Forums/Armchair-GM

never done carolina before so why not

Created by: islandersfan14
Team: 2022-23 Carolina Hurricanes
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 9, 2021
Published: Dec. 9, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
tbh i dont even know what Carolina lines look like so just let me know if the lines are nothing like how they are supposed to look. ik none of this could happen
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$3,500,000
5$5,500,000
4$2,500,000
4$2,500,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$2,500,000
2$1,000,000
3$6,125,000
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$82,500,000$81,166,917$112,500$500,000$1,333,083
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$7,750,000$7,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 7
$8,460,250$8,460,250
C
UFA - 2
$6,125,000$6,125,000
RW
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
C
UFA - 8
$5,400,000$5,400,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,800,000$1,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW
RFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RW
RFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C, RW
UFA
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,300,000$5,300,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,025,000$4,025,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,050,000$4,050,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 9, 2021 at 9:35 a.m.
v5 CBJ GM
i think Necas is mostly a RW and won’t play C for a while
Dec. 9, 2021 at 10:16 a.m.
the contracts and numbers arent good.

Then the lines. Staal is a center
Dec. 9, 2021 at 11:34 a.m.
Mark
I can't see Kotkaniemi at $5.5 per for 5 years.

I don't have a horse in this race, but I honestly think that, if given the opportunity to do it all over again, both the Hurricanes and Kotkaniemi wouldn't have signed that offer sheet. The Hurricanes are now saddled with a $6 million dollar player that plays a shade over 7 minutes a night on the fourth line and hardly ever contributes offensively. I am sure that, as the season progresses and the playoffs approach, the would have wished they had an extra $6 million under the cap to allocate towards a better asset. Kotkaniemi, who was mad at how little playing time he received during his time in Montreal, is now getting 7 minutes a night on the 4th line instead of receiving second-line minutes in Montreal. Now, that can't be good for his development. Yes, he cashed in. But at what cost?
Dec. 9, 2021 at 12:17 p.m.
Lets Get Kraken
Quoting: markmws
I can't see Kotkaniemi at $5.5 per for 5 years.

I don't have a horse in this race, but I honestly think that, if given the opportunity to do it all over again, both the Hurricanes and Kotkaniemi wouldn't have signed that offer sheet. The Hurricanes are now saddled with a $6 million dollar player that plays a shade over 7 minutes a night on the fourth line and hardly ever contributes offensively. I am sure that, as the season progresses and the playoffs approach, the would have wished they had an extra $6 million under the cap to allocate towards a better asset. Kotkaniemi, who was mad at how little playing time he received during his time in Montreal, is now getting 7 minutes a night on the 4th line instead of receiving second-line minutes in Montreal. Now, that can't be good for his development. Yes, he cashed in. But at what cost?

You should probably actually look at KK stats before you make such an ignorant statement. While he is playing on the 4th line right now, he has been one of our best players in the last few games. The canes would not redo this, as they took out a part of a possible contending threat in MTL. But more importantly, KK is being primed to take over 2C depending on how Trocheck’s year goes. This is just a conditioning year for KK, and him not producing just falls into the Canes plan. They will resign him long term at a cheaper cap hit with the bet he will start to pick up the scoring pace next year.
Dec. 9, 2021 at 4:53 p.m.
Mark
Quoting: evelutions2
You should probably actually look at KK stats before you make such an ignorant statement. While he is playing on the 4th line right now, he has been one of our best players in the last few games. The canes would not redo this, as they took out a part of a possible contending threat in MTL. But more importantly, KK is being primed to take over 2C depending on how Trocheck’s year goes. This is just a conditioning year for KK, and him not producing just falls into the Canes plan. They will resign him long term at a cheaper cap hit with the bet he will start to pick up the scoring pace next year.

So, just to summarize your statement: Kotkaniemi not producing falls under the Canes plans??? Is that right??? $6 million under a cap during a year they are contending,and him not producing falls under their plan???? Really??? Like.....really????
Dec. 9, 2021 at 5:08 p.m.
So, just to summarize your statement: Kotkaniemi not producing falls under the Canes plans??? Is that right??? $6 million under a cap during a year they are contending,and him not producing falls under their plan???? Really??? Like.....really????

Since moving to C, KK is producing at a 0.75 PPG rate, or a 60+ point rate. That's production, my friend
Dec. 9, 2021 at 5:53 p.m.
Lets Get Kraken

It just gives the canes an opportunity to give him an even lower cap hit on his next contract. Which in turn makes it so that the canes can spend more on other players, such as Necas and Trocheck.
Dec. 10, 2021 at 5:39 a.m.
Mark
Quoting: Caniac2000
Since moving to C, KK is producing at a 0.75 PPG rate, or a 60+ point rate. That's production, my friend

GREAT! If he's producing that much, let's see him more than 7 minutes, right? I mean, why aren't they playing him more? 0.75 is production, so why only play him 7 minutes? What's he doing wrong?

I'm reading his stats as we speak. He's got a CF% of 58.6, which is great. Now, the percentage of time that he starts in the offensive zone is 67.4%. I have no issue with that: they're sheltering him, and that's great. Long term, I am not 100% sure that will help him to become a great 2-way center. It could! Nobody can be certain. If I were running the Hurricanes, I personally would not have signed him because I personally would see this season (and long-term) as a "go-for-it" season, and $6million could be used in any number of ways to improve their team.

Quoting: evelutions2
It just gives the canes an opportunity to give him an even lower cap hit on his next contract. Which in turn makes it so that the canes can spend more on other players, such as Necas and Trocheck.

Look, the Hurricanes are a great team. I have nothing against them or Kotkaniemi. I guess, if you are a Hurricanes fan, you have to ask yourself if Kotkaniemi, for this season, at $6 million, puts you in a better position to win a Cup then say someone else who produces at a $6 million dollar clip.

To put this into context, here is a short list of players who are making less than Kotkaniemi: Larkin, Dumba, Brodin, Nelson, Meier, Ehlers, Guentzel, Forsberg, Markstrom, Huberdeau, Barkov, Oshie, Shesterkin, Hertl, Muzzin, Nurse, Parayko, etc. A few of those players - Hertl, Meier, Forsberg - are rumored to be on the trade market as we speak. The Hurricanes could have used that first round pick (and the third) that they gave to the Canadiens to acquire KK as a package to receive one of those three. They could have spent less , and receive Kessel, who has a lot of playoff experience.

I don't want to get into this. There are always two sides, and I respect that. If you think he helps the Canes more than (insert player making less here), then great. Again, they're a contender, and I am sure that his cap hit won't hurt them during the deadline.
Dec. 10, 2021 at 10:57 a.m.
GREAT! If he's producing that much, let's see him more than 7 minutes, right? I mean, why aren't they playing him more? 0.75 is production, so why only play him 7 minutes? What's he doing wrong?

I'm reading his stats as we speak. He's got a CF% of 58.6, which is great. Now, the percentage of time that he starts in the offensive zone is 67.4%. I have no issue with that: they're sheltering him, and that's great. Long term, I am not 100% sure that will help him to become a great 2-way center. It could! Nobody can be certain. If I were running the Hurricanes, I personally would not have signed him because I personally would see this season (and long-term) as a "go-for-it" season, and $6million could be used in any number of ways to improve their team.

Look, the Hurricanes are a great team. I have nothing against them or Kotkaniemi. I guess, if you are a Hurricanes fan, you have to ask yourself if Kotkaniemi, for this season, at $6 million, puts you in a better position to win a Cup then say someone else who produces at a $6 million dollar clip.

To put this into context, here is a short list of players who are making less than Kotkaniemi: Larkin, Dumba, Brodin, Nelson, Meier, Ehlers, Guentzel, Forsberg, Markstrom, Huberdeau, Barkov, Oshie, Shesterkin, Hertl, Muzzin, Nurse, Parayko, etc. A few of those players - Hertl, Meier, Forsberg - are rumored to be on the trade market as we speak. The Hurricanes could have used that first round pick (and the third) that they gave to the Canadiens to acquire KK as a package to receive one of those three. They could have spent less , and receive Kessel, who has a lot of playoff experience.

I don't want to get into this. There are always two sides, and I respect that. If you think he helps the Canes more than (insert player making less here), then great. Again, they're a contender, and I am sure that his cap hit won't hurt them during the deadline.

He plays 25% of the 5v5 TOI the team gets. It's not his fault this team has the discipline of a kid in a candy shop.

The only knock you can have on KK is that he doesn't kill penalties, but he's learning to. He's been excellent in Carolina, and suggesting he hasn't on the basis he gets 7 minutes a night when he doesn't kill penalties on the most penalized team in the NHL (and rightly so, this isn't me complaining about calls against the Canes, Carolina commit a lot of penalties) it's a lazy take.
Dec. 10, 2021 at 12:35 p.m.
Mark
He plays 25% of the 5v5 TOI the team gets. It's not his fault this team has the discipline of a kid in a candy shop.

The only knock you can have on KK is that he doesn't kill penalties, but he's learning to. He's been excellent in Carolina, and suggesting he hasn't on the basis he gets 7 minutes a night when he doesn't kill penalties on the most penalized team in the NHL (and rightly so, this isn't me complaining about calls against the Canes, Carolina commit a lot of penalties) it's a lazy take.

Go back and read my post. I NEVER once said he was playing poorly. What I was and still am saying is that, for a $6 million dollar cap hit, they could do better. At no point was I disparaging Kotkaniemi. I don't think it was lazy, but if you think so, then fine: think whatever you want. I am not going to loose sleep over it.

Look, I really don't care. This conversation has run it's course. Let's just agree to disagree.
Dec. 10, 2021 at 2:29 p.m.
Go back and read my post. I NEVER once said he was playing poorly. What I was and still am saying is that, for a $6 million dollar cap hit, they could do better. At no point was I disparaging Kotkaniemi. I don't think it was lazy, but if you think so, then fine: think whatever you want. I am not going to loose sleep over it.

Look, I really don't care. This conversation has run it's course. Let's just agree to disagree.

Except, he's proving himself to be the 2nd best center on the team, and his 6 mil cap hit as a center is more than justified. It also has to be higher to get the player on an offersheet, and they have him cost controlled for term.... he's been great, and your take is incredibly lazy. Watch some Canes games and I promise you that you'll see why KK is worth it.
Dec. 11, 2021 at 2:18 a.m.
Mark
Except, he's proving himself to be the 2nd best center on the team, and his 6 mil cap hit as a center is more than justified. It also has to be higher to get the player on an offersheet, and they have him cost controlled for term.... he's been great, and your take is incredibly lazy. Watch some Canes games and I promise you that you'll see why KK is worth it.

Again, I NEVER said that he's not a good player. Go back and read everything. I'm not calling your posts names or calling what your writing names: everyone is entitled to their opinions. If he's there 2nd best center, then I'll look forward to future games where he plays over 10 minutes consistently.

Agree to disagree on this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll