SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

crazy

crazy

Draft Class: 2022
Created By: michaelost
Published: Feb. 16, 2022 at 9:13 a.m.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the New York IslandersNew York Islanders (8→1)
  2. Logo of the Vancouver CanucksVancouver Canucks (14→4)
Feb. 16, 2022 at 9:59 a.m.
Weak first round this year frown
Feb. 16, 2022 at 10:04 a.m.
power forward
Quoting: ChiHawk

It's not that the first round is weak, players haven't been scouted as much because of the pandemic.

Also I wouldn't draft Solomonsson that high. At this point he's an early second round pick maybe even late first-rounder. In this case, the Jets should select Nazar or Chelsey.

Also I wouldn't draft Yurov or Jiricek before Savoie. Jiricek might fall this year because of the injury concerns and Yurov could fall because he simply plays in Russia.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Feb. 16, 2022 at 10:12 a.m.
Quoting: christianyog
It's not that the first round is weak, players haven't been scouted as much because of the pandemic.

Also I wouldn't draft Solomonsson that high. At this point he's an early second round pick maybe even late first-rounder. In this case, the Jets should select Nazar or Chelsey.

Also I wouldn't draft Yurov or Jiricek before Savoie. Jiricek might fall this year because of the injury concerns and Yurov could fall because he simply plays in Russia.

The players lost a lot of playing time as well because of the pandemic which results in weaker players then usual.
Feb. 16, 2022 at 10:25 a.m.

Not really, there's no true 1 OVR player but the draft has some talent that will fall, I'd say the 1st round is fairly deep, but misses that top guy
Feb. 16, 2022 at 10:41 a.m.
power forward
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Not really, there's no true 1 OVR player but the draft has some talent that will fall, I'd say the 1st round is fairly deep, but misses that top guy

Wouldn't Wright be the true No. 1 player?
ChiHawk liked this.
Feb. 16, 2022 at 10:43 a.m.
Quoting: christianyog
Wouldn't Wright be the true No. 1 player?

He is my n.1 OVR player but he's not exactly what you'd want from a 1 OVR player, doesn't really have a wow factor
ChiHawk, Z0ra and TZ11 liked this.
Feb. 16, 2022 at 10:44 a.m.
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

Interesting take. I'd say there are 5 or 6 players that stand out in the first round, but the rest of the 1st is weak comparatively to other years. Usually there are 12 to 20 players that stand out as top 10 picks and i just don't see it this year beyond the 5 or 6 players; the rest are mid to late rounders in a typical draft year. However, as said earlier, the pandemic didn't give scouts enough time with these kids the last couple years and also didn't give the kids enough game time so their development is going to be slower is my guess.
Feb. 16, 2022 at 11:49 a.m.
Interesting take. I'd say there are 5 or 6 players that stand out in the first round, but the rest of the 1st is weak comparatively to other years. Usually there are 12 to 20 players that stand out as top 10 picks and i just don't see it this year beyond the 5 or 6 players; the rest are mid to late rounders in a typical draft year. However, as said earlier, the pandemic didn't give scouts enough time with these kids the last couple years and also didn't give the kids enough game time so their development is going to be slower is my guess.

Have to disagree. This draft has a lot of guys who scream "Top 10". In my mind, there are 14 players that are definitely Top 10-worthy. And I wouldn't call this year's 1st weak at all; in fact, it projects to be rather strong.
A_Habs_fan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll