3. 2021 1st round pick (LAK)
Additional Details:
LA signs a much cheaper backup goalie in UFA
LAK
  1. Pilut, Lawrence [Reserve List]
  2. Reinhart, Sam [RFA Rights]
  3. 2021 2nd round pick (BUF)
Additional Details:
Reinhart signs 8 years at 7 million prior to trade a la trouba signing before he was traded. Pilut leaves KHL for 2 year deal
NJD
  1. Ristolainen, Rasmus
  2. 2021 2nd round pick (BOS)
BUF
  1. Noel, Serron
  2. 2022 1st round pick (FLA)
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the COL
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$81,500,000$56,708,501$113,916$1,700,000$24,791,499
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$1,456,250$1,456,250
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 6
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, C
RFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 2
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LW, C
RFA - 2
$1,975,000$1,975,000
LW, C
RFA - 3
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C
UFA - 2
$2,200,000$2,200,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$925,000$925,000
C, LW
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
C, LW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,250,000$4,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RD
RFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$9,000,000$9,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$2,900,000$2,900,000
G
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 6, 2021 at 8:42 a.m.
Leafs Sufferer
I'm curious about the Eichel deal. No Zegras, Drysdale or Steel? Obviously not going to get all three but I would assume one of them is in a deal for Eichel.

I'm interested to see what LAK fans say about their deal.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 8:45 a.m.
Quoting: Ritzy
I'm curious about the Eichel deal. No Zegras, Drysdale or Steel? Obviously not going to get all three but I would assume one of them is in a deal for Eichel.

What is so special about steel to be included in that company? He's 1 years younger than eichel and has done nothing.
Salzy liked this.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 9:09 a.m.
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
What is so special about steel to be included in that company? He's 1 years younger than eichel and has done nothing.

Yeah Steel is not even close to that conversation, He has not developed as hoped, Though I think this package would be the absolute max the Ducks offer up if you believe the reports from Dreger/Pagnotta (Dont want to beat that dead horse anymore if anyone doesnt believe that lets agree to disagree)

the "Big 3" Pieces for ANA are Zegras, Drysdale and 3OA (which a lot of people on here seem to value as a mid-late first instead of the top prospect that pick will become)

Comtois - 22 years old, led our team in scoring, has the leadership qualities of a future captain
Perreault - Top prospect outside of Zegras and Drysdale (I dont even consider them prospects anymore)
3OA - Whoever gets pick is an instant top prospect on 20+ teams

Henrique has to go back money wise

I personally do this trade as ANA but this is the max I'd be okay offering (Not that my opinion on that matters)
Lenny7 liked this.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 9:15 a.m.
Quoting: Salzy
Yeah Steel is not even close to that conversation, He has not developed as hoped, Though I think this package would be the absolute max the Ducks offer up if you believe the reports from Dreger/Pagnotta (Dont want to beat that dead horse anymore if anyone doesnt believe that lets agree to disagree)

the "Big 3" Pieces for ANA are Zegras, Drysdale and 3OA (which a lot of people on here seem to value as a mid-late first instead of the top prospect that pick will become)

Comtois - 22 years old, led our team in scoring, has the leadership qualities of a future captain
Perreault - Top prospect outside of Zegras and Drysdale (I dont even consider them prospects anymore)

I personally do this trade as ANA but this is the max I'd be okay offering (Not that my opinion on that matters)

If Anaheim was willing to move zegras and the 3rd OA, the trade would be done already

I'm in love with the idea of the 2nd line I created. 3 big, young, heavy, skilled players who all can play multiple positions
Salzy and Smithcd995 liked this.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 9:19 a.m.
If I am Buffalo, I'd ask for...

One of - Zegras, Drysdale
One of - Perreault, Moore
One of - Colaneglo, Thrun
One of - 2021 3rd overall
One of - 2022 or 2023 conditional pick based on Eichel's GP

(overall: two forwards, one d-man, two picks)

And if they don't want to include Zegras or Drysdale....ask for all four of the others.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 9:19 a.m.
Lenny7

Still getting 3OA, which seems to be undervalued in a lot of these trades for some reason.
Salzy liked this.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 9:21 a.m.
If Anaheim was willing to move zegras and the 3rd OA, the trade would be done already

I'm in love with the idea of the 2nd line I created. 3 big, young, heavy, skilled players who all can play multiple positions

Thats been my thinking about the situation I think Drysdale would get it done as well with 3OA.

That would be a great line, I would love to watch them play together.
Lenny7 liked this.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 9:21 a.m.
Lenny7
Quoting: NHLfan10506
If I am Buffalo, I'd ask for...

One of - Zegras, Drysdale
One of - Perreault, Moore
One of - Colaneglo, Thrun
One of - 2021 3rd overall
One of - 2022 or 2023 conditional pick based on Eichel's GP

(overall: two forwards, one d-man, two picks)

And Anaheim would decline quite quickly. The value that Eichel would potentially bring to the 2nd worst team in the league is not greater than the sum of that package.
Salzy liked this.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 9:22 a.m.
Quoting: Lenny7
Still getting 3OA, which seems to be undervalued in a lot of these trades for some reason.

People treat it like its a mid-late first, not like the top prospect on 20+ teams that player instantly becomes
Lenny7 liked this.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 9:23 a.m.
Lenny7

It still doesn't make a ton of sense to do though. You get absolutely screwed when Eichel realizes that he's in "Buffalo of the West", and handcuffs you with that NMC next summer.
Salzy liked this.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 9:24 a.m.
Lenny7
People treat it like its a mid-late first, not like the top prospect on 20+ teams that player instantly becomes

bUt TsN sAiD tHiS wAs A bAd DrAfT!!!

You're absolutely right though. With 3OA you're getting an absolutely excellent prospect.
Salzy liked this.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 9:29 a.m.
It still doesn't make a ton of sense to do though. You get absolutely screwed when Eichel realizes that he's in "Buffalo of the West", and handcuffs you with that NMC next summer.

Lets say we sign Getz to play him with Zegras (What I want to happen)

Rakell-Eichel-Silfverberg
Getzlaf-Zegras-Terry
Jones-Lundestrom-Steel
whatever 4th line Eakins decides to play like our first

Lindholm-Drysdale
Fowler-Manson
Fleury-Curran

Gibson
Stolarz

If Zegras and Drysdale play like we hope they do That looks like a playoff contender to me
Jul. 6, 2021 at 9:38 a.m.
Lenny7
Lets say we sign Getz to play him with Zegras (What I want to happen)

Rakell-Eichel-Silfverberg
Getzlaf-Zegras-Terry
Jones-Lundestrom-Steel
whatever 4th line Eakins decides to play like our first

Lindholm-Drysdale
Fowler-Manson
Fleury-Curran

Gibson
Stolarz

If Zegras and Drysdale play like we hope they do That looks like a playoff contender to me

I don't know...very, very thin on the wings, IMO, and I'm not super confident with the right side of that D-core. Hoping Drysdale understands what it takes and puts in a solid summer, but I'm not super confident in him playing 20ish minutes a night next year (yet). Get me a little Dougie and I'd be on board tears of joy
Salzy liked this.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 9:47 a.m.
I don't know...very, very thin on the wings, IMO, and I'm not super confident with the right side of that D-core. Hoping Drysdale understands what it takes and puts in a solid summer, but I'm not super confident in him playing 20ish minutes a night next year (yet). Get me a little Dougie and I'd be on board tears of joy

Realistically, if we add Eichel, assume Lundestrom, Jones and Steel sign for under 1M (they arent really worth more yet) we would have approx 17M with 18 signed, knock it down to 15M and 19 signed if Getz signs for 2M, we would be a pretty attractive spot for him and could realistically outbid most if not all teams

(Assuming Shattenkirk is the SEA pick)
Lenny7 liked this.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 9:50 a.m.
Leafs Sufferer

My intention wasn't to say Steel was on the same level as Zegras or Drysdale, mainly that Steel maybe be a piece that would need to be included. It appears as though I was wrong in this case, although I'm not an expert on all prospects/players values.
Salzy liked this.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 10:28 a.m.

Not sure if other Kings fans have chimed in, as I just did a little bit of scrolling through.

But I personally wouldn't trade Vilardi and #8 for Reinhart even with an extension. I could see Vilardi and a 2nd, or #8 and a prospect like Kupari or Madden. But not both. And the 2nd round pick coming back to the Kings doesn't move the needle enough to change my mind because the Kings aren't looking for more draft picks currently. Just my 2 cents.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 10:38 a.m.
Leafs Sufferer
Quoting: PuckLuck_77
Not sure if other Kings fans have chimed in, as I just did a little bit of scrolling through.

But I personally wouldn't trade Vilardi and #8 for Reinhart even with an extension. I could see Vilardi and a 2nd, or #8 and a prospect like Kupari or Madden. But not both. And the 2nd round pick coming back to the Kings doesn't move the needle enough to change my mind because the Kings aren't looking for more draft picks currently. Just my 2 cents.

Honest question, where does Vilardi rank in the prospect pool in comparison to Turcotte, Byfield, Kupari and Kaliyev? LA seems to have a ton of great prospects right now, moving one of them and the 8OA doesn't seem like a terrible idea to me to add someone who could potentially be a great 2C behind Kopitar.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 10:46 a.m.
Honest question, where does Vilardi rank in the prospect pool in comparison to Turcotte, Byfield, Kupari and Kaliyev? LA seems to have a ton of great prospects right now, moving one of them and the 8OA doesn't seem like a terrible idea to me to add someone who could potentially be a great 2C behind Kopitar.

I think its a relatively general consensus that the "Big 3" are Byfield, Turcotte, and Vilardi mostly in that order. Kaliyev is just under that but because he's the only real scoring prospect they have, and the center depth is so impressive, its believed that one of the centers not named Byfield would be traded before Arty. Kupari falls at the top of the list of prospects in the tier after those 4.

I think if the Kings are trading for Reinhart its to play him at wing. Vilardi, in his 1st full NHL season played as 2C already, so it doesn't make sense to position that issue by trading for someone 5 years older. But because Vilardi has already shown 2C capability, is 5 years younger and therefore feasibly under team control for close to 2x what Reinhart could be even with an extension, and the fact that the draft runs approx 9 really good players deep, I can't see the Kings parting with both at the same time.

I'm a fan of Reinhart and I think he would make the Kings better on the winf, but the fact of the matter is he had an anomaly of a year with regards to certain unsustainable stats, and its a long shot of a bet that it would continue. I wouldn't trade 2 likely top-6 (or top-4 Dman/elite goaltender, depending on who they pick at #8) for him on that bet.
Ritzy liked this.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 10:53 a.m.
Meow
Nice work. I'd take the 17 mill in cap space and overpay for a veteran winger or even two to help mitts along (Thompson will hinder his development imo and I'd prefer Asplund on the fourth *if possible*). Not a huge fan of adding Henrique, but a one year vet center makes sense for us and makes sense for cap purposes in the trade. I seem to think all of these moves in 1 offseason will be tight for KA to make happen but lets throw him to the wolves and see if he's up for it.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 11:34 a.m.
I think its a relatively general consensus that the "Big 3" are Byfield, Turcotte, and Vilardi mostly in that order. Kaliyev is just under that but because he's the only real scoring prospect they have, and the center depth is so impressive, its believed that one of the centers not named Byfield would be traded before Arty. Kupari falls at the top of the list of prospects in the tier after those 4.

I think if the Kings are trading for Reinhart its to play him at wing. Vilardi, in his 1st full NHL season played as 2C already, so it doesn't make sense to position that issue by trading for someone 5 years older. But because Vilardi has already shown 2C capability, is 5 years younger and therefore feasibly under team control for close to 2x what Reinhart could be even with an extension, and the fact that the draft runs approx 9 really good players deep, I can't see the Kings parting with both at the same time.

I'm a fan of Reinhart and I think he would make the Kings better on the winf, but the fact of the matter is he had an anomaly of a year with regards to certain unsustainable stats, and its a long shot of a bet that it would continue. I wouldn't trade 2 likely top-6 (or top-4 Dman/elite goaltender, depending on who they pick at #8) for him on that bet.

Reinhart is not 5 years older than Vilardi.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 12:14 p.m.
Reinhart is not 5 years older than Vilardi.

I stand corrected. 4 years older. Sorry, I thought he was 26 and I didn't verify my thought.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 1:14 p.m.
I stand corrected. 4 years older. Sorry, I thought he was 26 and I didn't verify my thought.

About 3.75 years, 3 years difference in draft years.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 6:34 p.m.
About 3.75 years, 3 years difference in draft years.

Cool thanks man. You must be the life of every party lol.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll