Forums/Armchair-GM

Offseason

Created by: Lancebmx
Team: 2022-23 Detroit Red Wings
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 17, 2022
Published: Jan. 17, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Leddy and Namestnikov traded at the deadline.
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$863,333
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,750,000
1$800,000
1$800,000
2$2,500,000
Trades
DET
  1. Georgiev, Alexandar [RFA Rights]
  2. Nemeth, Patrik
Additional Details:
I've seen NY posts sending a third+ to dump Nemeth. Also have been seeing Georgiev get a third - second. They balance each other out in this deal.
NYR
    Future Considerations

Probably not the most desirable players but both fill a void. Georgiev at least has some potential.
    DET
    1. Martinez, Alec
    Additional Details:
    Vegas might find Martinez expendable, if so he could fit nicely here.
    VGK
    1. McIsaac, Jared
    Additional Details:
    Not really sure the value of him.
    DET
    1. van Riemsdyk, James
    2. 2022 3rd round pick (PHI)
    3. 2023 3rd round pick (PHI)
    Additional Details:
    Flyers dump JVR for cap space.
    PHI
      Future Considerations

Red wings acquire him for leadership and maybe a bit of depth scoring.
      Buyouts
      Retained Salary Transactions
      DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the WSH
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the PHI
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the COL
      Logo of the VGK
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the PHI
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
      23$82,500,000$60,781,389$0$3,857,500$21,718,611
      Left WingCentreRight Wing
      Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
      $2,375,000$2,375,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $6,100,000$6,100,000
      C
      NTC
      UFA - 1
      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
      RW, LW
      RFA - 2
      $2,625,000$2,625,000
      LW
      UFA - 2
      $3,250,000$3,250,000
      C, LW
      UFA - 1
      $1,750,000$1,750,000
      RW, LW
      RFA - 3
      $4,000,000$4,000,000
      LW
      UFA - 3
      $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
      C
      RFA - 1
      $925,000$925,000
      RW, LW
      RFA - 2
      $1,460,000$1,460,000
      LW, C
      UFA - 2
      $2,100,000$2,100,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
      $7,000,000$7,000,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
      $5,250,000$5,250,000
      LD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
      RD
      RFA - 2
      $3,000,000$3,000,000
      G
      UFA - 1
      $863,333$863,333
      LD
      RFA - 4
      $4,400,000$4,400,000
      RD
      RFA - 2
      Logo of the New York Rangers
      $2,500,000$2,500,000
      LD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $850,000$850,000
      RD
      RFA - 1
      $2,500,000$2,500,000
      G
      UFA - 3
      ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
      $1,350,000$1,350,000
      LD/RD
      UFA - 1
      $800,000$800,000
      C
      UFA - 1
      $820,000$820,000 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
      LD
      RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Jan. 17, 2022 at 1:24 a.m.
      NYR don’t consider that, 32 Thoughts stated the ask for Georgiev was a 1st and that they aren’t likely to trade him without a good backup option.
      Jan. 17, 2022 at 1:43 a.m.
      Quoting: glarson17
      NYR don’t consider that, 32 Thoughts stated the ask for Georgiev was a 1st and that they aren’t likely to trade him without a good backup option.

Ah news to me, just going off alot of rangers AGMs I see.
      Jan. 17, 2022 at 1:45 a.m.
      Quoting: Lancebmx
      Ah news to me, just going off alot of rangers AGMs I see.

That ask was of course before his rough start to the year. They mentioned they like Kinkaid as a 3rd option with all the covid uncertainties but if they traded Georgiev they would need a backup.
      Jan. 17, 2022 at 1:49 a.m.
      Future considerations....LOL. Get a grip.
      Jan. 17, 2022 at 1:50 a.m.
      That ask was of course before his rough start to the year. They mentioned they like Kinkaid as a 3rd option with all the covid uncertainties but if they traded Georgiev they would need a backup.

This is also in the offseason so they could always find someone to fill that void. Detroit will likely fill both those holes either internally or through few agency anyways.
      Jan. 17, 2022 at 2:17 a.m.
      Am Yisrael Chai
      Rangers will just absorb Nemeth. Most I'd give to dump him is a 4th. He's not bad just not on the right team.

Georgiev can be had for a 2nd + a minor additive.
      Jan. 17, 2022 at 2:19 a.m.
      Absolutely no need or want for Georgiev and I doubt Yzerman brings Nemeth back. The other 2 trades could happen McIsaac has had surgery on both of his shoulders already and Yzerman didn't draft hims who knows but it would cut salary for Vegas and give them a young dman in the process. I'm not sure about van Riemsdyk if Philly is looking to rebuild they aren't going to trade picks to move him, but I have no idea what their plan is.
      Jan. 17, 2022 at 11:11 a.m.
      Your favorite Ranger
      Georgiev will get a 5th or 6th round pick. Everyone knows NYR won't resign him, so he is worth the same as 1-year rental back-up. If someone wants to tee up a higher pick though, we're in. Nemeth is probably a little more to some teams. So combined they should get something in return here.

How about Namestnikov?
      Jan. 17, 2022 at 11:49 a.m.
      Quoting: AFox23
      Georgiev will get a 5th or 6th round pick. Everyone knows NYR won't resign him, so he is worth the same as 1-year rental back-up. If someone wants to tee up a higher pick though, we're in. Nemeth is probably a little more to some teams. So combined they should get something in return here.

How about Namestnikov?

Considering its the offseason new York could sign Namestnikov. This is more just new York making room for younger guys and trying to save some cap for the future.
      Jan. 17, 2022 at 11:54 a.m.

He’s trended downward every year in the NHL. I can want a threesome with supermodels but reality check.

Quoting: delneggs
      Future considerations....LOL. Get a grip.

Again, very informative feedback here. Geo is trash maybe get you a late pick and Nemeth is a dump. Provide one comp to justify otherwise considering Ned was just acquired for a 3rd is superior to Geo.

Quoting: Stanley_Cup_To_Manhattan
      Rangers will just absorb Nemeth. Most I'd give to dump him is a 4th. He's not bad just not on the right team.

Georgiev can be had for a 2nd + a minor additive.

The quality of goalie that can be had for a second is vastly superior (eg Lehner, Ned, etc)
      Jan. 17, 2022 at 12:05 p.m.
      Teams don't typically give their players away for free...
      Jan. 17, 2022 at 12:49 p.m.
      Quoting: Fedorov91Datsyuk13

They do when they’re cap dumps. Look at the Arizona trade history from this year.

https://www.capfriendly.com/trades/coyotes?season=2022
      Jan. 17, 2022 at 12:55 p.m.
      Quoting: Fedorov91Datsyuk13

It's also how we got Mark Staal.
      Jan. 17, 2022 at 1:03 p.m.
      Quoting: BStinson
      He’s trended downward every year in the NHL. I can want a threesome with supermodels but reality check.

Again, very informative feedback here. Geo is trash maybe get you a late pick and Nemeth is a dump. Provide one comp to justify otherwise considering Ned was just acquired for a 3rd is superior to Geo.

The quality of goalie that can be had for a second is vastly superior (eg Lehner, Ned, etc)

You are incredibly wrong about Georgi, and it would be a waste of time to discuss it with such ignorance.
      Jan. 17, 2022 at 3:46 p.m.
      You are incredibly wrong about Georgi, and it would be a waste of time to discuss it with such ignorance.

Tell me more about how he’s sub league average. Hard to argue with SV%, thank goodness of his recent 5ish games to put him somewhat respectable. Hard to argue with someone that only does personal attacks.
      Jan. 17, 2022 at 4:15 p.m.
      Tell me more about how he’s sub league average. Hard to argue with SV%, thank goodness of his recent 5ish games to put him somewhat respectable. Hard to argue with someone that only does personal attacks.

I have watched every game he has played as a pro, so again, you have no clue what you're talking about. If you think the truth is an insult, so be it.
      Jan. 17, 2022 at 5:33 p.m.
      I think your right on the value of Georgiev maybe they get a 2nd from a team like Edmonton, possibly with a late pick or marginal prospect coming back with Georgiev. I'm not sure the wings would want Nemeth, especially with two more years on his deal after this one. I think it would take more to dump him unless Yzerman has a plan to flip him. NY could bury him or try to do something with him in the off-season and keep him for playoff depth. I know Martinez is from Michigan but i don't know that Yzerman would want to surrender an asset for an ageing player unless he is sure mcissac is a bust. Not sure about the van riemsdyke deal but i would accept that. Finally, don't pay attention to anything egghead says, he likes to piss all over any idea that's not his.
      Jan. 17, 2022 at 5:46 p.m.
      Quoting: Redstinger
      I think your right on the value of Georgiev maybe they get a 2nd from a team like Edmonton, possibly with a late pick or marginal prospect coming back with Georgiev. I'm not sure the wings would want Nemeth, especially with two more years on his deal after this one. I think it would take more to dump him unless Yzerman has a plan to flip him. NY could bury him or try to do something with him in the off-season and keep him for playoff depth. I know Martinez is from Michigan but i don't know that Yzerman would want to surrender an asset for an ageing player unless he is sure mcissac is a bust. Not sure about the van riemsdyke deal but i would accept that. Finally, don't pay attention to anything egghead says, he likes to piss all over any idea that's not his.

Lol I know about that guy enough. Paying one of our multiple LD prospects for a veteran guy we can use for a few use would be a small price to pay if nothing decent can be had at free agency. Nemeth is just another player to fill a spot until guys like Edvinsson and Johansson are ready. JVR is more or less a way to get to the cap floor if needed. The NYR trade is more of they feel like they want to compete now and want Nemethboff the books.
      Jan. 17, 2022 at 5:47 p.m.
      Quoting: Lancebmx
      Lol I know about that guy enough. Paying one of our multiple LD prospects for a veteran guy we can use for a few use would be a small price to pay if nothing decent can be had at free agency. Nemeth is just another player to fill a spot until guys like Edvinsson and Johansson are ready. JVR is more or less a way to get to the cap floor if needed. The NYR trade is more of they feel like they want to compete now and want Nemethboff the books.

Very true, good idea.
      Jan. 17, 2022 at 6:14 p.m.
      Quoting: Redstinger
      Very true, good idea.

We are still at least two years from competing in my eyes anyways. I think some early season success makes people think we might be a playoff team next year but I don't think so. I am glad we are getting the wins though, teach these kids what it takes to win.
      Jan. 17, 2022 at 7:02 p.m.
      I have watched every game he has played as a pro, so again, you have no clue what you're talking about. If you think the truth is an insult, so be it.

So then provide a comp and yes his SV% has gone down every year since his rookie year. Currently exceeding last year like I stated but one bad game on this stretch and we’re in the same boat. Further, he’s been below league average like I stated so not sure what your eyes are seeing. I’d expect higher numbers for him with the team in front of him but what are your eyes saying is the reason? Again, I’d challenge you to provide a comp to justify your stance.
      Jan. 17, 2022 at 7:08 p.m.
      So then provide a comp and yes his SV% has gone down every year since his rookie year. Currently exceeding last year like I stated but one bad game on this stretch and we’re in the same boat. Further, he’s been below league average like I stated so not sure what your eyes are seeing. I’d expect higher numbers for him with the team in front of him but what are your eyes saying is the reason? Again, I’d challenge you to provide a comp to justify your stance.

What you are missing is he has never been the clear starter and only gets regular work when Shesty is hurt or when Hank was hurt. His numbers are not great when he gets 2 or 3 starts a month, but when he gets regular work, like a starter would, he plays much better and at times has been flat out great. That is normal as most players in all sports play better when they play regularly. There are NO COMPS because of how he has been used. You want to look at numbers on a piece of paper and judge players, be my guest, but I have seen every game he has played in the NHL, the good and the bad, and I'm telling you that if he had regular starts, he would be a good starter in the NHL. His problem is Shetsy is a legit Vezina candidate and will be for years, so he needs a new team. Whatever team gets him will be happy with what they get.
      Jan. 17, 2022 at 9:51 p.m.
      What you are missing is he has never been the clear starter and only gets regular work when Shesty is hurt or when Hank was hurt. His numbers are not great when he gets 2 or 3 starts a month, but when he gets regular work, like a starter would, he plays much better and at times has been flat out great. That is normal as most players in all sports play better when they play regularly. There are NO COMPS because of how he has been used. You want to look at numbers on a piece of paper and judge players, be my guest, but I have seen every game he has played in the NHL, the good and the bad, and I'm telling you that if he had regular starts, he would be a good starter in the NHL. His problem is Shetsy is a legit Vezina candidate and will be for years, so he needs a new team. Whatever team gets him will be happy with what they get.

He’s routinely had stretches of games where he’s played within 3/4 days and for everyone good stretch I can point to more bad stretches. Take a look at his game logs for the past few seasons. Some would also say backups aren’t going against the toughest competition. There’s also no direct correlation with increased workload and productivity. In fact, most would argue against due to fatigue. If more proven goalies are going for 2/3 round then you’re looking at the next tier in addition to having GMs leverage NY’s cap.
      Jan. 17, 2022 at 10:56 p.m.
      He’s routinely had stretches of games where he’s played within 3/4 days and for everyone good stretch I can point to more bad stretches. Take a look at his game logs for the past few seasons. Some would also say backups aren’t going against the toughest competition. There’s also no direct correlation with increased workload and productivity. In fact, most would argue against due to fatigue. If more proven goalies are going for 2/3 round then you’re looking at the next tier in addition to having GMs leverage NY’s cap.

LOL, sure. Completely disagree. If you don't want Georgi, your loss. Some team will grab him.
      Jan. 17, 2022 at 11:00 p.m.
      LOL, sure. Completely disagree. If you don't want Georgi, your loss. Some team will grab him.

Like I said take a look at the game logs. Facts don’t backup your comment but continue with your fantasy.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/g/georgal01/gamelog/2020

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll