Forums/Armchair-GM

All The Deals

Created by: Driedger18
Team: 2016-17 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 20, 2017
Published: Jan. 20, 2017
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Cant wait to hear all the comments........
Trades
TOR
  1. 2017 2nd round pick (WSH)
TOR
  1. 2017 3rd round pick (COL)
TOR
  1. McCann, Jared
  2. 2019 7th round pick (FLA)
TOR
  1. 2017 5th round pick (NSH)
TOR
  1. Pokka, Ville
  2. 2017 5th round pick (CAR)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the COL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the FLA
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$73,000,000$55,294,500$512,000$6,852,500$17,705,500

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
C
UFA - 3
$686,667$686,667 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,950,000$2,950,000
RW, LW, C
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C
UFA - 6
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
UFA - 2
$653,333$653,333 (Performance Bonus$207,500$208K)
LW
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
UFA - 3
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
C, LW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
C
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
RW
UFA - 3
$625,000$625,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 5
$4,050,000$4,050,000
LD
UFA - 3
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LD
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 20, 2017 at 11:15 p.m.
GM - Canucks
Trolls, they are everywhere now-adays. Ill branch this entire seperate comments/ per trade to make this a bit more clear.

JVR to Ottawa: Reasonably fair value; however, I doubt Toronto wants to trade JVR to a divisional rival. Also the chances are that its a late first round pick 16-24. So really getting JVR for Chabot, with a late 1st. In a weak draft. As a Leaf, I hope they just re-sign JVR and don't sweat it.

Polak to Montreal: Yep, sounds good. Realistically might get a 3rd, but Montreal or other highly competitive teams may spend a 2nd.

Corrado to New Jersey: Doubtful, Corrado has played only 2 going on 3 games tomorrow this season, max I could see him getting you is a 5th maybe a 4th.

Soshnikov and Leivo to Tampa Bay: A 2nd line/3rd player in Soshnikov and a scoring 4th liner, who struggles to make the lineup on an average night; gets you a 1st round pick, Dennis Yan (a decent prospect, not amazing, but decent) and Filppula. I understand the Filppula part is sort of a capdump for a year or two, but even then. I find this hard to find realistic. Additionally, Babcock loves Soshnikov so I found it even more hard to see.

Bozak and Loov to Calgary: Bozak an overpaid centre that is a beast in the faceoff department and a 5/6/7 potential defenseman in Loov. For Dennis F**King Wideman and Oliver Kylington. Extemely doubtful, for the Leafs. Wideman and Bozak are pretty comparable in the fact they are overpaid, and the contract is almost up. This practically is a swap of bad contracts. But the prospects exchanged is quite strange. Kylington is a top 4 defenseman in the making putting up great numbers in the AHL; where Loov puts up average at best. I think this trade is a little far-fetched.

Martin to Florida: Matt Martin for a 7th rounder sounds great! and Jared McCann even better. McCann is a prospect who could become a solid 2nd/3rd liner. Putting up okay numbers in the AHL. I think it would costs the Leafs a bit more than Matt Martin to acquire. Leafs need to send a pick/prospect Florida's way to make this deal work. It isnt that far off. Also Martin is a real team leader on the Leafs, all the young rookies love him. Why would the Leafs change the locker room chemistry for another project prospect.

Smith to Nashville: Sounds good! Might even be able to get a 3rd round or a 4th for him. But yeah, I can definitely see him being moved for a pick, specially since Freddy Gauthier has been playing splendidly on the fourth line.

Hunwick to Chicago: Hunwick a veteran defenseman who is only good enough for 15minutes of ice a night and can play penalty kills, for a young defenseman in Pokka. Even though Pokka has taken a stride back in his development, I still think Chicago says no. Hunwick alone may fetch a 5th round pick.
Jan. 20, 2017 at 11:34 p.m.
Quoting: TMLSage
Trolls, they are everywhere now-adays. Ill branch this entire seperate comments/ per trade to make this a bit more clear.

JVR to Ottawa: Reasonably fair value; however, I doubt Toronto wants to trade JVR to a divisional rival. Also the chances are that its a late first round pick 16-24. So really getting JVR for Chabot, with a late 1st. In a weak draft. As a Leaf, I hope they just re-sign JVR and don't sweat it.

Polak to Montreal: Yep, sounds good. Realistically might get a 3rd, but Montreal or other highly competitive teams may spend a 2nd.

Corrado to New Jersey: Doubtful, Corrado has played only 2 going on 3 games tomorrow this season, max I could see him getting you is a 5th maybe a 4th.

Soshnikov and Leivo to Tampa Bay: A 2nd line/3rd player in Soshnikov and a scoring 4th liner, who struggles to make the lineup on an average night; gets you a 1st round pick, Dennis Yan (a decent prospect, not amazing, but decent) and Filppula. I understand the Filppula part is sort of a capdump for a year or two, but even then. I find this hard to find realistic. Additionally, Babcock loves Soshnikov so I found it even more hard to see.

Bozak and Loov to Calgary: Bozak an overpaid centre that is a beast in the faceoff department and a 5/6/7 potential defenseman in Loov. For Dennis F**King Wideman and Oliver Kylington. Extemely doubtful, for the Leafs. Wideman and Bozak are pretty comparable in the fact they are overpaid, and the contract is almost up. This practically is a swap of bad contracts. But the prospects exchanged is quite strange. Kylington is a top 4 defenseman in the making putting up great numbers in the AHL; where Loov puts up average at best. I think this trade is a little far-fetched.

Martin to Florida: Matt Martin for a 7th rounder sounds great! and Jared McCann even better. McCann is a prospect who could become a solid 2nd/3rd liner. Putting up okay numbers in the AHL. I think it would costs the Leafs a bit more than Matt Martin to acquire. Leafs need to send a pick/prospect Florida's way to make this deal work. It isnt that far off. Also Martin is a real team leader on the Leafs, all the young rookies love him. Why would the Leafs change the locker room chemistry for another project prospect.

Smith to Nashville: Sounds good! Might even be able to get a 3rd round or a 4th for him. But yeah, I can definitely see him being moved for a pick, specially since Freddy Gauthier has been playing splendidly on the fourth line.

Hunwick to Chicago: Hunwick a veteran defenseman who is only good enough for 15minutes of ice a night and can play penalty kills, for a young defenseman in Pokka. Even though Pokka has taken a stride back in his development, I still think Chicago says no. Hunwick alone may fetch a 5th round pick.

thanks for the comment. Yes some of the picks maybe were a bit high but just put them out there as a general idea. Just to speak so some of the deals you thought were a it far fetched:

If the Corrado deal were for a 5th, 6th or 7th would that better? Leafs sure dont seem to want to play him and New Jersey isnt going anywhere so why not get younger players to see who you like?

The Calgary deal may be a bit of a stretch but hear me out. Bozak is a 2nd or 3rd line C they need according to a TSN article listing each teams needs efore the dealine. We take on the WIdeman deal thats more money and maybe give him a deal after the season to stay around as a right shot d man while the kids get more time in the AHL. IF we added a 3rd or somwthing would that makw the swap of prospects work better?

Tampa is going to need space to resign their better players this offseason so dumping FIlppula and his NMC/MTC helps them protect better players in the expansion draft and clear cap space. Its a steep price to pay and again maybe the leafs send a pick back to help but Tampa is going for it so the 1st shouldnt be high which is fine. Thier are decent players i think the leafs should take later in the draft(Cody Glass. Callan Foote)

And the JVR deal i think is good for these reasons: He has the value to get all that because chabot could be a very dynamic top pair d man, the first could snag someone like Nick Hague or Kristian Vesalainen and chlapik looked like a real jem in the WJC. Sure he goes to a division rival but hes going to want to much money when he needs a new deal and we have to think about Marner and Matthews and others in the years after needing deals.

Just my thoughts, feel free to comment back. I dont take anything personally, i think good debate is fun.

Also wasnt trying to troll at all
Jan. 20, 2017 at 11:45 p.m.
GM - Canucks
In response;

Corrado for a 5th/6th round is probably all you can get.

Problem with the Calgary deal is the fact that Loov which is a 5/6/7th D-man being swapped for Kylington which is a 3/4 guy. Maybe a 2nd would make the trade a bit more even; but in saying that a 2nd round pick in Hunters hands is arguably more deadly.

I just can't really see the Tampa Bay deal working... Specially since they probably will not even make the play offs this year. Maybe if the Leafs tossed in their 1st round or a 2nd.

JVR deal as I stated is fairly realistic. I am just a huge fan of JVR and would hate to see him in an Ottawa jersey.

Its always good fun when I see something like this to have a good discussion.
Please do not take anything I say to heart, as I am just trying to make a good debate.
Jan. 21, 2017 at 9:53 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I see this quite differently in making all these drafts. If the Leafs are in contention for a playoff run, I can't see them trading away important members of their teams....for some futures. And some of these trades do not get the Leafs NHL futures IMO.
Chabot for. JVR. I don't think Ottawa does the deal. Though it is the classic....one good immediate help for good potential future NHLer
Polak for a 60th pick. Don't think the Leafs do it, maybe if they're out of the playoff run, but they are real weak at RHD, and a 60th pick isn't really that great is getting an NHL player.
Doubt if Fillupa would waive his NMC to a stripped down Leaf team.
Don't know why folks want to get rid of Martiin, he's serves a purpose for the Leafs. And McCann has doubts as an NHLer, and certainly doubtful as a difference maker.
I guess the advantage of trading Hunwick for Pokka, is that the Leafs might actually might play him in the NHL. In his 2.5m years in the AHL, the Hawks have been "fearful" to have him their NHL roster even for one game, even though they have played four "no name" Dmen ahead of him in the NHL.
By making these trades, 6 regulars from the Leafs are traded. And it takes a lot of time to get that many players to mesh into a good team. So this season would be lost. Is that the message you want to sent your remaining players on the team?
Jan. 21, 2017 at 2:25 p.m.
Quoting: TMLSage
In response;

Corrado for a 5th/6th round is probably all you can get.

Problem with the Calgary deal is the fact that Loov which is a 5/6/7th D-man being swapped for Kylington which is a 3/4 guy. Maybe a 2nd would make the trade a bit more even; but in saying that a 2nd round pick in Hunters hands is arguably more deadly.

I just can't really see the Tampa Bay deal working... Specially since they probably will not even make the play offs this year. Maybe if the Leafs tossed in their 1st round or a 2nd.

JVR deal as I stated is fairly realistic. I am just a huge fan of JVR and would hate to see him in an Ottawa jersey.

Its always good fun when I see something like this to have a good discussion.
Please do not take anything I say to heart, as I am just trying to make a good debate.

hey man now worries at all. I just wanted to clarify that i wasnt trolling at all. Bugs me when people just post garbage and say its legit when they just want to get reactions out of others. I thought these could work but i do see some error to them now.

Totally agree with your first two points about Corrado and the Calgary deal. Wouldnt want to add a pick so maybe another d prospect or forward(Valiev, Moore or Froese)

The Tampa deal might be a bit ambitous and i wouldnt want to send back picks to them so maybe thats just a no go for sure.

ANd i to am a fan of JVR and would hurt to see him in Ottawa but i just dont think the money he will want will work long term for us when we have other kids to pay. If we could get this same sort of return from someone else would you do it then if its not Ottawa?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll