SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

Toronto's biggest #1/2 LHD this summer

Who should Toronto target
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Apr. 8, 2017 at 11:11 a.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
IMO I strongly believe Toronto are going to go hunting for a top 2D this summer. As much as they want to stick to their " building young" philosophy, they are in desperate need for someone to play with rieilly or maybe eve replace him for an even more elite young top D like OEL. Sources say Toronto will be shopping for a D that can play over 20 minutes and can play good 2 way. IMO I believe that Toronto should be targeting Manson for his age, Tanev for his defensive corsi or even Pietrangelo. Even tho his contract is 3 more years, he would sign with TO as he is from there. Would love to see a Pietrangelo-rielly combo
Apr. 8, 2017 at 11:11 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
I would love Spurgeon on Toronto. He has to be the most underrated solid puck moving defenseman in the league. He's not super offensive but he's amazing defensively and Leafs really need someone they can rely on once they have the lead.
Apr. 9, 2017 at 10:17 a.m.
Kinda like many of the options you have listed for the Leafs. Isles, Wild, Ducks do have number issues in protecting all their Dmen for the draft. Maybe the Blues might when to change their composition of their team after their first round knockout again this year.
Apr. 15, 2017 at 12:31 p.m.
Pietrangelo isn't going anywhere unless Toronto overpays. Which they won't.
Apr. 16, 2017 at 6:08 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I think they should try to acquire Jacob Trouba. I mean, they might rather go for a LHD, but i think Trouba could Be the guy to play with Reilly, and i think he'd fit in well with the Leafs.
May 4, 2017 at 9:27 p.m.
I think if you made this poll this way it would be more realistic:

-Manson
-Vatanen
-Fowler
-Trouba
-Tanev
-Brodin
-Sprugeon
-Hamonic

Guys like Faulk are possibilities, but we would have to over pay with prospects. The other teams may lose some D-men to expansion so they may be willing to cut the price a bit, or they are in contention and can use a Leafs piece such as JVR(+/++/+++).

However, I would be ecstatic with Vatanen, Trouba, Brodin, Spurgeon and Hamonic. All would be the top D on the leafs as Morgan Reilly proved this playoffs.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit