Team: 2021-22 Seattle Kraken
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 11, 2021
Published: Jun. 11, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
JVR and Pavelski are your Neal and Perron haha

Your out of the woods line (karlsson smith marchessault):
Del Colle / Kerfoot / Appleton
could be merkley(if available) at center but i think kerfoot being near home may be a jump start for him. the guy has shown in his first two years he can be a surprise. who knows, straight guessing and acting like seattle needs to pull off something like vegas or they are hooped. If they can create a line with young guys like vegas that makes the top 9 much much better. They will not get 70 points but 50-60 seems reasonable for the best case scenario. Zucker could replace Del Colle but i believe he can be the man as much as Kerfoot. Appleton had gross numbers in the AHL. So no reason not to blow up. If these guys can click i think you have yourself the new magic line.

Brent Burns i guess is the Fleury on this team? Ugly taking on that contract but, what a guy to have on this team! Maybe you can get San Jose to retain a mill or two.

Im basically leaving all these UFA's out of the story, no protected and ending up with no room this year to get any other than grabbing Danault.
In this Seattle ends up drafting and signing Danault, once free agency starts and he sees the offers that are around $4M-$5M. Im thinking no one will pay him $5M as he can't seem to get points but i dont think Seattle is too worried about points. They need to make sure they can defend before they can think about scoring more. So offering a little extra for a 1 dimensional player is something they can risk. Danault gets his pay day and a chance to see what he can do when a team needs points from him again. The Seattle experience may help him become even better and find himself on a cup team in a couple years or so. Danault would be a patch until Seattle has a top 6 center to play. I say give Gourde all the offensive opportunity as you can as he looked great this year and he has a high motor that could be a spark. He may be able to become a step better than he showed this year. If not at least Danault is around to hold down the fort. Once again they will rely on a random young line to become at least a third but hopefully 2nd line. Always nice to be Vegas lucky and get a 1st line. But as you see now, they are a second line. The best second line, but still.

Right up against the cap here but i can't help myself but use it up.
Wasted cap Y1- $8.775M in Neal, Domi and Koskinen
Wasted cap Y2- $3,416,667M in Neal Buyout ($1,916,667M 2Yrs) Koskinen $1.5M

That create $30M in cap space in year to sign the following:
Pavelski, Erne, Appleton, Gauthier, Kostin
Gio, Zadorov, Samorukov
Kahkonen, Vanecek, Husso

So all in all this team should push for the playoffs, young goalies can make a guy worry but with 3 of them im sure someone will be ready to go. Based off the defensive core, the ability defensively of the forwards, and the solid goalie tandem. They should be quite difficult to score against. With this being a new team and everyone being that guy wearing the first sweaters of the organization. Its a boost and i dont see any of these guys having much of an off year. Adrenaline and a magic line will take this team to the playoffs as long as they can keep it going. But Kraken success depends on directional moves of the West teams and how successful the off-season is which ever direction they go. Kings, Flames, Canucks, Predators, Coyotes, Stars, Blues, Wild. Half of these teams have to re-tool or re-build for Kraken to have a chance.To me; All Gas No Brakes- Kings, Stars, Wild, Blues... Unsure which way- Flames, Predators.. Keep tinkering- Coyotes, Canucks

These are so tough but so fun to put together. Went all out on this one lol... I can't wait to see the expansion draft go absolutely nothing like this. It just so complex, so many choices to be made for everyone one involved.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$2,250,000
2$800,000
1$1,425,000
2$925,000
1$880,000
2$800,000
2$925,000
1$2,875,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
4$5,525,000
Trades
SEA
  1. Fleury, Haydn
Additional Details:
Guhle not enough games
ANA
    henrique slifverberg rakell terry lundstrom steel jones
    fowler linholm manson, gibson
    SEA
    1. Lyubushkin, Ilya
    Additional Details:
    all d are ufa's, all fwds worth taking do not have enough gp
    ARI
      Keller kessel schmaltz crouse fischer garlund
      OEL chychrun saarijarvi, keupmer
      SEA
      1. Frederic, Trent [RFA Rights]
      Additional Details:
      rask ufa, i like smith, wagner, kuraly ufa, Kase, zorbil. But i would think 'kase would be exempt as he has played like 6 games in the last two years. lots of questions, he was my original selection but reading deeper, health is not looking good.
      BOS
        bergeron pasta marchand coyle
        mcavoy grzelcyk carlo lauzon, vladar
        went 4 & 4 because of lauzon. id rather have him them a bunch of random forwards that can be replaced by prospects that are in the system.
        SEA
        1. Miller, Colin
        Additional Details:
        Miller? When you were with Vegas, did you ever say, "god i wish i could do this again?"
        BUF
          Eichel Skinner rienhart bjork thompson mittlstadt
          ristolanien dahlin jokiharju ullmark(signs ext)
          CGY
            tkachuk gaudreau monahan backlund lindholm mangiapane dube\
            Hanifin andersson tanev markstrom
            SEA
            1. Bean, Jake [RFA Rights]
            CAR
              aho staal teravainen niederreiter trocheck foegele svechnikov
              slavin skjei pesce nedeljkovic
              SEA
              1. Zadorov, Nikita [RFA Rights]
              CHI
                Toews kane debrincat strom carpenter hagel nylander
                keith dehaan murphy lankinen
                COL
                  mackinnon rantanen burakovsky kadri compher nichuskin jost
                  makar girard toews grubauer
                  CBJ
                    atkinson nyquist liane jenner bjorkstrand roslovic robinson
                    jones werenski gavrikov korpisalo
                    DAL
                      Seguin Benn Radulov Faska Hintz Gurianov Dickinson
                      Klingberg Lindell Heiskanen Bishop
                      SEA
                      1. Erne, Adam [RFA Rights]
                      Additional Details:
                      Cholo technically needs another 2 games, lindstrom 14. Namestnikov and Erne are the big names i see. Going with Detroit's best player last half of the year in Erne.
                      DET
                        Larkin Bertuzzi Vrana Fabbri Rasmussen Svechnikov Smith
                        Dekeyser stecher hronek bernier (signs ext)
                        SEA
                        1. Kassian, Zack
                        Additional Details:
                        4x4. |NUGE UFA. Nobody truly worth protecting other than super awesome guy to have around in Kassian. Losing the cap is great for edm and having him in the locker room in seattle i think could be huge. young guys i would pick haven't played enough games. not a big kharia fan, was thinking achry as well. sometimes ya gotta pick someone with a contract.
                        EDM
                          McDavid Draisaitl Puljujarvi Yamamoto
                          Nurse Kelfbom Larsson Bear Koskinen
                          SEA
                          1. Lammikko, Juho [RFA Rights]
                          Additional Details:
                          driedger, montour, wennberg UFA's. Going with a young guy i like, nutivaara 2nd selection
                          FLA
                            Huberdeau barkov hornqvist bennet vatrano duclair verhaege
                            ekblad weeger (stralman or nutivaara) bobrovsky
                            i dont think seattle would take stralman anyway.
                            LAK
                              Kopitar brown iafallo kempe athanasiou andersson grundstrom
                              Doughty walker clauge, petersen
                              MIN
                                Zuccarello fiala greenway eriksson Ek
                                Spurgeon Suter dumba brondin Talbot
                                SEA
                                  Selection: Phillip Danault

Seattle attempting to sign him before Free Agency. Worth a shot, But going with Chariot or Kulak is right up my alie. The defense i end up with here i dont needed these d men, same with allen.
                                  MTL
                                    Anderson Drouin Tatar Toffoli Gallagher kotkaniemi lehkonen
                                    Weber Petry Edmunson Price
                                    SEA
                                    1. Trenin, Yakov
                                    Additional Details:
                                    This is a tough one. Im going with trenin or Jarnkrok, do not want those $8M contracts, kinda want the players. Nashville will not play the game of make me take them.
                                    NSH
                                      Forsberg Arvidsson Kunin Jarnkrok
                                      Josi Ellis Ekholm Fabbro Saros
                                      SEA
                                      1. Merkley, Nick [RFA Rights]
                                      NJD
                                        Hischier jihnsson bratt wood zacha sharangovich bastain
                                        Severson Butcher Murray (signs ect) blackwood
                                        SEA
                                        1. Dal Colle, Michael [RFA Rights]
                                        NYI
                                          Lee Barzal Nelson Eberle Pageau bailer beauvillier
                                          Leddy Pulock pelech Varlomov
                                          SEA
                                          1. Gauthier, Julien [RFA Rights]
                                          NYR
                                            PAnarin Krieder zibanejad strome buchnevich chytil howden
                                            trouba lindgren hajek georgiev
                                            SEA
                                            1. Murray, Matt
                                            Additional Details:
                                            he was brought in so Seattle would stay away from the other goalies and hopefully not take any FWDS or D. which turns out that there aint much there other than Murray. Losing him is not a big loss as they have years and Goalie prospects.
                                            OTT
                                              Dadonov white brown tierney paul tkachuk batherson
                                              Chabot zaitsev mete GG Gustavsson
                                              SEA
                                              1. van Riemsdyk, James
                                              Additional Details:
                                              only a couple years left and was amazing last year. Under the table deal here to hook them up with a Right handed d man once the dust settles.
                                              PHI
                                                Giroux hayes konecny coutier limblom laughton patrick
                                                Provorov sanheim myers hart
                                                PIT
                                                  Crosby Malkin Guenztel rust kapanen macann carter
                                                  Letang Dumoulin matheson jarry
                                                  SEA
                                                  1. Burns, Brent
                                                  2. Dahlén, Jonathan [Reserve List]
                                                  3. 2023 1st round pick (SJS)
                                                  SJS
                                                    Cotoure Kane Meier hertl labanc balcers gambrell
                                                    karlsson Pickles Simek Jones
                                                    SEA
                                                    1. Husso, Ville
                                                    2. Kostin, Klim
                                                    3. 2022 2nd round pick (STL)
                                                    Additional Details:
                                                    lots of value players to pick, but hey, take this guy. Husso the pick, kostin and a 2rd for compensation.
                                                    STL
                                                      O, O, O, O'Reilly Tarasensko Schenn Blais Sundqvist Thomas Kyrou
                                                      Faulkk Krug Parayko Binnington
                                                      Bye Bye shwartz
                                                      SEA
                                                      1. Cernak, Erik
                                                      Additional Details:
                                                      tampa is going to have to pay up to get themselves out of cap trouble so no point wasting anything here. Can always make a deal later with seattle or whomever.
                                                      Coleman goodrow ufa's so F it, and no need to select TJ, tampa can pay you for :)...
                                                      TBL
                                                        Kuch stammer point palat gourde cilelli killorn
                                                        Hedman Sergachev Foote Vasy
                                                        TOR
                                                          MAtthews tavares marner nylander
                                                          Rielly muzzin brodie holl andersen
                                                          SEA
                                                          1. Bowey, Madison
                                                          2. Eriksson, Loui
                                                          3. Woo, Jett
                                                          Additional Details:
                                                          Costing Woo to shed Louis. Bowey the pick. Under the table deal giving the nucks a left over d man after expansion
                                                          VAN
                                                            Boeser horvat miller pettersson pearson motte macewan
                                                            Myers schmidt hamonic demko
                                                            Juolevi not enough games apparently so should be exempt?
                                                            WSH
                                                              Ove Kuzy Backstrom Oshie Mantha Wilson Eller
                                                              Carlson Orlov Dillion Samsonov
                                                              SEA
                                                              1. Appleton, Mason
                                                              Additional Details:
                                                              stanley showed hes worth protecting over an aging yet solid demelo. Seattle sticks with appleton even though demelo seems enticing
                                                              WPG
                                                                Wheeler connor scheifele ehlers dubois lowry copp
                                                                Morrissey Point Stanley Demelo Hellebuyck
                                                                SEA
                                                                1. 2022 7th round pick (STL)
                                                                PHI
                                                                1. Miller, Colin
                                                                Additional Details:
                                                                probably tough to leave JVR which is why they get a free d man for doing so.
                                                                SEA
                                                                1. 2021 5th round pick (CHI)
                                                                Additional Details:
                                                                Eriksson (-3), Woo (+4), 5th pick (+1)
                                                                for
                                                                Fleury (+2.5)
                                                                VAN
                                                                1. Fleury, Haydn
                                                                Additional Details:
                                                                giving up Woo is quite a bit to take on Eriksson. Fleury is a bit much in return in my eyes. seattle doesn't want to give up picks. tough to configure the value here, im a believer in fleury so i give him some juice
                                                                SEA
                                                                1. Koskinen, Mikko
                                                                2. Neal, James
                                                                3. Samorukov, Dmitri
                                                                4. 2022 2nd round pick (EDM)
                                                                Additional Details:
                                                                Seattle Saving a couple mill in cap and getting futures for having neal next year. Giving away Murray a tough pill. a varlomov deal is is simpler but does not include neal. a 1st and a prospect from what i believe is the price on neal so, this aint the worst for edm.
                                                                EDM
                                                                1. Eriksson, Loui
                                                                2. Murray, Matt
                                                                Additional Details:
                                                                Alot of things would need to fall into place for EDM to go about this. i say throw louis in the minors. This gives cap flexibility next year, NOT this year lol
                                                                LAK
                                                                1. Domi, Max ($2,650,000 retained)
                                                                2. 2022 7th round pick (SEA)
                                                                SEA
                                                                1. Gourde, Yanni
                                                                2. 2023 3rd round pick (TBL)
                                                                TBL
                                                                1. Lyubushkin, Ilya
                                                                Additional Details:
                                                                Everybody will force them to pay to get under the cap. Seattle will be the one that will take a deal that helps tampa a bit. Gourde playing so well makes it a bit easier for tampa to shed the contract that has no end.
                                                                Buyouts
                                                                Retained Salary Transactions
                                                                Buried
                                                                DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
                                                                Logo of the SEA
                                                                Logo of the SEA
                                                                Logo of the SEA
                                                                Logo of the SEA
                                                                Logo of the SEA
                                                                Logo of the CHI
                                                                Logo of the SEA
                                                                Logo of the SEA
                                                                Logo of the SEA
                                                                Logo of the SEA
                                                                Logo of the STL
                                                                Logo of the EDM
                                                                Logo of the SEA
                                                                Logo of the SEA
                                                                Logo of the SEA
                                                                Logo of the SEA
                                                                Logo of the STL
                                                                Logo of the SEA
                                                                Logo of the SJS
                                                                Logo of the SEA
                                                                Logo of the SEA
                                                                Logo of the TBL
                                                                Logo of the SEA
                                                                Logo of the SEA
                                                                Logo of the SEA
                                                                Logo of the SEA
                                                                ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
                                                                23$81,500,000$74,563,333$0$0$6,936,667
                                                                Left WingCentreRight Wing
                                                                Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
                                                                $7,000,000$7,000,000
                                                                LW, RW
                                                                UFA - 2
                                                                Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
                                                                $5,166,666$5,166,666
                                                                C, LW, RW
                                                                NTC
                                                                UFA - 4
                                                                Logo of the Dallas Stars
                                                                $7,000,000$7,000,000
                                                                RW
                                                                M-NTC
                                                                UFA - 1
                                                                $800,000$800,000
                                                                LW
                                                                UFA - 1
                                                                Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
                                                                $3,500,000$3,500,000
                                                                LW, C, RW
                                                                UFA - 2
                                                                Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
                                                                $900,000$900,000
                                                                RW
                                                                UFA - 1
                                                                Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
                                                                $5,500,000$5,500,000
                                                                LW, RW
                                                                M-NTC
                                                                UFA - 2
                                                                $5,525,000$5,525,000
                                                                C
                                                                UFA - 6
                                                                Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
                                                                $1,133,333$1,133,333
                                                                RW, LW
                                                                UFA - 2
                                                                $1,425,000$1,425,000
                                                                LW, RW
                                                                UFA - 2
                                                                $925,000$925,000
                                                                RW, C
                                                                UFA - 1
                                                                Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
                                                                $3,200,000$3,200,000
                                                                RW
                                                                UFA - 3
                                                                Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
                                                                $2,250,000$2,250,000
                                                                LD/RD
                                                                RFA - 3
                                                                Logo of the San Jose Sharks
                                                                $5,280,000$5,280,000
                                                                RD
                                                                M-NTC
                                                                UFA - 4
                                                                Logo of the Minnesota Wild
                                                                $725,000$725,000
                                                                G
                                                                UFA - 1
                                                                Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
                                                                $3,166,667$3,166,667
                                                                LD
                                                                UFA - 2
                                                                Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
                                                                $2,950,000$2,950,000
                                                                RD
                                                                UFA - 2
                                                                Logo of the Calgary Flames
                                                                $3,375,000$3,375,000
                                                                LD
                                                                M-NTC
                                                                UFA - 1
                                                                $2,875,000$2,875,000
                                                                LD/RD
                                                                UFA - 1
                                                                Logo of the Washington Capitals
                                                                $716,667$716,667
                                                                G
                                                                UFA - 1
                                                                ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
                                                                $925,000$925,000
                                                                LW, RW
                                                                UFA - 2
                                                                Logo of the Nashville Predators
                                                                $725,000$725,000
                                                                LW, C
                                                                UFA - 1
                                                                Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
                                                                $725,000$725,000
                                                                RD
                                                                UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
                                                                • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
                                                                Jun. 11, 2021 at 8:02 p.m.
                                                                Banned
                                                                Avatar of the user
                                                                Joined: May 2018
                                                                Adam Erne is Steve Yzerman's son. He'll be protected. Steve YzERNEman.
                                                                NoDeke liked this.
                                                                Jun. 11, 2021 at 8:16 p.m.
                                                                Avatar of the user
                                                                Joined: Jul. 2016
                                                                Tampa 4*4 Point Stamkos Cirelli Kucherov Hedman Cernak Foote Sergy. Take your pick from there......
                                                                Joseph?
                                                                NoDeke liked this.
                                                                Jun. 11, 2021 at 8:17 p.m.
                                                                Speak of the Devil
                                                                Avatar of the user
                                                                Joined: Nov. 2017
                                                                I agree with Merkley selection but this would be the Devils protection list
                                                                F: Nico, Bratt, Zacha, Wood, Sharangovich, Kuokkanen, McLeod
                                                                D: Severson, Subban, Siegnthaler
                                                                G: Blackwood
                                                                NoDeke liked this.
                                                                Jun. 11, 2021 at 8:25 p.m.
                                                                Avatar of the user
                                                                Joined: May 2017
                                                                hawks protect zadorov over dehaan
                                                                NoDeke and IconicHawk liked this.
                                                                Jun. 11, 2021 at 8:25 p.m.
                                                                WingusAmingus
                                                                Avatar of the user
                                                                Joined: Jan. 2020
                                                                Quoting: Letter_Kenny
                                                                Adam Erne is Steve Yzerman's son. He'll be protected. Steve YzERNEman.

Ah yes indeed. Mhm, yes, yes indeed.
                                                                Jun. 11, 2021 at 8:27 p.m.
                                                                WingusAmingus
                                                                Avatar of the user
                                                                Quoting: Devil1122
                                                                I agree with Merkley selection but this would be the Devils protection list
                                                                F: Nico, Bratt, Zacha, Wood, Sharangovich, Kuokkanen, McLeod
                                                                D: Severson, Subban, Siegnthaler
                                                                G: Blackwood

I like that. I hear McLeod is decent but ya don’t know all the inner workings of the devils but good to know.
                                                                Devil liked this.
                                                                Jun. 11, 2021 at 8:29 p.m.
                                                                WingusAmingus
                                                                Avatar of the user
                                                                Quoting: Rangsey
                                                                Tampa 4*4 Point Stamkos Cirelli Kucherov Hedman Cernak Foote Sergy. Take your pick from there......
                                                                Joseph?

I’m not a big Joseph fan. I do like Tampa going with 4 it’s really not a terrible option. I would like to keep that forward group together as much as possible
                                                                Jun. 11, 2021 at 8:43 p.m.
                                                                Avatar of the user
                                                                Joined: May 2021
                                                                leafs dont protect Anderson they protect campbell
                                                                Jun. 11, 2021 at 9:08 p.m.
                                                                WingusAmingus
                                                                Avatar of the user
                                                                Quoting: Zavi902
                                                                leafs dont protect Anderson they protect campbell

Oh **** ya Andy a ufa, good catch, indeed it would be campbell
                                                                Zavi902 liked this.
                                                                Jun. 11, 2021 at 10:08 p.m.
                                                                Avatar of the user
                                                                Joined: Jul. 2016
                                                                Quoting: NoDeke
                                                                I’m not a big Joseph fan. I do like Tampa going with 4 it’s really not a terrible option. I would like to keep that forward group together as much as possible

The forward are easier for them to replace than the D. They've got forward to bring into the lineup. Outside of Foote they done really have that much coming up.

Going 4 and 4 puts them in a position where Seattle either takes salary for a bottom 6 roll player.

From Seattle's standpoint. Yes they're "helping" Tampa's cap and they should try and get as much off them as possible but also any one of Killorn, Palat, Gourde, Goodrow are pretty solid guys to add to an expansion team and they're going to wanna be as competitive as possible (in a pretty weak division) from day one.
                                                                NoDeke liked this.
                                                                Jun. 11, 2021 at 10:15 p.m.
                                                                Bedard23
                                                                Avatar of the user
                                                                Joined: May 2021
                                                                Chicago isn’t protecting De Haan-

To create a post please Login or Register
                                                                Question:
                                                                Options:
                                                                Add Option
                                                                Submit Poll