24$81,500,000$56,517,058$597,561$1,687,500$24,982,942
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
C
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW
UFA - 3
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
UFA - 4
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,150,000$1,150,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$3,500,000$3,500,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 1
$917,831$917,831
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$637,500$638K)
LD
RFA - 1
$2,343,750$2,343,750
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 4
$761,250$761,250
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
RD
RFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 6
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 5
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$2,125,000$2,125,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 5
$950,000$950,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$880,833$880,833 ($0$0$0$0)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$825,000$825,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
C
UFA - 1
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 16, 2022 at 5:24 p.m.
Thanks for the discussion avs fans it’s been excellent hearing your opinions. Just remember I’m rooting for your team my favourite player is on it. Best of luck at trade deadline.
Xqb15a liked this.
Jan. 16, 2022 at 5:26 p.m.
Edited Jan. 16, 2022 at 5:33 p.m.
Quoting: DaHabs
It’s about trading for types of players that compliment other types of players on your team that will bro g a different element to your team. That’s why Gms love Anderson it what he bro had that dimension of size and speed which is the identity of the AVS JUST INCASE. you don’t understand your team. It’s what Anderson will bring to the table that compher doesn’t and what he will bro g out of each of your players that compher doesn’t. Like I said I’m rooti g for the avs just like Mackinnon said it’s my 9th season I’m sick of losing. But it’s your team! Go avs go

I dont understand my own team? Dude what?

You are missing the point...this is about the cap space and the over payment of the player, I already said he is more physical and a better skater than compher, but at that term and 2m more aav, that isnt good enough to justify the additional cap space.

IF adding grit etc is all you are hung up on, avs can trade for someone who does that while having a better contract. What Anderson does is not unique in the NHL. If he made 4m aav he is more desirable, for a 3rd line physical winger who doesnt PK, 5.5m is not a desirable target.

Nicolas Aube-Kubel, who the avs claimed on waivers hits more than Anderson, he also has the same offensive totals as him while making 1m aav. Like I said Anderson makes too much money for what he does, you can get that for much cheaper. He is not a unique player, montreal just over paid on him.
Xqb15a liked this.
Jan. 16, 2022 at 5:40 p.m.
Quoting: coga16
I dont understand my own team? Dude what?

You are missing the point...this is about the cap space and the over payment of the player, I already said he is more physical and a better skater than compher, but at that term and 2m more aav, that isnt good enough to justify the additional cap space.

IF adding grit etc is all you are hung up on, avs can trade for someone who does that while having a better contract. What Anderson does is not unique in the NHL. If he made 4m aav he is more desirable, for a 3rd line physical winger who doesnt PK, 5.5m is not a desirable target.

Nicolas Aube-Kubel, who the avs claimed on waivers hits more than Anderson, he also has the same offensive totals as him while making 1m aav. Like I said Anderson makes too much money for what he does, you can get that for much cheaper. He is not a unique player, montreal just over paid on him.

Same amount of games played I assume as well. You can get them cheaper but not as good. Anderson can pick the puck up blow by defensemen and drive straight to the net no o e in league does it like him NOBODY AT ANY PRICE he is unique. And is over payed u til about two years time and then he will be about average price for the last three years of his contract as salaries rise.
Jan. 16, 2022 at 5:42 p.m.
Same amount of games played I assume as well. You can get them cheaper but not as good. Anderson can pick the puck up blow by defensemen and drive straight to the net no o e in league does it like him NOBODY AT ANY PRICE he is unique. And is over payed u til about two years time and then he will be about average price for the last three years of his contract as salaries rise.

yes they bw 23-25 games between all the them.

No he is not unique, there are multiple players on the avs who can do that. Nathan MacKinnon and Valeri Nichuskin just to name too.. What he does is not unique.
He is not a bad player, he is just an average player who is a good skater put does not have the offensively pop to justify his price tag and cant play defense so he is limited in his role.

I would rather have Nichushkin on my team over Anderson
Jan. 16, 2022 at 5:44 p.m.
I’m trying to remember who sent the avs home last year. Then I’m trying to remember which habs player was the difference in the series for us that sent them home. Oh wait it’s it’s he is like a really unigue player combines speed and skill like no one else in the league. I thi
K his name was Josh Anderson.
Jan. 16, 2022 at 5:47 p.m.
I’m trying to remember who sent the avs home last year. Then I’m trying to remember which habs player was the difference in the series for us that sent them home. Oh wait it’s it’s he is like a really unigue player combines speed and skill like no one else in the league. I thi
K his name was Josh Anderson.

if you are trying to troll bc you are frustrated that Anderson is over paid and no one is agreeing with you, that just proves what everyone has said about him

Trolling is a result of when you cant contribute to the conversation
Jan. 16, 2022 at 6:21 p.m.
if you are trying to troll bc you are frustrated that Anderson is over paid and no one is agreeing with you, that just proves what everyone has said about him

Lol
That’s sad. Like I said man wish the avs the best. Makar is the man. Nothing like him has come around in a long time.
Jan. 16, 2022 at 6:24 p.m.
Go Habs Go

Anderson's combination of size and speed may not be unique, but it is rare. Most players that reach his height are slower despite running leaner. You can debate his value or skills, but you simply can't take that away from him.

I have zero interest in trading him. Nothing to do with this proposal or whether he's worth his contract.
DaHabs liked this.
Jan. 16, 2022 at 6:25 p.m.
Lol
That’s sad. Like I said man wish the avs the best. Makar is the man. Nothing like him has come around in a long time.

I agree you trolling is sad
Jan. 16, 2022 at 6:25 p.m.
Quoting: ricochetii
Anderson's combination of size and speed may not be unique, but it is rare. Most players that reach his height are slower despite running leaner. You can debate his value or skills, but you simply can't take that away from him.

I have zero interest in trading him. Nothing to do with this proposal or whether he's worth his contract.

Well said it’s common knowledge and yes whether he is overpaid or not doesn’t take away what he is thanks for the intelligent comments. Nice to hear from someone who understands the game!
Jan. 16, 2022 at 6:32 p.m.

Like I said multiple times to the OP, I am not saying Anderson is a bad player, hes just over paid for what he intangibles are. The size and skating wouldnt even be unique not he avs. Nichushkin is a fantastic skater for his size, 6'4 220. While he isnt overall physical he is elite defensively and produces basically the same as Anderson offensively. He makes half of what Anderson makes and even as a Pending UFA, he is not going to be getting 5m on the open market.

That has been my point the whole time. While Anderson has nice parts about his game, he is not worth his contract at 5.5m aav, and at the value of thet trade, he does not have that sort of value as a player
DaHabs, ricochetii, Xqb15a and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 16, 2022 at 6:50 p.m.
No the point is when you window is now you do not worry about prospects that may make it or won’t you go for it you stack your roster and you fkn go for it stop wasting time. When them prospect are ready to compete. Mackinnon and landy are done kadri is gone burakosvy is too but dont listen to me I obviously don’t know what I’m talk ga bout

That last part you are totally right, you obviously don’t know what you are talking about. MacKinnon 26, Mikko 25, Makar 23, Girard 23, Byram 20, Newhook 20, Nichushkin 26, Toews 27, Burakovsky 26, Barron 20, they have like the 12th youngest roster, 4 seasons ago they had the worst record in the league. You’ve literally taking to defending a terrible trade with the argument Anderson “brings things out of players”. LOL. Anderson literally produces even less in the playoffs than his lackluster regular season performances. Is he a “more physical presence” than Landeskog no, Kadri no, Rantanen no, he literally brings nothing that Avs don’t have now besides a bad long term contract. Let’s for the sake of argument say the Avs had him where does he play? Not the first line. Not the 2nd line because that line is killing it with Kadri, Burakovsky and Nichushkin. The 3rd line? Where he can what forecheck and take defensive zone starts? It’s a bad trade for the Avs epically bad.
Jan. 16, 2022 at 6:52 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Like I said multiple times to the OP, I am not saying Anderson is a bad player, hes just over paid for what he intangibles are. The size and skating wouldnt even be unique not he avs. Nichushkin is a fantastic skater for his size, 6'4 220. While he isnt overall physical he is elite defensively and produces basically the same as Anderson offensively. He makes half of what Anderson makes and even as a Pending UFA, he is not going to be getting 5m on the open market.

That has been my point the whole time. While Anderson has nice parts about his game, he is not worth his contract at 5.5m aav, and at the value of thet trade, he does not have that sort of value as a player

That's fair. Don't be surprised if Nichushkin gets more than you expect however. GM's are always happy to pay a premium for size and production in combination. The Only thing holding his next contract back, will be the flat cap.
Anderson was signed without that consideration, or his contract would look better. Nichushkin is likely going to hit 30 goals and has prime years ahead of him.
DaHabs and TJTwolf liked this.
Jan. 16, 2022 at 7:00 p.m.
Quoting: Xqb15a
That last part you are totally right, you obviously don’t know what you are talking about. MacKinnon 26, Mikko 25, Makar 23, Girard 23, Byram 20, Newhook 20, Nichushkin 26, Toews 27, Burakovsky 26, Barron 20, they have like the 12th youngest roster, 4 seasons ago they had the worst record in the league. You’ve literally taking to defending a terrible trade with the argument Anderson “brings things out of players”. LOL. Anderson literally produces even less in the playoffs than his lackluster regular season performances. Is he a “more physical presence” than Landeskog no, Kadri no, Rantanen no, he literally brings nothing that Avs don’t have now besides a bad long term contract. Let’s for the sake of argument say the Avs had him where does he play? Not the first line. Not the 2nd line because that line is killing it with Kadri, Burakovsky and Nichushkin. The 3rd line? Where he can what forecheck and take defensive zone starts? It’s a bad trade for the Avs epically bad.

Kadri I is priced out this is his last round with you guys same with burakosky and nuke. You’ll need to replace them all WONt be able to afford them all. Then Mac’s new contract will need to be negotiated next year plus a real goaltender as well then byram and Barron it’s goingto get really tricky I bet burakosky that makes 4.9 right now gets a nice little raise and I bet kadri gets a nice raise then what about Mac he well Eric Johnson’s 6 mill ir must of if so that will take care of him but everybody else leaves just like grubser did. What about keumper is he up this year?

But you are right the players you listed is who you will be building g around and you will be looking g for power forwards who are signed for around d 5 years at around 5 / 5.5 million to fill in the holes.
Jan. 16, 2022 at 7:01 p.m.
That's fair. Don't be surprised if Nichushkin gets more than you expect however. GM's are always happy to pay a premium for size and production in combination. The Only thing holding his next contract back, will be the flat cap.
Anderson was signed without that consideration, or his contract would look better. Nichushkin is likely going to hit 30 goals and has prime years ahead of him.

I think he gets 4maav x 4-5 years. and IF Anderson was making 4m right now, his contract wouldnt be such a topic
TJTwolf liked this.
Jan. 16, 2022 at 7:03 p.m.
Kadri I is priced out this is his last round with you guys same with burakosky and nuke. You’ll need to reap e them all WONt be able to afford them all. Then Mac’s new contract will need to be negotiated next year plus a real goaltender as well then tram and Barron it’s goi g to get really tricky I bet byralosvy that makes 4.9 right now gets a nice little raise and I bet kadri gets a nice raise then what about Mac he well Eric Johnson’s 6 mill ir must of if so that will take care of him but everybody else leaves just like grubser did. What about keynote is he up this year?

avs cap space is actually fine next year. Once they extend Kuemeper or a starting goalie around 5m aav. They would have roughly 18m in cap space to extend their own guys in Bura, Kadri, and Nuke. They will be able to pick 2 of them they want...IMO thats Kadri and Nuke. They have newhook Compher Kubel, Logan O'Connor, Jost all under contract next season for the bottom 6. Avs are in great cap shape going into the MacK extension. Anderson actually hurts that with his contract. They would be going after a Lehkonon or Crouse at the TDL over Anderson type and his contract

avs let grubauer go, they didnt want to pay him that contract, it was their choice, not his. Grubauer wanted to stay in Colorado but Avs were not willing to spend over 5m on him, and for good reason
DaHabs liked this.
Jan. 16, 2022 at 7:06 p.m.
Habs beat Vegas last year because of Anderson. He was the difference maker in that series. Fact
Jan. 16, 2022 at 7:09 p.m.
avs cap space is actually fine next year. Once they extend Kuemeper or a starting goalie around 5m aav. They would have roughly 18m in cap space to extend their own guys in Bura, Kadri, and Nuke. They will be able to pick 2 of them they want...IMO thats Kadri and Nuke. They have newhook Compher Kubel, Logan O'Connor, Jost all under contract next season for the bottom 6. Avs are in great cap shape going into the MacK extension. Anderson actually hurts that with his contract. They would be going after a Lehkonon or Crouse at the TDL over Anderson type and his contract

avs let grubauer go, they didnt want to pay him that contract, it was their choice, not his. Grubauer wanted to stay in Colorado but Avs were not willing to spend over 5m on him, and for good reason

Looks like you got it all figured out then we can lock it up. I will bet that at 32 years old kadri next co tract becomes epically worse then andrrsons that’s my prediction.
Jan. 16, 2022 at 7:10 p.m.
Looks like you got it all figured out then we can lock it up. I will bet that at 32 years old kadri next co tract becomes epically worse then andrrsons that’s my prediction.

kadri is a 2C, anderson is a middle 6 winger. You spend down the middle, you dont over spend on the wings outside the top line
Jan. 16, 2022 at 7:13 p.m.
kadri is a 2C, anderson is a middle 6 winger. You spend down the middle, you dont over spend on the wings outside the top line

Don’t sell Anderson sort Anderson is top six winger and a game chaNger. He ain’t lucic. And you will regret kadris contract. 5 million for 24 goal scorer isn’t overpaid and will be less and less so each passi g year
Jan. 16, 2022 at 7:13 p.m.
Don’t sell Anderson sort Anderson is top six winger and a game chaNger. He ain’t lucic. And you will regret kadris contract. 5 million for 24 goal scorer isn’t overpaid and will be less and less so each passi g year

you are taking this way too personal
Jan. 16, 2022 at 7:16 p.m.
I’m glad kadri had a good year best of his career at 31 what are the odds. I mean since a player is way best their best scoring years at 27. That sucks for Mac at 26 I guess it’s all down hill from
There apparently. lol I remember listening to av fans about kadri last few years I’m sure he remember s as well.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll