Forums/Armchair-GM

Still trying to find Duchene trade

Created by: mewatki2
Team: 2016-17 Carolina Hurricanes
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 16, 2017
Published: Mar. 16, 2017
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I know it's probably impossible to trade for Duchene without giving up Faulk/Slavin/Pesce/Hanifin, but I think two future NHL D-men plus a top 10 pick (likely 9th or 10th at this point) may be getting closer, especially if the Avs want to go the "full rebuild" route.

I know some people seem to be down on Bean, but I still him as having the potential to be a poor-man's Erik Karlsson. Makes Barrie expendable too imo.

I appreciate all feedback!
Trades
COL
  1. Bean, Jake
  2. McKeown, Roland
  3. 2017 1st round pick (CAR)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
25$73,000,000$57,300,833$0$3,227,500$15,699,167
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$5,725,000$5,725,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 7
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW
UFA - 2
$1,275,000$1,275,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
UFA - 3
$2,700,000$2,700,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$817,500$817,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LW
UFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
C
UFA - 1
$811,667$811,667 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$705,000$705,000 (Performance Bonus$197,500$198K)
LW
UFA - 2
$683,333$683,333 (Performance Bonus$75,000$75K)
C
UFA - 2
$650,000$650,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$600,000$600,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
UFA - 2
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RD
UFA - 4
$3,300,000$3,300,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 1
$809,167$809,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RD
UFA - 2
$1,375,000$1,375,000
G
UFA - 2
$742,500$742,500 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD
UFA - 2
$787,500$787,500
RD
UFA - 2
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 16, 2017 at 10:19 p.m.
VegasGMV2.LeafsGMV1
They may have to fire Sakic in order for a deal to get done...Maybe Fleury instead of McKeown and no lottery protection on the pick....
Mar. 16, 2017 at 10:51 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Gee, you compare Bean to Karlsson and you still trade him? Duchene only has two years left in his contract, why would the Canes give up some futures for him. And you gotta ask...what has Duchene really done with a out of playoff team like the Avs?,.... they're still an out of playoffs team. Surely the Canes can spend 6m better than Duchene without giving up assets.
As a CapFriendly fan. Why are 75% of the Duchene trades made to the Canes? Can't the other 29 teams share in the Duchene trade?
Mar. 17, 2017 at 1:18 a.m.
Quoting: palhal
Gee, you compare Bean to Karlsson and you still trade him? Duchene only has two years left in his contract, why would the Canes give up some futures for him. And you gotta ask...what has Duchene really done with a out of playoff team like the Avs?,.... they're still an out of playoffs team. Surely the Canes can spend 6m better than Duchene without giving up assets.
As a CapFriendly fan. Why are 75% of the Duchene trades made to the Canes? Can't the other 29 teams share in the Duchene trade?

Ive seen some Duchene trade ideas to MTL, but the problem is MTL fans dont want to let go of either Sergachev or McCarron, making a deal impossible. Same with other teams; either they dont have the young talent to give, or they wont want to give
Mar. 17, 2017 at 7:53 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
DavidBooth: IMO, Sakic and some Avs fans have truly overrated the value of Duchene. While I think he would improve as a player on a good team, with the Avs, he play has declined and he doesn't seem to be a difference maker. The clock is ticking on his UFA status.....summer 2019. Avs want to trade Duchene and Landeskog and get better value,? Duchene and Landeskog better play better.
Mar. 17, 2017 at 10:16 a.m.
Lenny7
DavidBooth: IMO, Sakic and some Avs fans have truly overrated the value of Duchene. While I think he would improve as a player on a good team, with the Avs, he play has declined and he doesn't seem to be a difference maker. The clock is ticking on his UFA status.....summer 2019. Avs want to trade Duchene and Landeskog and get better value,? Duchene and Landeskog better play better.

Gotta think that the Avs may end up having to hold onto one or both of these guys into next season to try to get their value up.
Mar. 17, 2017 at 10:25 a.m.
Banned
Yeah i don't see Sakic trading Duchene to Carolina, Without one of Hanifin or Slavin being involved. If Sakic was asking Sergachev for Duchene i don't see Sakic being interested in Bean.
Mar. 17, 2017 at 11:19 a.m.
Michael

While I think Bean can be great, he's made expendable due to the defensive depth already on the roster. With this trade, we keep Fleury and still have Faulk/Slavin/Pesce/Hanifin. Add a veteran 5-6 guy and thats a solid D corps, Bean just isn't vital to the organization. As for your Duchene to Canes comment, it just makes the most sense considering the Canes seemingly infinite cap room and Colorado's need for young defenders. Not saying it will happen, but I wouldn't bet against the Canes having Duchene on their opening night roster.
Mar. 17, 2017 at 11:21 a.m.
Michael
Quoting: Larkinisking
Yeah i don't see Sakic trading Duchene to Carolina, Without one of Hanifin or Slavin being involved. If Sakic was asking Sergachev for Duchene i don't see Sakic being interested in Bean.

As a Canes fan living in Denver, I agree with you. I feel like a trade like this is much more likely if Sakic gets fired. New GM would want to build from ground up and 2 low-risk D prospects and a top 10 pick may just be the way they want to go.
Mar. 17, 2017 at 12:34 p.m.
Quoting: DavidBooth7

Ive seen some Duchene trade ideas to MTL, but the problem is MTL fans dont want to let go of either Sergachev or McCarron, making a deal impossible. Same with other teams; either they dont have the young talent to give, or they wont want to give

Sergachev, absolutely. McCarron? I don't think any Habs fan is saying they wouldn't include McCarron...... Thing is Colorado wants D so McCarron doesn't fit the bill. Any other prospect not named Sergachev is available in this trade for Duchene. Any Hab fan who says otherwise just wants to horde picks and prospects and doesn't actually want to win a cup while we have one of the best goal scorers in the game, one of the best dmen in the game and arguably the best goalie in the game. Sergachev is the exception because we got to see him at the prospects camp this year and he is with out a doubt going to be a star in the NHL. McCarron, Juulsen, Sherbak, Hudon, etc are not locks to be.
Mar. 17, 2017 at 1:42 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco

Sergachev, absolutely. McCarron? I don't think any Habs fan is saying they wouldn't include McCarron...... Thing is Colorado wants D so McCarron doesn't fit the bill. Any other prospect not named Sergachev is available in this trade for Duchene. Any Hab fan who says otherwise just wants to horde picks and prospects and doesn't actually want to win a cup while we have one of the best goal scorers in the game, one of the best dmen in the game and arguably the best goalie in the game. Sergachev is the exception because we got to see him at the prospects camp this year and he is with out a doubt going to be a star in the NHL. McCarron, Juulsen, Sherbak, Hudon, etc are not locks to be.

Alright, so even lets say McCarron is available. Still, what would MTL give that would meet Sakics asking price for Duchene? McCarron, Juulsen, and a first makes sense from the Habs part. Even throw in a third to sweeten it up. But from not the Avs point of view but Sakic, he wants a top 4 solid puck moving dman, a first round pick, AND another major piece. Lets say the late first and the third covers for the first rounder, and McCarron is the big piece. They are still not giving Colorado the defenceman that they seek. The player MTL has that fits that bill is Serg, which MTL wont give. So as long as Sakic is around, dont expect a blockbuster to happen between Colorado and Montreal. Which is unfortunate as I could really see either one of Duchene or Landeskog fit into the Habs.
Mar. 17, 2017 at 3:29 p.m.

Alright, so even lets say McCarron is available. Still, what would MTL give that would meet Sakics asking price for Duchene? McCarron, Juulsen, and a first makes sense from the Habs part. Even throw in a third to sweeten it up. But from not the Avs point of view but Sakic, he wants a top 4 solid puck moving dman, a first round pick, AND another major piece. Lets say the late first and the third covers for the first rounder, and McCarron is the big piece. They are still not giving Colorado the defenceman that they seek. The player MTL has that fits that bill is Serg, which MTL wont give. So as long as Sakic is around, dont expect a blockbuster to happen between Colorado and Montreal. Which is unfortunate as I could really see either one of Duchene or Landeskog fit into the Habs.

There is a reason no one has bitten yet....... That is a crazy high price for a very good but not superstar type player. Sakic will be forced to give in a little if he doesn't find a way. MTL is right to not want to part with Sergachev. He is the heir apparent on defence. Without him our D is Weber and that is it for the foreseeable future......that's a problem. One as big as the center position for us. So losing Sergachev for Duchene fills one need and creates another.
Mar. 17, 2017 at 3:51 p.m.

There is a reason no one has bitten yet....... That is a crazy high price for a very good but not superstar type player. Sakic will be forced to give in a little if he doesn't find a way. MTL is right to not want to part with Sergachev. He is the heir apparent on defence. Without him our D is Weber and that is it for the foreseeable future......that's a problem. One as big as the center position for us. So losing Sergachev for Duchene fills one need and creates another.

Well its either Sakic gives in or otherwise he will probably be given the boot. I mean we saw in Hall trade how high the value of defenceman are right now. Sakic is thinking the other way around, and it wont work
Mar. 17, 2017 at 6:41 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
David Booth: Interesting comparison you made between Hall and his 6m long contract for Larsson and his 4.16m long term contract. While I thought the trade was pretty fair, since, it gave the Oilers what they wanted, I know most people though it was one sided.
So what is Duchene worth on his 6m contract for two years? Not nearly as much as what Sakic supposedly wants and not as much as most Avs fans think he's worth. What are really getting in Duchene, a 50 point guy? Might not be a difference maker.
Mar. 17, 2017 at 8:51 p.m.
David Booth: Interesting comparison you made between Hall and his 6m long contract for Larsson and his 4.16m long term contract. While I thought the trade was pretty fair, since, it gave the Oilers what they wanted, I know most people though it was one sided.
So what is Duchene worth on his 6m contract for two years? Not nearly as much as what Sakic supposedly wants and not as much as most Avs fans think he's worth. What are really getting in Duchene, a 50 point guy? Might not be a difference maker.

Exactly. Also Hall has been more productive so far in his career than Duchene IMO. But another factor is that he is a center, so lets say Hall is the same as Duchene. If so, Sakic should be happy if he can land Sergachev or Hanafin by themselves. Remember Hall had a big 75+ point season several years ago on a Oilers team that used to be pure **** at a time when McDavid or Draisitl were not even in in the league. So for Sakic wanting that much for a guy who hasnt put up more than 60 points in a season is absurd. But it takes only one idiot GM to give Sakic what he wants.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll