SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Buffalo Sabres

San Jose- Eichel

Oct. 6, 2021 at 10:39 a.m.
San Jose dump bad contract (Vlasic)
give up 2 NHL ready solid players, and a few high picks (2nd's will be still top 30-40 picks)
get rid of Hertl who wants out. unlikely for extension, but for the sake of the post lets say he does
take on Okposo to even out money. only 2 years left. San Jose can ride that out.

Thoughts? not a fan of either team. I just see a fit.
Oct. 6, 2021 at 10:42 a.m.
As a sharks fan I don’t want to give up anything of value for Eichel at this point.I guess it depends which solid nhl players you are talking about and what picks.
Oct. 6, 2021 at 10:45 a.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
You have no trade displayed FYI.
OldNYIfan and Shibbal18 liked this.
Oct. 6, 2021 at 10:46 a.m.
I really think the Sabres would rather keep Okposo. I know, sounds strange, but he brings a lot more to the table than just his pathetic goal count. He's pretty valuable asset for their young core and the locker room.
Oct. 6, 2021 at 11:07 a.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: AvoidTheClap
I really think the Sabres would rather keep Okposo. I know, sounds strange, but he brings a lot more to the table than just his pathetic goal count. He's pretty valuable asset for their young core and the locker room.

no, he can go, just not paying anyone to take him, they have no need to do that and he gets them over the cap floor
yikes liked this.
Oct. 10, 2021 at 8:29 p.m.
Quoting: battadan
San Jose dump bad contract (Vlasic)
give up 2 NHL ready solid players, and a few high picks (2nd's will be still top 30-40 picks)
get rid of Hertl who wants out. unlikely for extension, but for the sake of the post lets say he does
take on Okposo to even out money. only 2 years left. San Jose can ride that out.

Thoughts? not a fan of either team. I just see a fit.

If I were the Sabres, I would be looking for NHL players that are readily available to be in the lineup, compete, and win. The kids will continue to play and learn the fundamentals the right ways. Winning must come sooner than later also. I would like to look at the Sabres for the first 20 games of the season to see who is producing, who is leading, and who is available to address the highest needs of the Sabres' many needs.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll