SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Ottawa Senators

The rumour is Fiala according to Shawn Simpson

Feb. 9, 2022 at 3:08 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: drmantalban
Thanks, that’s what I thought but didn’t want to assume.

Jarventie is more of a boom or bust with top 6 potential. Greig is more of a safer 3rd line floor with 2 way abilities and roughs it up
MNCountryClub liked this.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 3:09 p.m.
Au-revoir Dorion
Quoting: csick
I was thinking

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Fiala-Stutzle-Pinto
Formenton-Paul/White-Brown

that would be dope, second pp unit would really have some juice aswell
csick liked this.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 3:12 p.m.
I think there’s some truth to this. Both teams have been scouting each other and it makes perfect sense. It looks like a move in the summer

Yeah, I just think you can basically take anything Simmer says and throw it in the trash. Most of the time when he tries to drop his scoops he's joking, or he's just wrong and pretends he was joking the whole time.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 3:13 p.m.
Jarventie is more of a boom or bust with top 6 potential. Greig is more of a safer 3rd line floor with 2 way abilities and roughs it up

Yeah I’ve watched a bit of Greig this year but none of Jarventie. Greig is a heck of a player. I love physical goal scoring types. Would love him on the Wild. Jarventie is intriguing too though. We have a good prospect pool so I don’t hate the idea of a boom or bust high ceiling type.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 3:14 p.m.
Au-revoir Dorion
I was thinking

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Fiala-Stutzle-Pinto
Formenton-Paul/White-Brown

honestly I think gaudettes even earned himself some play hes been pretty good thus far. Maybe something like

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Fiala-Stutzle-Brown
Formenton-Pinto-Gaudette
Paul-White-Watson
?

Would be a pretty interesting top to bottom rotation
csick liked this.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 3:17 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: Borocop
honestly I think gaudettes even earned himself some play hes been pretty good thus far. Maybe something like

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Fiala-Stutzle-Brown
Formenton-Pinto-Gaudette
Paul-White-Watson
?

Would be a pretty interesting top to bottom rotation

Yup even switch Watson with Sokolov and that top 12 is insane
Borocop liked this.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 3:19 p.m.
I can already tell I'm going to be disappointed with any deal with Ottawa.

Batherson, Tkachuk, Norris, Stutzle are off the table.
Don't know about the status of guys like Formenton, Thomson, Bernard-Docker, but also not really that interested in them.
Then they have guys like Boucher, Greig, Pinto, Jarventie who don't really project well as "sure" top six players, wouldn't want those as the centerpiece.
Connor Brown doesn't move the needle for me, and even at 3.6M it would be hard to fit him anyway, though I could see Guerin being interested cause reasons.

Would probably look to make the deal something like OTT 1st (top 2 protected) + one of those other pieces like Greig. That would work, though I'd still much rather move Dumba and keep Fiala.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 3:23 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: Caerii
I can already tell I'm going to be disappointed with any deal with Ottawa.

Batherson, Tkachuk, Norris, Stutzle are off the table.
Don't know about the status of guys like Formenton, Thomson, Bernard-Docker, but also not really that interested in them.
Then they have guys like Boucher, Greig, Pinto, Jarventie who don't really project well as "sure" top six players, wouldn't want those as the centerpiece.
Connor Brown doesn't move the needle for me, and even at 3.6M it would be hard to fit him anyway, though I could see Guerin being interested cause reasons.

Would probably look to make the deal something like OTT 1st (top 2 protected) + one of those other pieces like Greig. That would work, though I'd still much rather move Dumba and keep Fiala.

Greig and Pinto definitely project as top 6 players , most likely 2nd liners tho. JBD and Thomson will be 2nd pair guys if I were to bet . But both solid. I’d rather move the 2022 1st. Formenton is approaching untouchable territory absolutely lighting it up.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 3:30 p.m.
Greig and Pinto definitely project as top 6 players , most likely 2nd liners tho. JBD and Thomson will be 2nd pair guys if I were to bet . But both solid. I’d rather move the 2022 1st. Formenton is approaching untouchable territory absolutely lighting it up.

If we're trading Fiala, it's because we need the cap space, but it should also be to address a need, which means top six centers and right handed right wings. That's why I'd have very little interest in Formenton in the first place. I like Pinto to an extent but not as the centerpiece for a Fiala deal. I also question both his and Greig's offensive upside to be reliable, full time top six players.

I'll say that it should be a given that just because fans think a guy is untouchable doesn't mean he is. But I am going to assume the players I mentioned before as untouchable are untouchable. Given what's left, Ottawa just has too many left handed wingers. As far as I can tell, the righties are Pinto and Boucher? Neither of those guys would be satisfying as the primary piece in a return. That's where I'm at right now.

But I'm sure Guerin doesn't really care about finding righties or centers (because he hasn't up to this point).
Feb. 9, 2022 at 3:33 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: Caerii
If we're trading Fiala, it's because we need the cap space, but it should also be to address a need, which means top six centers and right handed right wings. That's why I'd have very little interest in Formenton in the first place. I like Pinto to an extent but not as the centerpiece for a Fiala deal. I also question both his and Greig's offensive upside to be reliable, full time top six players.

I wouldn’t trade Pinto for Fiala straight up tbh.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 3:52 p.m.
Quoting: Borocop
I think running a combination of norris, stutzle and pinto down the middle for the sens will provide move value than getting fiala. Also think minnesota could just easily slot in rossi next year and not have a real need for a centre. Maybe they would be interested in letting goligoski walk and slotting in brannstrom for some cap $ savings? kind of hard to say because minnesotas so deep with players

Brannstrom would be a nice target. Minnesota is definitely very deep in certain positions. I would say Brannstrom, 2022 first has to be enough, if not then a little more but not much. I just said Pinto as I think they would want him, or the pick. I was just trying to find a trade that works for both teams. Rossi is too small to be a long term 1c in my opinion. I think he would be better on the wing.
csick and Borocop liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll