Another TDL idea

Created by: MauriceArthur15
Team: 2021-22 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 22, 2022
Published: Jan. 22, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
TOR
  1. Severson, Damon ($2,083,333 retained)
NJD
  1. Holl, Justin
  2. Rindell, Axel [Reserve List]
  3. 2022 1st round pick (TOR)
  4. 2023 3rd round pick (TOR)
TOR
  1. Järnkrok, Calle ($1,000,000 retained)
SEA
  1. Miettinen, Veeti [Reserve List]
  2. Ritchie, Nick
  3. 2023 2nd round pick (TOR)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$79,866,449$0$400,000$1,633,551
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$950,000$950,000
LW
UFA - 2
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 3
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 4
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Seattle Kraken
$0$0
RW, C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,645,000$1,645,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 3
$1,650,000$1,650,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$2,083,333$2,083,333
RD
UFA - 2
$3,800,000$3,800,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$1,000,000$1,000,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 22, 2022 at 9:24 a.m.
do not Devil my ass
It's a little light for Sevs, especially with 2yr 50% retention.
Think that it'd have to be one of Niemelä, Knies or Amirov in there instead of Rindell.
Also, Devils could take Mrazek's cap of your hands if you'd like.
Jan. 22, 2022 at 9:43 a.m.
TopDawgReese
Quoting: PaulieWalnuts
Think that it'd have to be one of Niemelä, Knies or Amirov in there instead of Rindell.

The leafs aren’t really willing to part with any of those prospect. What if we throw in another B-level prospect like Ryan Tvenberg
Saskleaf liked this.
Jan. 22, 2022 at 9:44 a.m.
TopDawgReese

Also Mrazek is a good goalie but unfortunately hasn’t caught a rhythm as yet. I expect him to rebound these upcoming months with Campbells fatigue is starting to show.
Jan. 22, 2022 at 10:58 a.m.
Go leafs go

Really? Because the leafs would gladly let them take Mrazek. Not sure about including one of Neimela, Knies or Amirov though. That's a little much.
Jan. 22, 2022 at 11:03 a.m.
Quoting: MauriceArthur15
The leafs aren’t really willing to part with any of those prospect. What if we throw in another B-level prospect like Ryan Tvenberg

Would still be a long ways off. Devils are not selling him, so you’d have to convince them otherwise. Rindell plus 1st is a package that would be offered a team who is trying to sell a pending UFA. Severson has term, and Devils prefer to re-sign him when his contract is up in two years.
Jan. 22, 2022 at 11:08 a.m.
TopDawgReese
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Would still be a long ways off. Devils are not selling him, so you’d have to convince them otherwise. Rindell plus 1st is a package that would be offered a team who is trying to sell a pending UFA. Severson has term, and Devils prefer to re-sign him when his contract is up in two years.

Severson is great player but resigning him after his contract is massive mistake especially for an organization coming out of a rebuild. The cost is gonna be high and players of severson play style bodies deteriorate at his age.

As for the trade you other colleague said it was light I offered to add Ryan Tvebgerg another B-level prospect. That package is the same Muzzin got when he was traded. I believe it’s fair deal and if y’all want to peruse severson after the fact go ahead as by then Liljegren should be a top 4 dman and Niemela will just be starting out his NHL career.
Jan. 22, 2022 at 11:10 a.m.
TopDawgReese

Like I’ve previously said before in the thread Leafs don’t need to give up a A-level prospect like Knies, Robertson, Amirov or Niemela. The cost would be far lower if we have one of those and if we do trade one it’s probably for Chychurun
Jan. 22, 2022 at 11:13 a.m.
Quoting: Saskleaf
Really? Because the leafs would gladly let them take Mrazek. Not sure about including one of Neimela, Knies or Amirov though. That's a little much.

Not including one them? Or not including two of them?

You have seen my posts on here. It will likely take one of Niemela or Knies, plus another prospect (>Rindell), plus a pick. And honestly, we care less about the pick. Our GM has said multiple times that any trades he is making will be for good young players (Jack and Nico’s age) that he can build around. Has also talked about Severson as a cornserstone piece for us. So….Liljegren/Knies, or Niemela/Robertson, or Sandin/Villeneuve. No Holl, Ritchie, Dermott. No longshot prospects.
Jan. 22, 2022 at 11:16 a.m.
Go leafs go

You have seen my posts on here. It will likely take one of Niemela or Knies, plus another prospect (>Rindell), plus a pick. And honestly, we care less about the pick. Our GM has said multiple times that any trades he is making will be for good young players (Jack and Nico’s age) that he can build around. Has also talked about Severson as a cornserstone piece for us. So….Liljegren/Knies, or Niemela/Robertson, or Sandin/Villeneuve. No Holl, Ritchie, Dermott. No longshot prospects.

You really don't want a first round pick? Because honestly, I'd be fine with the leafs just trading a top prospect in the place of a first.

Neimela, Holl and Abramov?

Or, if you actually think Villenevue is a top prospect, you can have him.
Jan. 22, 2022 at 11:20 a.m.
TopDawgReese

Ok but when has a player has been traded for top prospect like that. If Muzzin fetched 2019 1st, Sean Durzi, Carl Grundstrom and 2020 3rd, how can you justify Severson for Robertson, 2022 1st and another prospect.

At the time Sean Durzi was considered a mediocre prospect too compared to what he is viewed now.
Jan. 22, 2022 at 11:21 a.m.
TopDawgReese
Ok but when has a player has been traded for top prospect like that. If Muzzin fetched 2019 1st, Sean Durzi, Carl Grundstrom and 2020 3rd, how can you justify Severson for Robertson, 2022 1st and another prospect.

At the time Sean Durzi was considered a mediocre prospect too compared to what he is viewed now.

You also have to remember Muzzin was a 2 time Stanley cup champion in the middle of his best season to date and was one of the most underrated defenceman in the league at the time.
Jan. 22, 2022 at 11:23 a.m.
Severson is great player but resigning him after his contract is massive mistake especially for an organization coming out of a rebuild. The cost is gonna be high and players of severson play style bodies deteriorate at his age.

As for the trade you other colleague said it was light I offered to add Ryan Tvebgerg another B-level prospect. That package is the same Muzzin got when he was traded. I believe it’s fair deal and if y’all want to peruse severson after the fact go ahead as by then Liljegren should be a top 4 dman and Niemela will just be starting out his NHL career.

Tverberg + Rindell gets you Subban. Not Severson. Both of those guys are total long-shots for NHL and our pipeline is stacked with much more likely options for us.

Also, when Muzzin was dealt, the Leafs were dealing the #3 and #5 ranked prospects from a pipeline that was considered better than it is today. Niemela, Robertson plus 1st *is* the Muzzin comp. And the Kings wanted to move him, while we don’t want to move Severson. And teams pay a premium for RHD, Muzzin is LHD.

Like I’ve previously said before in the thread Leafs don’t need to give up a A-level prospect like Knies, Robertson, Amirov or Niemela. The cost would be far lower if we have one of those and if we do trade one it’s probably for Chychurun

Why would the cost be lower? Show me one comp where a team got a top-4 RHD for two years at $2m for anything close to this.
Jan. 22, 2022 at 11:32 a.m.
TopDawgReese
Tverberg + Rindell gets you Subban. Not Severson. Both of those guys are total long-shots for NHL and our pipeline is stacked with much more likely options for us.

Also, when Muzzin was dealt, the Leafs were dealing the #3 and #5 ranked prospects from a pipeline that was considered better than it is today. Niemela, Robertson plus 1st *is* the Muzzin comp. And the Kings wanted to move him, while we don’t want to move Severson. And teams pay a premium for RHD, Muzzin is LHD.

Why would the cost be lower? Show me one comp where a team got a top-4 RHD for two years at $2m for anything close to this.

Bud in 2019 our pipeline was on of the worst. They were in the 20-25 range at best. Shoutout to Mark Hunters horrendous drafting. The currently have a top 10 prospect pool in the league all from majority drafting outside the 1st round and the player we gave you aren’t long shots. Rindell is just like Sean Durzi and Tvenberg almost made team Canada this after being a 7th round pick in 2020.

Look at any prospect reports on those players and you’ll see how they’re gonna be a NHL players. The Leafs know how to find talent outside of round 1 currently.

Also teams pay premiums for Stanley cup experiences which Severson doesn’t have unfortunately and Muzzin was a top paring Dman along side Doughty in 2014 run. I think that cancels out RHD premium.

I mean if y’all want to complain and be pissy about go ahead there bud all you. It’s a fair deal. You’re also getting back a RHD for 2 million in the deal that’s played top 4 minutes for the better part of 2 season. If y’all want to be like that fair it’s your player but we will look else where while y’all stuck in playoff limbo.
Saskleaf liked this.
Jan. 22, 2022 at 11:39 a.m.
Quoting: Saskleaf
You really don't want a first round pick? Because honestly, I'd be fine with the leafs just trading a top prospect in the place of a first.

Neimela, Holl and Abramov?

Or, if you actually think Villenevue is a top prospect, you can have him.

I would walk away from the 1st much more easily than walking about from adding the right prospects. We have had a ton of picks in recent years. When I hear our GM speak nowadays, he wants young players. He wants to fill missing pieces to the puzzle.

Here are our needs if we move Severson…

1. A defensive d-man, preferably RHD (would probably play with Ty Smith)
2. A finishing, goal-scoring winger (either side)
3. A physical, offensive winger
4. Possibly a puck-moving RHD if Walsh is unable to move into Subban’s spot next year.
5. Possibly a goaltender if Bernier is still hurt next year and Daws/Schmid are not ready (more of a short-term need)

Fill two of those holes with guys we can realistically count on long-term and it’s probably workable. Which is why I have been saying Niemela/Robertson, or Knies/Amirov, etc.

If I were a Leafs fan, I would be offering Liljegren, plus one of Knies, Robertson or Amirov, plus a 2nd round pick (or 1st with retention). After two seasons with Sevs, Niemela would be there in line.
Jan. 22, 2022 at 12:12 p.m.
Bud in 2019 our pipeline was on of the worst. They were in the 20-25 range at best. Shoutout to Mark Hunters horrendous drafting. The currently have a top 10 prospect pool in the league all from majority drafting outside the 1st round and the player we gave you aren’t long shots. Rindell is just like Sean Durzi and Tvenberg almost made team Canada this after being a 7th round pick in 2020.

Look at any prospect reports on those players and you’ll see how they’re gonna be a NHL players. The Leafs know how to find talent outside of round 1 currently.

Also teams pay premiums for Stanley cup experiences which Severson doesn’t have unfortunately and Muzzin was a top paring Dman along side Doughty in 2014 run. I think that cancels out RHD premium.

I mean if y’all want to complain and be pissy about go ahead there bud all you. It’s a fair deal. You’re also getting back a RHD for 2 million in the deal that’s played top 4 minutes for the better part of 2 season. If y’all want to be like that fair it’s your player but we will look else where while y’all stuck in playoff limbo.

The Toronto Pipeline Ranking in 2018-19
Steve Kournianos: #16
Corey Pronman #19
The Hockey News #1

The Toronto Pipeline Ranking today
Steve Kournianos #19
Corey Pronman #21
The Hockey News: #19

In 2018, here is where Durzi and Grundstrom were ranked
Wheeler #3 and #5
Leafs Nation #3 and #6

The pipeline was more well-regard in 2018-19. Durzi and Grundstrom were #3 and #5/6 in that pipeline.

Yet you want to offer us prospects #13 and #20 today
Jan. 22, 2022 at 2:09 p.m.
Go leafs go
I would walk away from the 1st much more easily than walking about from adding the right prospects. We have had a ton of picks in recent years. When I hear our GM speak nowadays, he wants young players. He wants to fill missing pieces to the puzzle.

Here are our needs if we move Severson…

1. A defensive d-man, preferably RHD (would probably play with Ty Smith)
2. A finishing, goal-scoring winger (either side)
3. A physical, offensive winger
4. Possibly a puck-moving RHD if Walsh is unable to move into Subban’s spot next year.
5. Possibly a goaltender if Bernier is still hurt next year and Daws/Schmid are not ready (more of a short-term need)

Fill two of those holes with guys we can realistically count on long-term and it’s probably workable. Which is why I have been saying Niemela/Robertson, or Knies/Amirov, etc.

If I were a Leafs fan, I would be offering Liljegren, plus one of Knies, Robertson or Amirov, plus a 2nd round pick (or 1st with retention). After two seasons with Sevs, Niemela would be there in line.

If that’s the ask, Severson is staying in New Jersey. There is absolutely no way that the leafs are going to give up 2 top prospects, regardless of what pick they are giving up, for Severson.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll