie
    aedoran liked this.
    May 24, 2021 at 10:33 a.m.
    Lenny7
    Fair enough. I would say this package makes more sense

Werenski
    Domi
    Bjorkstrand
    2022 1st overall pick
    2021 2nd overall pick

Not saying that wouldn't be the cost, but by moving Bjorkstrand and Werenski, that 2022 1st very likely ends up as a top 5 pick. That's wayyyyy too dangerous of a move to make for 1 star player.

If I'm Columbus, I'm focusing more on extending Jones/Werenski, and adding around them as opposed to trading the core for 1 player.
    May 24, 2021 at 11:09 a.m.
    Sens Sicko from '06
    Quoting: Lenny7
    Not saying that wouldn't be the cost, but by moving Bjorkstrand and Werenski, that 2022 1st very likely ends up as a top 5 pick. That's wayyyyy too dangerous of a move to make for 1 star player.

If I'm Columbus, I'm focusing more on extending Jones/Werenski, and adding around them as opposed to trading the core for 1 player.

Oh I agree. It was my indirect way of saying that Draisaitl isn't a realistic target. I absolutely think this would be the asking price (btw if they had Leon it might not be a top 5 pick) - he's a top 5 player in the world.

I do think they should extend Werenski but I would try and put the onus on extending Jones somewhere else through a trade. He's been an issue and I guarantee you his camp's idea and Jarmo's idea of what he's worth are far apart. Some people on ACGMs give him around $9 mil... I would say right now he's not worth over $7 mil max
    aedoran liked this.
    May 24, 2021 at 11:12 a.m.
    Quoting: mikearky
    Wings do not want Koskinen. Can sign Bernier cheaper and is better goalie

I agree Detroit had 2 goalies with a better GAA and SV%.

Bernier during his exit interview.
    Red Wings goaltender Jonathan Bernier isn’t being coy about what he wants this offseason as he enters unrestricted free agency.
    “My family and I, we really like it here,” Bernier said Thursday. “I feel comfortable at the rink and on the ice. So for me, it’d be my No. 1 choice. But that all depends on where Steve (Yzerman) wants to head next, if he wants to keep me or he wants to try somebody else. But I’d definitely like to stay here.”
    Lenny7 liked this.
    May 24, 2021 at 11:39 a.m.
    Lenny7
    Oh I agree. It was my indirect way of saying that Draisaitl isn't a realistic target. I absolutely think this would be the asking price (btw if they had Leon it might not be a top 5 pick) - he's a top 5 player in the world.

I do think they should extend Werenski but I would try and put the onus on extending Jones somewhere else through a trade. He's been an issue and I guarantee you his camp's idea and Jarmo's idea of what he's worth are far apart. Some people on ACGMs give him around $9 mil... I would say right now he's not worth over $7 mil max

Gotcha. I don't know if Leon does push them up that high though. You lose Werenski, and all of the sudden that's a huge hole on the back end that's almost impossible to fill internally.

Jones-wise, I just don't know if you can get the return on him through a trade that you need to for it to make sense. He obviously had a rough year (Not too many BJ's had a decent year...), and I think I'd be more interested in seeing what he can do under another coach. Tort's style obviously never promoted offensive creativity. I think we'll see someone brought in who can get guys like him, Laine, etc. going before we'll actually see any of them traded.

Cheers!
    ChrisPy97 liked this.
    May 24, 2021 at 11:41 a.m.
    Lenny7
    Quoting: aedoran
    I agree Detroit had 2 goalies with a better GAA and SV%.

Bernier during his exit interview.
    Red Wings goaltender Jonathan Bernier isn’t being coy about what he wants this offseason as he enters unrestricted free agency.
    “My family and I, we really like it here,” Bernier said Thursday. “I feel comfortable at the rink and on the ice. So for me, it’d be my No. 1 choice. But that all depends on where Steve (Yzerman) wants to head next, if he wants to keep me or he wants to try somebody else. But I’d definitely like to stay here.”

As much as I feel like picking a goalie early in the draft is never the safest route, I feel better about it when I look at the Wings with a potential Wallstead pick. Re-sign Bernier for a year or two to bridge the gap, then see how it all shakes out. Any other year, where there's less question marks about 1st rounders I'd be against it, but I do feel like that'd be a smart way for the Wings to navigate the next couple of seasons. Pick top 10 (top 5?) again next year, and then take the next step.
    aedoran liked this.
    May 24, 2021 at 12:31 p.m.
    As much as I feel like picking a goalie early in the draft is never the safest route, I feel better about it when I look at the Wings with a potential Wallstead pick. Re-sign Bernier for a year or two to bridge the gap, then see how it all shakes out. Any other year, where there's less question marks about 1st rounders I'd be against it, but I do feel like that'd be a smart way for the Wings to navigate the next couple of seasons. Pick top 10 (top 5?) again next year, and then take the next step.

Depends on where Detroit picks because Washington getting knocked out in the 1st makes it very possible for Detroit to draft Cossa with Washington's 1st.
    Lenny7 liked this.
    May 24, 2021 at 12:34 p.m.
    Lenny7
    Depends on where Detroit picks because Washington getting knocked out in the 1st makes it very possible for Detroit to draft Cossa with Washington's 1st.

True enough. I'd be far more sold on drafting a guy like Wallstead, who's already playing pro and putting up good numbers than I would be drafting a CHL guy in the 1st though. Something about putting up outstanding numbers in the CHL gives me a lot of pause.
    aedoran liked this.
    May 24, 2021 at 1:18 p.m.
    True enough. I'd be far more sold on drafting a guy like Wallstead, who's already playing pro and putting up good numbers than I would be drafting a CHL guy in the 1st though. Something about putting up outstanding numbers in the CHL gives me a lot of pause.

I just don't see it happening Detroit needs a LHD or 2 and a center or 2. There several good defenseman at the start of the draft and I think they take one with their 1st pick of the draft. Now Beniers is the best center in the draft but the only way I see Detroit taking him is if they get the 2nd pick and Powers is gone. The best description of Beniers I've heard is Jack of all trades master of none. I have no doubt he will be a very good center but he won't put up big numbers he a solid well rounded player a lot like Veleno and since Detroit already has Veleno I think they pass Beniers. So the defensemen available in the top 10 are Powers, Edvinsson, Hughes, Johnson and Clarke. I don't think Detroit needs an RHD, But I was recently told that Detroit might slide Hronek to the left side because of his one timer. For now thats just a rumor but is why Clarke could become a target for Detroit. That's 5 dmen and I think Beniers is probably the 2nd player taken in the draft. So that leaves one of those dmen available for Detroit at #6. But I think Eklund and Guenther go before all 5 of those dmen are off the board so even at #7 or #8 Detroit can still get one of those dmen.
    Lenny7 liked this.
    May 24, 2021 at 1:24 p.m.
    Lenny7
    I just don't see it happening Detroit needs a LHD or 2 and a center or 2. There several good defenseman at the start of the draft and I think they take one with their 1st pick of the draft. Now Beniers is the best center in the draft but the only way I see Detroit taking him is if they get the 2nd pick and Powers is gone. The best description of Beniers I've heard is Jack of all trades master of none. I have no doubt he will be a very good center but he won't put up big numbers he a solid well rounded player a lot like Veleno and since Detroit already has Veleno I think they pass Beniers. So the defensemen available in the top 10 are Powers, Edvinsson, Hughes, Johnson and Clarke. I don't think Detroit needs an RHD, But I was recently told that Detroit might slide Hronek to the left side because of his one timer. For now thats just a rumor but is why Clarke could become a target for Detroit. That's 5 dmen and I think Beniers is probably the 2nd player taken in the draft. So that leaves one of those dmen available for Detroit at #6. But I think Eklund and Guenther go before all 5 of those dmen are off the board so even at #7 or #8 Detroit can still get one of those dmen.

For sure. I agree with all of those things. I just assume that the Wings will be equally $hitty in 2021, and will have a high pick or two again next year to continue filling those holes.

I'm not against not picking a goaltender at all, tbh...I'm just more sold on it now than I've been in the past.
    May 24, 2021 at 1:42 p.m.
    For sure. I agree with all of those things. I just assume that the Wings will be equally $hitty in 2021, and will have a high pick or two again next year to continue filling those holes.

I'm not against not picking a goaltender at all, tbh...I'm just more sold on it now than I've been in the past.

Detroit will be bad again but I wouldn't say $hitty when they did finish above 3 spots ahead the Ducks.
    May 24, 2021 at 2:27 p.m.

1st round goalies are 1st round goalies and neither of the goalies are anywhere near Vasilevskiy or even Askarov. There is no timeline for goalies no valid peak or retirement age for goalies like there are for skaters its a crap shoot. Look at Hart he was the man a season ago but a 36yr old goalie played more games this season. Goalies are just to unpredictable you have a chance to get a 1st pair dman you take it. When the Wings won their first cup in 41yrs the last piece added was a goalie Vernon. Take a look at some of the goalies Detroit has drafted recently Eliasson, Brattstrom and Larsson all Swedish maybe another Swedish goalie isn't the right move.
    Lenny7 liked this.
    May 24, 2021 at 2:31 p.m.
    Lenny7
    1st round goalies are 1st round goalies and neither of the goalies are anywhere near Vasilevskiy or even Askarov. There is no timeline for goalies no valid peak or retirement age for goalies like there are for skaters its a crap shoot. Look at Hart he was the man a season ago but a 36yr old goalie played more games this season. Goalies are just to unpredictable you have a chance to get a 1st pair dman you take it. When the Wings won their first cup in 41yrs the last piece added was a goalie Vernon. Take a look at some of the goalies Detroit has drafted recently Eliasson, Brattstrom and Larsson all Swedish maybe another Swedish goalie isn't the right move.

For sure. I'm just not super sold on anyone in this draft I guess. As a Ducks fan, I'm hoping for Guenther or Eklund, but again, it's going to be such a friggin' crapshoot of a draft. I was actually surprised that the Wings didn't take a swing at trying to get the second 1st rounder last year that would have netted them the Askarov pick from Nashville.
    aedoran liked this.
    May 24, 2021 at 4:02 p.m.
    For sure. I'm just not super sold on anyone in this draft I guess. As a Ducks fan, I'm hoping for Guenther or Eklund, but again, it's going to be such a friggin' crapshoot of a draft. I was actually surprised that the Wings didn't take a swing at trying to get the second 1st rounder last year that would have netted them the Askarov pick from Nashville.

Nashville picked 11th and it probably taken Detroit's first 2 picks in the 2nd round last year and this years 1st. I do agree this is the most wide open draft in a long time. Plus at the draft last year we still thought Petruzzelli would sign and August 15th is quickly approaching.
    Lenny7 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll